The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 3, Treatment - Knowing the Truth
- ~ 3 ~ TREATMENT: KNOWING THE TRUTH Good evening. The other evening we started by saying that as a human being you are a pendulum. You are acted upon, and whichever way thoughts fly in the air they move you. If there is pessimism or fear or danger in the air, you feel downhearted, discouraged, blue and fearful. If optimism, boom and prosperity are in the air, you feel inflated. If there is infection and contagion in the air, the first thing you know, you have flu or grippe. These things ought not to be because you were given dominion over everything between the sky and the bottom of the ocean-you were given dominion by the grace of God. But instead of exercising dominion, you wake up in the morning, get dressed, have breakfast, and run off to work leaving your minds a perfect blank for anybody to operate on or in, for anything to influence by whichever way the wind blows. This is why the human world experiences the things it does. You know it has been demonstrated that those who are willing to take the driver's seat in their minds and govern their own thinking, who decide what they wish to think and for how long a time they wish to think it, those people have some dominion over their own lives. We have been taught how to do that. I'm going to give you a concrete illustration of how the power of thought acting on us influences us. There is a minister who recently wrote a book on the effect of prayer on plants. He wrote this book after several years of conducting experiments that others had also tried through the years, and the results of his experiments and those of the others are always the same. He discovered this: If you take a plant, place it on a table, and have one, two, or three people sit in front of it and address it with what you might call prayer or treatment, in a few days the plant will grow at least four inches beyond the normal growth of that species. They love the plant, tell the plant that God created it, that it is a child of God, that it is fed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eatment - Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1957, Out of Darkness - Light
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Out of Darkness - Light 1 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1: 2 THE light of God, the light of spiritual wisdom, enters consciousness only in the degree of our own receptivity and devotion to it. It cannot force itself upon us, nor can it come to us in any greater measure than we, ourselves, permit. God is the full and complete brightness thereof, but it is for us to determine the measure of the light we shall receive. It is not enough to say, "I would like the wholeness of God," when our actions disprove such a statement. If we really wanted God above all things, we would provide sufficient opportunity for It to fulfil Itself in us, so that we could receive the fullness of God's light. To a great extent many of us are still living in spiritual darkness. Although we may all have experienced God's grace in some slight measure, even though it be in as slight a measure as is one grain of sand compared with all the sands in the universe, nevertheless, we do not yet know the real meaning of grace. Darkness is upon the face of the deep so far as spiritual health, spiritual harmony, spiritual supply, spiritual relationships, and spiritual peace are concerned. In acknowledging that spiritual darkness reigns, however, we have arrived at that place in consciousness where we are ready to open ourselves to the influx of spiritual light. There is a moment in your life and in mine when darkness is upon us, and we are without form and void. If, in that emptiness, we can become very still, we shall feel the atmosphere of God envelop us, filling our whole being with light. Then comes the assurance: "I 2 will never leave you, nor forsake you. I was with you before Abraham was, and although you have not known Me, I have known you." Yet, even with such comforting assurance, you will be tempted, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...57, Out of Darkness - Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Three, "I Am Come"
- CHAPTER THREE "I AM COME" From the beginning of this message and from its very first book, The Infinite Way1, it was revealed that God is not to be known but to be experienced, and only when God is experienced are there signs following or is there fruitage. You can talk about God; you can discuss God; you can even decide to change the image of God; or you can make up more synonyms for God; but all this is in the realm of toys, an intellectual game. Actually, it is a form of idolatry because it is the making of graven images, only instead of being made of gold, wood, or stone, these images are built out of the substance of thought. So one concept of God is exchanged for another concept of God, and what you end up with is not God but merely your concept of God, your thought about God. You can see why prayer cannot be fruitful as long as it is addressed to a thought about God, an image of God, or a concept of God. What possible difference could it make if your concept is Jewish, Vedantic, Buddhist, or Christian, as long as all you have is a concept? How can a concept answer prayer? How can a thought in your mind answer prayer? AN IMAGE IN THOUGHT IS NOT GOD From the early days of modern metaphysics, "Truth" has been one of the synonyms for God, so when a person speaks of using truth it really is the same as saying, "Use God." But how can anyone use God? If he could, that would make him greater than God. This would also be true if the word "mind" were used as a synonym for God. Do we not use the mind? If we do, does that not make us greater than mind? Consider the idea held in many quarters that thought is power. If thought is power, then thought is greater than we are, yet we are the creators of thought. Terminology can get us into a great deal of trouble, and merely changing the terminology can get us into more trouble, for to say that that is not God, but this is, is just changing one concept or term for another. There is no use believing that one concept of God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Three, _I Am Come_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 8, God Realized
