The Master Speaks: Chapter 8, The Healing Ministry
- ~ 8 ~ THE HEALING MINISTRY My oneness with God is my oneness with spiritual wholeness. The only place where disease has no reality and where it disappears, is in one's spiritual sense of life-in this intuitive spiritual sense of life that you feel when you are in the silence, when you are touching Reality. In this life, there is no sin, no disease, no lack, no limitation, no war. There is nothing going on in this spiritual sense of life but spiritual good. That is the reason I say that most of our work should be done silently and not audibly. Giving a person who has asked for help a barrage of metaphysical truths, to me, is nothing but nonsense. To me, the only way to respond to a call for help is to say, "I will help you right away." Just as fast as is possible, get back into that silence, where you can feel the very presence of God, where you can discern Reality. Then the patient will be free. When I have a headache, if a practitioner were to say to me, "Now, you know it is not real; of course you have not got a headache"; I would be inclined to reply, "Oh, go jump in the lake! I want freedom! I do not want a lot of conversation!" If the practitioner really and truly believed that the headache was not real, I would be healed long before he could assure me of its unreality. It is not how glib we are at blurting out these metaphysical truths that is going to help anybody. It is the recognition within of spiritual Reality. This you touch somewhere within your own being, and when you do, the whole human picture fades out and you begin to see divine Reality. We should get out of the habit of telling and repeating testimonies. Testimonies are legitimate when they are used to exemplify some point of spiritual practice. You may want to illustrate a certain principle and use a testimony of healing as an example, but aside from that, give up the habit of testifying, either to your own healings or to those for which you may have been responsible, or to others of which you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, The Healing Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Sense of Truth
- SPIRITUAL SENSE OF TRUTH Psm. 127:1 - "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. " REGARDLESS OF the human effort we put into any enterprise, if it is not backed by spiritual awareness, all we can expect from it is limited fruitage. There is a vast difference between statements of truth and Truth itself. A statement of truth is what you declare; Truth itself is what is imparted to you from within your being. Statements of truth are read in books; Truth itself is what you discern between the lines. Shankara, probably 800 B.C., wrote: "If the supreme truth remains unknown, the study of scripture is fruitless; the study of the letter alone is useless; the Spirit must be sought out by intuition." The human mind claims to be a builder, to be a power, claims that it can do things for us. For generations the world has gone on trying to build humanly, and all it has accomplished is limitation. To insure the safety, security and prosperity of our existence, we have to come into the consciousness - the conscious awareness - of the presence of God. Without this awareness, it is just as erroneous to make statements like, "God will help me; God is everpresent and does help me," as it is to forget to make those statements. The statements themselves have no power. The human mind making such statements does not even believe in them. There must be an actual awareness of the presence of God. This must be felt within your own being. "I can of mine own self do nothing" is as high a declaration as can be made. It shows forth the absolute nothingness of even a great man like Jesus. "My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me"-"The Father within me, He doeth the works"-"Except the Lord build the house"-there must be an actual consciousness of the presence of this infinite divine spiritual Power acting within or really as your being. In Acts 1:21 to 26, we come to a place where Judas has committed suicide and a successor is going to be appointed to fill his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e_ Spiritual Sense of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 25, No Outlined Physical Form
- ~ 25 ~ NO OUTLINED PHYSICAL FORM We need to remember that man is not an outlined physical form, nor a finite being surrounded by limitations, but that man is an individual expression of God's being; expressing the infinite good, the eternal harmony, the allness of life, truth and love. As we dwell on the spiritual nature and character of man, leaving our so- called selfhood out of thought, our divine nature reveals itself in all forms of peace, harmony and perfection. We need to keep constantly in thought that spiritual man is complete and "has not a single quality underived from Deity." Man includes within his own consciousness the freedom and joy of God's being. Man does not sit around waiting to receive these from God, for man is the very expression of these qualities of God. All good is embraced in the divine consciousness which man reflects. This is-ness of good is the Christ, truth, revealing the omnipresence of that harmony which may at the moment appear to be absent or apart from us. Have no fear; trust the Christ as the "divine influence ever-present in human consciousness" which reveals our perfect being. Feel the peace and joy of God flooding your consciousness with his love and his life, and the light will appear. The question is frequently asked, "How may I know when a healing is complete?" To begin with, we must bear in mind that there can be no actual healing, because there is nothing to be healed. "Spirit is infinite; therefore spirit is all. There is no matter." 1 Spirit never needs healing. This is all you need to know. Regardless of appearances, "spirit is all" and spirit does not need healing. There is no "you" outside of mind, so you need no healing. Spirit being all, it is complete. Mind is all, and mind's work is forever complete. You need do no work about this, but you must accept the truth of the completeness of mind. You have no demonstration to make. All action and volition belong to God, and his demonstration (you) was complete from the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., No Outlined Physical Form.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter III, Beyond Power
- CHAPTER III BEYOND POWER As long as man has someone or something to which he can cling, he will not find God. Whatever man knows or is able to know with his human mentality-whether a thing or a thought-is not God. No one is going to find God while he has anything on which to stand, anything to which he can hold, or anything about which he can think. Startling and unbelievable as this may seem to be, nevertheless it is true. Most of us have known a fair share of the good things of life and a few of the bad ones; and while we may not have been happy with the bad things, we undoubtedly would also admit that we did not find any permanent happiness in the good ones. Many of us must have suspected that there is something beyond all this, but what? What is that something? Is it God, and if so, what is it that men call God? Is God just a vague hope, a senseless dream, or is God really attainable? Is it possible to know God? The search for God is not easy for anyone, and when the revelation of God does come, it is something so entirely different from what was expected that if a person is honest he will have to confess that it is beyond his understanding. Only after finding corroboration for what he himself has discovered as it is presented in a thousand different ways through the spoken and written word and then living with it for years and years, does it ultimately register. Religions have evolved because somewhere far back in the past men were constantly encountering troubles of one sort or another in their human experience. If they were fishermen, they found that the fish were not running well in some seasons; if they were hunters, there were periods when the game was scarce; and for those engaged in farming, some years there was too much rain and some years not enough. Occasionally, there were enemies from across the border molesting them, and at such times the strong nearly always overcame the weak, plundering their less powerful neighbors and often reducing them to the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter III, Beyond Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:37- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 7, Grace
- ... It is divine grace that you are enabled to fulfill every demand upon you, and this grace leaves you free and joyous to experience what is called this human life; but this life, understood through grace, is not a human life at all: it is really divine. Grace also includes forgiveness. Sometimes we hold ourselves in bondage to the belief of deserved punishment for sins of omission or commission, and often we hold others in bondage to these same beliefs. But under this life of grace, there is forgiveness without any consideration for whether one has deserved, earned, or been worthy of it. The forgiveness is there because grace reveals that the transgressor has not done this thing to you: he has done it unto himself, through ignorance. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 1 You might think that the Master meant that they knew not what they did to him. He did not mean that at all. He meant that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. To him, nothing could happen. He had come under divine sonship. God was his eternal life, and no one could take that from him. God was his supply: he had already demonstrated that he could feed the multitudes. No one could take that power and ability away from him. He knew that they could do nothing to him; and the only possible meaning of "Father, forgive them" was that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. The true sense of forgiveness is a ... You will get out of life whatever you put into it, no more and no less. It may be a life of peace, but there will be no peace or prosperity for those who are expecting to get something. It may be a life of war and depression, but there will be no war or depression to the person who is putting into life his love, his forgiveness, and his dependence on grace. To that person, none of these things will come nigh his dwelling place. If you could learn the secret of grace, which is a complete reliance on this infinite power within, you would find a spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Your Nets_ Chapter 7, Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Grace
- ... It is divine Grace that you are enabled to fulfill every demand upon you, and this Grace leaves you free and joyous to experience what is called this human life; but this life, understood through Grace, is not a human life at all: it is really divine. Grace also includes forgiveness. Sometimes we hold ourselves in bondage to the belief of deserved punishment for sins of omission or commission, and often we hold others in bondage to these same beliefs. But under this life of Grace, there is forgiveness without any consideration for whether one has deserved, earned, or been worthy of it. The forgiveness is there because Grace reveals that the transgressor has not done this thing to you: he has done it unto himself, through ignorance. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 2 You might think that the Master meant that they knew not what they did to him. He did not mean that at all. He meant that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. To him, nothing could happen. He had come under divine sonship. God was his eternal life, and no one could take that from him. God was his supply: he had already demonstrated that he could feed the multitudes. No one could take that power and ability away from him. He knew that they could do nothing to him; and the only possible meaning of "Father, forgive them" was that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. The true sense of forgiveness is a ... You will get out of life whatever you put into it, no more and no less. It may be a life of peace, but there will be no peace or prosperity for those who are expecting to get something. It may be a life of war and depression, but there will be no war or depression to the person who is putting into life his love, his forgiveness, and his dependence on Grace. To that person, none of these things will come nigh his dwelling place. If you could learn the secret of Grace, which is a complete reliance on this infinite Power within, you would find a spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith Reader_ Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:19- 96K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 23, 1963, The Source
- THE SOURCE June 23, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARTS, the professions, the business world, of all religions, colors and creeds, must eventually understand that the power of life that flows in them has no art, no profession, no business, no religion-and yet it produces the very intelligence and inspiration in every activity of our human lives. Artists, sculptors, painters, composers all acknowledge one source of inspiration. When you stop to think of the French or the Germans or the Russians or the Asians or the Occidentals or the whites or the blacks, you must know that the source of inspiration is one; and, when you have it, it reveals itself in whatever your particular activity may be. Let me illustrate: A man had an orchard of apple trees, all very fine apples and expensive on the market. But he had one tree from which he could derive no revenue, because the apples of this particular tree were of an inferior grade and were therefore unsalable. One year the idea came to him, "Why not graft onto that tree the limbs of some of the very good apples." He did, and shortly this tree was also producing good apples. In other words, the life that was giving expression to the apples was one life. You have witnessed this in so many different experiences. Whether it is music or art or writing, there is a source of inspiration. In the religious world this source is called God, but it need not be called God because by any other name it would be the same source of inspiration. Some call it, religiously, the Christ. In the philosophies, and especially in mystical teachings, there are many different names for the source of inspiration or the source of power or the source of life. The first step that every one of us must know is that this source exists. You will not find this difficult as you notice the rhythm of the seasons, the sun, the moon, the stars, the tides, two times two always being four, like always begetting like. You know, of course, that there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ June 23, 1963, The Source.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 8, How to Express Love to Your Family
- ~ 8 ~ HOW TO EXPRESS LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY You will know real peace and love in your household only when you tabernacle and commune with the Spirit of God in man. The way is straight and narrow, and few there are who are willing to engage in the practice necessary to attain a consciousness of that Spirit. If you expect a man or a woman to be good, or if you are looking to anyone for honesty, you can be mistaken and disappointed time after time. Furthermore, if you are looking at honest men and women and neglecting to see the Christ in each one, do not think for a minute that here and there one of them is not going to trip you up. If, however, in all your human relationships, you insist on looking through every person to the Spirit of God in him, you will be protected from the evil ones of this world, and none of the weapons that are formed against you will prosper. In the moment that the Spirit of God enters your soul, you see with different eyes, and you lose all sense of male, female, young, old, sick, or well. You see the spiritual identity of all with whom you come in contact and that vision awakens it in them. In your real identity you are the son of God, but this sonship is so dormant in your humanhood that you have lost the awareness and the capacity to behold the Christ in the members of your family. As you attain spiritual discernment and look out and behold the Christ of them, their capacity to sin or to be sick is diminished. Take a five-minute period every day in which you meditate for a different member of your family. Begin with your husband, your wife, one of your children, or one of your parents, but take a different person each day for just five, six, or seven minutes. Wait until you are completely free from other responsibilities so that you can go off into a room by yourself without interruptions from the telephone, radio, television, or guests. Whether the person you have in mind is aware of it or not, you realize that that I, that Spirit of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Express Love to Your Family.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 78K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 1, Welcome the New Year
- ~ 1 ~ WELCOME THE NEW YEAR The world enters what it calls a New Year. There is nothing new in it-only repetition, and many people enter the New Year with fear and trembling, yet wishing and hoping for better lives and conditions. For students of The Infinite Way the question is: How shall we approach the New Year? First of all, let us be faithful to our spiritual heritage as Children of God, and continually remember, "Now therefore, ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God." This means that we understand God as the principle, law, substance and activity of all being and of the universe itself; that thereby, we recognize the spiritual government of man and the universe; that we acknowledge Spirit as the only Power, and Soul as the only Presence. Starting with God as the creative and sustaining principle of all that is, we recognize and acknowledge that "the government shall be upon his shoulder," and therefore, all government, rule and dominion is spiritual, intelligent, loving and perfect. We will clothe ourselves in the realization that God is the Mind, Soul, Spirit and Law unto all spiritual being, and that mortality-which is but mythical existence-is forever without form, and is void. Understanding that error, regardless of its form or name, is not power or law, we will meet whatever human sense brings to the world with the realization that it comes only as suggestion or mirage-without power, or dominion, or control over man or the universe. We will meet lust, greed, mad ambition, stupidity, ignorance and fear as without form or power, since these do not emanate from the One Infinite Invisible. We will know that material force in any form is no more powerful or destructive than mental force, since both represent the nothingness of human belief. We will neither hate nor fear error in any form, since we understand all error as the absence of intelligence, law or power. Regardless of what human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 1, Welcome the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 89K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 5, Knowing the Truth in Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ KNOWING THE TRUTH IN TREATMENT To those of us on the Path of The Infinite Way our goal is harmony-spiritual, eternal, immortal harmony in all of our relationships, being, body and business. In our search for the harmonies of life we have come to see that the only harmony is the harmony of God, made manifest as our individual experience. We have found that it is an impossibility to be intelligent, healthy or wealthy in and of ourselves, and that even though we gain these through material means they prove to be unsatisfactory, incomplete and impermanent. Only in the degree that we understand that God is the Intelligence of the universe, that God is the Mind, the Soul, and the Spirit of our individual being, do we have harmony as a permanent and continuing dispensation. As we come into the realization that there is no lasting safety or security, no health or wealth in the material world, we must find our new abiding-place-"an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." How do we attain this spiritual life? How do we attain spiritual consciousness? How do we attain our freedom from "this world?" The Master showed us the way-"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The first step in attaining freedom from the world is learning and knowing the truth. Read and study scripture and truth books. Bring yourself into the atmosphere of those who have attained some measure of spiritual consciousness. Choose your books, your teacher or teaching only after thoughtful consideration and prayer that they be revealed to you. Each one must find within his own being his true teacher or teaching, and be faithful to them until such time as he shall be led to a higher step. In the last analysis, we shall all be taught of God. The second, and by far the most important step, is knowing the truth, not merely by reading, studying or hearing it, but also by receiving it by impartation from within your own being. In giving treatments to ourselves or others in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...wing the Truth in Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 101K
Find Similar Documents