The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Nine, The Temple Not Made With Hands
- CHAPTER NINE THE TEMPLE NOT MADE WITH HANDS There is within every person the Christ-Self, the real Self, the I. On the spiritual path, the goal is the attaining of conscious union with that Self, or the attaining of the realization of the Christ as our identity. This requires a "dying daily" to the human part of us, the outer part, and being reborn as this true identity; dying to the limited sense of self and being reborn into or as our perfected Self, the Christ- Self. On the other hand, if we can overcome the human self, if we can die, if we can put off that human self with its belief in good and evil and awaken to our true identity, then we are through with patchwork, through with demonstrating some good today and wondering what we will have to meet next year. Within each of us is the perfect Self that has never fallen, has never left heaven, and therefore can never gain heaven. It is already a state of heaven; it is already living the perfected life, the spiritual life, the Christ-life that can never be crucified, can never be resurrected, cannot ever be ascended. It already is the perfect Self, the son of God, or the Christ within us. It has been called "the hidden manna," the "pearl of great price," the robe of immortality. That son of God is you; it is I. Actually, it is our Self, and we do not patch It up; we do not demonstrate for It; we do not heal It; we cannot even make progress with It. We can, however, bring to light in our experience this perfected Self, our Christ-Self. But in order to accomplish this we do not go into meditation with the idea of meeting an outside problem, for our spiritual goal is not developing a self that has no problems, but dying to the self that has them or does not have them, and being reborn to our already perfected Self. TO GIVE SPIRITUAL HELP, REJECT ALL CONCEPTS When we go into meditation, we cannot take into it any thought about the problem. This applies to any situation or person. For example, if we have children or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Temple Not Made With Hands.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 110K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 9, Starting the Mystical Life
- T Chapter Nine Starting the Mystical Life he glorification of a human being is never the goal of a spiritual study. Rather is it the annihilation of the human being. When Paul teaches that we need to "die daily," 1 he is not playing with language. He is very serious about that. So, too, when the Master states, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it," 2 he is stating a spiritual principle. Many metaphysical teachings would have us believe that by demonstrating health and supply we are doing the will of God. In the very earliest days of metaphysical healing, there was no such intent. Healing was only a means of proving that the principle was true, but the principle was the important thing and not the healing. What followed and still continues could happen in our work. Those in the Infinite Way who carry on a healing ministry or conduct tape meetings usually give some instruction to those who come to them, explaining the principles that students do not understand, the how and the why of them, and helping them with healing work. What inevitably happens is that if those who are conducting the work are at all consecrated they soon become so busy with healing work that there is no time left for teaching, instruction, or imparting the message. So there again begins the same old round of sitting in an office and acting as an aspirin tablet or a foot plaster to those who bring their bodies to the office. That really should not happen in our work. The metaphysics of the Infinite Way is made up of the letter of truth and, while studying that, it is natural that our health, our living conditions, our business, and our human relationships all improve. But these are not our goal. Our goal is to achieve a consciousness of the mysticism of the Infinite Way, that is, that part of the teaching which brings us into conscious union with God. If the attainment of material things were our goal, we could very quickly have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Starting the Mystical Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 1, The Need for Religion
- ... On the other hand, the person who is gross, who has never lived very close to God or thought much about God can go on for a long time storing up karma. When it reaches a certain level, however, even he gets clipped, because he is not violating a God, he is violating his God, the God at the center of his being. An Inner Cleansing Is Necessary for Forgiveness When we take the Master's teaching seriously, we realize that we cannot merely go to church on Sunday and because of that receive absolution. No minister, priest, or rabbi can absolve ... There cannot be a God that would injure, destroy, or withhold. Such a God would not be God. God is love, and what makes us believe in Christianity is the life the Master lived and the work he did. He said that his work was "to do the will of him that sent"9 him. In that will there is no withholding, no lack of forgiveness, no excommunication. Nothing like that! The sinner is just as much welcomed as the saint, because the sinner has come to be made a saint. Jesus came to heal the sick, raise the dead, preach the gospel, and feed the ... The Consciousness of No Judgment Brings Peace Once we have experienced God we can never again judge, criticize, or condemn a person for anything he does. " 'Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do.'12 If they only knew, they would live by Grace instead of by theft, but we will teach it to them, that is, we will teach it to those who are willing." We cannot benefit anyone when we criticize, judge, condemn, or sit in judgment. The Master's whole ministry was one of love and forgiveness. It was not that he was so loving: it was because he was performing the ministry of his Father. And that is the mission given to us: not to sit in judgment, criticism, or condemnation, but to forgive, not caring what a person does tomorrow. If he wants to sin tomorrow and be punished again, that is his business, but this day he has come to us and received forgiveness. That is our mission and function. Prayer ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Message for the Ages Chap1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-27 20:20:56- 133K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 4, The Parenthesis
- Chapter Four The Parenthesis Throughout the writings it is pointed out that our function is not to improve humanhood: it is not to find an ideal companion for a person, an ideal home, or to make his body physically well. The Infinite Way has nothing to do with changing human conditions. The function of God is not to mend broken bones, to go out and get more dollars or automobiles, or to annihilate our enemies. As a matter of fact, whatever the nature or function of God is, already is. Our function is to leave "this world" because we have discovered that there is a "My kingdom" and "My kingdom" is not of "this world."1 That immediately sets up a whole new world for an individual. How do we leave this world? How do we stop taking thought for this world? The question is not how, but that it must be done. How it is done is an individual experience. I can tell about my own way of arriving at whatever stage of that process I have reached, but I cannot be sure that that is the way that will lead others to it. Beyond all question of doubt, as long as we are taking thought for what we eat, what we drink, or wherewithal we are clothed, we are not following the message of the Infinite Way. Such an idea pulls the foundation out from many students. It leaves them with nothing on which to stand, and that is the intent. "He hangeth the earth on nothing."2 If we have a single thought in our mind, we are going to cling to that thought. Any concept of God, any concept of what we expect of God, any concept of the fruitage we are looking for stands in the way of God's demonstration, because that is not opening oneself to the way or the will of God. Discovering God's Will Ever since we were born, we have been thwarting the will of God, doing everything our parents, teachers, or society told us, everything that good manners told us to do. How often have we turned to God and asked, "God, don't You have something to say about how my life should be lived? After all, You authored my life. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 4, The Parenthesis.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 119K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter X, Reality and Illusion
- CHAPTER X REALITY AND ILLUSION To recognize that we live in two worlds, the world created by the five physical senses and the world of Consciousness, is to bring ourselves closer and closer to illumination. In the first chapter of Genesis, God made man in His own image and likeness, without any help from anyone. This pure spiritual birth, this immaculate conception, is God manifesting and expressing Himself and His qualities, Consciousness revealing Itself as form. This is pure, unadulterated, spiritual creation, the immaculate conception of man and the universe, God, the infinite Life expressing Itself individually without any material forms, processes, or systems. In the second chapter of Genesis, God not only creates but He miscreates, and because of His mistakes, He has to do it over and over again. First, He "formed man of the dust of the ground," then, He brought woman forth from man's rib, and finally He decided to bring man and woman together for the purpose of creation. Is it reasonable to believe that the infinite Intelligence of this universe needed to make two attempts at creation? This man of earth, "the natural man" who is not under the law of God, "neither indeed can be," is not a man at all: he is a mythical creation of the human mind, of the five physical senses. To make clear how this mind creates, let us examine how it has created a man- made God. Close your eyes for a moment, and take the word God into your consciousness. Do you believe that this is God, or is this not a projection of your mind? Has this God any power? Is there really such a Presence, or is this just a self-created image of your own thinking? Let us go further afield and let us attempt to decide what God is. Instantly to our thought comes an answer, but the answer is not truth, and the answer is not God because the answer is a projection of our background. Anyone who has been an orthodox Christian almost immediately thinks of Jesus Christ. If one's background is Hebrew, he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter X, Reality and Illusion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 5, Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer & Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ RISING TO MYSTICAL CONSCIOUSNESS IN PRAYER AND TREATMENT In the spiritual life, you must never forget that you are not living your own life and that you have no right whatsoever to consider what you would like to do, when you would like to do it, or how. Always in the back of your mind is the reminder that it is God's life that is being lived, and it is your privilege to be at that state of consciousness where you can watch God live your life without interposing a wish, a will, or a desire of your own. The average truth student is not at the stage of development where he can do this because he has duties to his family or his business, and until such time as the Spirit Itself says, "Leave all for Me," * or "Leave your nets," no student should ever forget his responsibility to his family, his associates, and to his work. Rather should his study and his meditations become the foundation for the more harmonious functioning of these facets of his life. It is only to the few that the call to leave their "nets" eventually comes, and when it does come, it is unmistakable, and it compels obedience. After that, the nature of one's life changes. This change does not permit the neglect or desertion of one's business or family obligations, but it does make it possible to provide for their independent care so that one may be set free for whatever demands the call may make. Let no Infinite Way student believe, however, that the call to leave his "nets" is an excuse to desert or neglect his human duties or obligations. Those who enter the spiritual ministry because of a human desire to do good, or before they have heard the spiritual call, make little or no progress. This is because they have not yet learned to rest on the Infinite Invisible. They do not have the spiritual vision that makes it possible for them to know the Unknowable. The message of the Infinite Way did not come through the human mind, nor can it be imparted by or to the human mind. To the human mind, this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sness in Prayer & Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Ye Are the Light
- This Being is all-inclusive life, love, substance, law and reality. You do not any more get at-one with Truth, or seek some truth with which to meet a need, but you realize with infinite joy, "I am the truth." "Ye are the light of the world." As you rest in this consciousness, you will no longer find it necessary to overcome evil-destroy error-wrestle or rise above error. As the light, there is no "above" or "below"-you fill all space. As the light, darkness vanishes as you approach it and you have no consciousness of the darkness that has been dispelled, not any more than intelligence can be aware of the ignorance it displaces. As there is but one Mind, remember that your thoughts, feelings, emotions are constantly being broadcast to the world. The world does not read your mind so as to be consciously aware of specific thoughts; nevertheless, it is attracted or repelled (without being consciously aware of it) by the general tenor of your thinking. Therefore, let your consciousness be filled with forgiveness, joy. Behold the universe as it is, sharing, cooperating, understanding. Constantly be the eternal Giver in action-not merely giving what is deserved, or earned, or won, but giving because the need appears; giving regardless of the so-called worthiness of the individual. Keep your consciousness free of judgment, criticism, condemnation, doubt, fear, discouragement. Think and voice error as little as you can. Consciously control your thought in the direction of I AM: "I" am the light; "I" am supply; "I" am intelligence; "I" am free. This I AM is the universal Being, your Christ-Self; your true identity, the only one you have. We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only ONE Life. This Life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless and changeless; it is the individual expression of that ONE divine Life. In other words, divine Life is our life. It contains no element of matter, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Goldsmith_ Ye Are the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 9, The Argument or Treatment
- ~ 9 ~ THE ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT If the teacher of spiritual wisdom could sit and hear in the silence and then let the divine Consciousness impart the truth to his students, there would be little possibility of any misunderstanding, but because words cloak the real meaning, it is necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I myself do not use affirmations and denials, and I disapprove heartily of their use in this work. Such things as reciting any statement, however scientific it may appear to be, twenty-five or a hundred times, or repeating the Lord's Prayer ten times, or affirming, "Every day prosperity is making me rich," are decidedly no part of the Infinite Way. That statement needs clarification, however, because the argument is used in this work and is that part of the work which I call treatment. Most of the time, you may use very little treatment, but on the other hand, there are occasions when you may use a great deal of treatment. Ordinarily in the course of the day when a call for help comes over the telephone or by letter, very little in the way of treatment should be necessary because the state of consciousness in which the practitioner or teacher lives and which he maintains should be sufficient to meet all needs. It must be realized that the call for help has nothing to do with a person; it is just suggestion. Most healings are brought about through nothing more nor less than some such statement as, "I will be with you," or, "I will take care of it," or, "I am standing by," but back of those statements is the consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken. It must be understood, of course, that I means God. When a practitioner assures the patient, "I am standing by," he means that God is standing by and, therefore, his patient is in the best hands in the world. However, it would be very dangerous if the practitioner made such a statement merely as a human being, because, as a human being, the practitioner can do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 113K
Find Similar Documents