- I Chapter Eight God Realized n meditation God reveals Itself to us and, in revealing Itself, It becomes the presence and power that takes over and governs our experience. If we think of going into meditation believing that it is going to overcome some problem or remove some obstacle, we defeat our purpose and prevent its activity. The reason we stress the nature of error is to remind ourselves that we are not seeking the realization of God for the purpose of overcoming error but, with an understanding that error has no power, we are turning within only for God-realization, and not for any purpose, that is, not to achieve anything. The only achievement is God- realization itself. To have a thought beyond that is to jeopardize our success. We do not go to God to get something as if God were withholding it and as if our going would persuade Him to loosen up. We go to God only for the experience of communion, to sit in the presence of God, to feel the hand of God, and to be touched with the Spirit by the grace of God. That is enough, and when that happens, the discords of human experience begin to fade. The Nature of Gratitude It is right for us to enjoy spiritual grace translated into terms of human harmony and peace, but we cannot gain them by going to God solely for that purpose. Students will often feel a greater sense of gratitude for the healing of some so-called serious problem than they will for the healing of some minor thing. In our work that is rank error because it does not lie within our power to heal a headache or a cancer. But a realization of the presence of God reveals harmony where there was discord. Therefore, what we achieve for those who turn to us for help is the realization of God's presence, and whether it removes a headache or a cancer is incidental. It will do whatever is necessary, and sometimes far more than we could ever dream about. It is more far reaching than the immediate object we may have in mind. To express gratitude in a different ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...om_ Chapter 8, God Realized.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XVIII, Ye Are the Light
- CHAPTER XVIII YE ARE THE LIGHT Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. MATTHEW 5:14-16 We become the light of the world in proportion to our degree of illumination. Some students attain that illumination quickly; and some wait, wait, and wait for the great experience to descend upon them. When it comes, however, it comes suddenly, although the preparation leading up to it may have taken many, many years of studying and meditating, during which time we seem to have made little or no progress. From the first moment, however, that we seriously turned to the attainment of realization, our progress has been rapid even though, to outward appearances, imperceptible. It is like removing a mountain. From the first shovelful of dirt that is carried away, progress is being made in leveling the entire mountain. But a mountain is made up of countless shovelfuls of earth and stone, and not until many of these have been removed is it apparent that any noticeable progress has been made. So it is that when we are aware of the density of human selfhood, we know that we are moving a mountain of ignorance, and although a beginning is made with our first serious meditation, progress will not be too evident for a long, long time. Then all of a sudden it seems to burst upon us like a flash of light. When we have been touched by the Spirit, it is evident in the light shining forth from our eyes and the glow on our face. Outwardly our life changes: Our human relationships change; our nature changes; our health changes; and sometimes even our physical form changes-but only because such changes are the outer manifestation of an inner glory, an inner light, which has been attained by contact with the Father within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XVIII, Ye Are the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 4, Conscious Oneness
- Therefore, the only way I can ever really know you is through spiritual consciousness. That is the real sense of communion, and that is where healing takes place-not in calling a person either a human being or a divine idea, but in reaching through the appearance to the reality. When through spiritual sense we have contacted the reality of a person, we find that God is all the reality there is to him. God, the universal Good, is his individual life, mind, and Soul. Beginning with God then, we come down to Its individualization and find it to be you and me. It is a great temptation, however, to look at people as human beings and find something in them that needs changing, altering, or improving. Oftentimes we become self-righteous when we find someone doing something we think is wrong and piously state, "I can forgive him." This is all part of the human picture and will heal nothing. But when we know that every person is the individualization of God, we can then apply the great law of forgiveness which is not sitting in judgment on a person, first finding him to be wrong and then deciding to be magnanimous and forgive him for being wrong. True forgiveness lies in closing our eyes and in going within to the spiritual sense of things, and there touching the reality of that individual and finding that all reality is God, and that there never has been a sin, a mistake, or anything to overcome. Even if we could correct the sins and faults of our friends or loved ones-and did-we still would not have accomplished much in a spiritual way. But when we blot out the picture of all humanhood, the good as well as the bad, and come close to the center of being, close to God, we find that sooner or later that friend or relative is no longer the erring individual he seems to be. In healing work, we have what appears to be a patient, a practitioner, and God. According to the popularly accepted idea, the patient goes to a practitioner, and the practitioner goes to God, and then God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 4, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 99K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 8, The Silence
- ... Our good, which seems to come to us from others, is but the reflex action of the good we have loosed or released into the world. Ah, yes! But what is the nature of the good that we are to release into the world, since it does not necessarily mean the amount we give to charity, or the human service that we give, or the sacrifices we have made for our country or our church? The good that we loose-we on the Spiritual Path-is the amount of truth that we understand about God and God manifest, and this is all summed up in the two great Commandments of the Master. First of all, we must loose or release the realization of the truth that God alone is Mind, that God alone is Love, that God alone is Life, that God alone is the True Being of individual being. This truth must be constant-it must be a constant state of awareness within us. The second Commandment is: "Love thy neighbor as thyself." Here we have many forms of love: first of all, the love that recognizes God as the individuality of all being. Then there is the love that operates as forgiveness, even unto seventy times seven. There is the love that forgives its enemies and even prays for those who despitefully use us. There is the love given in service to our fellow-man, in gifts to the right causes, in benevolences in the right directions-always, of course, when given out of pure love and with no thought of a return. In proportion as these two great Commandments fill our consciousness, we are casting our bread upon the waters and, naturally, this comes back to us in the form of good. Meanwhile, we are faced with all the appearances and personalities of relatives and friends and enemies. We must learn not to re-act, but to realize that any evil that is done will harm only the one who does it. Just as no good can come into our experience except through the good that we send out, be assured that the opposite-the evil or the materialism that we hold in thought-also comes back to plague us, because it is written, ". . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ers_ Chapter 8, The Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 9, Beyond the Pairs of Opposites to Being
- ~ 9 ~ BEYOND THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES TO BEING Infinity exists within ourselves, the infinity of any and every form that may ever be necessary to our experience. Whether that form is to appear outwardly as words, thoughts, or ideas; whether it is to appear outwardly as designs in clothing, architecture, or bridges, regardless of what form we are to bring forth on earth, its abiding place is within our consciousness. Every word of the Infinite Way message, therefore, is meant to drive us back into our consciousness to draw forth the infinity of supply that is there. Supply of every nature is as infinite and inexhaustible as the words and messages that have come out of my mouth these past years. It is new and fresh every day if we do not depend on yesterday's manna but develop the habit of going within to our consciousness to draw forth fresh supply. It is only in proportion as we think of yesterday's supply as being today's supply that we sometimes run into lack; but as we learn to turn within for a fresh supply we draw forth God's grace in new forms, bigger forms, richer forms. For seventeen years, the message that has found its way into the Infinite Way writings kept pouring through, and if it had not been the word of God, it would have been so stale and monotonous that no one would have read it. But supply is infinite; and therefore it is always fresh and new when it comes forth from the grace of God and not out of the stored-up memory of an individual. In spiritual truth, we do not depend on what we knew yesterday, nor do we even want to live on the money we had yesterday. We do not waste it, I do not mean that; but each day must be a new day in which we go within for God's grace, and we can have no idea what form God's grace is going to take. That, too, is our good fortune because that opens out the way for the new forms, the greater forms, and the greater wisdoms that are to unfold from within our consciousness. Grace Appears as Form Again I must remind you that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Pairs of Opposites to Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 16, 1963, I-That Is All
- I - THAT IS ALL June 16, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. First of all, to those of you who are here with us today for the first time, may I welcome you for myself and for all of us in this group. You may perhaps know that we of The Infinite Way activity do not advertise or proselyte in any way, and there is a reason for this. We recognize the fact that we really have nothing to give, except to those who are led to receive it. In other words, whether or not you receive anything at all from the message of The Infinite Way is not up to us; it is strictly a matter of your own consciousness. You either recognize, receive, and respond to this message, or you do not. There is no power in the message itself, the power is in your consciousness. If the power were in the message itself, the entire world could be saved. We have been offered a gift of ten million dollars to put this message on television across the whole of the United States, but I cannot accept the gift because I do not believe the message in and of itself has that power. Only the consciousness of the individual is power, and whether a message meets your need depends upon whether or not you are receptive or responsive to it. In the same way we could take the music of Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach, or the literature of Shakespeare. They are masterpieces, but does the world enjoy them? No, only those persons in the world can enjoy them who are responsive to that level of consciousness. To others these masters have no value. We have great religious masters-Gautama the Buddha, Nanak, Christ Jesus-and we have many modern mystics from the 12th century to the present. You will notice that they are not saving the world, but they are contributing towards saving thousands of individuals who can receive them. You who may be young students of The Infinite Way will certainly find us pleasant to associate with, although we are disciplinarians. We have no rules set down for the conduct of others, but we are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne 16, 1963, I--That Is All.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents