Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Easter of Our Lives
- The Easter of Our Lives IT IS THE DAY of the Crucifixion, and the Master is seated by himself somewhat apart from the people in the courtyard. Outside the gates the crowd has gathered. These are the multitudes whom Jesus fed when they were an-hungered; these are the people whom he healed of their diseases, of their sins, and of their infirmities. Some of them he even raised from the dead. Now they have gathered to make sure that he is crucified. They have been lulled to forgetfulness of the good that they witnessed in his ministry, and evidently their ecclesiastical authorities have convinced them that Jesus meant to destroy their temple, their religion, even their God. The fact that they saw the healings and experienced them is forgotten in the cry, "Crucify him! Crucify him!" The Roman authorities are much concerned, because they have nothing against the man Jesus; they have nothing against his teaching; and they have no liking for the work of the day. This the Master understands. He knows that on one side are the representatives of the Roman law, who have no desire to perform their unpleasant task, while on the other side are the ungrateful people whom he has blessed. So he has a right to do a little thinking, and we have the right to look into his mind and to speculate as to what he is thinking. Could it be as he sits there waiting for the inevitable that he is saying to himself, "What a great spiritual victory has been given me! What a great revelation from on high, a revelation so great that I know that the words which I have spoken will never pass away. Some day men will remember them and repeat them, and these words will lift those who hear out of the grave of sin, disease, and death. "What a wonderful light God has given me! What grace I have received from on high that I should know the meaning of all things, past, present, and future. With this great light I have brought healing, consolation, and comfort, not only to those of my present age, but even ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...th_ The Easter of Our Lives.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Secret of the Twenty-Third Psalm
- The Secret of the Twenty-Third Psalm MEDITATION ON PRAYER IT IS THROUGH our understanding of prayer that we are able to bring the activity of the Kingdom of God, Harmony, Wholeness, into our individual experience. If prayer, as it is generally understood, were really prayer, the world would be free of sin, disease, death, wars, famine, drought . . . all of these things would have disappeared from the earth in the thousands of years that the subject of prayer has been taught. Scripture tells us that if we pray and do not receive an answer, it is because we have been praying amiss and, if we judge by that, the world has been praying amiss for some thousands of years. The question is whether or not we know any more about prayer now. Our progress in developing a clearer understanding of prayer has been rather slow, and up to the present time it is primarily an advance in the understanding of prayer as it touches upon our individual problems. The great problem of bringing peace on earth . . . good will to men . . . is still not solved. So it becomes our work to devote as much time as possible to the study of the subject of prayer . . . to meditation upon that subject . . . until we come into higher and higher concepts of prayer. We will know whether or not we are doing that by the results in our experience. If we are touching a higher note in prayer, we will have better health, better wealth . . . more of it . . . and a greater degree of harmony in all of our experience. All too often, prayer consists, to too great a degree, of words, statements, quotations . . . whereas prayer, itself, actually is wordless. Prayer has NOTHING to do with anything that we voice . . . whether in the form of a petition, affirmation, denial or any other form of speech or thought. Rather, prayer is that which we become aware of IN THE SILENCE . . . the Word of God uttering Itself within our consciousness. In other words, we do not pray unless prayer can be understood as a STATE of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t of the Twenty-Third Psalm.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 146K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 2, Teacher & Student
- ... It has nothing to do with today. Today our consciousness is unfolding and disclosing itself in every new way, in every new form, and always increasing abundantly. This subject of God is an infinite one. We will come back to it over and over again, because it is the next most important part of our work. Without the knowledge of God, we would have no knowledge of the effect of God, which is our universe. I want to teach on living this Christ. In the Bible we have certain laws. We have known them mostly as quotations, without taking them seriously as something to be lived. But one of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for one's enemies. You may take that very seriously, because it is a proven law. The idea of forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being and remembering the terrible offense he committed against us and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. The virtue lies in the ability to see through the human to the divinity of his being, realizing that in the divinity of his being there has never been an occasion for error of any nature. It is as if he were asking us for help and we would have to behold him as he really is-a spiritual being. Without their asking for help, we are called on every day to look upon those toward whom we have any negative feeling, and develop this act of forgiveness, which means to turn to the Christ of our own being and there know that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal and all that appears as a mortal is the Christ itself, incorrectly seen. That ability to forgive is one of the greatest laws of the Bible. Praying for our enemies is the same idea. It does not mean we are to believe that the other fellow can shoot us first; it means the ability to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing to do with it at all. We are dealing with the reality of being. In Spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Teacher & Student.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 9, 1964, Christ Coming Into Ascendancy
- CHRIST COMING INTO ASCENDANCY February 9, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IT IS PRESUMED that Jesus was admitted to the Order of the Essenes shortly after he was twelve years of age, or probably in coming to manhood in the Hebrew faith at the age of thirteen, and he was graduated when he was thirty. In all of the wisdom schools a normal period of study would be from six to nine years. You may wonder at that and why it is that our students go through a week or two of classes and then expect to be graduated as ministers or healers. The secret of course, is that it is not the knowledge that you acquire in class that qualifies you for a title or an activity, but the material that is given to you in class is meant to be the substance that forms the new consciousness, that which enables you to die and be reborn. This is illustrated in tape number 4, side 1 of this 1964 Honolulu Series, in which we have had a different unfoldment each week leading up to this last one-and yet all of this is meant only as the substance with which we are to work to form the new consciousness. In the First Degree, which consists of the earliest years in your wisdom school, you are taught a reliance on God. In fact you are really taught that there is a God, and you are taught the nature of God and the nature of your reliance. Then you are taught a moral code such as the Ten Commandments. Through this study and practice you learn how to love your neighbor as yourself by being honest in your dealings, generous, loyal, faithful, benevolent, forgiving. It takes several years of practice before you can really say, "There is greater integrity in my human relationships, family relationships, business and community relationships. There is a greater sense of benevolence and mutual helpfulness." It takes time to bring yourself to the top of that First Degree. Of old there was a Second Degree, which we can eliminate today because we are living in a state of society that embraces the Second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rist Coming Into Ascendancy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 19, 1964, Communication of Oneness
- COMMUNICATION OF ONENESS January 19, 1964 THIS MORNING WE HAD tape number 2, Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center 1964, and the subject was "Spiritual Attainment Through Contemplation, Meditation, and Communion." When we reach the final lesson on that subject, we will reach a place that can only be attained by the preparation that takes place leading up to that final lesson. Without adequate preparation, the final lesson can never be demonstrated and the final lesson involves the word omniscience. This means an all-wisdom, all-knowledge, and of course includes omnipresence, so that we have a lesson which says: Because of omnipresence, omniscience is always functioning. You have to remember that when you meditate, pray, or treat (whichever way you are thinking) in The Infinite Way, you must start out with this realization: Since omnipresent omniscience or omniscient omnipresence already knows everything, you cannot inform Deity, you cannot tell God, you cannot ask anything of God, you cannot desire anything because you are always faced with omnipresent omniscience, the all-knowing. You have already trained yourself in this form of meditation, prayer, or treatment, so that regardless of the situation or the appearances, you can sit quietly listening until the still small voice utters itself, or the awareness of peace descends, or some other sign is given that "God is on the field." In our final lesson on this subject we cover a wider territory. How do animals communicate with each other? How do fish and birds communicate with each other? There has to be a communication between them. With some birds there is always a leader that goes before them, taking them to the north or taking them to the south. Surely birds have no way of knowing such things, so there must be a communication that puts them in their rightful place in line in the safari. Consider dogs and cats at play. There must be a communication that lets them know they are at play and are not out to kill each ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...4, Communication of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 2, Spiritual Discernment of the Bible
- Chapter Two Spiritual Discernment of the Bible The Bible, which is given to us as the word of spiritual wisdom, as revelations concerning the kingdom of God, must be spiritually discerned, but today even twenty centuries after the time of the Master, some religionists are still trying to interpret this hidden word of the kingdom literally, and, of course, are failing. There is a spiritual kingdom. There is also the son of God who spiritually discerns the nature of this kingdom, the things of God, the laws of God, and who knows how to live a God-centered life. This kingdom can never be entered with the human mind or human body. It must be spiritually discerned. If the kingdom of God were attained, if the things of God were understood, and if God were known aright, there would be none of the evils so evident on every hand: none of the sins, none of man's inhumanity to man, none of the diseases. All this would be wiped out in the understanding of God, because the understanding of God would leave no trace of sin or disease. Letting Go of the Man of Earth The statement, "My kingdom is not of this world," 1 sets forth very clearly that there is a difference between "My kingdom" and "this world." Later, Paul revealed that there are two men: There is the son of God, and there is "the natural man [who] receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 2 "The natural man" does not have the ability to discern spiritually. And so it is that we are living partly in the world of sense, "this world," and partly in the kingdom of God, but certainly those of us who are on the path are striving to "die" to our humanhood, to "the creature," 3 to "the natural man," in order that we may be reborn spiritually as children of God with spiritual discernment. To all sincere seekers, the question arises: Is there a way for us to drop the man of earth? Can we "die" to it? Can we be reborn of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Discernment of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 5, Putting Off the Old Man and Rebirth
- Chapter Five Putting Off the Old Man and Rebirth The purpose of a work such as the Infinite Way is to die to the "old man," 1 and to be reborn of the Spirit: not partially reborn, but wholly reborn, putting on a whole new consciousness, a whole new mind, that "mind. . . which was also in Christ Jesus." 2 In the practical working out of this, the realization of the fullness of this Christ- consciousness may not be attained in a moment. That is because the Christ- consciousness is not attained through the acquiring of knowledge, not even acquiring a knowledge of truth. A person could know all the truth that has ever been revealed in all the philosophies and all the mystical writings known to man and still not have one single touch of Christ-consciousness. The Vessel Must Be Emptied of Self It is not any degree of human wisdom or any degree of human goodness that we may attain that brings forth the Christ. In fact, it might be far easier for some deep- dyed sinner to attain the Christ than for some very good person. The sinner is often well aware of his unworthiness. In his attitude of being "one of the least of these," 3 and understanding his own inadequacy, he has so emptied himself that he is ready to be filled with the Christ; whereas, as a rule, if a person is living a fairly good human life, he is likely to get the idea, "Hmm! I am good; I deserve to have this blessing. I really have worked hard for it and I deserve it." It does not come that way; it comes by Grace, and that Grace can come only in proportion as a person is emptied so that there is no self left to be good. As long as a person has a trace of a belief that he is good, deserving, or worthy, in that degree he is setting up a barrier for the entrance of the Christ. The Christ does not come while a vessel is already full of self and of a human being's goodness. The Christ comes when a person is so emptied of self that he has renounced not only the evil but also the good and has thus made himself ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Off the Old Man and Rebirth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents