The Art of Meditation: Chapter XIV, The Tabernacle of God
- CHAPTER XIV THE TABERNACLE OF GOD How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts. . . . My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. PSALMS 84:1-2 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. PSALMS 27:4 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? . . . He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart. PSALMS 15:1; 24:4 People of every faith have had their holy place of worship-a temple, mosque, or church-where the earnest seeker could tabernacle with his God. The structure, itself, and the objects of devotion within the sanctuary were all designed to lead the Soul to God; but, in reality, meeting God face to face is not dependent upon worship in a particular place or upon adherence to a prescribed ritual. The rites practiced are but the outer symbols of an inner search for God, and each symbol has its own deep meaning and significance. An illustration of this search for God, and one replete with symbology, is the worship in the tabernacle of the Lord as described in minutest detail in the Old Testament. The Hebrew temple or tabernacle was in the shape of a parallelogram, with its sides facing north and south, and its ends east and west. It consisted of three parts: the outer court; the holy place; and the Holy of Holies. The court was open to all for worship. In this outer courtyard was found a burning brazier, which was a great brazen altar, located near the entrance, into which offerings, voluntarily brought by the people, were burned. Between the brazier and the door of the temple stood a laver, constructed of brass, where the priests of the temple washed their hands and feet, preparatory to offering sacrifices or before entering the temple. The holy place was accessible only to the príests. On the north side of it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XIV, The Tabernacle of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:30- 93K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXI, The Spirit of the Lord God Hath Anointed Me
- CHAPTER XXI "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD GOD . . . HATH ANOINTED ME" Once the mystical realm has been touched, we live in a world where things happen that never happen in the human realm. It was in this realm that Jesus was living at the time of the Transfiguration, and it was through his conscious oneness with the Father that he was able to show Moses and Elias to the disciples, thereby proving to them that these prophets had never died. In the mystical realm there is no past, present, or future: there is only now. The form that we think of as our body is not externalized reality, nor is it outside of our being: it is a mental concept or image in thought. The spiritual form as which we exist today is the same form as which we existed yesterday, and it is the form as which we will exist forever. The I of us and of all God-substance are one and the same, and even the body is made of that same pure substance. I is incorporeal and spiritual; I has form, but it is not a dense form: it has no thickness and it has no weight. It is really a "light" form. To begin to perceive this is to understand that our present existence is of the same spiritual nature as our pre-existence was and as our future existences will be. As we unfold spiritually, we are no longer quite as aware of physical form as we were before. Instead of noticing the physical appearance of a person we meet, we quickly look into his eyes because behind those eyes sits the I. We have learned by now that a person can never be found in any part of his body: in his feet, legs, torso, or even in his brain. It is in meeting the eyes that we meet the person. The further we go in spiritual development, the less awareness we have of, and the less importance do we impute to, outlined physical form. We begin to perceive other forms of beauty, real beauty, intelligence, even love and life shining out of a person's eyes, or around his lips. We hear something in his voice and catch glimpses of something deep within him. As our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Lord God Hath Anointed Me.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 15, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 15 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE, we are not here to have a good time; we are not here just to sit back and listen to a lecture on truth or to listen to a talk on truth. This is really classwork. This is really where you are supposed to go out knowing all that is to be known about the subject. I asked you, when we began, to release me from a sense of time and you have, so if it is necessary to stay here, that is all right with me. I want you to know that, so when we are through you do not feel that you are leaving with a lot of unanswered questions. There will be some unanswered questions in your thought and that is natural, because most of the answers are going to come to you in the weeks to come through your meditation. One of the things that you will learn here is that answers come through meditation. You can take almost anything you want into meditation and get the answer. You see, we know absolutely nothing about the meaning of the word God or Christ or truth or light or grace. What little we know we have read in dictionaries and books that men have written, and are merely faint tracings of tremendously deep subjects. Now, the individual who has had an unfoldment or revelation on some spiritual truth may be said to know that spiritual truth-at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment or demonstration. But, when that individual comes to tell you about it, it is very apt to be secondhand except in some moments of our illumined consciousness when his impartation might reveal quite a bit to you. But to be on the safe side, let us assume for this moment that we know little or nothing about the Christ. Of course we know this much, that the Christ isn't a man. We know that the Christ isn't an historical figure; we know that the Christ wasn't born at a particular time or in a particular country or of a particular nation. We know that before Abraham was, the Christ is-and we know that even unto the end of the world, the Christ will be. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 15 Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 15, 1964, Into the Mystical Consciousness
- INTO THE MYSTICAL CONSCIOUSNESS February 15, 1964 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. Our 1963 work was to make the transition from metaphysical consciousness to mystical consciousness, and as you study the four tapes of the 1964 Honolulu Series and the papers so far, you will discover that we have been consciously making that transition and should either have made it by now or be right on the verge of attaining. There is one final step you can take that will help you complete your realization, and that is this: Look out of this window and select a tree or a group of trees, and behold that there is a law of life functioning in that tree-from the roots out to the fruit on the branches. Take it very slowly. Look down into the roots beneath the soil and you will soon agree that the roots are drawing unto themselves from the surrounding earth, food which has been formed of the rain that has fallen, sunshine, fertilization, and that out of these surroundings is sent up into the trunk of the tree and out into the branches all that is necessary, not only for the sustenance of the tree, but for the forming of the leaves, the blossoms, and the fruit. All of this is possible, not by virtue of the roots or the surrounding earth, but by virtue of an invisible life force acting in and through the tree or upon it, producing the effects that are probably visible through a high-powered glass. The miracle of this exercise is that you have been a beholder, but in no way have you had any part in what you beheld. You did not bring it about, you did not start it into action, you merely beheld, and by your beholding came into the awareness of that which has been taking place out there in those trees before we even came into this room. What is the miracle? You do not set God at work or to work; you do not bring the power of God into any situation. God was there before you, because of omnipresence. It makes no difference if you had a wrong thought this morning or if you committed a wrong deed ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 14, 1963, Removing the Veil
- REMOVING THE VEIL July 14, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Almost everybody comes to the study of The Infinite Way for the "loaves and fishes." Only rarely does anyone come to learn the truth of life; but sooner or later those who remain in this message are forced into making a decision: "Choose ye this day whom ye will serve," God or demonstration-seeking God or seeking through God to get more and better human good. As we seek and discover the kingdom of God, things are "added unto us" on the spiritual path, but by then we are no longer interested in the things. We learn that Moses put a veil on truth and Jesus Christ removed it; but remember if Moses placed a veil on truth it must have been unveiled when it came into his possession or awareness, and of course it was. Truth had been revealed in Egypt, and because of this Egypt knew centuries of great prosperity and experienced the discovery of great natural laws. Moses received his earliest training in Egypt and, while he did not receive truth there, eventually he was turned in the right direction so that truth could be revealed to him at the right moment. Because it was revealed, it enabled him to be the means through which the Hebrews were taken out of slavery and brought into the promised land. He veiled the truth from the people, perhaps because of some early experience in trying to reveal it, or because his Egyptian training had convinced him that truth should be veiled. Many Hebrew prophets between Moses and Jesus discovered the truth, but there is no known record of any of them, with the possible exception of Isaiah, making an effort to reveal to the people the secret. Jesus removed the veil and he was crucified for it. Authority, whether in the church or in the government, did not rest well if the people knew the truth. That condition does not exist at the present time; the church today is as eager to know the truth as the people are. It is very much aware that at the moment it has not found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...14, 1963, Removing the Veil.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 13, Know Thy Self
- CHAPTER 13 Know Thy Self WE HAVE concluded that the measure of Christ that is raised up in an individual is the measure of Christ loosed in consciousness to raise up others. Then if you have been lifted up by so much as a particle of spiritual light, you are carrying that particle out into the world. This means that any degree of sin, disease, lack, or limitation that touches your consciousness immediately starts to be dissolved, and others get healings. But I am afraid to tell you that it also means that anyone who comes into the orbit of your experience clinging to the desire to do evil is apt to find themselves getting ready for a funeral, because coming into contact with the Christ of your consciousness will do to them what it did unto Judas Iscariot. If Judas will not let go of his evil, he will be carried off with his evil. We have on earth-and I can testify to this, since I travel the entire earth- hundreds of thousands of people (and we come in contact with tens of thousands of them) who are desirous of losing not only their diseases but their sins, their false appetites, their resentments, their jealousies, their envying, their malice, their lust, their greed. And because of Christ loosed in consciousness, they are finding healing. Also, there are those in all parts of the world who still believe that it is perfectly all right to live by the sword. They do not know that in this age, they are going to hit up against the Christ and die by the sword. They do not realize that the weapon that they use against humanity is the weapon that will cut them down, and not in the far future but in the very near present. As we have already noted, there was a time when man's inhumanity to man could make men rich and powerful; but that time has passed, that time is gone. There is a sufficient amount of the Christ loosed in human consciousness, that as evil hits up against that Christ, the evil is destroyed and the individual is set free. Again: only where the individual is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 13, Know Thy Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XVI, Is
- CHAPTER XVI IS The basis of all spiritual teaching is that spiritual consciousness evolves in what is called "time." We may wonder why time enters into that which is eternity and which knows no such thing as time, but the element of time is involved because spiritual evolution is the unfolding of consciousness, which to our sense appears as time. However, there is a definite moment in time and space when each one of us makes the transition from law to grace. Up to that point, we are students of truth, seekers after God; and through our study and good works, we hope and expect to improve our human situation. The Hindus liken this process of spiritual evolution to the peeling away of the skins of an onion. The peeling away of one layer of skin is barely perceptible, but by the time ten or fifteen layers have been removed, a definite change is noticeable. As the skins are removed, layer by layer, eventually a place is reached where there are no more onion skins: There is only nothingness; the onion is no more. And so it is that human beings are born into this world, bringing with them numbers of layers of material sense to which they continually add, building up the onion-self, skin by skin, until they begin the return journey to the Father's house. When that spiritual impulse is felt, then we begin to study and meditate, always with the goal that one day we may actually feel God within us, realize the Presence, be touched by Him, and come to live under grace in that state of consciousness in which there is no longer any law-no longer a law of good and evil, no longer a law of cause and effect, no longer a law of punishment and reward: There is only a state of grace-and at a certain moment in our experience, it happens. Such an experience takes place in time. It may happen at ten o'clock in the morning, at midnight, or in the silence of the early morning hours, but at some time or other it does take place, and we feel that inner impulsion and know that we have felt it. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Healing_ Chapter XVI, Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IX, This Is a Spiritual Universe
- CHAPTER IX THIS IS A SPIRITUAL UNIVERSE Several years ago when I was on my way to South Africa, I stopped off for a day in the Belgian Congo, and after the man in charge of the bookings and his assistant had taken care of all my tickets, made whatever examinations were necessary, and weighed my luggage, I called a little native boy to carry my three bags out to the plane which I was boarding for Johannesburg. This was such a small air station that I could see the boy as he walked out of the gate onto the field with one large piece of baggage in each hand and a small piece under his arm. A few minutes later he returned without any baggage and I said to him questioningly, "O.K.?" to which he replied, "O.K." When I arrived in Johannesburg the next morning, there was only the one tiny little piece of baggage waiting for me, and the other two large pieces were missing. Immediately, the personnel of this tremendously big and active airport at Johannesburg began searching for my baggage, but they did not find it in the enclosure nor was it with the crew's baggage; and furthermore when they sent someone to search the plane, there was no baggage there, either. The person in charge of the airline said that he would immediately contact the station in the Belgian Congo and would soon have an answer for me, so there was nothing for me to do but go to my hotel. The Infinite Way students in Johannesburg had arranged for me to visit Krueger National Park, so after buying some necessary clothing, we started out on our three-day trek through this fabulous wild-animal preserve with the full expectation of picking up my baggage when we returned. But upon our return no baggage had as yet been found. The only explanation the airline had to offer was that somebody must have stolen it, and that that somebody must have been the little native boy and a confederate because the last time the bags were seen was when he had picked them up and carried them out onto the field. The absurdity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his Is a Spiritual Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 10, Incorporeality God Man Universe
- ~ 10 ~ INCORPOREALITY: GOD, MAN, AND UNIVERSE A person can rise to mystical consciousness only by the straight and narrow path, a path which has been known to every mystic throughout all the ages. It has been taught so many times that by now you might think we would all be established in the mystical consciousness. The truth is that the interest of the world has never yet been in attaining mystical consciousness, but only in attaining the fruits of it, what the Master called "the loaves and fishes." The world has always wanted peace, but not that which will produce peace. The world has always wanted prosperity, but not that which produces prosperity. That it wants to avoid. It wants health, but not that which will produce health. The world has been taught to pray, not for what would give peace, prosperity, and health, but for the peace, prosperity, and health themselves. There is no way to attain these through prayer. Every prayer, therefore, whether it has been a Hebrew prayer, a Christian, Hindu, Vedantic, or any other kind of prayer, has failed because it has been directed toward getting "loaves and fishes," the "things," instead of that which produces the things. Attain the Fabric, and the Form Follows All creation comes forth from a source, and if you have the source you can have the creation. But there is no way to get the creation separate and apart from the source of the creation. It is as if you set your mind on having a desk, and someone said to you, "But you must have a piece of wood before you can make a desk." "Oh, do not bother me with that; do not bother me with that! I want a desk." "I know, but-" "I want a desk." "But there is no such thing as a desk until you have the wood!" So, if you want a desk, you will have to go and get yourself a great big tree and then you can have, not only the desk, but you can have a chair, too, and you can have shelves. In other words, you must have the wood before you can have a desk, but just as many persons try to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rporeality God Man Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 10, Let the Tares and the Wheat Grow Together
- ... Your problems exist only in the same way that the mirage exists on the desert, as a misperception of what actually is. "I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." 10 You are not told that when you awaken you will heal anybody, but that you will see Him as He is, and that is perfect, perfect now. The way to prove this and to pray in such a way as to honor God is to know that His kingdom is come on earth, as it is in heaven. His kingdom is established on earth, not will be in the future. God would not be God if He had a kingdom and kept it away from this earth now, and then was going to restore it later. God could not be God if God knew any harmony in the future tense. The only way God can be God is for His kingdom to be established where He is and when He is: now. Instantaneous Healing, the Fruitage of Nowness If you hearken well, you will also learn that in the kingdom of God there is neither time nor space. That is what makes instantaneous healing possible; that is what makes instantaneous reformation possible; that is what makes instantaneous forgiveness possible. There is no such thing as waiting in hell until your sins have been washed out; there is no such thing as waiting until you become pure; there is no such thing as waiting somewhere for something to happen, for that would take away from the instantaneity of God. That would take away from the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Anything that has to do with a future tense would degrade our sense of God, for God cannot be God except now, and this now must be infinite, this now must be the omnipresence of God, nothing less and nothing else. You honor God only in your realization of a timeless and ageless God. For this, you find authority in Scripture in such passages as "Thou art the same" 11 yesterday, today and forever. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 12 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." 13 None of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and the Wheat Grow Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 126K
Find Similar Documents