Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 7, The Power to Become the Son of God
- ~ 7 ~ THE POWER TO BECOME THE SON OF GOD Life is a matter of individual demonstration. Hundreds of persons may be exposed to the same truth, but only a few will benefit from it. The words each person reads may be the same, and the consciousness back of those words the same, but the difference lies in individual receptivity and individual responsiveness to the spiritual word. The benefit derived by any person results by virtue of some active receptivity within him. Those of you who have had experience in the healing work must realize this. If ten patients come into your orbit in a single day and you give the same degree of integrity to each one, the same understanding, consciousness, and faithfulness in treatment, one of them may receive an instantaneous healing; three, very quick healing; three, long drawn out and protracted healing; and others, no healing. Why is that? In every case, the treatment was equally able and faithful, so what is the difference? The difference is in the degree of spiritual receptivity in the consciousness of the person who is seeking your help. He may have it in great or slight degree, or he may have no spiritual receptivity whatsoever. That is no reason for criticism or praise because no one is responsible for the degree of his receptivity or spiritual integrity. That is a matter over which he has no control. Some people have come into this world more spiritually blessed and more spiritually receptive than others, whereas some have come into this world more materialistically inclined, and they, therefore, will have a greater struggle developing the necessary spiritual receptivity and responsiveness. When a practitioner begins to work with a patient or student, it is not possible to know whether he will have an instantaneous or a slow healing because the practitioner does not know the factors that are involved. He does not know what there is in the patient's consciousness that may be blocking the message or preventing the spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er to Become the Son of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Sense of Truth
- SPIRITUAL SENSE OF TRUTH Psm. 127:1 - "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. " REGARDLESS OF the human effort we put into any enterprise, if it is not backed by spiritual awareness, all we can expect from it is limited fruitage. There is a vast difference between statements of truth and Truth itself. A statement of truth is what you declare; Truth itself is what is imparted to you from within your being. Statements of truth are read in books; Truth itself is what you discern between the lines. Shankara, probably 800 B.C., wrote: "If the supreme truth remains unknown, the study of scripture is fruitless; the study of the letter alone is useless; the Spirit must be sought out by intuition." The human mind claims to be a builder, to be a power, claims that it can do things for us. For generations the world has gone on trying to build humanly, and all it has accomplished is limitation. To insure the safety, security and prosperity of our existence, we have to come into the consciousness - the conscious awareness - of the presence of God. Without this awareness, it is just as erroneous to make statements like, "God will help me; God is everpresent and does help me," as it is to forget to make those statements. The statements themselves have no power. The human mind making such statements does not even believe in them. There must be an actual awareness of the presence of God. This must be felt within your own being. "I can of mine own self do nothing" is as high a declaration as can be made. It shows forth the absolute nothingness of even a great man like Jesus. "My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me"-"The Father within me, He doeth the works"-"Except the Lord build the house"-there must be an actual consciousness of the presence of this infinite divine spiritual Power acting within or really as your being. In Acts 1:21 to 26, we come to a place where Judas has committed suicide and a successor is going to be appointed to fill his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e_ Spiritual Sense of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 2, Remolding Consciousness
- Chapter Two Remolding Consciousness When the first railroad trains ran from New York to Philadelphia, their speed was about twenty-five miles an hour. In one of the medical journals of that day, a doctor wrote that traveling at such a speed should be stopped by legislation because the human body could not tolerate a speed of over twenty-two miles an hour and, by continuing such a practice, our population would be killed off. As short a time ago as in my boyhood days, Barney Oldfield made his reputation as a daredevil racing driver by driving an automobile at fifty-five to sixty miles an hour. Recently we have broken through to another dimension where it is taken for granted that men can fly three times around the earth in an afternoon. Each one of these steps involved a change of consciousness, first on the part of those who had the vision to go into uncharted areas of consciousness relative to time and space, and then on the part of the entire public in being able to follow them. We were born into a state of consciousness that accepted two powers, that accepted evil as a power and good as a power, and we have become accustomed to the idea that evil is considerably more powerful than good. We are not nearly as expectant of being healed as we are of being sick. We are not nearly as expectant of prosperity as we are of long periods of lack of prosperity. We tend to succumb to the belief that prosperity is too good to be true. What is too good to be true? That good should be greater than evil? Does this seem too good to be true? Through the newly-discovered mental sciences, there have been numerous proofs in this century that good is more powerful than evil. There probably are a million or more people in the world who believe that good is more powerful than evil and that good can overcome evil. Hardly had this state of consciousness been reached when along came the Infinite Way which teaches that we must leave behind the belief that good is more powerful than evil. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Remolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 8, Prayer
- ~ 8 ~ PRAYER The essence of our work is that God is. We all talk about God; we think about God; we pray to God. When we realize that God is not to be prayed to, we begin to see why the talking about God is so useless, and why much of our thinking about God is fruitless. The first point that becomes clear when we see that God is, is that God is not to be prayed to. If only we understood Mrs. Eddy, we would have known this long ago. Listen to her words: "God is not moved by the breath of praise to do more than he has already done, nor can the infinite do less than bestow all good, since He is unchanging wisdom and Love." 1 "God is love. Can we ask him to be more? God is intelligence. Can we inform the infinite Mind of anything He does not already comprehend?" 2 "Asking God to be God is vain repetition. God is 'the same yesterday and today and forever;' and He who is immutably right will do right without being reminded of His province." 3 "Who would stand before a blackboard, and pray the principle of mathematics to solve the problem?" 4 Then, the first step in progress is when we learn not to ask or pray to God, or expect something from him. The next step is learning to turn to the kingdom within you, which is the kingdom of God, not for something, but in recognition of the present perfection and harmony of all which God governs. And he governs all reality. Also, we learn in Science that there is no evil in any person, place, or thing, but that the evil is in the universal concept of person, place, or thing. Knowing that there is no evil in any circumstance or condition frees us from ill effects that might come from the belief in evil. While it is spiritual sense that meets every so-called human problem, it is nevertheless true that a conscious awareness of the truth of being results in harmony that never forsakes us, and which we consciously experience. Therefore, we must "know the truth" in order for the "truth to make us free" from those things that seem to mar or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ly Years_ Chapter 8, Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:42- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: The Ever Present Christ
- The Ever Present Christ There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and it does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you; you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er_ The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 17, The Ever Present Christ
- ~ 17 ~ THE EVER PRESENT CHRIST There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and It does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you: you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...17, The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXI, There Remaineth a Rest
- CHAPTER XXXI "THERE REMAINETH A REST" Of old it was taught that there should be one day of Sabbath each week, a day devoted to worshiping God and living in His word. In order to be immersed in the Spirit, this Sabbath was to be kept entirely free of all worldly cares and worries. The mystical meaning of Sabbath is a resting from power. All through the year and throughout our entire life, we resort to material and mental forces and powers, and the period in which we rest from the use of these forces, thereby experiencing the spiritual Presence, is in reality the only Sabbath there is. Ideally, there should be at least one entire day in the week set aside for such rest, but because of family duties and professional responsibilities that is often well-nigh impossible. Everyone can have a Sabbath during the day or night, however, even if it is only in ten-, fifteen-, or twenty-minute periods. Then, when an occasional day comes along completely free, there is the opportunity of living with the Bible and other spiritual writings, living in meditation, and thus experiencing a full and complete day of spiritual refreshment. A Sabbath is only truly a Sabbath if we do not permit the human world to come into that period. We must have one purpose alone: to seek the realization of His presence, His power, and His grace. When we emerge from these periods, usually we find that the "things" are added unto us: whatever knowledge we need to carry on our business, whatever physical strength or moral support. In The Infinite Way no provision is made for specific Sabbath periods such as any one day of the week or any one hour of the day, nor for rest homes, churches, monasteries, or retreats. In the light of spiritual revelation the Sabbath is not so much a specific day of the week as it is a specific state of consciousness. Any day of the week-Saturday, Sunday, Monday-any day can be a Sabbath. This very hour can be our spiritual Sabbath, and again tomorrow morning at six o'clock, if we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...XXI, There Remaineth a Rest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 2, Teacher & Student
- ... It has nothing to do with today. Today our consciousness is unfolding and disclosing itself in every new way, in every new form, and always increasing abundantly. This subject of God is an infinite one. We will come back to it over and over again, because it is the next most important part of our work. Without the knowledge of God, we would have no knowledge of the effect of God, which is our universe. I want to teach on living this Christ. In the Bible we have certain laws. We have known them mostly as quotations, without taking them seriously as something to be lived. But one of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for one's enemies. You may take that very seriously, because it is a proven law. The idea of forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being and remembering the terrible offense he committed against us and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. The virtue lies in the ability to see through the human to the divinity of his being, realizing that in the divinity of his being there has never been an occasion for error of any nature. It is as if he were asking us for help and we would have to behold him as he really is-a spiritual being. Without their asking for help, we are called on every day to look upon those toward whom we have any negative feeling, and develop this act of forgiveness, which means to turn to the Christ of our own being and there know that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal and all that appears as a mortal is the Christ itself, incorrectly seen. That ability to forgive is one of the greatest laws of the Bible. Praying for our enemies is the same idea. It does not mean we are to believe that the other fellow can shoot us first; it means the ability to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing to do with it at all. We are dealing with the reality of being. In Spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Teacher & Student.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 6, The Light Breaking Through
- ~ 6 ~ THE LIGHT BREAKING THROUGH Primal, original Consciousness is pure, infinite, harmonious, and all-good; and this is the consciousness of individual being. When we cut ourselves off or are cut off from that infinite divine Consciousness and come to have a mind and a life of our own, separate from God, we are no longer under the law of God. Life then becomes a matter of chance, a statistic: sometimes good and sometimes evil, but more often evil than good. The only hope for a restoration to harmony is to return to the Father's house and be united again consciously with God. Fortunately, this does not depend upon us. It is not our human efforts that bring us back to God. It is the grace of God breaking through. I hope that none of us will ever think that we brought ourselves to a spiritual teaching or that we are responsible for remaining on the spiritual path or for any spiritual progress in our life. This would destroy all our chances for real progress. If we think of the millions of people on earth who from almost any standpoint are as good or better than we are and who are not on the Path, but are surely entitled to be on the spiritual path as much as we are, it must be clear that we have not come this far because we deserve it or because we have chosen God. To believe that we of ourselves have chosen a spiritual pathway would be egotism in its final stage. No, God has chosen us. The finger of God has touched us, not because we have earned it, deserved it, or are better than the rest of mankind, but for reasons which go back long before our present experience on earth, reasons that have to do with evolving consciousness which always comes to fruition in its own time. "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you. . . . I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." 1 As we evolve from state to state of consciousness, at last we return to where we were in the beginning with all the glory we had with God before the human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Light Breaking Through.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 87K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 8, Three Principles of Healing
- CHAPTER 8 THREE PRINCIPLES OF HEALING There are three specific principles of The Infinite Way that we are to apply in meeting the problems of our everyday living. They also constitute the healing principles of The Infinite Way. Probably the most important principle in the message of The Infinite Way is that we never use God for any purpose. We never use God nor do we use Truth to overcome sin, disease, or death. On the contrary, in The Infinite Way we seek to become the instruments of Truth. We open ourselves so that we may be used by God, by Truth. In other words, we seek to become the instruments through which God may manifest Itself as our individual being and live Its life as us to guide, direct, govern, sustain, maintain, support, and supply. God Uses Us to Heal When we in our silence and stillness become in body and mind the instrument of God-the Infinite Love, the Infinite Wisdom, the Infinite Life-It can manifest Itself as us and perform Its functions through us. God or Truth can use us and can manifest Itself through us as healings if we have chosen the healing profession, as inventions if we are inventors, as music if we are composers, and so forth. Since God is Omniscience (Infinite Wisdom), all emanations are of God, whether they appear as engineering designs, scientific discoveries, literary works, or art works. Whatever form they take, they must be emanations of God since He is Infinite Wisdom and we are merely the instruments through which the Infinite Wisdom is manifested. Therefore our approach to life is not learning how to use Truth or God, but how to be so receptive and responsive to the Divine Impulse that Truth can use us. Life can flow through us as our life, and Wisdom can flow through us as our wisdom. But it is not ours; it is God's. God Is the Only Power Afflictions, discords, diseases, and inharmonies exist in the human experience because of our ignorance of the basic Truth that God alone is Power. It is a universal ignorance, which takes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Three Principles of Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 102K
Find Similar Documents