The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 6, Pray Without Ceasing
- ~ 6 ~ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING EVERY HUMAN BEING is born under the law, not under Grace, but under the law of matter, the law of mind, the law of human happenstance, the law of accident, chance, and change. Parents do not know what kind of a child they may bring forth, and no one can guarantee that any newborn child will be perfect. No parents, regardless of how much love they give their child, can be certain that he will reach manhood or that he will be a person of morals and integrity. Why? Because in their hearts they believe that everything depends on chance, luck, circumstances, or conditions. Who knows when an accident will take place? Who knows when a bomb will be dropped, a call come to go to war; and death, accident, or insanity follow? Who knows? This is the story of humanhood and this is the story of the human race. Because of our spiritual sonship, however, we can make the transition from being under the law to being under the Christ. Life then is no longer lived under the law of matter or mind: life is then lived under the Christian rule of Grace. Can you understand what it would mean to go through life under a Grace that would feed, clothe, and house you, that would prevent illness and accidents, and if they occurred, immediately heal them? How would it be to go through life, knowing that you no longer needed to take thought for your life and that you were living under a Grace that could bring forth for you the heritage of heaven? Can you for a moment imagine living in the spiritual kingdom under My peace in which you would live "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit"? 1 Can you conceive of life lived with a divine Presence going before you to make straight the way and to prepare mansions for you? That is the life the Master proclaimed and taught, and the life he promised to those who follow his teachings. Such a life is possible, but how can the transition be made? From the very beginning of modern metaphysics, over a hundred years ago, there have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Pray Without Ceasing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 13, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 13 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING Spiritual healing is a delicate subject, easily misunderstood by those not having had much experience in healing without mental argument. Therefore, it is necessary that it be rightly presented. It is possible for everyone to learn that spiritual consciousness does the work. And spiritual consciousness is cultivated through study, communion, and practice. It is the result of living every moment in the conscious awareness of good as all, and through the recognition that there is no error. Spiritual healing shows that the impartation is always from mind to its idea, and this constitutes the Word of God, which is "quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"; also, that the thoughts of man, the human thoughts, mental arguments, do not constitute that Word. Two things are important here: receptivity and reflection. As we become receptive to divine mind, through the stilling of the senses, divine impartations do come to us. Sometimes they are in thought original to ourselves, or, as the case may be, quotations from the Bible or other writings. Then, again there may be just a "feeling" or a sense of uplifted consciousness; a sense or awareness of rightness. When these divine ideas come to us, we reflect on them; we see them in their relation to the immediate problem. Mental argument is of itself not a healer, but it may serve to uplift thought to a point receptive to the right idea. Also, when argument is used (affirmations and denials), one should not consider the work complete, but "be still" and await the answer which never fails to come. Thus, the treatment is not the declaration, but the period after the declaration, when one is listening to "the still, small voice." The awareness, or consciousness of good that follows is the healer, the Christ, spiritual consciousness. It is important at some time in one's experience that we learn the part gratitude plays in having the correct sense of substance; to ascertain within ourselves ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 13, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Get Thee Hence Satan
- "Get Thee Hence, Satan" It took a really great mystic to discover the secret of impersonal evil and devise the name "devil" or "Satan" for it. This devil or Satan, as it was first conceived, did not mean an opponent of God; it had no such meaning at all. Instead, it meant something in the nature of a tempter-not a power or a person, but a tempter offering temptation. The evil is never in us; it is the tempter that tempts us into sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation, and this tempter should be recognized at all times as the impersonal source of evil. When the devil stood before Jesus in the wilderness tempting him to turn the stones into bread, Jesus answered, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Again Satan tempted the Master to cast himself down from the pinnacle of the temple, and Jesus' answer was, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." 2 Once more Satan offered him temptation in the form of worldly glory, and to this, Jesus replied, "Get thee hence, Satan." 3 With this recognition of the devil as the impersonal source of evil, Satan left him. From then on what do we hear about Satan as far as the Master is concerned? He does not appear any more. He seems to have faded out, right there and then. With that "Get thee hence, Satan," Satan is no more. The Master is alone, alone with God, consciously one with God, the victor, with full dominion. But the tempter, the devil, is gone; the temptation is gone. Temptation Always Appears as a Person or a Condition Every need for help for yourself or any call for help that comes from someone else should be recognized as a temptation, a temptation to be rejected. Even if it should be someone close to a hundred years, suffering from old age, remember that the claim of age has to do merely with the calendar. The calendar affects us only if we accept it, keep looking at it every day, and wondering what story it tells, instead of proving how impersonal it can be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eader_ Get Thee Hence Satan.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:18- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body as well as with the belief of the need for material supply, and right now we are all being faced with the fear of atomic bombs and rumors of war. In the human picture, there is no way to avoid these experiences or to rise above them. There is only one way to find safety and security, and that is the spiritual way, the way whereby the Christ becomes the reality of our being. When we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, then we are living the Christ-way and fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Christ Jesus, the law of forgiveness, which is possible only as we live in obedience to the two great Commandments: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. . . . And . . . thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 3 That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, and every plant, but there is no way in which we can love them while holding them in condemnation. We must see and understand that God is the life, Soul, and mind, not only of our friends but of our so-called enemies. In that way, we eliminate all enemies. The answer to enemies or enmity of every form, whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack, is found in Jesus' reply to Pilate: "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above." 4 The law of forgiveness, that is, the ability to see God as the mind, the life, and Soul of enemies as well as of friends, is the real law of demonstration. Not only in the Old Testament, but throughout the teachings of Jesus, the first Commandment is recognized as the secret of life-only one God, only one Life, the Life of every one of us, enemy or friend. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind even of those we call enemies-only one God, only one creation, and all spiritual. As long as our consciousness is filled with this oneness-one God, one creation, all one-our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 112K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 4, The Parenthesis
- Chapter Four The Parenthesis Throughout the writings it is pointed out that our function is not to improve humanhood: it is not to find an ideal companion for a person, an ideal home, or to make his body physically well. The Infinite Way has nothing to do with changing human conditions. The function of God is not to mend broken bones, to go out and get more dollars or automobiles, or to annihilate our enemies. As a matter of fact, whatever the nature or function of God is, already is. Our function is to leave "this world" because we have discovered that there is a "My kingdom" and "My kingdom" is not of "this world."1 That immediately sets up a whole new world for an individual. How do we leave this world? How do we stop taking thought for this world? The question is not how, but that it must be done. How it is done is an individual experience. I can tell about my own way of arriving at whatever stage of that process I have reached, but I cannot be sure that that is the way that will lead others to it. Beyond all question of doubt, as long as we are taking thought for what we eat, what we drink, or wherewithal we are clothed, we are not following the message of the Infinite Way. Such an idea pulls the foundation out from many students. It leaves them with nothing on which to stand, and that is the intent. "He hangeth the earth on nothing."2 If we have a single thought in our mind, we are going to cling to that thought. Any concept of God, any concept of what we expect of God, any concept of the fruitage we are looking for stands in the way of God's demonstration, because that is not opening oneself to the way or the will of God. Discovering God's Will Ever since we were born, we have been thwarting the will of God, doing everything our parents, teachers, or society told us, everything that good manners told us to do. How often have we turned to God and asked, "God, don't You have something to say about how my life should be lived? After all, You authored my life. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 4, The Parenthesis.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes for the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the nonpower of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 149K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 12, The Power & Dominion
- ~ 12 ~ THE POWER AND DOMINION THERE ARE TWO WORLDS: there is the world of the man of earth, who is not under the law of God; and then there is the world of the son of God, the world of the spiritual universe in which life is lived not by taking thought, but by divine Grace. While we already know about this outer world, we do not yet know enough about the life by Grace. God gave us dominion over everything there is between the skies and the bottom of the sea. But bit by bit, we have surrendered our dominion and become prodigal sons. We have turned our back on the kingdom of God and lived in a material sense of world made up of human beings, groveling at the feet of some unknown God, praying for crumbs, when all the time the true God in the midst of us made us heirs of the entire kingdom. In the recognition of our divine sonship, we must once again accept our dominion, and this means that we create our own world. The world does not create conditions for us; people do not create conditions for us. We are not the victims of politics, of war or dictators, of circumstances or conditions; we are not the victims of sin or disease: we are the victims of what we, ourselves, have created. Never again must we give dominion to man or circumstances, but henceforth, we must live under the laws revealed to us by the Master Christian. LIFE MORE ABUNDANT "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 1 The word "I" used in that statement does not mean Jesus. It does not mean your teacher or practitioner. This I is your very Self, the savior and redeemer at the center of your being, and therefore, you dare not go to God even for supply because you already have I, the Spirit of God, in the midst of you. "I am the resurrection." 2 This truth would be of no avail to you if it applied only to Jesus. The truth is that the power of resurrection-the resurrection of your body, of your health, your wealth, your marriage, your home, or your family-is within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, The Power & Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 4, Christ Raised from the Tomb
- ~ 4 ~ CHRIST RAISED FROM THE TOMB The Hebrews of old foresaw the coming of the Messiah, but because they believed that the Messiah would be some kind of great king or general, someone who could lead them to victory over Caesar or perhaps even over their own Sanhedrin, a man who would turn the evil conditions of their day into good conditions, they were unable to accept the gentle Master. Instead of understanding that "My kingdom" is not of this world, they accepted the God of the Forty- seventh Psalm: O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. From the time of the Hebrews under Pharaoh unto this very day, the same prayer has gone up, the same psalms have been sung, and the same hope expressed that God will subdue nations, remove tyrants, and overcome the armies of the aliens. Should not thousands of years of such praying have proved that God has done none of these things up to now, and that there is no likelihood of his doing them at any future date? In the Forty-sixth Psalm there is an indication that the nature of God has been misunderstood, and that that is one reason peace on earth and good will to men have not been experienced. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Come, behold the works ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Christ Raised from the Tomb.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 130K
Find Similar Documents