Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Supply
- Supply PART I THE SECRET OF SUPPLY is to be found in Luke12:22-32. "And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. "The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. "Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? "And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? "If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. "If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? "And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. "For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." The question now arises: how is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to GIVE you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the Spirit of Confidence in this inspired message of Scripture, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of Joel Goldsmith_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 105K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 3, Meditation, the Door to Fulfillment
- ... If you cheat, steal from, or defraud another, which is certainly sowing to the flesh, that is what must inevitably return to you. But if you sow to the Spirit, if you permit love, justice, mercy, benevolence, and forgiveness to flow out from you, you reap life everlasting. It is the karmic law of ancient scripture. The bread that you cast on the waters returns to you. That is why you have to be careful not to send forth stale bread. Had we accepted the teaching of Jesus Christ on this score literally, we would have known hundreds of years ago that we dig our own graves by our conduct, by the atmosphere we carry with us, and by our attitude to others. What you do to others is the measure that returns to you pressed down and running over. You can think of it this way: the I of me is the I of you. When I take money from my pocket and give it to you, it is just as if I took it out of my right-hand pocket and put it into my left-hand pocket. It is earmarked for return, and usually with interest. The forgiveness that I ... Work, Not for a Living, But for the Joy of Serving With this assurance we can go out into the world, thinking only of how well we can do the job, of how many ways we can serve and be useful, whether to our employer or the public, of how many ways we can bless. If we can do nothing else, we can bring with us the power of forgiveness, so that wherever we see sin, disease, or death, we do not condemn but forgive. If we can do nothing else in our work, we can be a benediction at every step, by realizing, "God is with you. Immanuel, peace be unto this household. Peace be unto this business office. Peace be unto this customer. Peace be unto this client." Since supply is spiritual, we can give everybody an infinity of supply: a supply of life, gratitude, forgiveness, commendation, and a supply of peace on earth. Because we are the sons of God, we are heirs of God, heirs to all the heavenly riches. That is why we do not work merely for a living but for the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on, the Door to Fulfillment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 5, The World Of Material Sense & The World Of Spiritual Discernment
- ~ 5 ~ THE WORLD OF MATERIAL SENSE AND THE WORLD OF SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT WHEN THE MASTER SAID, "My kingdom is not of this world,"1 he implied that there are two worlds. And yet the truth is that there is only one world. God made all that was made, and anything that God did not make was not made. Since God is Spirit, the only world is a spiritual world, and the only man is spiritual man. Then what did the Master mean when he said that his kingdom was not of this world? And what do we mean when we speak of the two worlds as taught in The Infinite Way? First of all, we mean that there is only one world, and it is spiritual. The other world is the materialistic concept that we entertain of the spiritual world; it is not really a world any more than the world of the insane is a real world. The world of the insane is a world lived within the mind, an imaginary world they have conceived. It has no external existence, any more than does the materialistic concept of world that we all accept have an existence separate and apart from mind. The proof of that is that through the development of spiritual discernment we are able to see the world as it is, to see the materialistic concept evaporate and in its place behold a world of harmony. The human being lives in a world of material sense, and this means that he measures life in terms of amounts, weights, and degrees. He ascribes power to germs: good power to some germs and evil power to others. He ascribes powers of good to some individuals and powers of evil to other individuals. He is always conferring power upon someone or something. His entire human experience is made up of a combination of good and evil; he gives power to all kinds of things external to himself. Practically everything good comes from someone else or something else, and practically everything evil comes from some other person or some other thing. He is either the beneficiary or the victim. Rarely does he acknowledge that he has dominion and live out from ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ld Of Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter VIII, The Rhythm of God
- ... Sometimes, when we are faced with frustrating or disturbing circumstances, we may wonder how we can praise God, but if we are awake in spiritual sonship, we can always find ways to acknowledge God. This continuous practice of the Presence, acknowledging God in all our ways, providing ample periods for sitting in the silence, and waiting for an inner feeling that the Spirit of God is moving, makes God the governing, maintaining, and sustaining principle of our entire experience. The real prayer of spiritual understanding is a prayer that God's gift of Himself may be given to us. Infinity is within us at this and at every moment: all spiritual wisdom, all divine grace, eternality, and immortality-all of these are embodied within us at this and at every single moment. Let us begin to show forth this infinity. How? Begin to pour. Search around in your spiritual house, your consciousness, and see if you cannot find some biblical passage, some mite of love to express to someone, or a few drops of forgiveness. Find something in your house. Begin to let the few drops of oil you find there flow silently, secretly, and sacredly. Keep them flowing, and as you do, be receptive to what is unfolded from within. Do not attempt to make up statements or thoughts. Wait patiently in a relaxed state of receptivity for them to come to you. Soon a second idea will be added to the original thought. Contemplate both of them. Dwell upon their meaning; dwell upon their possible effect in your life or in the life of another. As you ponder these two ideas, sometimes gently, sometimes explosively, a third thought comes, something which you had not thought about before. And where are these ideas coming from? From within you. Remember they have always been there, but now you are letting them out. Within that Withinness is the storehouse that is your individual storehouse, yet it is infinite because it is God. The kingdom of God is within you, and in meditation you are drawing on it. If there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter VIII, The Rhythm of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 104K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XI, For Love Is of God
- ... There is only one Person, since God is one and God is infinite. Just as there is only one life, the God-life, permeating our garden, even though that life may appear as twelve different species; so it is, that even though our friends and acquaintances may be numbered by the hundreds, there is only one life manifested in individual expression. We can never fear a person if we remember that God is one, that there is only One, and that that one Being is God. In that oneness, there can be no discord, inharmony, or injustice to anybody. Our sense of forgiveness is a realization that no one can harm us, because the grace of God maintains and sustains our relationship of oneness with the Father, under any and all circumstances. There is an invisible thread binding us all together: that thread is the Christ. If we are bound to one another by material ties of any nature, these ties soon become burdensome. Whether the tie be one of membership in an organization, some form of human obligation, or ... Then God fulfills Itself through us, as we fulfill our part, by bringing peace to individual consciousness. When we are consciously aware of our union with God, turning to the Father within as the source of all good, our relationship with one another is pure and completely free of any desire to get, to have, or to possess anything or anyone which someone else has. A spiritual relationship is a giving one, a sharing one, and a co-operative one. It is like giving gifts to our children, to husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, or friends: not for any return; not for any reason; not because they have earned or deserved them; but just for the joy of expressing love. When our relationship to one another is based, not on what we deserve or have earned from one another, but on what lies within our hearts to give or share with one another-not only money, but all the courtesies of life: co-operation; forgiveness; understanding; mutuality; trust; and helpfulness-then, and then only, will that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter XI, For Love Is of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1956, Transition From Law to Grace
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Transition from Law to Grace Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. . . . Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews II: I, 3 EVEN as Abraham, the father of the Hebrew race, journeyed long distances in time and space, not knowing whereto or why, so must we travel long distances in consciousness to arrive at a destined place where is found heaven-spiritual harmony, spiritual freedom, spiritual grace. We, as Infinite Way students, are pilgrims on that journey. All of us are seeking a life by grace, and in order to make any progress on this spiritual journey, we must understand the importance of faith in the unknown. As human beings, from the moment of conception until the moment of death, we are under the law of Moses, which is a karmic law. We are Under the laws of nature, of weather, climate, food, race, religion, creed, dogma. We are under the law of revenge-an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. These Mosaic and karmic laws are made up of both good and evil. We do not choose to come under the law -we are under the law simply by virtue of being born, and we remain under the law until we, individually, remove ourselves from it. There are no ministers, priests, or rabbis who can set aside the law of the Ten Commandments, the karmic law, or the laws of human nature. It is something each one must do for himself by an act of consciousness. It is something you must do as specifically as you must resist the various temptations that crowd your particular individual life-by an act of conscious will. If you are tempted to envy that which others possess, it is you who, by an act of consciousness, must determine to be satisfied with that which is received from God and to covet nothing that belongs to another. If the temptations were to come to steal, to lie, to commit adultery, you would have to reject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ransition From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 147K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 4, The Stature of Spiritual Manhood
- Chapter Four The Stature of Spiritual Manhood The original unfoldment or revelation given to me was that God is not in the human scene until God is admitted into our consciousness. In other words, all the evils that exist-individual, collective, national, and international-all these are possible because a human being as a branch of the Tree of Life is cut off and withers and dies. As human beings we are separate and apart from God. We are that "natural man"1 who knows not the things of God and cannot know them for they must be spiritually discerned. The things of God cannot be known with the mind; they cannot be known with the intellect; and this accounts for a great deal of the failure that many students experience in metaphysical work. Where there is failure, the reason is nearly always the same. It is not because of the particular message: it is that the individual is depending entirely on what he reads, on statements of truth and books, on hymns, or on church attendance, and none of these is God. None of these is spiritual power. The books, the teachers, and the churches, holy mountains, holy temples, and holy scriptures have their place, but they serve only as instruments whereby students develop the capacity of spiritual discernment. Spiritual Discernment Is Essential If the things of God could be known through the mind, everybody could read spiritual books and have access to God, but these do not provide that access. Access to God is attained only through spiritual discernment, and therefore, God does not enter your life or mine until we have developed some measure of spiritual discernment. True, just as the Master could heal, feed, and forgive, so today those of spiritual discernment can do some measure of healing work, some feeding and forgiving, and some breaking of bondage to karmic law. But that is only of temporary help. To be rid of one disease does not mean that a person will not have another one. To experience a demonstration of supply does not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tature of Spiritual Manhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 2, The Nature Of Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT IN MAN'S EARLY EXPERIENCE ON THIS EARTH, all his activities were on the physical level of life: farming, road building, fighting, fishing, and hunting; and he was living purely on the physical and emotional level. Gradually, however, the world groped toward an understanding of the mind and eventually discovered its potentialities, and along with the discovery and development of the mental realm, access to the cosmic realm was also found. That is why during the less than one hundred years just past such great strides have been made in invention, science, discovery, and knowledge. These discoveries in science and the new forms of art, literature, and music have come forth from the cosmic storehouse, and, as access is gained to that storehouse, the universal mind gives up its wisdom and reveals what men are seeking, whether a way to the North or South Pole, a way to fly in the air or to travel under water, or whether they are seeking new machinery for further automation. The entire nature of human living has been changed because we are no longer confined to what our ancestors knew. Now we have access to Infinity, and there is no limit to what can be achieved through our understanding of the truth that we can reach the universal storehouse of the laws of life: physical or material laws, mental laws, laws of nature, all those laws governing automobiles and airplanes, and laws governing new ways of raising crops. So we come to the age in which we will be able to live without limitation. When man recognizes that he has access to the entire cosmic realm, he will bring to light a whole new world, glimpses of which we have already seen in what has been accomplished in the last fifty years and which is only the beginning of a still greater era. THE FRUITAGE OF THE MIND, AN UNCERTAIN QUANTITY But while the world was progressing from the physical realm of life to the mental, the religious life of man remained in status quo. True, during ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure Of Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 10, Spiritual Living
- ~ 10 ~ SPIRITUAL LIVING ON THE SUBJECT OF SPIRITUAL LIVING-the spiritual way of life-you will note that one of the facets that goes all the way through the subject of spiritual living is spiritual law. You cannot get away from spiritual law. First, however, a few words about spiritual living, or the spiritual way of life. It is not a way of life that will separate you from your present experience; it will not take you out of your present activity except as you progress. It may lift you up into the practice, teaching and lecturing on spiritual subjects, but be assured it will not lift you out of your life; merely will it enhance the beauties, the safety and the security of the life you now are living. Jesus taught-and it is on his teaching that all of this is based-that you were not to leave this world, that you were to be in the world but not of it. You are to be in the world and enjoy liberty, freedom, happiness, contentment, peace, joy, dominion. He did not say anything about going out into the wilderness and becoming an ascetic. He did not teach going apart from the world and living in the universe of our private thinking. Rather, he increased the very loaves and fishes that the people were accustomed to eating. He brought forth gold from out of the fish's mouth; the same gold that was used as currency in those days. So is it with the spiritual way of living. It is not meant that you should live in poverty, but rather that you should live in the infinite abundance-and no limit to that, either, except the limit of your own ability to accept it! There is no sin in money, no sin in wealth; the sin is in the love or hate of it. That is the only sin that has to do with money. So it is right for us to be wealthy. It is also right for us to be healthy, although mere physical health will not bring us immortality. No matter how healthy your body is according to medical standards, you have no assurance of that health tomorrow or at sixty or seventy or eighty years of age. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 10, Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents