The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter III, One Power
- CHAPTER III ONE POWER To understand the nature of God is to understand the basic principle of spiritual healing. Is it the nature of God to heal disease? Do you really believe that? If God is all-powerful and all-loving, why did He not heal it yesterday? Why is He waiting for today? And why is He not doing it today? Most of the people in the world believe that God works through doctors to heal them, but according to statistics, God was not doing too satisfactory a job of that before this century, was He? One hundred years ago, people were dying daily of diseases which today are healed in twenty-four hours. Why? Did God want them to die, but not us? Is God a respecter of persons? God never has had pleasure in our dying; God never will have pleasure in our dying; and, furthermore, God has never been responsible for our dying. People died because medical science had not advanced to the stage where their doctors knew enough to keep them alive, and some, in this last century, because their metaphysical and spiritual practitioners did not know enough to keep them alive. When you think of such things, the question inevitably arises, "Does God have anything to do with a person's being diseased? What does God have to do with healing him? There must be another principle involved in healing. And what is it?" That principle is revealed through an understanding of the nature of God and the nature of that with which you are dealing. When you understand God to be infinite love, infinite wisdom, and infinite good, you will know that God is "of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity." Disease is man- created, and only through man's developed spiritual consciousness will it be eradicated. If you can grasp the significance and truth of that statement, you will realize, "Then the development of this spiritual consciousness is my responsibility," and you will be correct. Through prayer and contemplation, let the nature of God be revealed. Discover for yourself ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing_ Chapter III, One Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 105K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 13, Questions and Answers - Revelation of Scripture - The Truth About Prayer
- ~ 13 ~ QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS REVELATION OF SCRIPTURE: THE TRUTH ABOUT PRAYER Happy to have a few questions on the table. We'll answer these first. Question: You don't mention the Lord's Prayer. How does it fit in? Answer: Please let me explain to those who do not know this: There is no part of the Infinite Way message which is mine, that I have ever thought up, or conceived in any way. Every principle that is in our writings and in our work has been given to me from an infinite source, and it does not represent my opinion, my belief, or my concept, separate and apart from the fact that it is mine because it was given to me. In the same way, every passage of scripture that has been spiritually interpreted in our writings has been given to me. Those for which I have not received spiritual interpretation, I have never included in my writings and never will until the interpretation is given to me. The Lord's Prayer is a passage about which I have never had any spiritual unfoldment or revelation. However, there is one part of it that is very much a part of our work because it is a confirmation of other scriptural passages which have been given to me, and which are included in the writings, and that is: "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." That I understand full well. Only that which I release can be released within me. Anything that I hold is held against me, but not by any God. It is a reflex action of my own state of consciousness. Therefore, any time that I am holding an individual in absolute, complete unforgiveness, I may rest assured that somewhere, somehow, sometime, I too will be held in unforgiveness, not necessarily by a person, but by my own erroneous clinging to the false sense of man. So I do know this: Whatever you release, you are released from. What you cling to is that which binds you. You are your own liberator. If you cannot accept spiritual principles as they have been revealed by the mystics, you cannot come into the fullness of mystical ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re - The Truth About Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 146K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 8, The Nature of Error
- ~ 8 ~ THE NATURE OF ERROR Good Evening. You will remember last week we started on two major principles which are unique to the message of the Infinite Way and upon which the healing principles are established. As you know, the subject of healing is a broad one, and these days it includes not only spiritual healing but also mental healing, psychological healing, and faith healing. Today, all of these are embraced under the title of spiritual healing. This is natural because when metaphysical healing was introduced to the world, it was first introduced as "mind healing," which certainly signifies mental healing. Then, later on, the word mind became divine mind with a capital M, and it became a synonym for Spirit. And so, divine mind healing and spiritual healing are now one, yet really meaning mental healing and spiritual healing. Eventually mental healing and spiritual healing became so mixed that all metaphysical healing was a combination of mental and spiritual activity. There is no exact dividing line in metaphysical healing between the mental and the spiritual because you will find in the literature of healing work that the mental argument, the activity of the mind, enters into spiritual healing as does Spirit itself. Later, when the idea of spiritual healing started to become popular, evangelical healers, who were known as faith healers, also adopted the term spiritual healing which was their right because they were working with the Bible and with prayer. So they were fully entitled to use the term spiritual healing. And then another form of healing sprang up which was called spiritualistic healing, that is, healing by mediums through contact with individuals who have passed on. There is a good deal of this practice in the United States, but even more in England. Then spiritualistic lost its suffix, and that practice became known as spiritual healing. And so when you hear the term spiritual healing, do not jump to the conclusion that you know exactly what it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 8, The Nature of Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 1, Governed By God Or Goverened By Man
- I governed by god or governed by man? E VERY FOUR YEARS, as attention in the United States is focused upon the selection of the President and Vice President of the United States, Infinite Way students are reminded of how important it is to realize that "the government is on His shoulders." 1 The "ten righteous men," 2 those who know this truth, can play a significant role in bringing to pass God's government on earth as it is in heaven. An election is an opportunity for citizens to exercise the franchise and vote for the candidates of their choice. To vote intelligently and fulfill his responsibility as a citizen, every voter should be thoroughly familiar with the issues and know how each candidate stands on these issues, not only in terms of what he says but in terms of his record. It is the responsibility of an informed citizenry, and Infinite Way students should fall into that category. Over and above that, and even more important, is the meditation or spiritual work in which each student engages to the end, that citizens are not swayed by the carnal mind and the highly charged emotional promotional activities characteristic of a typical presidential campaign. Each student should realize that the universal human mind, with its lust for power, greed, and self-seeking, is not power in the realized presence of God; that this election, as an activity for the preservation of freedom, is taking place within the one Consciousness, which is Intelligence and Love, and that only I votes. That I is the divine Consciousness, individualized. It is guided by a wisdom beyond human understanding and is, therefore, unerring in Its judgment. The Foundation of Freedom No one can guarantee you, as American citizens, freedom, except yourselves. And if you study the issues of your political life to such an extent and with such a clarity of thought that you can go to the polls and vote intelligently, that freedom will continue. And if not, be assured of this: If you allow the mesmerism ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 81K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Wisdoms of the Infinite Way
- WISDOMS OF THE INFINITE WAY BEGIN YOUR spiritual life with the understanding that all conflicts must be settled within your consciousness. There is never a conflict with person or condition, but rather a false concept mentally entertained about person, thing, circumstance, or condition. Therefore, make the correction within yourself, rather than attempting to change anyone or anything in the without. Acknowledge God as the substance, law, cause, and activity of all that is, and immediately refrain from meddling physically or mentally in the without. Get back inside yourself, and there resolve all appearances. When living out from the center of Being, you are untouched by the thoughts, opinions, laws, and theories of the world. Nothing acts upon you because you do not react to the world of appearances. In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know IS, and let that which truly IS. define Itself. To live spiritually is to know that all is; then do not name, label, define, or judge what is. Be content to know IS, and let what IS. reveal Its being, nature, and character to you. Prayer is the inner vision of harmony. This vision is attained by giving up the desire to change or improve anyone or anything. Never seek anything or any condition in prayer. Let harmony define and reveal itself. Let your prayer be letting the IS. appear. Prayer is an awareness of that which IS. by "seeing" it - not making it so. To pray is to become aware of the harmony without a mental effort on your part. Prayer is the absence of desire in the recognition of IS. Spiritual wisdom reveals the deep, clear, cool well of contentment within you through your recognition of IS. Be sure that your prayer is not an attempt to influence God. Be sure that your prayer is not a desire to improve God's universe. Be at peace: God IS. Rest in the deep, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Wisdoms of the Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:16- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 15, Immanuel
- ~ 15 ~ IMMANUEL Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100 "KNOW YE THAT THE LORD HE IS GOD: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves." Let us take that as our guiding light; let us try to realize in this moment that it is He that has made us, and not we ourselves. Just to be reminded of that truth and keep it uppermost in consciousness should be a healing influence. Immediately, whatever of sin, disease, or discord may be floating about anywhere should begin to fade out with the realization: "It is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves." That places the responsibility for our health, wealth, peace, safety and security upon God, the creative Principle. To each one of us, God means something different, but those differences are not important. What is important is that we recognize that there is a creative Principle, a causative Power, and that It created us, and not we ourselves. In the New Testament, John confirms this truth when he says, "Now are we the sons of God." 1 Again it is made clear that God is the causative or creative principle of our being. If once we are able to accept that, how comforting it is to realize that that which God has created He must maintain and sustain. God must be the law unto it-not only the law-giver, but the law itself. God must be the life of that which God creates, and if God is the life of our being, then our being is eternal and immortal. Therefore, to accept even for a moment the belief or fear of death, of passing on, or of leaving this plane of consciousness is really a sin against the Holy Ghost. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s New_ Chapter 15, Immanuel.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIII, Living In, Through, and By the Spirit
- CHAPTER XXIII LIVING IN, THROUGH, AND BY THE SPIRIT The attainment of the fourth-dimensional or illumined consciousness is the secret of harmonious, abundant, and gracious living, living without strife or struggle, completely free from the material sense of life. This freedom of the illumined is really a freedom from ignorance because only the ignorant can cleave to the belief that life is dependent on things and people in the external realm. Is not the whole material sense of life characterized by a faith, hope, and reliance on the external? To believe that life is dependent on a heart and sustained by food alone, or that strength is dependent on the development of muscles, in short, to believe that life is subject to, or dependent on, any thing or any thought is material sense. The truth is that life governs the external realm, but to come into agreement with that, we must understand that our body and our mind belong to us, and that it is I that governs that mind and that body, not the mind or the body that governs us. In the degree that we realize that I governs the mind and I governs the body are we illumined and free from the domination of mind and body. The mind is given to us as a thinking apparatus so that we can think what thoughts we want to think. We have a mind and we therefore determine what is going to occupy our mind. But inasmuch as we are human antennas, we often find ourselves thinking the thoughts that everybody else is thinking. That is why at times fear overwhelms us, a fear that is not our fear but the universal fear that we pick up through our everyday contact with the world. This that comes to us by way of the universal mind can be fear or it can be doubt, it can be almost anything; and until we are aware of the I, those things will continue to intrude into our experience and dominate us. But that domination will become less and less, the more we realize the I. There must be that recognition of I-I, Self-complete being: I am the embodiment of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Through, and By the Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 11, Sowing and Reaping
- forgiveness, through praying for the enemy, through loving our neighbor as ourselves, through doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. Thereby we are sowing seeds of love and seeds of truth. In that sowing, the soil is being prepared for spiritual reaping, because with no devil to interfere and no God to give or withhold, we are going to reap what we have sown. Setting in Motion the Law of Love In Christian mysticism, this teaching is called the law of as-ye-sow-so-shall- ye-reap; in Oriental mysticism, it is called the law of karma. They both mean the same thing; the law of cause and effect. The cause that we set in motion through forgiveness ... The law came by Moses, but grace and truth came by the Christian dispensation of Christ Jesus. This means that at any moment that we repent, as we do in meditations of forgiveness, in retracting every bit of erroneous belief we have held about others, and in withdrawing from circulation all hate, envy, jealousy, malice, bias, ... Can you imagine the look in the eyes of the woman taken in adultery as she stood before her accusers, that look directed at the Master that demanded, asked for, and pleaded for understanding and forgiveness, even without saying a word? And the Master answered, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 1 Just her look convinced the Master of her repentance, and the past was wiped out. Instantly! No period of sorrow, no period of grief, no period of going through Hades, but wiped out in a moment, because there was no condemnation, nor is there ever any condemnation from the Christ. There is forgiveness, and with it a warning: "Go, and sin no more." In ... You must find it by realizing that I in the midst of you is the Christ. Loving Restores US to the Divine Consciousness We have prayed spiritually when we have prayed the prayer of love, truth, and forgiveness; and in doing this, we have sown to the Spirit. We have made sure that now we will reap the Spirit. As we sow tonight, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Infinite Way: Chapter - Introduction, Introduction
- O INTRODUCTION ne of the greatest spiritual teachers who ever walked this earth has told us that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Throughout every age there have been men and women of discernment who have discovered that this is true. Some have left a testament of their discovery in the scriptures of the world-a record of courage, strength, and inspiration, a revelation of unfolding consciousness. The experience of these illumined men and women is a constant reminder that we do not live merely by work, food, and rest, but that there is another factor that enters life which is far more important than any of these human activities. This factor is the "word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." The Word becomes the living waters. It is our protection, our safety, our security. As we go about our tasks and duties, even though we may go through deep waters and be tried in the fire of experience, the waters will not overflow us and the flames will not kindle upon us, if the Word of God is in us and with us. It is our meat, our water, and our Bread of Life, our staff on which to lean. But the Word must be more than a quotation from a book. It must come alive within us; it must be a vital, living force. Its essence or substance must become part of our own consciousness, no longer words, but the Word. Then it lives and functions for us eternally. What is there about a Bible that is holy? Is it the binding, the paper, the print, or the words? Not one of these is sacred. The only thing in the entire Bible that is power is the Word of God. And where do we find that? In a book? No, for then it would be necessary merely to buy the book to have the Word of God. Millions of people buy the Bible every year, but how many of these people have the Word of God? Most of them have some words printed in a book. The world has missed the mark by reading the Bible as a historical or literary work. As long as it remains print in a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Introduction, Introduction.pdf
Modified: 2018-10-09 20:05:05- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 3, The Truth That Makes Free
- ~ 3 ~ THE TRUTH THAT MAKES FREE During the days of the early Hebrews, the high priests and rabbis were never permitted to divulge truth to the people, so there was a long period when no one had access to truth except the few who had attained a sufficient degree of spiritualized consciousness to be able to grasp it. Moses knew the truth, but because he believed that only those who had reached a high state of consciousness were prepared to understand and demonstrate it, he permitted it to be known only by those who had attained the rank of high priest. It was Jesus' conviction, however, that truth should be given to mankind; it should be revealed so that everyone would be free, because to know the truth does set one completely free of physical, mental, moral, and financial limitations. He, therefore, went out into Judea and taught in the synagogues, by the wayside, by the seaside, in the mountains, and in the plains-wherever two or more would gather together to hear him and he revealed the truth to them. Jesus was crucified for telling that truth, just as throughout all generations those who have dared to tell the truth have suffered crucifixion, if not always an outward crucifixion, at least a figurative one. Men of power are afraid to let the masses know about the truth. The authorities, whether ecclesiastical or political, cannot afford to permit the world to become enlightened because when men know the truth it makes them free and they can no longer be controlled. In order, therefore, to be sure that control is maintained over the people, it is necessary to keep them in ignorance of truth. When Christ Jesus revealed truth to his followers, evidently the truth registered with a few-only a very few, but nevertheless a few-and healing work was carried on for the next three centuries. But the principle of truth was again lost. There was dissension within the Christian movement: there was one faction headed by Paul who felt that truth should be made available to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Truth That Makes Free.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents