The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IV, The Language of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER IV THE LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL HEALING Not long ago I talked with an orthodox minister who had just finished reading my book, Practicing the Presence. 1 He had enjoyed it very much, found it challenging; but he added that the language and some of the terms used were new to him. Certainly it is true that, to the reader untutored in mysticism, some terms are incomprehensible; but it must be remembered that mysticism, like every other field of study, has its own specialized terminology. Spiritual healing as taught in The Infinite Way is built around a few words. Before we go on to consider these words, let me explain briefly what The Infinite Way is: It is a spiritual teaching consisting of principles which anyone may follow and practice, irrespective of his religious affiliation. The Infinite Way reveals the nature of God to be one infinite power, intelligence, and love; the nature of individual being to be one with His qualities and character, expressed in infinite forms and variety; and the nature of the discords of this world to be a misconception of God's expression of Himself in His universe. These are universal principles based on the message of the Master, Christ Jesus, who taught that man can realize his oneness with God through conscious communion with God, thereby bringing about peace on earth, harmony, and wholeness. In this new language of spiritual healing, the fint and most important word that must be understood is the little word "as," an understanding of which eliminates forever all sense of duality: God is manifest as individual being. If God is manifest as individual being, there is not God and man; there is not God and you; therefore, there cannot be a person going to God for something. During the years when I was devoting my time exclusively to the healing work, as patients came to me I learned not to see them as human beings, nor to look to a God to patch them up. I saw that everyone who came to me was God appearing as individual being, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nguage of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1958, The Object of Our Search
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Object of Our Search GOD does not enter the affairs of men except through individual consciousness. As we open our consciousness to the activity of God, the sleeping Christ within is gradually awakened until there is a point of transition in which the Christ takes over completely. From that moment, we live in the atmosphere of God: God is now living our life. Until that transition has been made, however, the responsibility is upon our shoulders. Even though the presence and activity of God have been brought into our experience to such an extent that there are miracle-healings, that does not always mean that there will be no further discords and that we shall have complete harmony forever. In the early stages of our student days, or discipleship, when we begin to enjoy the blessings which are the fruits of the Spirit, there is often a tendency to revert to our human mode of living: We become enmeshed in human concerns and anxieties, engrossed in human pleasures, and thereby shut ourselves off from the activity of God, until, in some trying moment, we reach out and re-establish that contact. We have not become sufficiently stabilized in the consciousness of God to remain steadfast in it, but return again and again to our human ways of living and thinking. This swinging of the pendulum backward and forward continues until, sooner or later, we awaken to the fact that we have been seesawing between Spirit and "this world," experiencing healings followed by discords and then more healings and more discords. This finally leads to a realization of the need for a more consistent preoccupation with the things of God and the necessity of daily meditation. As we continue along the spiritual path, we find that instead of giving thirty minutes a day to the realization of God, eventually we are dwelling in God for four, five, and six hours of the day, and experiencing the fruits of the Spirit in the form of greater harmony and less discord. After weeks and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, The Object of Our Search.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 147K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 12, The Religion of Mysticism
- ... In living the truly Christ life, the spiritual or mystical life, the motivating and guiding impulse of our experience must be that of love. We must develop ourselves to the point where we hold no one in judgment, and where we entertain no feeling of separation from our fellow-man. This does not mean that we will not have individual opinions, nor does it mean that we will agree with some teaching which our intelligence cannot accept. It does not mean giving up our individuality, or our sense of right or wrong, but it does mean that by giving up our sense of judgment we permit each man to go his own way and to follow his own convictions. But we must love him just the same, seeing that the basic spiritual principle is God. In other words, despite any disagreement on the human level of life let us understand, within ourselves, that we are one in Christ, regardless of race, color, national, political or religious affiliations or convictions. Whatever we or others do that does not conform to this standard must not bring forth criticism, judgment or condemnation, but in every case forgiveness. As the Master might have said, "Neither do I condemn thee nor sit in judgment upon thee-who made me a judge over anyone?" So by closing our eyes to the physical appearance we can agree that, spiritually, we are one with each other; we are one with every individual on the face of the globe because of our Sonship in God, our Brotherhood in Christ. In that consciousness of love in which there is neither judgment, criticism nor fear, all sense of opposition to error fades, and in fading, all discord fades with it because discord is nothing more nor less than a false sense entertained within our own being. This false sense is not one for which we are necessarily responsible, because every one who has ever been born is a victim of universal belief until, through some activity of his own consciousness, he begins to understand that God is the creative principle of his being. He begins to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Religion of Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 5, When We Judge By Appearances
- ... In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know Is, and let that which truly Is define Itself. Wisdoms of The Infinite Way The Prayer of Forgiveness and Release What do I want? "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness." 14 Seeking the kingdom of God means seeking the realm, the realization-let's use that word, the "realization" of God. It means pray and meditate and ponder God until ... So you find that to come to the kingdom of God means to come into a state of consciousness which loses bit by bit, of course, the temptation to judge, criticize, condemn, to hold in evil. You find that God's righteousness is embodied in the word "forgiveness." The nature of God is to forgive. How many times? "Seventy times seven." 15 Infinity. So you say, "Ah, but he sinned against me yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. How much longer must that go on?" I don't know how much seventy times seven is, but at least seventy times seven. That's how long it can go on if it will, and each time there must be forgiveness. Therefore, if we have not reached that state of consciousness in which we can find it within ourselves to be forgiving, at least in the sense of "Well, Father, if I can do nothing else, I can say, 'Forgive them their sins.'" In other words, come to a state of mind where you wish no punishment on anyone, even for their wrongs. That's quite a place to come to, but we can approach it by degrees, even if we can't attain it in a moment. Then, seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness means seeking a state of consciousness in which we approximate that divine state of righteousness, that divine state of consciousness; somewhere in which we are forgiving, in which we are praying for the enemy, praying for those who despitefully use us. You see, the prayer of forgiveness and the prayer of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 5.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1956, The Christ
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The Christ Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:10-19 IN order to reach the kingdom of heaven, we must transcend the realm of mind and thought to the heights where the realm of Spirit unfolds and discloses itself. Upon entering the kingdom, we receive, within ourselves, the Word of God; the light of the Christ; the Spirit of God in man. Although we strive and press onward toward the kingdom only that the Word be received-always the Word is made flesh and dwells among us. Every time It is heard, It becomes manifest in the outer realm. Every time the divine impulse is felt, it becomes visible and tangible without. This Word of God is the substance of all form, the substance of all demonstration, the bread of life, the water of life eternal, the wine of inspiration; and therefore, when faced with any appearance of discord, inwardly we can say: "I and my Father are one. . . . All that the Father hath is mine. . . . I have meat ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ December 1956, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 10, The Ministry of the Christ
- ~ 10 ~ THE MINISTRY OF THE CHRIST We should never undertake anything, even so unimportant a thing as going to the corner for a loaf of bread, without first making our conscious contact with God. The reason is that while we may seem to be out only for the purpose of buying a loaf of bread, we, actually, may be out on some God-mission without knowing it. If we have not made our contact, we may never know what that mission was and so fail to recognize an opportunity to lend ourselves consciously to this work. Nothing is ever what it appears to be in the human picture. We often think that we are doing something for a normal, natural, human reason and, later on, find that this was not at all the real purpose of what we did. The human reason is sometimes only the decoy that sends us on the real mission, and the true purpose was perhaps not apparent to us at all. We should know by now that as human beings, we are only a transparency for the Divine. Actually, our purpose in studying spiritual wisdom is to find out, through meditation, what the spiritual plan is, and what our part in it is. As we make our contact, we become the visible transparency for the inner, divine, spiritual plan. Then, God, infinite Spirit, is able to use us and to manifest Itself as our individual being, working out Its plan on what we humanly call the earth. It is the earth, but it is more than just the earth: It is both heaven and earth. Heaven and earth are not two different and separate places, except in the human sense of time and place. Reality knows no such thing as "time," no such thing as "place." Time is really now; place is here. Whether or not this earth is a hell or a heaven is dependent upon your view of it, because where some find heaven, others find hell. Some of us find enjoyment in many places right here on earth; others find suffering in the very same places. It is all in the point of view, in the attitude of the individual. Heaven is not a place, and hell is not a place. They are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Ministry of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 130K
Find Similar Documents