The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 6, What Have You in the House?
- ... I have God in my consciousness. I have the kingdom of God within me. I have the grace of God within me, and wherever I go I have that to give. I need never open my mouth. I can keep as silent as I want to be, and yet I can be a blessing wherever I am by the recognition that the presence of God is with me wherever I am, and that presence of God is a benediction to all whom I meet. We must be very sure that we want that presence of God to be a benediction to our enemies as well as to our friends. We have to be sure that we want that presence of God to prosper everyone equally. They will not all prosper equally, because they will not all open their consciousness to it, but we have to want it for them; we have to pray for our enemies; we have to forgive seventy times seven. It makes no difference whether they accept it; it makes no difference whether they know it. We are making our demonstration at this moment, and that demonstration calls for what we have in the house, and we have to give it: we have forgiveness and we have love; we have sharing; we have praying for the enemy; we have praying for our friends; we have the kingdom of God within us. Sharing Material Good The sharing of our material good is especially important to the persons who have such a fear of the lack of money that they hoard it. For them it is a very good thing to be compelled to break loose and begin giving and sharing, because they may have been making a God out of hoarding their possessions, and as long as they are doing that they cannot expect to make spiritual progress. The giving of our material goods is really the least of the spiritual graces. If there is somebody who is fearing to give up those last few drops of oil or that last bit of meal, then it is good that in some way or other he be compelled to give. Many years ago a very successful and prosperous practitioner had a patient come one day and ask for help. She told the practitioner that she was not in a position to pay for it, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...What Have You in the House_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 3, Essentials of Healing
- ~ 3 ~ ESSENTIALS OF HEALING THERE CANNOT BE THE PRESENCE OF GOD and the absence of any quality of God, or the presence of any quality that is not of God. Anything unlike God is only an appearance or a suggestion of a selfhood or activity separate and apart from God. For example, if we see any evidence of error-drunkenness, immorality, accident, sin, or disease-let us translate that immediately into the word suggestion or the word appearance. If we do this, we will have taken a big step forward because, whatever the appearance, it does not exist as an actual condition, it does not exist as a thing or a person. It exists only as a false appearance, and when we recognize it as that, it disappears. We have thereby seen through it and destroyed it because its only reality lay in our believing it to be something or someone. Whenever, then, error presents itself to us as some person or some thing, if we are quick and alert and realize that it is neither a thing nor a person, that it is nothing but a suggestion of a selfhood apart from God, an illusory picture, so quickly will it be met that the sick person will jump to his feet and the drunken one will become sober. When a call for help comes, just to recognize that this is neither a person, a thing, nor a condition, but only a suggestion, which we are not going to accept, ends it. It is in this immediate recognition that instantaneous healings come. An instantaneous healing will not take place if the practitioner first looks upon the problem as a person, thing, or condition. The only way the illusion can be dispelled is to recognize instantly that we are dealing with appearance or suggestion. When we look at the streetcar tracks in the distance and see them converging, that is not a condition, and nobody has to pray or give a treatment. All we are called upon to do is to recognize that this is only an appearance. So also, the sky does not sit on the mountain. This exists not as an actual condition to be met, but only as a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 3, Essentials of Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 111K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIII, Living In, Through, and By the Spirit
- CHAPTER XXIII LIVING IN, THROUGH, AND BY THE SPIRIT The attainment of the fourth-dimensional or illumined consciousness is the secret of harmonious, abundant, and gracious living, living without strife or struggle, completely free from the material sense of life. This freedom of the illumined is really a freedom from ignorance because only the ignorant can cleave to the belief that life is dependent on things and people in the external realm. Is not the whole material sense of life characterized by a faith, hope, and reliance on the external? To believe that life is dependent on a heart and sustained by food alone, or that strength is dependent on the development of muscles, in short, to believe that life is subject to, or dependent on, any thing or any thought is material sense. The truth is that life governs the external realm, but to come into agreement with that, we must understand that our body and our mind belong to us, and that it is I that governs that mind and that body, not the mind or the body that governs us. In the degree that we realize that I governs the mind and I governs the body are we illumined and free from the domination of mind and body. The mind is given to us as a thinking apparatus so that we can think what thoughts we want to think. We have a mind and we therefore determine what is going to occupy our mind. But inasmuch as we are human antennas, we often find ourselves thinking the thoughts that everybody else is thinking. That is why at times fear overwhelms us, a fear that is not our fear but the universal fear that we pick up through our everyday contact with the world. This that comes to us by way of the universal mind can be fear or it can be doubt, it can be almost anything; and until we are aware of the I, those things will continue to intrude into our experience and dominate us. But that domination will become less and less, the more we realize the I. There must be that recognition of I-I, Self-complete being: I am the embodiment of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Through, and By the Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 6, Teaching the Message
- ~ 6 ~ TEACHING THE MESSAGE For the benefit of those who are having patients or students coming to them and who are not only trying to bring about healing for them, but at the same time introduce them to the subject of spiritual truth, let me point out that one of the first things that must be taught to the person who either has had little or no experience in metaphysics or to the one who is coming from some other school of metaphysics into the Infinite Way is the meaning of terms like Soul, Consciousness, and the Christ. Rarely do you meet a lay person in this work-I don't mean practitioners, I mean an average patient or student-who has caught the vision of the word, "Soul." It is one of the most misunderstood words in metaphysics and is so important that, without an understanding of it, the spiritual vision of this message cannot be perceived. The Soul-Faculties and Consciousness Soul, or Consciousness, is the seat of those faculties which we interpret as physical organs and functions and physical faculties or physical senses. The day will come when, if you know enough about Consciousness, you can leave everything else alone, for in the word, "Consciousness," and the spiritual understanding of it, is contained all the knowledge that is to be known about God, man, and the universe. As a matter of fact, the five senses-sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell-sometimes metaphysically called "the unreal senses," are but our misinterpretation of Consciousness. For example, if I see you, I am conscious of your presence through the faculty of sight; if I hear you, I am conscious of your presence through the organs of hearing; and, of course, I can also become conscious of you through my sense of smell or taste. But what is happening is that I am conscious of you. Therefore, the five senses are really just five different facets of the activity of Consciousness, which is the one real faculty and is spiritual; they are but the finite sense of that one spiritual activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Teaching the Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 9, The Argument or Treatment
- ~ 9 ~ THE ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT If the teacher of spiritual wisdom could sit and hear in the silence and then let the divine Consciousness impart the truth to his students, there would be little possibility of any misunderstanding, but because words cloak the real meaning, it is necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I myself do not use affirmations and denials, and I disapprove heartily of their use in this work. Such things as reciting any statement, however scientific it may appear to be, twenty-five or a hundred times, or repeating the Lord's Prayer ten times, or affirming, "Every day prosperity is making me rich," are decidedly no part of the Infinite Way. That statement needs clarification, however, because the argument is used in this work and is that part of the work which I call treatment. Most of the time, you may use very little treatment, but on the other hand, there are occasions when you may use a great deal of treatment. Ordinarily in the course of the day when a call for help comes over the telephone or by letter, very little in the way of treatment should be necessary because the state of consciousness in which the practitioner or teacher lives and which he maintains should be sufficient to meet all needs. It must be realized that the call for help has nothing to do with a person; it is just suggestion. Most healings are brought about through nothing more nor less than some such statement as, "I will be with you," or, "I will take care of it," or, "I am standing by," but back of those statements is the consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken. It must be understood, of course, that I means God. When a practitioner assures the patient, "I am standing by," he means that God is standing by and, therefore, his patient is in the best hands in the world. However, it would be very dangerous if the practitioner made such a statement merely as a human being, because, as a human being, the practitioner can do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 11, 1963, Lessons on Grace
- LESSONS ON GRACE August 11, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Every experience in The Infinite Way is meant only as a lesson. If we have meetings of this nature or of another nature, be assured they are of no importance except as a lesson. I would never have meetings in and of themselves, because they can become habit-forming. In other words students sometimes believe there is a virtue in attending them or they feel that by their attendance at meetings they become more spiritual. Once you have these mistaken concepts, the meetings have lost their value. During this year we have met at noon on Sundays in a room like this, or a more beautiful room upstairs on the eleventh floor, and also in another beautiful room on the shores of the Pacific. In times past, we have met in a tiny place here in Waikiki. Yes, we have met in many places and under many circumstances, and one of the lessons meant to be conveyed is this: You do not have to go to a holy mountain or to Jerusalem or to magnificent temple to find God. "Here where I am, God is," and this is true if you make your bed in hell. Yes, and it is true if you mount up to heaven and it is true if you walk through the valley of the shadow of death. "Here where I am, God is." I hope those of you who have met with us here or elsewhere, in dingy places and in luxurious places, realize this: The meeting was only for one purpose-that we might unite to receive God's grace. It really makes no difference where we unite and it really makes no difference if we unite since "one with God is a majority"; and, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Our meetings are as irregularly conducted as you can possibly imagine; we meet sometimes here, sometimes there, and sometimes nowhere. We are held together by no human bond, no human tie, no human obligation-there is not even an obligation to attend these meetings. Even I hold myself without obligation to be here, should ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 11, 1963, Lessons on Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 10, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 2
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 2 March 10, 1963 Halekulani Hotel FIRST OF ALL, OF COURSE, is to find some way to express gratefulness for these two days of celebration we have had, two days of feast together. It is difficult to find words to express gratitude for the spiritual feast that underlies the external feast. In The Infinite Way we have watched experiences like this, in beautiful expressions of gratitude and love, shown not only to us but to those who have come here from the mainland, England, Australia. When we have been in London and the continent of Europe, we have witnessed the same gratitude, not only to us, but to the students who have traveled to England and the Continent. Therefore, what I am trying to say or to express is that not only is the gratitude expressed to us, but this same gratitude and love is shown to anyone, anywhere, who comes into The Infinite Way atmosphere. Just what you are expressing to us and to these visitors from overseas, The Infinite Way students overseas express to us and to those who come from far places. Behind these outer expressions of love and gratitude and sharing is the relationship that exists between us as Infinite Way students. The relationship that exists between us-this is the heart and the core. There are no human ties between us. We belong to nothing and we belong to no one. In The Infinite Way nobody is greater than anyone else, because everyone in this work has problems at times. No one of us has risen to become a God. Therefore, there is no one of us who could set ourselves above others, for none of us have fully attained. However, whatever our level of spiritual attainment is, it has for its basis our relationship with each other. What is the basis of our relationship? The answer is, our relationship with God. Our conscious oneness with God makes us one with each other. As I have told you before, for about fifteen years I was the only Infinite Way student in the world. Now what has drawn to me on a worldwide basis ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 2.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 5, Treatment as The Consciousness of Truth
- ... We must be willing for it to shine as much in our enemy's yard as in our own. While we are entertaining in thought some sense of enmity or hate, treatment or prayer is void. The Master-Christian taught: Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Matthew 5:23, 24 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Matthew 5:44 Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21, 22 Can you not see that without this quality of forgiveness treatment or prayer is just a waste of time? Consciousness must be a transparency for God, and a transparency for God is universal, impersonal, and impartial. His rain falls alike on the just and the unjust. The teachings of the Master are full of love and forgiveness, with never a trace of judgment or condemnation. Remember, in the case of the man born blind when the disciples asked the Master who did sin, this man, or his parents that he was born blind? Jesus answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 2 And to the adulterous woman, he said, "Neither do I condemn thee." 3 Nowhere in the Christ-consciousness is there a possibility of any hate, envy, jealousy, or malice finding lodgment. A consciousness which entertains any of those traits is not a healing consciousness. The consciousness of a healer must be the consciousness of an individual who entertains no hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. It is easy to determine whether your treatment is going to be effective or whether you can do good healing work. How great a sense of personal hurt do you entertain in the world? I do not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Consciousness of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 3, The Christ Ministry
- Jesus said unto His disciples: Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. (Matthew 11:5) That is the will of God for man! Never let anyone tell you that God's will for man is not good! Never let anyone tell you that it is God's will that you be punished for any sin that you have committed. The Master's ministry was one of healing and forgiveness. He forgave the woman taken in adultery and the thief on the ... He taught that we must not pray until we have established peace with our fellowman. In other words, when you acknowledge that you love your neighbor as yourself, you are asking God's Grace not only for yourself, not only for your friends, but for all those who are reaching toward spiritual realization, whether they be friends or enemies. Christ's ministry was one of forgiveness. He condemned no man. It is not God's will that people be punished for their sins, but that they be forgiven. Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (John 8:11) He that is without sin among you, let him cast the ... Each group within a community had a priest who would call them together twice a year. He would line them up in front of him and ask each one, "Have you had any trouble with anyone in this group in the past six months?" If the answer was, "Yes," he would instruct, "Make peace now. Begin forgiving him or asking for his forgiveness!" And then, "Have you entertained any jealousy or animosity? Begin now by asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" And, "Have you had lust or animality toward anyone? Start now asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" Thus, each person was compelled to purge himself and herself of these negative human emotions. They were then told, "Now the peace of God can begin to flow in your minds and bodies. Without this, you are blocking entrance to the Divine Grace." Is it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 3, The Christ Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents