The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VI, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- CHAPTER VI DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Treatment is a technique employed to lift consciousness to such an elevation that a contact with God is established which permits spiritual power to flow into human activity. It is a recognition of spiritual truth, the purpose of which is to reveal an already existing state of divine harmony. This realization on the part of the person giving the treatment reveals the spiritual identity of the one who has asked for healing so that he can be seen as he spiritually is in God's image and likeness. As has been pointed out, anyone who practices spiritual healing must rise above the level of appearances-above the discords of corporeal sense, of personal sense-to a higher plane of consciousness where there is no person to be healed and where there is room only for the Spirit of God. Treatment is necessary only because a belief of humanhood has become ingrained in individual consciousness. This humanhood, or personal sense, cannot be overcome by trying to be good or by trying to think good thoughts, because any such attempt would merely be a shift from bad humanhood to good humanhood. Such a shift is, of course, desirable humanly, and naturally nearly everybody in the human picture comes eventually to see that human good is better than human evil and desires to be good rather than evil. That, however, is not spiritual demonstration, but only a step forward in human evolution. Real spiritual progress begins when a person is no longer preoccupied with either human good or evil, health or disease, wealth or poverty, but is able to penetrate beyond these to the Christhood which is his spiritual identity. Through such spiritual vision, that which has heretofore been identified as error, or evil, normally and naturally disappears because it is no part of spiritual consciousness. Jesus demonstrated this spiritual consciousness again and again. Although he spoke to his followers in terms of their experience-"Martha, thou art . . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 13, Solving Individual Problems
- ~ 13 ~ SOLVING INDIVIDUAL PROBLEMS WITHOUT A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, and there is no spiritual life. Throughout the ages, the worship of God as something or someone far-off and the worship of a God who must be appealed to, petitioned, or told our needs has prevented us from experiencing the presence and power of God. Today, we have made a real advance spiritually because we are beginning to understand that God is divine consciousness, life eternal, and even more than this, that God is the life and the consciousness of individual you and me. God is not only principle, Soul, or consciousness, but the consciousness and Soul of each and every one of us, the very Spirit, animating principle, and law of our being. Unless a person clearly perceives the truth of Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 he will not understand why and how it is that all that the Father has is his. The longer we perpetuate God as something separate and apart from ourselves, the longer will we be seeking to get our allness from a God somewhere outside of us. In proportion, however, as we realize that God is closer to us than breathing, and that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you 2 . . . I and my Father are one 3 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 4 will we understand that all that the Father has is ours. In that realization, we are able to give up fear. We all know the terrors of fear, so it is natural to ask, "How can I lose fear? How can I give up my fear?" There is only one way, and that is to know God as the very reality of our being. If we know God to be our life, how then can we fear for our life, for our supply, or for our security? It is our realization of our oneness with God which constitutes our safety and security, our health, longevity, immortality and eternality. In no way can we overcome fear as long as we believe that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Solving Individual Problems.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS NOW, YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ALONG with me in these talks and have heard the foundation of the message, namely, that everything begins with the understanding of God, and without the knowledge of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, there is no spiritual life. The worship of God as something or someone afar off has separated man from his spiritual life throughout the ages. This worship of a distant God that must be appealed to, must be petitioned, or must be told our needs; all of this has separated us from the actual presence and power of God. In these "latter days" we are beginning to understand that God is, as the poet said, one who hears: "Closer is he than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." 1 In other words, in confirmation of the teaching of Jesus, the kingdom of God is within you. We have learned that God is divine mind; that God is life eternal; that God is more than all this-God is the life and the mind of individual you and me. And this is where we have made our first gain over the ancients: We have not merely learned that God is principle, we have not merely learned that God is soul or consciousness, but we have learned that God is the consciousness and soul of me, the very spirit, the animating principle and law of my being. Unless one clearly perceives this truth that, "I and the Father are one," 2 he will not understand why it is or how it is that, "All that the Father has is mine." 3 The longer you perpetuate God as something separate and apart from yourself, the longer you will be seeking to get your allness from that God. In proportion, however, as you realize that God is closer to us than breathing, that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you" 4 and "I and the Father are one," to that degree will you realize that all that the Father has is yours. Therefore you do not have to pray for it. Prayer becomes not an asking of God but a realization of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Meditation
- Meditation TO MEDITATE IS "to fix the mind upon; think about continuously; contemplate; to engage in continuous and contemplated thought; dwell mentally on anything; ruminate and cogitate." In the spiritual tongue meditation is prayer. True prayer or meditation is not a thinking about ourselves or our problems but rather the contemplation of God and God activities, and the nature of God, and the nature of the world that God created. Everyone should take some time daily to retire to a quiet spot for meditation. During this period he should turn his thought to God, and consider his understanding of God, and search out a deeper understanding of the nature of Spirit and its formations, and of Mind and its infinite manifestation. He should be careful not to take any of his ills or other problems into his meditation. This particular period is set aside, dedicated and consecrated to thinking about God and God's universe. As God is the Mind and Soul of every individual, it is possible for all of us to be tuned in to the kingdom of God and receive the divine messages and assurances and benefits of the one infinite Love. The grace of God which we receive in these periods of meditation or prayer becomes tangible to us in the fulfilling of our so-called human needs. If we do not open our consciousness to the reception of spiritual understanding we must not be surprised if we do not experience spiritual good in our daily living, and there is no other way to open our consciousness to the realm of Soul than through meditation or prayer, through contemplating the things of God. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee." All through the day our thoughts are centered on the activities of human experience, on family cares and duties and earning a livelihood, on social and community affairs, and sometimes even on greater affairs of state. Is it not natural then that at some time during the day or evening we take time off to retire to our inner consciousness, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Joel Goldsmith_ Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 71K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 1, Opening The Door To Infinity
- ~ 1 ~ OPENING THE DOOR TO INFINITY CIVILIZATIONS HAVE COME AND GONE; civilizations have lived and died; and there is no guarantee that our present civilization will be permanent. At some future time, a new race of men may find parts of these cracker boxes we call buildings and homes, and they may even discover rock-and-roll records that bear witness to our state of civilization. The point is that just as other civilizations have passed from sight, so many more may also pass from sight before the truth that every mystic has revealed is discovered and demonstrated, which is that man has inherent within himself the capacity to surrender such protective measures as self-preservation and to open the door within his consciousness and receive the Spirit of God. There are two levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek-consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter- of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It * is raised up, lifts man to Its level; and then, instead of "man, whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the son of God, that man who has his being in Christ. The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pening The Door To Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 12, Spiritual Preparation for Peace
- Chapter Twelve Spiritual Preparation for Peace Many students, even after they are on the spiritual path, think that there is some truth or some message to be found in a book or in the Bible that will change the nature of their life, that is, improve it, and do it quickly. The truth is that there is no message or teaching that can have that much power. Truth Cannot Be Revealed Through the Mind There is a truth, however, a startling truth, revealed by the great mystics of all ages, but it cannot be accepted by most persons because it cannot be understood through the mind. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God." 1 Therefore, the natural man, with this reasoning, thinking mind, can never grasp truth, and even if by some miracle the truth could be given to that mind it would benefit no one. There is a story that goes back probably five thousand years illustrating this, relating to a time when the ultimate of truth was known, and some who wanted to know this truth were determined to find it. It has always been believed that it would take a person anywhere from six to nine years to be able to grasp truth, even though when the truth was given to him it could be given to him in one sentence. It has always been considered, even four or five thousand years ago, that there must be a period of from six to nine years before an individual's consciousness could be prepared to receive the truth. These men, however, were determined to have it sooner than that and to bypass those years of inner preparation. But whether or not they received it, it did them no good. Ever since that time, men have tried to give forth truth in a capsule or even in a book, but it is not possible. The mind of the natural man, the mind with which or into which he is born, cannot accept truth. Because of that, there must be a period between the time that a person's interest in truth is aroused and the time when his consciousness is prepared to accept it, that is, when he arrives at a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itual Preparation for Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 6, The Nonattachment of a Developed Spiritual Consciousness
- Chapter Six The Nonattachment of a Developed Spiritual Consciousness The major function of the spirit of God, as it operates as individual spiritual consciousness, is to break the attachment of the human mind to form and effect. It acts as a law of nonattachment, so that the effect of the operation of the Spirit is that a person loses his fear of the destructive elements of human life and he also loses his love of those things that temporarily seem good, but which oftentimes may prove to be destructive. The activity of the Spirit destroys the love, hate, and fear of external appearances, external powers, and external laws, and a person who attains some measure of that Spirit finally is able to say to any problem, "Arise, take up thy bed," 1 and thereby let go of the problem, realizing that there is no power in effect, no power in any external condition. A person who has attained even a grain of spiritual consciousness can enjoy the things of this world but never be attached to them: never be willing to lie for them, steal, or cheat, but always able to enjoy them as they come into his experience normally and harmoniously, without loss or injury to another. Sudden Illumination or Unfoldment The question, then, is how to attain this consciousness. With all the reading and studying I have done and with the unfoldments and revelations that have been given me, I have found only one way, and that is a way that has been known and taught throughout all the ages. I am not now speaking of the experience which comes to certain individuals without their knowledge or without any apparent preparation by them on this plane for this experience but which comes as an act of divine Grace. Even those persons, however, were undoubtedly prepared in previous lives. As you examine the life of some persons on this plane who have attained illumination, you may sometimes wonder why it is that one individual here or there, by some act of the grace of God, attained a spiritual consciousness that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ped Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 8, The Fourth Dimension
- ... As a matter of fact, some of the greatest spiritual lights of the world were not among the best of human beings when they began. Sometimes being a very good human being is a barrier to being a spiritual light, because it takes a great deal of humility to attain spiritual realization. The first step in that humility is when the recognition comes that man can be neither good nor evil. That is a very difficult thing for good human beings to accept. They love to dwell on their own goodness and to feel that it is a virtue for which they are entitled to great credit. Furthermore, good human beings are very prone to criticize, judge, or condemn the sinner, or the one who is somewhat less perfect than themselves. Right there they create a block through which the spirit of God cannot penetrate. It is true that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust. It is true that the Master held no one in condemnation. To him there was no waiting for punishment, no waiting to be purged, no waiting for forgiveness. It takes a great deal of humility for a good person to recognize that he is not good but that whatever goodness is manifested in him is really the spirit of God trying to find outlet. If that were more clearly understood, we could then more rightfully enjoy goodness by realizing, "This is not my goodness. This is the goodness of God finding an outlet through me. It is not that I am generous, but that God's gift is being sent out into circulation through me." With such an attitude, we understand more readily the person who for any reason or in any way has fallen from Grace or is away from the path of Grace, because it is only the belief that that individual of himself can be good or bad, and at this particular moment being bad seems the most satisfactory way or the most profitable one. The Remnant, Those Who Attain Conscious Union Those who are seriously directed to the spiritual path should understand that their work at this moment is not to concern themselves with trying to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, The Fourth Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 18, Search for Freedom
- ~ 18 ~ SEARCH FOR FREEDOM The uncertainties of human existence compel us to seek a way out of the difficulties that so frequently beset us. Illnesses of every name and nature mark our lives from infancy to old age; failure, disappointments, lack, and limitation seem to be our lot, even though each new year finds us hoping for a healthier and happier one than ever before, and as each "old year" passes we have but few regrets. Inherently we know that this should not be. Indeed, we become more certain with each disappointment that it need not be. Somewhere, we feel, is freedom from mortal trials and human tribulations. We know this freedom can be gained, if we but learn the way. Every human breast prays to God-perhaps to an "unknown God"-for the answer. Every nation and every race looks to its conception of the Almighty for rest, peace, and surcease from its worldly cares. The answer can only be found in God, the one true God whom Jesus called "our Father." In the degree that we understand God and his government of the universe, we are enabled to bring ourselves into harmony with the laws of spirit, under the jurisdiction of divine mind, and we find that every phase of human life is directly maintained in harmony and perfection through the reign of truth." It is our ignorance of God, the divine principle, which produces apparent discord, and the right understanding of him restores harmony." 1 In Christian Science we find that God is divine mind and, therefore, its creation must be in the form of ideas; that God is principle and his government must necessarily be impersonal, impartial, and universal; that God is love and this divine quality is manifested in the care and protection of love's creation; that God is truth, expressing infinite wisdom in its control over man and the universe; that God is spirit, the eternal, unchanging substance of all being. Added to these, we learn that God is infinite life, the one and only life, animating all men and things. Continuing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 18, Search for Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 83K
Find Similar Documents