Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter One, The New Life by Grace
- CHAPTER ONE THE NEW LIFE BY GRACE This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households. Deuteronomy 12:7 God is pouring Itself* forth and expressing Itself as harmonious being and as a harmonious universe. The world, however, is not enjoying the harmony of that universe or the harmony of God's being, but that is not because God is withholding that harmony from anyone. There is no God that can be induced to do anything especially for you or for me, no God that will move out of Its orbit to do something for any one person that It is not at this very moment doing for everybody, whether or not all the everybodies avail themselves of what God is giving them so freely. As you read this, review in your mind these questions: Do you believe that God is withholding anything from you? Do you believe that there is a God who can give you something, but at this particular moment is not giving it to you? Do you believe that? Is there anything that the hand of God is withholding from you? Is there any way that you can reach God to get God to loose something that you would like to have, and give it to you? Most of the religious teachings of the world are based upon the belief that there is a way to influence God and thereby persuade God to act on our behalf. And now I ask you, do you believe that? Do you believe that you can find a way in which you can coerce God, influence or bribe Him with money, prayers, sacrifices, tithes, or with promises to be good? Do you believe that any of this influences God on your behalf? Do you believe that there is a way to open God's hand and make it let loose of the blessings which you think He is withholding from you? Release yourself from the belief that there is a God withholding anything from anybody, anywhere, for any reason. God is not giving something to one race and withholding it from another or to one church and withholding it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... One, The New Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 11, Impersonalizing the Visible
- The hurt and harm they have done, whether to individuals or to nations, is so great that we would find it impossible of ourselves to be forgiving. Even if we could pay lip service and say that we forgive, in our hearts we know that it is not completely so. But again we have recourse to: "I can of mine own self do nothing." 1 I cannot forgive this experience, this person, or this event, but certainly I can pray that God forgive him. Even if I humanly do not have that capacity for forgiveness, at least I know enough to know that forgiveness is right and, therefore, let me pray: Father, forgive him, that he be not held in bondage to his offenses but that he be forgiven and that the spirit of Christ open his consciousness to truth, to reality, to the right. By impersonalizing good in every way, we make ourselves instruments or transparencies through which God can perform His functions. Once we have attained, even in a small measure, the ability to impersonalize good insofar as it concerns us, we then turn our ... TAPE RECORDED EXCERPTS Prepared by the Editor "Receptivity as Related to Givingness" "The question of receptivity comes up very often in this work: 'How can I become more receptive to God, to the Christ, to the spiritual influence?' The answer to that lies in increasing your givingness. Receptivity is attained only through giving. What you have to give is an individual matter with you. . . . "Receptivity is the secret of spiritual attainment and receptivity is attained through givingness. If we have a little change or more to give, let us share it where we will, but remember that the givingness of which we speak is not as material as it is spiritual. The real givingness must be forgiveness, benevolence, peace, goodwill toward men. This is the givingness: goodwill toward men, setting free, holding no one in condemnation. "Receptivity is the ability to perceive, to discern the spiritual good in man, the ability to discern the spiritual good that is embodied in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Impersonalizing the Visible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 11, Be a Transparency for Love
- As we realize more and more that our function in our household is to be the instrument through which God is to find entrance, we purge our consciousness of its human qualities; we learn to forgive injustices quickly and to forget offenses, realizing that God neither judges nor condemns, and that neither must we. God's forgiveness is seventy times unto seven and so must ours be. Not only must we express love, patience, kindness, justice, cooperation, and generosity in our home, but we must love ... Because God cannot be limited in time or space, or by walls, the realized presence of God in this room is flowing out of this room, up and down the street, up and down the nation, and across the waters. I am an instrument and a transparency through which God's love blesses mankind-friend and foe. My consciousness does not condemn the sinner; my consciousness does not seek vengeance, but forgiveness. Through my consciousness of love, God enters my home, my business, my nation, and this whole ... But if God's love is not entering through the window of our consciousness, it is because our consciousness is soiled, soiled with the only kind of dirt that can soil it, a dirt that is spelled s-e-l-f, I, me, and mine. When we begin to cleanse our consciousness, when we begin to realize less and less of self, and more and more of love, more and more of forgiveness, more and more of praise, glory, and gratitude, more and more of a willingness for God to touch the consciousness of the sinner, the ... Let us do each day the task that is given us to do, regardless of how mundane it may appear to be; and if we fulfill that which is given us to do now, we shall find that more important things, and eventually what appear to be more spiritual things, will be given us to do-but not until we have done that which has already been given us to do. Our first and foremost task is to fill our consciousness with love, forgiveness, gratitude, praise, loyalty, and devotion, not only to God but to our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Be a Transparency for Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1956, Contemplative Meditation
- ... But never should one be encouraged or even consider leaving his human surroundings until the call is unmistakable. Only in this way will the spiritual men and women of the world be worthy of their calling. When this is thoroughly understood there will no longer be false prophets and false teachers, nor will people leave the human world for what they consider the spiritual world before they are called. It also will be understood that each individual is called to fulfill some specific spiritual function in the divine plan; therefore there will be no lack, no disease, no war, and no unhappiness; and every individual will be cared for physically, mentally, morally, and economically. There are those who must be saints and seers and spiritual teachers, just as there are those who must fill positions in the family, business, and government; but each one who fulfills any of these in the realization of his spiritual destiny fulfills it harmoniously, joyously, successfully; with love, generosity, and forgiveness. The greatest privilege that can ever come to an individual is that of sharing the grace of God which is received and revealed in the silence and secrecy of the heart. The most sacred work on earth is the giving and sharing of God's riches of spiritual wisdom. My own heart is full of gratitude that God has spoken to me in silence, in sacredness, and in secrecy, and then permitted me to share these spiritual gems with others. One of the greatest human privileges that has ever been mine is the rare opportunity to travel to far places, and to encounter such enlightened souls as our beloved Swami Ramdas, who so liberally shared his spiritual gems as he travelled the world last year. I am sure Swami Ramdas knows my great joy in being permitted to speak on these occasions at Anandashram. To all of you, may I say that you have given me far more than I have been permitted to give you-more in spiritual memories than I will be able to store up in the next three or four ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 154K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: I Am the Vine
- GOD IS LOVE. What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could your own child do anything that would change YOUR love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, HOW MUCH MORE LOVE is pouring forth from our Heavenly Father! Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, not God is Love if you behave in a certain way, or not just when you are worthy and deserving? Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did He at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did He ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did He, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in His ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: since GOD IS LOVE, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's Grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The Grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn on or off the electricity and we can turn on or off the water, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. GOD IS, AND GOD IS LOVE in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider GOD IS LIFE. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. GOD IS LIFE. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, and a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words I, me, and you enter the picture, and we say MY life or YOUR life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is Life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the ONLY life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith_ I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 15, The New Discipleship
- ~ 15 ~ THE NEW DISCIPLESHIP There must come a time in the experience of every seeker when he no longer tries to gain anything for himself but rather tries to help reveal this Christ that he has beheld to those now seeking it who have not yet seen it. All those who are teachers or leaders have in a measure beheld the Christ, and the only reason they have turned to teaching or to the healing ministry is to reveal that Christ to the rest of the world. That is the function of everyone on this path. But it is not through the human mind that the revelation comes. There must be a deeper intuition, a deeper consciousness that says to us: "I behold the Christ. I behold the Christ, even though the world tried to crucify and place it in a tomb, put a stone there, and seal that tomb. Yet I see the Christ walking the streets." That is inner vision; that is spiritual vision; and that is the vision necessary for a complete and an utter reliance on the Christ. Nothing less will bring about healing, but when we have that, the Christ performs its function in the consciousness of both the teacher and the student. We cannot go out and give to the world what we have found of spiritual healing or spiritual living by talking or preaching it. The offering of the wine, the water, and the meat must be done gently and sparingly, permitting the other person to come in his own good time to his spiritual good. We cannot through preaching save the world, even though we have a principle that could and would save the world if the world could accept it. What we can give to the world, however, is our demonstration of God. By our fruits not only will we be judged, but will we create a hunger in the world for what we have: not by offering it to others, but by letting them see how we bear witness to it. If our faces show forth just a little bit of the glory of God, if our lives attest to the fact that we have found a principle to live by, then we may be assured that in the years to come we will reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 15, The New Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 17, The Power of Truth
- CHAPTER 17 The Power of Truth WE ARE all brothers and sisters, we are One, and we are one Family. All that my Father hath is yours, the same as all that my Father hath is mine-because it is the same Father speaking to the same Son, which you are and which I am. The moment I see that this is your relationship, do you not realize there is a bond between us? I did not establish that bond nor did you. God established that bond. However, I recognize it and have brought myself into obedience to it and to oneness with it, and now this Law of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of man is in operation in my life. By my perceiving this, not only my attitude to you changes, but your attitude to me changes. Remember, I am speaking of everyone in this world. So even when I go out into the world of strangers, into the hotels, into the airports, into the publishing market, into the business world or any other, just think what happens in my recognition that all these people are offspring of God-my brothers and my sisters. I have this feeling toward them, and can you not see what feeling must come back to me? It is better than an insurance policy, I promise you; much better. This is because the love that is poured out must come back. It has to; it's continuously like "bread cast upon the waters": it goes out, true, but the next tide brings it back. So it is that this love that is poured out-and you must see the nature of this love-is a love that is Truth, really. This Truth I am pouring out in the recognition of you as my brother or my sister, child of my Father. It compels me to treat you honorably. It compels me not to act towards you in any manner that I wouldn't act towards a member of my household. It compels me because you are of my household. The fact that we live under different roofs has nothing to do with it. Lots of my family live under different roofs. It doesn't change our relationship. Now, this very love that I am pouring out, this very Truth of being, you can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 17, The Power of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 2, A Spiritual Way of Living
- ~ 2 ~ A SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIVING Good Evening. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." The major secret of spiritual living is contained in this and many other passages. "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee . . . Acquaint now thyself with him and be at peace . . . Acknowledge him in all thy ways and lean not unto thine own understanding . . . If you abide in the word and let the word abide in you, you will bear fruit richly. If you do not abide in the word and the word does not abide in you, you will be as a branch of the tree that is cut off and withereth." Such passages as these are to be found in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, as well as in every one of the Eastern scriptures. And the meaning is clear, since even the great Master could say, "I of my own self can do nothing; the Father within me, he doeth the works." How much more true must that be of us, that we can do nothing except God do it through us or in us or as us. "He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world . . . He performeth that which is given me to do." These are confirmations of the great revelation of all time that we are as nothing except in so far as we are led by the spirit of God, guided by the mind, the intelligence of God, empowered by the love of God, and have God's grace on every step of our journey. "I go to prepare a place for you." That presence goes before us to make the crooked places straight, that presence walks beside us, it comes behind as a rear guard. These bring to light the secret of spiritual living, without which we cannot prosper spiritually. Now, by human might and human will it is possible, if one is strong enough, to go out and battle the world to become a great success, without any assurance of course, that it will last forever and that one may not be pulled down in the end. But for one to go through life joyously, fearlessly, successfully, and harmoniously, it is absolutely necessary to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., A Spiritual Way of Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 8, Special Lesson on Healing Work
- Chapter Eight Special Lesson on Healing Work Those who have not spent considerable time practicing spiritual principles will at times forget them, and thereby delay their experience of good. And what is it they will forget? They will forget that they are not to look to one another for anything, and that includes husbands and wives, parents and children. The very earliest time possible in the morning, we open ourselves to God's grace and consciously realize that we live, not by might or by power, but by the spirit. We live, not by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God; neither do we live by the favor of individuals, or the good will of individuals; nor do we live by our place or position in life. We live by the grace of God. Our Good Flows From the Center of Our Being If we are to live in the mystical consciousness, we must abide in the realization that our expectancy is always and only from the spiritual source within us. We must abide in the truth that "I have meat to eat that ye know not of," 1 and then be careful not to look to a person, a thing, an organization, or a relationship for it. When we thoroughly understand and realize this oneness, as if there were only one person in the world, God appearing as individual being, our good must flow from within us, not to us from anyone, but from us and through us. Our good may come to us through people, but there is no law that says it has to. There is no law or rule that says we must derive our income from our work. Within us must be the complete realization that our manna can fall from the sky or, if necessary, ravens can bring us food. Our supply can come through a thousand different directions. Therefore, we need not look to anyone. Of course, there must always be that sense of gratitude to those through whom it comes, but not the feeling that it comes from them: it comes through them; but it comes from the center of our being. I is infinite, and there is nothing and no one outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cial Lesson on Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 9, Nature of the Individual as Consciousness
- ~ 9 ~ NATURE OF THE INDIVIDUAL AS CONSCIOUSNESS Probably the most important point in all spiritual living is the question: What is God? Investigation of differing concepts of God indicates that some people think of God as Mother, others as Father, still others as mind or law or principle, and latterly as the combination Father-Mother. If the concept is illumined, one term is not much more important or adequate than another, but our manner of worship often limits our concept of the infinite to a finite form. The greatest statement ever made on the subject of the name or nature of God is that if you can name it, that is not it. And that is true. If you give it any name at all, you are naming something other than yourself, and that cannot be God because the self doing the naming is none other than God. In the same way, there cannot really be a search for truth because the searcher is truth. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." 1 How can I seek life eternal, since I am that eternal life, itself? The Nature of God Any term or name you might give to God is of itself erroneous, since it implies duality. The experience of the Hindu leader, Ramakrishna, who lived late in the last century, is interesting from this viewpoint. From early childhood, starting out as an altar boy in a temple, he was filled with a great longing for God; he was God-hungry. God was always Mother, and inasmuch as one of the gods of Oriental Scripture was known as Mother Kali, Ramakrishna used this designation, Mother Kali, when referring to God. She became such a reality to him that he insisted on paying his devotions and saying his prayers to her. One day, a great spiritual woman came to Ramakrishna and offered to lift him to the highest degree of spiritual consciousness in which he would realize his oneness with God. Ramakrishna accepted, and the woman remained with him for some time, meditating with him until she finally lifted his consciousness to where he could say, "Ah, I am!" He had the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual as Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 125K
Find Similar Documents