The Heart of Mysticism: October 1957, Bear Witness
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Bear Witness For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. Acts 22:15 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. John 1:6-8 We speak what we do know, and testify that we have seen. John 3:11 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:31 And we are his witnesses of these things. Acts 5:32 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that we may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10 IN a courtroom, a witness mounts the witness stand, not to interpret his observations, but simply to tell what he has seen. A witness bears witness to that which he has seen take place. At no point should a witness say, "I brought this about; I did this; or I helped this"; but rather, "This is what I saw, and I am repeating it as I saw it." That is what the Master meant by bearing witness to God. The Master bore witness to God's power. He claimed no power for himself, "I can of mine own self do nothing . . . 1 the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works," 2 that is, "I bear witness to that which I see the Father do." In The Infinite Way, we do not use God. Instead we sit in quietness and stillness, watching God do the work. Then we can say, "I witnessed a healing; I witnessed the activity of God in human affairs; I did not do it; I had no part in it, but I bore witness to God performing His work." Let us suppose that a call for help comes to us. Can I give the help or can you give it? Those of us who have been the instruments for healing know the answer to that question: No human being can give that help. If God does not answer the call, it will not be answered. But you say, "God is not answering all the calls that go out to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... October 1957, Bear Witness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 153K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Wisdoms of the Infinite Way
- WISDOMS OF THE INFINITE WAY BEGIN YOUR spiritual life with the understanding that all conflicts must be settled within your consciousness. There is never a conflict with person or condition, but rather a false concept mentally entertained about person, thing, circumstance, or condition. Therefore, make the correction within yourself, rather than attempting to change anyone or anything in the without. Acknowledge God as the substance, law, cause, and activity of all that is, and immediately refrain from meddling physically or mentally in the without. Get back inside yourself, and there resolve all appearances. When living out from the center of Being, you are untouched by the thoughts, opinions, laws, and theories of the world. Nothing acts upon you because you do not react to the world of appearances. In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know IS, and let that which truly IS. define Itself. To live spiritually is to know that all is; then do not name, label, define, or judge what is. Be content to know IS, and let what IS. reveal Its being, nature, and character to you. Prayer is the inner vision of harmony. This vision is attained by giving up the desire to change or improve anyone or anything. Never seek anything or any condition in prayer. Let harmony define and reveal itself. Let your prayer be letting the IS. appear. Prayer is an awareness of that which IS. by "seeing" it - not making it so. To pray is to become aware of the harmony without a mental effort on your part. Prayer is the absence of desire in the recognition of IS. Spiritual wisdom reveals the deep, clear, cool well of contentment within you through your recognition of IS. Be sure that your prayer is not an attempt to influence God. Be sure that your prayer is not a desire to improve God's universe. Be at peace: God IS. Rest in the deep, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Wisdoms of the Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:16- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 2, Neither Do I Condemn Thee
- ... The evil that we do is an evil against ourselves and results in the opposite of reward-punishment; but this also comes from within ourselves. Even if "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" 3 never discovers the evil deed, never brings us into court, never imprisons us, that which we are in secret knows what we are and it rewards us openly or punishes us openly. When Does Forgiveness Come? The reason the world rises in rebellion against the teaching of the one Self is that it makes every person amenable to himself; it makes him responsible to himself and for himself. It does not permit him the luxury of mouthing such platitudes as, "Oh, God will forgive us our sins." Nonsense! God never forgives our sins any more than God punishes our sins. The punishment for our sin lasts just as long as the sin lasts, because whatever is done, we do it to ourselves. We can forgive each other if we happen to be sufficiently good-natured or loving, but that does not exempt us from the punishment for our misdemeanors. No, regardless of how much we may forgive each other, there is no forgiveness. The only forgiveness is in returning to our Father's house, to our principle, and again living in harmony with that principle. It is pure fiction to believe in some God in heaven who is going to look down and forgive us ... We must rise to that place in consciousness where not only are there no evil human beings but where there also are no good human beings. Everyone takes his rightful place as a child of God. We have not forgiven the trespasses of the world as long as we say, "You are a good human being or you are an evil human being." We understand the nature of forgiveness only when we are able to look through the good and the evil and realize, "Thou art the child of God in whom He is well pleased." Making Peace with One Another It matters not what our sins are outwardly. They represent the generations which have lived with a sense of separation from God. Our sins and our poverty and our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Neither Do I Condemn Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 14, God Is Not Mocked
- ~ 14 ~ GOD IS NOT MOCKED THE REAL PURPOSE OF SPIRITUAL TEACHING is not merely to show students how to make the demonstration of daily living and daily harmony, nor even the demonstration of peace and health in a human way. There is something more important in life than making the organs of the body a little healthier, or prolonging physical life a few years, or increasing a person's income by ten or even a thousand dollars a week. The real import of The Infinite Way is that we realize that life is Spirit and therefore our individual expression of that life must be spiritual and our entire existence show forth the harmonies and perfections of Spirit, and not merely physical health and wealth. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6:7,8 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked." Judging the world from the evidence of the five physical senses, we would have to admit that God is mocked. Surely, God never planned for Its creation any such scenes or experiences as we witness in the human world, and so, judging by human experience and from what we see about us of sin, disease, wars and depressions, it is practically impossible to believe that God is not mocked. "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth." 1 How can we reconcile that statement with the statistical fact that not only are our highways filled with death every day, but that we send the flower of our youth off to war to make sure they get killed even faster than would be the normal incidence in traffic accidents? Yes, in the human scene, God is mocked. Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time in healing work-spiritual, mental or medical-or with those suffering from cancer or tuberculosis would certainly be tempted to agree that God is mocked. Yet Scripture says that God is not mocked. It also says ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 14, God Is Not Mocked.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 12, Prayer & Receptivity
- ~ 12 ~ PRAYER AND RECEPTIVITY NOW, THE KIND OF TREATMENT we have been talking about is legitimate, only do not stop there; do not let anybody on this path stop there because you haven't yet prayed! All you have done is give yourself a treatment. All you have done is to mentally reassure yourself that the appearances aren't real, but you haven't yet felt the Christ. And what we are interested in is Christ-healing. What we are interested in is the actual Father within-the Christ that liveth in me-the actual awareness of the presence and power of God, dispelling the illusion of sense. We are not satisfied with anything less than that! Therefore, if you give yourself a treatment-again I repeat: never give a treatment to a patient or to a condition-give yourself a treatment to refute the appearance or the person. Then sit there in the silence with that ear of expectancy and let the answer come. Many times it will not be necessary for some of you to go that far; most of the time you will not find it necessary to use that argument. You can take a step higher than that. That step is, when a claim of any kind presents itself to you, whether your own or someone else's, you can take the attitude of sitting down and finding the center of your own being. How you do that, of course, is something else again. I can't give you a process. You may take the word God or Christ or truth, and keep it in your thought and always bring your thought back to that, keeping it up until that awareness comes. That is even higher than using the argument, and you can do it if you are keeping yourself in a spiritual condition. Don't think you can do it if you are coming down continuously to this mortal level of living and indulging all this sense business with horrible movies and disgraceful novels and all that kind of stuff that the rabble fills time and mind with. Don't think you can give part of your time to that and at the same time be in a state of spiritual consciousness where you won't need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, Prayer & Receptivity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS THE READING ASSIGNMENT TONIGHT will begin in "States and Stages of Consciousness" in Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture, and continue to the end of the book. The reason for this assignment is this: I want to tell you tonight that the mental and the spiritual are not synonymous. In the metaphysical world, it has been believed for many years, that mental and spiritual healing are the same thing, whereas they are actually as far apart as material and spiritual healing. What is mental healing? Mental and material healing are the same thing on two levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and lighter than the material. But they are two strata of the same belief. You have heard the terms "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental." That is exactly the same as saying "a godly devil." They are that far apart, not that one is necessarily right and one is wrong. They are different levels of consciousness and they are as far apart as the North and South Poles. The reason for this mixture of the spiritual and the mental goes back to the beginning of mental practice. Mental practice was originated in Germany by Franz Anton Mesmer, the physician who discovered animal magnetism. He discovered that there is an invisible vital fluid, a mental fluid that passes through the practitioner and the patient and that it acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students came to New England, landed in Portland, Maine, and found a student there named Quimby. Mesmer's student taught this mesmerism, then known as hypnotism or animal magnetism, to Mr. Quimby and for many years they engaged in this activity for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby later became known as Dr. Quimby, and came to have with him a young patient, or student, who worked as assistant. This boy developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental cause for the physical diseases of people coming on the platform. He passed this on to Mr. Quimby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 9, 1963, Christ: The Unfoldment from Within
- CHRIST: THE UNFOLDMENT FROM WITHIN June 9, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel LAST WEEK WE WERE LED to the unfoldment that there are two realms or worlds, "this world" and "my kingdom," and that, "my kingdom is not of this world." 1 Also, because of these months of our work together, we must now be having the experience of truth, rather than just lectures or classes about truth. In other words we want our work to be in the nature of an experience, not a philosophy. Unless we can experience my kingdom, we are just living in the language of words, thoughts, teachings, and philosophies. In order to know the actual experience, you must begin by realizing that everything that exists in the external world had its beginning in the invisible-not just an invisible-but a very specific invisible consciousness. The consciousness of man, which basically is the consciousness of God manifested as the consciousness of man, is the invisible which is the substance and law of everything external. We know that the Chinese gave us the wheel, and a wheel is the most important part of a civilized existence. Now go back to China in your mind, and try to realize the world without a wheel. Then ask yourself, "Where does a wheel come from?" From this you will have to see that it had its origin in the mind of man, but behind that mind of man is the God- mind functioning as man's mind. So man turns within to his consciousness and he receives an impartation-an impartation from the infinite to the individual. And once man has the idea of a wheel in consciousness, how easy it is then to go out and make that wheel in the visible. Follow this principle all the way up from the wheel to the airplane, to color television, to radar, and see that everything had to be imparted to man from something greater than his education or physical strength. First he had to receive all these things in consciousness; he then took the next step of externalizing them. We have said in our work that there never will be peace on ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Unfoldment from Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 104K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 10, The Invisible Meat Unknown to the World
- ... Sharing the Infinity Within Many people fail to be helped through spiritual means because while looking to the Spirit they are at the same time a house divided against themselves, seeking their good in material ways and thinking that God is just going to help along a little bit. It is not much different from the orthodox believers who pray to God for their health and then hire half a dozen doctors to help God along. As fast as possible, we must give up resorting to material means, whether it is borrowing money, begging for it, or just expecting that because someone close to us has it that he owes it to us or should give or share it with us. We must die to our materialistic sense as rapidly as possible and lean more and more heavily on the truth that we are joint-heirs with God. Since each one of us has the same inheritance, each of us can look to his source, but this can be only if we have brought God down from heaven and placed Him in the midst of us, realizing that we can open out a way to release the infinity within by beginning to share: share our prayers, share our forgiveness, share our love, share our possessions, share anything; draw out from within; and the greater the lack seems to be, pour out that much more. Suggestion Fails Because an Immunity Is Built Up In metaphysics where mental treatments are used, there is another reason for delayed healings and sometimes failure to heal. In the beginning, metaphysical work was on a mental plane; none of it was spiritual. It is sad to think that in the early days words like "God" and "Christ" were used in their literature, when what those metaphysicians were talking about was their own mind and thoughts. They honestly believed that their mind was God and that thought was power. That error of floundering around, believing that the mind was God and that thought is power cost the world seventy-five years of spiritual unfoldment. In those days, even though the words "God," "Christ," "Spirit," and "prayer," were used, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Meat Unknown to the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 127K
Find Similar Documents