Living by the Word: Chapter 10, Let the Tares and the Wheat Grow Together
- ... Your problems exist only in the same way that the mirage exists on the desert, as a misperception of what actually is. "I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." 10 You are not told that when you awaken you will heal anybody, but that you will see Him as He is, and that is perfect, perfect now. The way to prove this and to pray in such a way as to honor God is to know that His kingdom is come on earth, as it is in heaven. His kingdom is established on earth, not will be in the future. God would not be God if He had a kingdom and kept it away from this earth now, and then was going to restore it later. God could not be God if God knew any harmony in the future tense. The only way God can be God is for His kingdom to be established where He is and when He is: now. Instantaneous Healing, the Fruitage of Nowness If you hearken well, you will also learn that in the kingdom of God there is neither time nor space. That is what makes instantaneous healing possible; that is what makes instantaneous reformation possible; that is what makes instantaneous forgiveness possible. There is no such thing as waiting in hell until your sins have been washed out; there is no such thing as waiting until you become pure; there is no such thing as waiting somewhere for something to happen, for that would take away from the instantaneity of God. That would take away from the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Anything that has to do with a future tense would degrade our sense of God, for God cannot be God except now, and this now must be infinite, this now must be the omnipresence of God, nothing less and nothing else. You honor God only in your realization of a timeless and ageless God. For this, you find authority in Scripture in such passages as "Thou art the same" 11 yesterday, today and forever. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 12 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." 13 None of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and the Wheat Grow Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 4, Life Unfolding As the Fruitage of Attained Consciousness
- ... Of course, that never was true. That was merely a concept of some writer or teacher, but the Christian era disposed of that and revealed what is now demonstrable, and that is that all your evil karma, all your former wrong thinking or wrongdoing is wiped out in a moment of repentance-not in years of working it out, not in years of suffering, not in years between heaven and hell, and not in years of paying a penalty on earth. No! In my own experience, a moment after the first light, the entire past with its desires and its punishments dropped away. I have witnessed in the years that have followed how many students, in coming to a place of actual repentance for any of their previous wrongs-some of omission, some of commission, some serious, some not so serious-have, in that moment of accepting the spiritual path, wiped out the past, and with their sowing to the Spirit, with their sowing to truth, they have begun very quickly to reap spiritual harmony, spiritual peace, an inner awareness of forgiveness, and an inner awareness of release from the burdens of the human sense of life. I speak not only of sin in terms of what the world calls sin, but also of disease, lack, or limitation, all of which are really sins from the standpoint of spiritual living because they miss the mark of spiritual perfection. Your diseases are as readily wiped out as your sins; your lack and limitation are wiped out as readily as your sins-but only in one way: by sowing to the Spirit, by sowing to truth, by pondering the word of God, by taking the word of God into consciousness, by meditating and contemplating on the word of God. In that moment, you are sowing to the Spirit, you are sowing to truth; and it will not be long before you will be reaping spiritual fruitage, spiritual harmony, spiritual health, spiritual supply, spiritual companionship, and witnessing all these translated into terms of human harmony. Sowing Now Brings Forth Reaping Now This sowing to the Spirit must take place in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e of Attained Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 1, The Spiritual New Year
- ~ 1 ~ THE SPIRITUAL NEW YEAR If the beginning of a new year remains only a calendar-wise beginning, it has no significance whatsoever and produces no assurance as to the kind of a year it can be for you or for me individually, or for anyone else in the world. Always at this time there are the traditional Happy New Years, but regardless of how many good wishes are given or received, they are without power to bring about happiness, peace, harmony, or prosperity in the new, or in any other, year. Newspapers on New Year's Day are usually filled with predictions for the coming year; figures and statistics are examined in an attempt to forecast what will happen; but inasmuch as each person has an entirely different way of evaluating available statistics, each arrives at a different conclusion. It would be interesting to read the predictions in the January 1 editions of last year's newspapers to see how very few of them have come to pass, for neither predictions nor wishes have power to bring about anything in our experience. Far from presenting a hopeless picture, however, this really is the foundation for a very encouraging one because once it is realized that predictions and wishes have no influence upon the year, people can then begin to see what can be done within themselves that will have an effect upon the course of the New Year. The Power of an Individual Everyone has not only tremendous influence upon his own life and upon the lives of those who are near and dear to him but, far more than this, he has the possibility of influencing the whole world. In fact, the course of history has often been altered by one person. The 1960 election is an excellent example of the power of the individual. Just a few votes in this community or in that changed the results in a state and, comparatively speaking, less than half of one percent determined the result of the entire election. So when we are tempted to think how little power we have in shaping the history of our nation or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 1, The Spiritual New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 2, Freedom by Grace
- Chapter Two Freedom By Grace Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 In our human experience, we live primarily by our own efforts, by virtue of air, food, water, and investments. We live by all the things of the outer world. Almost from the beginning of time, it has been known that while this materialistic way of life may result in the attaining of the things we seek, it seldom brings real satisfaction after they have been attained. Although living in the world with a total reliance on the things of the outer world does sometimes result in the attainment of what we may have been seeking, it usually leaves us frustrated because we have neither become complete in ourselves, nor have we attained an inner satisfaction or a sense of rightness. Material Progress Does Not Necessarily Conflict With Spiritual Values For this very reason, throughout all time there have been those few persons devoted to something higher than material accomplishments. Referring to the material good of this world, however, as "just material accomplishments" is not meant to place it in the category of the unnecessary or the evil. Let us not make the mistake of believing that there is no value in these great accomplishments on the material level, because that is nonsensical. The world is better off than in any previous generation, because of the invention, science, discovery, exploration, mining, and research that have been going on for years. We need not decry these material advances. The tragedy is that our moral and spiritual development has not kept pace with our material achievements. I realize that too often we hear discussions and read articles or books giving the impression that materialism is some kind of an evil, that the development, as well as the conservation, of our natural resources, and the discoveries of the many conveniences which we enjoy today in some way are wrong. To take such an attitude is to revert in a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 2, Freedom by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 10, Rejecting Appearances and Concepts
- Chapter Ten Rejecting Appearances and Concepts It was not easy for the followers of the Masters to be told, "My kingdom is not of this world." The only world they knew was the world of Roman domination, the world of the synagogue and the temple, the world of the farm and trade. There was no hint in their teaching that there was any other world except the one to be found after death. That there could be another world, another kingdom here and now, was entirely outside the belief of the human being who lived out from the pairs of opposites. Jesus tried in many different ways to let his followers know about this kingdom. When he spoke of a bread and a meat the world knows not, he was speaking of the bread of a different kingdom, an entirely different consciousness. He spoke of living waters and the many mansions in the Father's house. Most of the Hebrews knew nothing about mansions. Most of them were hard workers and yet he told them, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."1 Where was that place? What did he mean? They were expecting Jesus to go to Jerusalem and overthrow not only the temple but Rome as well: They were expecting that he would overthrow one temporal kingdom and present them with another temporal government. But when he got there, he did not do any overthrowing. It is not too different today when on the one hand there are people who are trying to overthrow the temporal kingdom of communism, and, on the other hand, the communists are trying to overcome or overthrow the temporal kingdom of capitalism, both of them hoping to replace the form they oppose with some form they consider better. That is about as high as the human mind can reach: a better temporal kingdom or a healthier body. Man's Expansion into Outer Space Broke Limitations It is hard for a human being to go higher in consciousness than to think in terms other than that of a healthy body instead of a sick one, a young ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng Appearances and Concepts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 9, The Mind of Christ Jesus
- ~ 9 ~ THE MIND OF CHRIST JESUS Our task now will be the revelation of the consciousness of the statement, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 Throughout all recorded history, no such works were ever done as those of the Master and, yet, he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing," 2 and again, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." 3 It is agreed by all students of metaphysics that the mighty works were the direct activity of that mind which was in Christ Jesus and, according to his own word, that mind was not personal to Jesus, but was "my Father and your Father"-the universal mind or creative principle of all men. Thus, the mind of man is the creative principle of the universe. We, however, long taught to believe that our mind is personal to us, that therefore the mind of one individual differs in intelligence and understanding from another, have lost the consciousness of the infinity of mind, our mind. We can regain this true consciousness of mind only in the degree that we perceive the universality and oneness of mind. We often hear it said, "Oh, if Jesus were only on earth today." Whereas, we must realize that the mind which was in Christ Jesus, the consciousness which healed the sick, fed the multitudes, and raised the dead, is your mind and my mind, and in proportion as we gain spiritually this perception, will we do those works, "and even greater works." After the re-introduction of spiritual healing many mighty healing works were done. So much so, that great edifices were erected in gratitude for marvelous healings and works of reformation. Today we hear that healing work does not compare to the early days in the field of metaphysics, and yet we know that healings were not accomplished by person, but by principle; not by people, but by that mind which was in Christ Jesus. Is it not clear then that we need, more than anything else, to recapture the consciousness of the presence of that mind? Must we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...9, The Mind of Christ Jesus.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:43- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 16, Know the Truth
- ~ 16 ~ KNOW THE TRUTH I'm going to digress for a moment to answer a very important question that came up during our break. In my former metaphysical training, we were told not to specifically treat anyone unless he asked for it, because it hurried him along too fast spiritually, like pulling a child by the arm. There were other reasons, too. But this would be absolutely true if you were working in the mental realm. In other words, you have no more right to enter a person's mental household uninvited than you have to enter his home. Each person should be permitted the integrity of his own mind, his own body, his own home, his own supply, without anyone intruding uninvited. If a person were ill-and for all you know he might be depending upon materia medica-you would have absolutely no right to try to heal him by your means, any more than if you were ill and relying on spiritual means, would you want somebody to stuff medicine into your mouth or take advantage of your being unconscious to otherwise medicate you. You wouldn't want that because you have determined your way of life, even to the extent that you would rather pass from this scene under your own principles of health rather than to remain here under medication or by surgery. I've known many cases like that. To give a person treatment through mental practice means you are entering the household of his mind and interfering with his mental processes, probably even disturbing him. You have no right to do that. If you are working from the mental standpoint of giving treatment to people, don't do it unless you are asked to. It is not your right. And as long as you are following the teaching of the Infinite Way, you will never give anyone a treatment, not only uninvited, but not even if you are invited to, because we do not give treatment to anyone. Never, under any circumstance, do we give treatment to anyone, even if they should ask for it. Why? That is not the procedure of the Infinite Way healing principles. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 16, Know the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1959, God-Realization Dissolves Material Sense
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY God-Realization Dissolves Material Sense THE human world is stumbling from one form of error into another, seldom if ever able to extricate itself from the web of its own weaving, but always rushing onward toward destruction. Those of spiritual enlightenment, however, who understand the nature of error will no longer battle or struggle against it; they will no longer try to find a cause for it; and, what is more important, they will no longer attempt to find a cure for it, because they will perceive that it is but the material and mental concept of the universe that is destroying man. It is not a material universe-there isn't one: It is the material concept and material sense of the universe that man entertains which is his destruction. Material sense always operates through the word "I." It never appears in any form other than "I": "I need this"; "I require that"; "I have this"; or, "I do not have that"; "I long for this"; or, "I miss that"-always the word "I" appears negatively to hold us in its grasp. Or it may appear positively and say, "Oh, yes, I am healthy," or, "I am wealthy," and then sooner or later we find that we are not that at all. In other words, the personal sense of "I," claiming either to be something, have something, or do something, or the personal sense of "I," claiming that it cannot do something or does not have something-this personal sense of "I" constitutes material sense. The personal sense of "I" is always under the necessity of acquiring, achieving, or attaining. Once this is perceived, it quickly appears that this personal sense is not a part of God's universe, never was, and never can be. We begin to understand that there is a spiritual Presence and a spiritual Power, and, in that perception, the personal sense of "I" is lost, and spiritual harmony begins to appear. To all appearances, we remain the same as we have always been, except often with improved health of body or improved condition of purse. Outwardly, we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on Dissolves Material Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 146K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 15, Meditation and Healing
- ~ 15 ~ MEDITATION AND HEALING Meditation is the secret of this entire work. If you succeed in catching the vision of the Infinite Way, you will find that meditation will be responsible for at least ninety percent of that success. You will find that meditation is not only that which opens up consciousness, but meditation, ultimately, is the mode and means of bringing the Christ into manifestation. Many people are afraid of meditation because it has always been closely associated with the Orient. In the Occident, in our Western world, there is no such practice as meditation except among the Quakers. They have, of course, practiced meditation from the beginning of their organization. But aside from them and the various Oriental groups, meditation is practically unknown in the Western world. Yet meditation is your point of contact with Divinity. The kingdom of God is within you, and it is within you, yourself, that you must find God. For although you can be led back to the kingdom within by means of teachers and teachings or even books, these serve a purpose only as they lead you back to the depths of your own being, and it is there you must find God, through meditation. Organizations perform a valuable function in the world, but that function should be to provide a teacher or a book which would be of help in helping students find the kingdom of God within their own being. In addition to teachers and books, organizations can also provide a place where students can go for meditation and communion, while they are in the transitional stage; while they are seeking God, while they are seeking the kingdom. As I see it, there is no reason why some religious organizations should not exist forever. I do not see any reason in our age why they should be discontinued. But I do say that their purpose in the early stage of our search for God is to provide us with books, teachers, teachings, services, or whatever it is that we need that will help us find the kingdom of God. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 15, Meditation and Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter VII, A Rose Is a Rose Is a Rose
- CHAPTER VII A ROSE IS A ROSE IS A ROSE No one can free himself from the belief in two powers and make the return to Eden until he is willing to relinquish his human judgments and look out upon the world with an unconditioned mind. The practice of seeing neither good nor evil can begin at this very moment with any object which comes within range of your vision or with any person with whom you may be confronted. In most cases, however, it is simpler to begin the practice with some object or person with whom you are not emotionally involved. The practice might begin with a bouquet of flowers which may have been sent to you as a gift. If you have no preconceived idea of them, you do not know whether they are going to give you joy in their beauty or an attack of hay fever. Contemplate them, look at them; and if you see them as having power for either good or evil, you will be thinking thoughts about them for a long time to come. Change all that and acknowledge that these flowers, in and of themselves, have no power whatsoever, that they are not good flowers and they are not bad flowers. At this point, you may be willing to admit that they are not evil, but you may still wonder why they are not good. The answer is that they are not good in the sense that good is embodied in them: The good is in the consciousness of the individual who provided the flowers because that good is love. Love is good, love is invisible and spiritual. Love is the substance that sent these flowers to you, perhaps from a great distance; love is that invisible thing of which these flowers are the visible expression. If you were to call these flowers good, and then in three or four days they faded and were gone, you would have lost your good, but inasmuch as their only value beyond a momentary sense of pleasure lies in the lasting remembrance of the giver-of the love that prompted them, of the devotion, the friendship and gratitude-it makes no real difference what happens to them. When the flowers ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... A Rose Is a Rose Is a Rose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:39- 105K
Find Similar Documents