Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: A Lesson to Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Goldsmith_ A Lesson to Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 79K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The True Sense of the Universe
- THE TRUE SENSE OF THE UNIVERSE THE BELIEFS WE ENTERTAIN about the body constitute our sense of body. The truth about body is something entirely different from our concepts of it. The body itself is perfect. It is as immortal and eternal as Soul, God, which is the substance and Principle of the body. Your body - seen through the universal material beliefs of the world - was born, matures, ages and dies. This very body when correctly known, that is, spiritually discerned, is the very appearing of Soul-substance, Spirit-substance, eternal being. It is neither functional nor organic. What appears to us as functions and organs are our false finite concepts of the activity of Mind appearing as spiritual body or spiritual formation. As long as we entertain a material concept of body, we will have concern for it - we will cater to it - and find in it both pain and pleasure. As we continue to lift our concept of body until we gain the realization of what our body really is, we will find less and less of either pain or pleasure in it until we arrive at the state of consciousness where we realize the body as an impersonal vehicle or mode of expression. Every suggestion of discomfort or inharmony coming from the body must be met instantly with the understanding of the true nature of body as spiritual. Only as we understand that errors of sense exist merely as suggestion and false sense, can we find freedom from the pains and pleasures of the body. We are never correcting the body, its so-called organs or functions. We are correcting the false concept or sense of body. All we have said here about body is equally true about business, home, security, wealth. "My kingdom is not of this world." There is nothing of God, or reality, in the world we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. The failure of religion in this age is due to the lack of this vision. Theology is attempting to spiritualize a mortal concept of God - called man. This man and his universe is no part of God, because God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... True Sense of the Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 91K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Unveiling the Christ
- UNVEILING THE CHRIST I FIND IT NECESSARY to repeat that you will make no headway spiritually until you acknowledge that the Mind of you is the only law unto your affairs. There is nothing outside or apart from you acting upon your health or body. If there is discord or inharmony, you yourself must realize that the mesmerism of sense cannot use you as a target or victim. True, the error of sense is not personal; it is not you who are the sinner or wrong thinker - yet it is you who are accepting some suggestion, which in turn is manifested as sin or fear or disease. Sometimes evil comes to us in the guise of good. Assuming the troubles and burdens of others is one beautiful way to let in discords. Our task should be the realization of the freedom of everyone - even those who appear outwardly in bondage to sense. To sympathize or pity them is to accept the condition as real, and this opens our thought to many errors. In one way or other you are accepting the suggestion of error - and usually it is through some form of human love or hate. Wake up. I mean wake up this minute. See your human love or hate as mesmeric suggestion. See it for what it is and stop being handled by it. Stop your sympathy and pity for the embattled Greeks or the starving Armenians or the persecuted Jews. This will not make you hardhearted, but it will enable you to pierce the veil of illusion and thus help the receptive thought. Your sympathy will only fasten the condition more firmly in thought. If you pity your patient, you will not heal him. "Loose him and let him go" - or can't you do that? In connection with the affairs of the world today, we need to remember certain Biblical laws, which ordinarily are not thought of in connection with national and international events. For instance, "whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." This is taught as a law of Christ. Is this law really binding upon you? Is it binding upon men individually and collectively? Is it true that if we sow seeds ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Unveiling the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: The Christ
- ... We realize that whatever of good comes to us is the direct result of our own understanding of the nature of our own being. Our understanding of spiritual life unfolds in proportion to our receptivity to Truth, not praying up to God, but letting God unfold and reveal Itself to us. This is the higher concept of prayer. It is achieved as we take a few minutes now and then during the day and evening to meditate, commune, listen. In quietness, we become a state of receptivity which opens the way for us to feel or become aware of the very presence of God. This feel, or awareness, is the activity of God, Truth, in our consciousness - it is the Christ, the Reality of us. Ordinarily we live in a world of sense and concern ourselves only with the objects of sense. This gives us our experiences of good and evil, pain and pleasure. As we, through our study and meditation, turn more to the mental side of life, we find that we develop higher thoughts and, therefore, we experience better conditions. As our mental qualities become more refined and we take on more patience, kindness, charitableness, and forgiveness, our human experiences reflect these qualities back to us. But let us not stop there. Higher even than the plane of body and mind, there is the realm of Soul, the kingdom of God. Here we find the reality of our being, our divine nature - not that body and mind are separate or apart from Soul, but that Soul is the deepest recess of our being. In the realm of Soul, we find complete tranquility, absolute peace, harmony, and dominion. Here we find neither good nor evil, pain nor pleasure - only the joy of being. We are in the world, but not of it because we no longer see the world of sense as it appears to be but, having awakened our spiritual sense, we "see him as he is" - we see through appearances to the Real. Heretofore, we have sought our happiness in the objective universe, in person, place, or thing. Now, through spiritual sense, Soul-sense, the whole world tends to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Infinite Way_ The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 10, Spiritual Existence
- ... I think that is why I use the term spiritual integrity so much. We can do many things humanly that may not seem right to the world; but when we are on the spiritual path, it is then necessary to live up to our highest unfoldment, our highest developed sense of spiritual good. Then we do not have to fear what mortal man can do to us; we do not have to fear the past, the present, or the future. Here, too, our history as human beings may not always conform to our spiritual heritage. Therefore, let us learn not to judge according to appearances. Let us not be too concerned about each other's human history. We come out of varying backgrounds of sin or purity, disease or health, and ignorance or wisdom. But though the sin be as scarlet, it will be white as snow once we touch the spiritual level of consciousness. One of the great sins of organization is that often after it accepts an individual in Christ, it then proceeds to ferret out his past and sit in judgment upon him. Instead of working through a sense of forgiveness and understanding, it still applies the same code of human conduct or human punishment or human action as before. Even on this spiritual path, we make human mistakes. It has been done over and over again in the Protestant ministry, in the Catholic ministry, in the Hebrew ministry. And we all know that in the metaphysical ministry people well along the path have been subject to temptation and have fallen. So let us not adopt the attitude of the world-criticism, judgment, or condemnation. Rather let us see if we cannot work together, and with our enlightenment lift each other up so as to make it impossible for any one to fall by the wayside again. In other words, even though there is a sense of humanness among us, let us not judge humanly. Let us not act as the human world acts. Let us not work from the standpoint of expulsion or ostracism. Let us rather take the attitude that we are all one; and, therefore, our purpose is upliftment, not punishment, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 10, Spiritual Existence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Development
- ... The sky is not sitting on the mountain, and the illusion is not "out there" where it seems to be, but is your false sense of what you are beholding. You cannot get rid of the illusion; you must understand it as illusion, and see through it to ever-prevent Reality. Understand that all that appears is God- appearing, despite the illusory sense of it you may be momentarily entertaining, and even the illusion will be dispelled. Error is never personal. You must therefore never condemn a person, but see the error as impersonal, a part of universal mesmerism and no part of any individual. In this impersonalizing of error, you dispel it. One of the great laws of the Bible is, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." (Matt. 5:44). Your understanding of the prayer of forgiveness is that it is the realization of oneness. To know that that which is appearing, as persecutor, hater, enemy in any form, is really the Christ itself, which finite sense has misinterpreted, will free you of any evil effects of hate, persecution and enmity. Never forget that there is in reality no sick person to heal, neither a sinner to reform - only the Christ-presence to be spiritually discerned. This is the true law of forgiveness. Thus we pray for our enemies. There is a prevalent belief that the thought of certain individuals or groups can harm you. You cannot be made to suffer from any belief other than your own acceptance of a selfhood apart from God. Those who entertain a belief in two minds or in a life that can be impaired or ended, or in a selfhood apart from God, suffer from that belief in proportion as the belief is accepted. This, too, can be healed in a moment by relinquishing the belief in two powers, and the belief in more than one Presence. The purpose of your study is, first, the improvement of humanhood - the improvement of health, wealth, harmony, companionship, home and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ture_ Spiritual Development.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:18- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XII, For He Is Thy Life
- CHAPTER XII FOR HE IS THY LIFE For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. EZEKIEL 18:32 . . . for He is thy life, and the length of thy days. . . DEUTERONOMY 30:20 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. JOHN 14:2 He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. JOHN 6:47 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son and believeth on him, may have everlasting life. . . . JOHN 6:40 Immortality is the realization of our true identity as God-being, an identity without beginning and without end, eternal and everlasting: It is a recognition of God as the Father and God as the Son. To those on the spiritual path, this is not a new idea. It is the foundation stone upon which rests every great spiritual teaching known to man. But the essence of this teaching has been buried in the prevalent concepts of immortality as a Methuselah-plus existence in this world, or as an eternal existence of bliss after death. The first is merely a gilded notion of longevity. The second is based upon the faulty premise that death is a part of God's creation, whereas the Master clearly stated, "The last enemy that shall be overcome is death." It is true that, at some time or other, we all pass from human sight. Each, in his own time, will leave this plane of consciousness. Those who have no knowledge of God and their relationship to God may be forced out of their bodies by disease, accident, or old age; but those with a right understanding of God will make the transition without struggle, pain, or infirmity. All eventually will leave this plane. "In my Father's house are many mansions." We pass from infancy to childhood, childhood to adolescence, and adolescence to maturity-each state of consciousness, one of God's many mansions. Those who accept the transition from one state of consciousness to another as an activity of God, not looking back in a vain ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, For He Is Thy Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 27, Malpractice
- ~ 27 ~ MALPRACTICE I want to digress today in order to clear up a couple of misunderstandings, which are continually causing difficulties to working Scientists. There is a very prevalent belief that hate, envy, jealousy, etc., coming at us through the thoughts of others, can cause physical distress, sickness, or even death. In other words, it is believed that the evil thoughts of others can adversely affect us. It must be thoroughly understood that this is not so. Thoughts of others, even when directed at us, ignorantly or maliciously, have no power to harm us. Nothing from without can enter that "defileth, . . . or maketh a lie." "Christian Science translates mind, God, to mortals. It is the infinite calculus defining the line, plane, space, and fourth dimension of spirit. It absolutely refutes the amalgamation, transmigration, absorption, or annihilation of individuality. It shows the impossibility of transmitting human ills, or evil, from one individual to another; that all true thoughts revolve in God's orbits; they come from God and return to him,-and untruths belong not to his creation, therefore these are null and void." 1 "What can there be besides infinity? Nothing! Therefore the Science of Good calls evil nothing. Here is where Christian Science sticks to its text and other systems of religion abandon their own logic. Here also is found the pith of the basal statement, the cardinal point in Christian Science, that matter and evil (including all inharmony, sin, disease, death) are unreal." 2 "What is the cardinal point of the difference in my metaphysical system? This: that by knowing the unreality of disease, sin, and death, you demonstrate the allness of God. This difference wholly separates my system from all others. The reality of these so- called existences I deny, because they are not to be found in God, and this system is built on Him as the sole cause." 3 "Animal magnetism, hypnotism, etc., are disarmed by the practitioner who excludes from his own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 27, Malpractice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 83K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 9, The New Dimension
- ~ 9 ~ THE NEW DIMENSION The human scene continues to unfold day by day, as it has throughout all the days of the past. There is always the temptation to hope that things will be different tomorrow. But left to itself, one day will follow another as days always have. The human scene is a state of inertia; it continues being whatever it is now, usually along the same lines. Nothing will be different tomorrow from what it is today, or from what it has been in the past until a new note is brought into the picture. "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 1 . . . I came not to send peace, but a sword." 2 Up to now, what has been said is gentle and sweet, and good-tasting. Now comes the part that makes the "belly bitter" 3 : the living of this truth. This demands sacrifice and great effort. It will not be too difficult for you to remember the truth that you and the Father are one and all that the Father has is yours: the difficulty comes in living it, and it is only in the living of it that it can be demonstrated. Declaring, "I and my Father are one," 4 or declaring your sonship will be of little help to you. You must assume your obligation as a "son." Part of the responsibility entailed in that relationship lies in your readiness and willingness to leave your "nets" in the sense of stopping your search for health and supply and to rest in the conscious awareness of these as divine gifts already established within your being, even though momentarily not visible outwardly. This means no longer voicing truth, but living the truth of your identity, being willing to be called upon to heal or feed the multitudes. Can you do it? You can, if you realize, "I of my own self cannot do it, but by virtue of my divine sonship, I can. All that the Father has is mine: the gift of healing, the infinity of supply, the joy of sharing and the joy of giving, the wisdom of not bearing resentment, anger, malice, and jealousy." That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 9, The New Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents