The Mystical I: Chapter Eleven, An Act of Worship and the Fruitage
- ... Fortunately, we can correct this at any time by withdrawing the personal sense of self that loves, hates, or fears, and by becoming beholders as we stand in the presence of the Spirit, the I that is within us. This absolves us from all our previous mistakes and the penalties thereof. FORGIVENESS COMES WHEN THE I DISSOLVES PERSONAL SENSE There is no use in asking for forgiveness for our mistakes because there is this ... Our spiritual integrity is just shining, and sooner or later that dross will evaporate, and the I which we are will not know that there ever was a personal sense of I to be forgiven. There is no use saying, "Please forgive me," because as long as there is a "me" to ask forgiveness, there is no forgiveness, but when there is a longing heart leaning toward forgiveness, this is that right motive that is the purification process. We honor God and we honor our spiritual integrity when, instead of asking for forgiveness or favors, we approach God with the finger on the ... On the other hand, he could not tolerate anyone calling him good, knowing as he did the source of that good, and certainly Jesus would have been just as rebellious had anyone commented on his great miracle works in multiplying loaves and fishes, for he well knew that no man is a miracle worker. FORGIVENESS COMES IN A MOMENT OF ... again on Monday, still carrying with them their lack of charity, their lack of benevolence, their lack of forgiveness, or their lack of brotherliness. How could they then be purified? The Hebrews taught, and still do, that on one day a year, by observing the rituals and rites of that day, they are forgiven. But this is impossible. No one is forgiven that which he has in his consciousness which is unlike God. It cannot be forgiven: it has to be forsaken. When it is forsaken, it does not exist and does not have to be forgiven. Therefore the only forgiveness is when the transcendent Spirit enters and purifies us, and that need not be on a certain day of the year. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Worship and the Fruitage.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Love
- ... We close the door on Love in that way when we pray ONLY for Mother or Father or child or friend or relative. When we learn to pray for our enemy as we are taught to do in the Master's teachings, when we learn to pray the prayer of forgiveness for all those who offend us, we then find Love coming to us through unexpected avenues and channels. We, ourselves, limit the amount of Love that ordinarily would be flowing freely to us because we limit it, first of all, to man, and secondly, only to those men and women who comprise our friendly circle. When we go further afield, when we look not only to friends but even to foes for our Love, through the prayer of forgiveness, we widen that circle, and even more so as we realize God is the fount of ALL Love . . . God is the SOURCE of ALL Love. Therefore, it is to God and ONLY to God that we look for Love. This ... Once we lift our gaze above the human avenues and channels of supply and realize GOD as the source of Love and, therefore, as the source of supply, we begin to open the way for Love to come to us from many new sources. FORGIVENESS WE HAVE LOOKED to man for forgiveness for our offenses, our trespasses, our sins. Often, through acts of commission or omission, we have been unloving, unjust, unkind; and sometimes, if possible, we look to those whom we have offended for forgiveness. In many instances, they have gone so far out of our experience that we have no way of reaching them in order to seek their forgiveness. Actually, there is no need of our seeking forgiveness of any man. It is well that we apologize, if we have offended. It is well if we ask forgiveness. It is not important whether or not we receive it. The important point is that we look to GOD for forgiveness . . . NOT to man. As long as we look to God for forgiveness, we will be released through man. Therein lies the miracle . . . that even those who, to human sense, would withhold forgiveness, can no longer withhold it when we have sought it in God. LOVE IS ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ays of Joel Goldsmith_ Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 24, 1963, Hidden Manna-The Real Infinite Way
- HIDDEN MANNA-THE REAL INFINITE WAY August 24, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. It is very noticeable that far too many students do not know what makes The Infinite Way, or why there is an Infinite Way message. If our students knew the answer, their progress would be very rapid; but, because they do not catch this major point, they struggle for years not knowing where they are going or why. That which started me on the spiritual path and which ultimately led to The Infinite Way, was the realization that there is no God in the human world or in any religious teaching as such. There is no God answering the prayers of people. For this reason, and for this reason only, there can be a world filled with all the things you can think of which constitute horrible world conditions. None of this would be if there were a God in the world. In the presence of light there is no darkness. You cannot have the presence of the Christ and have a sin or a death or a lack or man's inhumanity to man. Eventually it was revealed to me that you cannot reach God through the mind, and that is why prayers as such are worthless except as one's blind faith might make of them a little power-just as it is possible to give a little sugar pill and stop pain. In this realization you must remember that this makes any religion or any religious teaching in and of itself nothing more nor less than a philosophy. The only thing that can make a religion a religion is something that brings the actual presence and power of God into concrete manifestation, and it is for this reason that we say The Infinite Way is not so much a teaching as an experience. There are spiritual principles, but these do not constitute The Infinite Way. These are but stepping stones or bridges over which you walk. You have not reached the goal of The Infinite Way until you have the actual realized presence of God or activity of the Christ. It is for this reason that we cannot have outlined or formalized prayers or treatments. They ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...anna--The Real Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 22, 1964, The Bread You Cast Upon the Waters
- THE BREAD YOU CAST ON THE WATERS March 22, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST revelations of The Infinite Way is this: No amount of truth can benefit you, no matter how profound it is. You are benefitted only by your realization and your utilization of truth. Truth will not set you free. "Ye shall know the truth," and this means know. In the same way, every effort you make towards acquiring truth brings truth nearer home to you. I try to tell students not to depend on my books and not to depend on my tapes, because in and of themselves they have no effect. I have seen this happen in the lives of thousands of people who have read the books and heard the tapes. On the other hand, with hundreds of students I have witnessed a wonderful effect. What is the difference? Do you practice it? I know of people who receive gifts of books and write to me and say: "I have read your book and it is beautiful!" The effort you put into acquiring truth determines what you will get from it. "The bread you cast on the waters is the bread that will return unto you." 1 I never want to see an Infinite Way student turned away for lack of money, but neither do I want to see students continued in charity, because it will not demonstrate the principle of The Infinite Way. The Infinite Way is very clear that the secret of supply is giving, and I am not talking only about money. You do not get from The Infinite Way what you do not give. In our capitalistic days anyone could be successful by working hard enough, because life gives back what you put into it. In The Infinite Way I have witnessed so many people listening to lectures, reading books, going to classes, and accomplishing nothing. Why? Because they put nothing into it. I know that the whole secret of life is outpouring. This is true in any branch of life, whether you are studying an academic subject or whether you are studying a spiritual subject. Throughout my Infinite Way experience I have tried to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ad You Cast Upon the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 6, The Armor of Oneness
- CHAPTER 6 THE ARMOR OF ONENESS The foundation of all Truth teachings-whether it is Christian Science, Unity, New Thought, or The Infinite Way-is that we live and move and have our being in God. All of them agree on that point. Some orthodox traditions may teach that we will live in God at some future time, but Truth movements agree that now we are the children of God, now we are in the secret place of the Most High, now we live and move and have our being in God. But Truth teachings (whether organized or unorganized) cannot make us live as if we were living and moving and having our being in God; they can do something for us only in the proportion that we permit it. I would like to tell you about a minister and his wife, both of them very serious Truth students, whom I met in London. In World War II during the German blitz of London, those who could were building bomb shelters in their gardens. But these two people had dedicated their lives to the understanding that they lived in God and that their lives took place in the secret place of the Most High; therefore, how could any form of discord or inharmony come nigh their dwelling place? They decided to have nothing to do with bomb shelters, but to serve as fire wardens in their neighborhood during actual bombings. Their neighborhood, situated between the largest London airport and a major railway, was constantly bombarded. Not a single night went by that their section of the city was not bombed. The airport and railway were often severely damaged and each time had to be repaired so that the railroad and air force could resume operations. The bomb shelter of one of their neighbors received a direct hit, and the whole family was wiped out. Through out this entire time, the minister and his wife were never even scratched and not a window of their home was blown out! To human sense, this was indeed one of the miracles of the war. But to this couple, it was the most natural thing in the world because they lived in God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, The Armor of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 1, The Inner Kingdom
- In fact, it must be expected that it be difficult because we are embarking on an almost impossible task, that is, unless our determination is such that we are willing to put up with the difficulties inevitably to be encountered in the beginning. Forgiveness and Salvation Now In the years devoted to this work, I have noted some things that are helpful to students and that make these first months ... The woman taken in adultery and forgiven by the Master had to accept her forgiveness now and stop living in the past. The thief on the cross had to accept his salvation now and forget those things that were behind. So must we, regardless of the nature or the degree of our materialistic living, sickly, sinful, or poverty-stricken living. There comes a time when we bid it goodbye and start over with the word now, and let now mark the beginning of our new birth. Dropping the Burdens of the Past Now, here where I am, God is. Now God is; now God is closer than breathing; now the Father is saying, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine."3 In this moment of silent receptivity, the Father says, "Drop your burdens, let Me carry the load. Let Me give you forgiveness, let Me be the ... But we take no thought for the love flowing back to us; we let it flow as one of the added things. We live in a continuous state of now expressing love. The love that we express today must become a continuing experience, a love that we express through forgiveness, understanding, sharing. Every opportunity to express love that is presented to us we must accept, and not ask, "Where is it going to ... All is within me: the bread, the meat, the wine of life. It takes a few months, even years, to break this attachment to the outer world, to break the belief that we are dependent on man for justice, for loans, for forgiveness, or for our support, but we can do it if we can remember the word now: Now I and the Father are one. Now do I draw upon the kingdom of God within me. Now do I seek living ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, The Inner Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 9, Meditation on Nonpower
- Chapter Nine Meditation on Nonpower The normal, natural thing for human beings to do is to think of the way in which they would like good to unfold, but this often proves to be a barrier to receiving their good. Whenever possible, a person must stop thinking in terms of some form of good and return to the idea of omnipresence. One way in which it is possible to turn away from seeking forms of good is to close your eyes and notice that there is a black void in front of you, an emptiness. Begin to realize that right there in that black emptiness is the presence of God. I am looking into this immense space which is filled with God. The kingdom of God is within me, and I am opening out a way for the glory of that kingdom to escape. But the space which you see with your eyes closed may not always be a black space. Sometimes it is a bright light; sometimes colors come into it. It really makes no difference, however, whether it is a white light, a rainbow of colors, or a deep black. You are looking into it with closed eyes and realizing that it is the infinity of God within you and without, filling all space. The infinity of my good is here within. The infinite substance, law, life, and activity of my good are here where I am. Out of this silent Infinite Invisible, my good appears each day, each hour of each day, in whatever form may be necessary. I do not know what my good should be an hour from now. I do not know where it should take place; I do not know what form my good should assume; but I do know that right here where I am, right here in this great silence in which I am, my good is. Just as the Spirit is working silently all night to bring daylight in the morning, just as this great Silence is working invisibly to bring forth leaves and buds and blossoms on the trees, so this Light, Life, or Presence is working silently to bring forth my good. I am contemplating God in the midst of me, keeping my mind stayed on God, on this all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Meditation on Nonpower.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 9, Metaphysics and Mysticism - The Infinite Way Path
- ~ 9 ~ METAPHYSICS AND MYSTICISM: THE INFINITE WAY PATH Many of you who have been in class work with me know that at no time in my life did I dream of there being such a work as the message of the Infinite Way or that I would ever be connected in any way with a spiritual teaching. My work was in the business world, and while I was never interested in any organized religion, I did have that longing to know what made the wheels of truth go 'round, especially after I began traveling in Europe in 1909. There, for the first time, I was awakened to man's inhumanity to man: I was awakened to the fights, the discords, the inharmonies that take place, and to the dens of iniquity that existed. I didn't know they existed in the United States too, but I learned later we also had our own San Francisco and New Orleans, and these things puzzled me because there were so many religions that claimed there is a God. So it was, I turned my attention to learning more about God. My only purpose was to find out for myself what lies behind this world, so I asked why this thing called God, or man called God, or whatever this being is, wasn't doing something about the sins of the world, the wars, the discords, the causes of strife. I was only a youngster in New York when the first ladies' ready-to-wear strike took place where men and women were killed, beaten up, and injured in the name of business. I remember when the steel workers in Pennsylvania were striking for a dollar-and-a-half a day and the militia was called out to shoot them down. I wondered about these things. I was in London in 1909 when the German and English fleets were lined up against each other in the North Sea, the World War ready to start. It was man's inhumanity to man that brought me to the search for truth but with no other object or motive than to learn for myself why, if there truly were a God he would permit this inhumanity. Many years later, when my first religious experience took place, it brought with it the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism - The Infinite Way Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 11, Unconditioning the Mind
- Chapter Eleven Unconditioning the Mind From the moment of its birth, a child's mind is being conditioned by some of its parents' beliefs. Much of what parents teach their children is fictitious and false, because the parents are merely passing on to the children the fiction they themselves have accepted as fact. It is much the same as the way many of us were taught about Santa Claus and accepted it, and our minds were, therefore, conditioned to the belief in Santa Claus. So, too, many of us have had concepts of God handed on to us which were almost as erroneous as the pagan concepts that were taught five thousand years ago. But we believed them, and our minds became conditioned to such concepts. We have picked up political, religious, and economic convictions. From the moment of conception on, we have been conditioned to accept beliefs and theories that have absolutely no truth in them, with the result that most persons go through life limited by many of these convictions. Unconditioning the Mind, Not a Psychological but a Spiritual Activity When we live out from a conditioned mind and insist on holding to its concepts, we have no way at all of providing an entrance for the spiritual presence, or the Christ. Only as we begin the unconditioning process can we eventually arrive at that "mind. . . which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 We have to watch out that we do not approach this unconditioning process from a psychological standpoint, for then we would try to search out all the untruths we know, get rid of them, and substitute for them something that we consider to be truth. That way we could be conditioning ourselves with more fiction, because intellectually there is absolutely no way of knowing what is truth. When we approach this subject from a spiritual standpoint, we do not try to discover which of our beliefs or thoughts are truth and which are not, but rather we accept the principle that spiritual truth is within ourselves and, as we learn to go within, this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Unconditioning the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 128K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter V, Sowing and Reaping
- CHAPTER V SOWING AND REAPING Most people of the world believe that the evils they experience have come upon them because of their sins of omission or commission. Essentially this is true. But because they also believe that God has inflicted these evils upon them as a punishment, they have been cheated of the opportunity of avoiding them in the future. As long as they believe that God, for any reason whatsoever, would sink a ship, let an airplane fall, or permit children or adults to be mangled, lost, drowned, or suffer disease, they cheat themselves of the opportunity of learning why these ills have come upon them, and what they can do to prevent them from touching their households. The sun, the moon, and the stars were certainly not given by God to the people of the earth as a reward for anything, nor were the silver and the gold, the platinum and the diamonds, the rubies and the sapphires in the bowels of the earth, nor the pearls and the immeasurable riches in the sea. All these are but the natural order of creation appearing in wondrous ways, but never given as a reward from God, nor withheld as a punishment. The real nature of God is to express Himself, to express His qualities, character, and nature as a harmonious universe. If we could but see this world without people, we might better be able to understand that it is a perfect creation of God, functioning harmoniously and operating continuously. Whatever problems arise, arise not from the world as such but from man himself. Acknowledging, then, that God is the creator of this universe, the maintainer and sustainer of it, and that God governs this universe perfectly, without any help, advice, or urging from man, we stop holding God responsible for our ills and turn within and ask ourselves, "What about error? What about evil? Whence come these, and how can we rid ourselves of them?" One of the first steps for anyone on the spiritual path is to learn that on the human level of life there is such a thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter V, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 125K
Find Similar Documents