A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter IV, The Journey Within
- CHAPTER IV THE JOURNEY WITHIN The person who is one with God is merely the transparency through which God is living Its life: he does not have a life of his own, a mind of his own, or even a body of his own. His body is the temple of God, and his mind is the instrument of God, the mind which was also in Christ Jesus. That mind can be attained only in silence, not with words or with thoughts, although words and thoughts may be used as a preliminary step in what we know as meditation, which plays a vitally important part in the development of our spiritual life. Without the practice of meditation, a spiritual teaching, whether pursued under the guidance of a personal teacher or through the study of books, descends to a purely mental exercise. Spiritual unfoldment cannot come that way. It is meditation that makes a teaching come alive, because meditation is the connecting link between our outer life and our inner Self, which is God. It is true that in the first stage of our spiritual life the only way we can fill our consciousness with truth is through the mind. That is why in The Infinite Way we do not seek to stop the operation of the mind; we never tell anyone to stop thinking, to make any effort to stop thought, or to try to destroy the thinking mind because the mind is the gateway through which truth finds entrance to our consciousness. The mind is the instrument through which we can become aware of the spiritual wisdom of the ages-Scripture and spiritual literature and teachings. It is through the mind that we discipline the body and that we seek to discipline our thoughts; it is the mind that keeps itself stayed on God; it is with the mind that we think spiritual thoughts; it is with the mind that we ponder the deep things of the Spirit. This pondering, these thoughts and words, we call contemplative meditation. The words may be spoken or they may be thought, but they are only a step leading to meditation itself. Since it is almost impossible for most of us to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter IV, The Journey Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 119K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 10, The New Dispensation
- Chapter Ten The New Dispensation The only place man has to go for anything is to the consciousness of his own being. The reason is that God is consciousness, infinite consciousness, and that Consciousness is the consciousness of individual man: yours and mine, saint and sinner, anywhere, any time. Some few have learned to go to the kingdom of God within themselves, not for things but for spiritual grace, for the things of God, for the kingdom of God. And they have found their peace, not the peace found in the things of the world or the peace that you can find on earth. The Infinite Way has revealed that God is consciousness, that Consciousness is the substance of all form, and that this infinite consciousness is your individual consciousness. You do not have a piece of It: you have all of It. The fact that you do not draw forth all of It means that you draw forth only enough to satisfy your immediate needs. Meditation Reveals Infinity When you know this, you will understand why meditation as taught in the Infinite Way will have to be introduced to the peoples of the Eastern World. It is true that meditation has always been a way of life in the East but the people there have not known the function of meditation. Most of them do not know that God constitutes individual consciousness and that the purpose of meditation is to go within to open out a way for Infinity to flow forth from within, and that it must not be looked upon as merely a religious practice or discipline. It must be looked upon as the most practical step toward harmony. If you are ever to know mental, physical, spiritual, economic harmony and freedom, even political freedom, you will know it only by drawing it forth from within your own consciousness. You must not think for a minute that there is going to be a government of men anywhere that will be dedicated solely to the interests of the people of the world so that they will receive abundance, equality, justice, and peace on earth. True, there will be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 10, The New Dispensation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 5, Living the Mystical Life
- CHAPTER 5 LIVING THE MYSTICAL LIFE The goal of the mystical life is for us to become beholders of God in action, where we ascribe nothing to ourselves-not even good motives. We no longer have desires. We no longer have needs because every need seems to be met before we are even aware of a need. This is called "living by Grace," but you can live fully by Grace only as that selfhood that has a desire, a hope, an ambition disappears. Then life is lived entirely by Grace, because It functions to its end, not yours or mine. You see, if I prayed for something, it would mean I have a desire, an end, an object in life that I am seeking. But I have nothing to pray for. I have only this minute to live, this minute in which I must be fulfilled by the Spirit. If I have a tomorrow, it will be the same life, no matter whether it takes place here or in California, South Africa, or England. I will be there not because I desire to be there, but because I am sent. I do not desire to be any place except where I am sent. In that degree of desirelessness, selflessness, or unselfedness is the mystical life lived. That is what the mystical life is-attaining that degree of desirelessness in which every day you find yourself not wondering about tomorrow, because there is no tomorrow for you; there is only a tomorrow for God. Even when God is living your life, God is a mystery. Who can fathom God? It is useless to try to fathom God with the mind. This takes us back to the beginning of this lesson of going beyond mind and thought. When someone asks me for help, the first thing I do is stop thinking. I think no thoughts of Truth. I merely listen and let the Presence and Power of God through. The moment I try to think a thought, even of Truth or of The Infinite Way, I am trying to make thought a power, I am trying to make a statement of Truth a power. No statement or thought of Truth is God-power. Only God is God-power. So if you want God, be still and let God function. Otherwise, you are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, Living the Mystical Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1957, Supply
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Supply THERE is one aspect of the subject of spiritual living and spiritual healing, which puzzles every beginner in the work. Not only does it confuse the beginner, but it perplexes many people who have made some strides upon the spiritual path; and yet it is a subject which never enters the thought of those who are well advanced in spiritual awareness. That subject is supply. It puzzles everyone in the beginning, because not only is it a difficult subject to understand, but it is also difficult to see how it is related to the spiritual life. Supply is something the beginner is often overly eager to demonstrate, or, through lack of understanding, refuses to think about because to him it is not spiritual, and, therefore, unworthy of consideration by a serious student on the spiritual path. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. As a matter of fact, there is no higher subject in the whole kingdom of heaven, nor one more closely related to the entire spiritual life than that of supply. Sometimes, as the student progresses in his study and work, he tends to push the subject of supply away from him because now it would appear that his mind ought to be on something higher, something more noble, something more spiritual. For the student who is far along on the spiritual path, supply is no longer a matter of concern, because with an understanding of the subject comes a knowledge of what it is. It has become so much a part of consciousness that it requires no conscious thought. The beginner is confused about this subject because he believes that supply consists of money, property, investments, or business. These things are not supply: They are the products of supply; they are the visible evidence of supply-the out- picturing of supply. Supply is a spiritual subject, a deeply spiritual subject; it is the most spiritual subject you will ever encounter, because supply is the realization of God. It is an activity of truth which takes place ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ysticism_ July 1957, Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 158K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 12, The Power & Dominion
- ~ 12 ~ THE POWER AND DOMINION THERE ARE TWO WORLDS: there is the world of the man of earth, who is not under the law of God; and then there is the world of the son of God, the world of the spiritual universe in which life is lived not by taking thought, but by divine Grace. While we already know about this outer world, we do not yet know enough about the life by Grace. God gave us dominion over everything there is between the skies and the bottom of the sea. But bit by bit, we have surrendered our dominion and become prodigal sons. We have turned our back on the kingdom of God and lived in a material sense of world made up of human beings, groveling at the feet of some unknown God, praying for crumbs, when all the time the true God in the midst of us made us heirs of the entire kingdom. In the recognition of our divine sonship, we must once again accept our dominion, and this means that we create our own world. The world does not create conditions for us; people do not create conditions for us. We are not the victims of politics, of war or dictators, of circumstances or conditions; we are not the victims of sin or disease: we are the victims of what we, ourselves, have created. Never again must we give dominion to man or circumstances, but henceforth, we must live under the laws revealed to us by the Master Christian. LIFE MORE ABUNDANT "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 1 The word "I" used in that statement does not mean Jesus. It does not mean your teacher or practitioner. This I is your very Self, the savior and redeemer at the center of your being, and therefore, you dare not go to God even for supply because you already have I, the Spirit of God, in the midst of you. "I am the resurrection." 2 This truth would be of no avail to you if it applied only to Jesus. The truth is that the power of resurrection-the resurrection of your body, of your health, your wealth, your marriage, your home, or your family-is within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, The Power & Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 6, Bringing Grace into Active Expression
- ... I will dwell in the Word, and let the Word dwell in me. All this must become a part of our consciousness, but in addition to that we have the obligation of adhering to the pattern given us by the Master by which we mold our lives in order to maintain the spiritual life. First of all, we must pray for forgiveness of our own sins. There is no one on this earth so righteous that he is not daily sinning against the Holy Ghost. Every time that we bear false witness against a neighbor, every time we indulge our hate, fear, jealousy, animosity, bigotry, or bias, we are sinning. Sins are not just those major offenses against society and individuals that most people have overcome before they enter the spiritual life, but sin is something that normally we do not even consider as sin. It is necessary, therefore, that we pray frequently and seriously to be forgiven those sins of omission and commission that may be soiling us and keeping us from being a transparency, those bits of darkness that accumulate and withhold the light. The second step is to engage in these periods of forgiveness for the dictators of the world, and especially for those who would personally harm us-persecute, lie, or cheat-realizing that it is but the carnal mind and that it exists only as the "arm of flesh" and is without power. Let us make sure that we are living in an atmosphere of continuous love and forgiveness, and even though we may thoughtlessly indulge at times in resentment or animosity, let us retire quickly into the silence and begin a period of self-forgiveness as well as forgiveness of all others. Life was not meant for the glorification of ourselves. We do not have the right to seek things for our self or for our personal glory. We must show forth the glory of God in service to man. We cannot live unto ourselves, or for ourselves. The wonderful things of life that are given to us-and they do come bountifully, abundantly, joyously-come not for us, but that God's grace may be witnessed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...race into Active Expression.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Now remember that everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body. They are faced with the belief of physical supply. And right now, they are being faced with the belief of atomic bombs and rumors of wars. In the human picture there is no way of avoiding those experiences or of rising above them. The only way is the spiritual way, and the spiritual way is that way where the Christ becomes the reality of our being! And when we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, the sum total of all creation, then we are fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Jesus Christ-the law of forgiveness. There is no greater law than that of forgiveness. Remember, love God with all thy might and love your neighbor as yourself. That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, every plant! And there is no way you can love them while holding them in condemnation. In this meditation, then, see and understand that God is the life, soul, mind, not only of friends, but of all so-called enemies. And, in that way, you will eliminate all enemies. Jesus said to Pilate, "Thou canst have no power over me, unless it came from the Father in heaven." 8 That is our answer to enemies or enmity of every form whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack. Some of you who heard me in January will remember how many times I stressed this fact: that this law of forgiving, this law of forgiveness, is the real law of demonstration. This ability to see God as the mind, the life and soul of enemies as well as of friends. Why? Because not only in the Old Testament, but all the way through the teachings of Jesus, we have this reminder-the first commandment is the secret of life. Only one God, only one life; the life of every one of us; the life of our so-called enemies. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind of what we call enemies! Only one God, and only one creation-and all spiritual! In that meditation, can you not see that as long as your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 12, Fulfillment of Spiritual Identity through Meditation, Contemplation, and Communion
- ... From the time any leader, prophet, saint, or seer in the Old Testament attained God-awareness, he lived a charmed life, a life that really demonstrated the omnipresence of good. It is not only evident that the Master's health seems to have been perfect, but his consciousness was a sanctuary into which others could come and find healing, food, supply, peace, and forgiveness. What would it not mean to those of us carrying around some burden of guilt for some act of omission or commission, if we could be led into the consciousness of an individual and there find forgiveness and the consequent peace that would come upon us? Some of us have found such persons in the ministry of the church, the metaphysical ministry, or the mystical ministry and, just by being in their presence, they have conferred upon us a feeling of peace, a feeling of noncondemnation, noncriticism, forgiveness, healing, and comforting. The Christ-Peace Cannot Be Found in Those Seeking the Peace Only the World Can Give The goal is that you and I attain Christ-consciousness, thereby bringing to ourselves the Christ-peace, the Christ-health, the Christ-wholeness, the Christ- forgiveness, the Christ-joy, and then, by virtue of our attainment, our very consciousness becomes a sanctuary into which we draw our family, our friends, our neighbors, and all those who are receptive. Everyone who touches our ... Therefore, for the world there is no safety or security in God except in proportion as the Christ is recognized as the consciousness of man and as man begins to live the Christ-life. It is not sufficient to know that the Christ functions through love: it is necessary that we adopt love as a way of life, and that means living the life of constant forgiveness, the life of praying for our enemies, the life of praying for those who persecute us, the life of benevolence at every level of consciousness-not only helping our fellow man financially, but more especially through prayer and communion. If we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ontemplation, and Communion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 1, Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude
- Chapter One Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude Everybody is seeking a way out of human limitation, human failure, and human conditions, all the difficulties of human life. We, that is, those who have any degree of social awareness or social sensitivity are not only seeking a way out of lack and limitation for ourselves; we are seeking a way out of lack and limitation for all the nations that do not have abundance. We are not only seeking a way out of ill health for ourselves, we are seeking to find health and harmony for all the peoples of the world. We are not only seeking to find peace in our individual lives, we are also seeking to find peace for all peoples on the face of the earth. When I say, "we," I am speaking of all of us, in this work or out, in orthodox religions or unorthodox religions, and of those who have no religion. Every thinking person is seeking a way out of human difficulties and out of human limitation, not only for themselves, but for all the world. This concern has been going on for many, many centuries, and the wonder is that in all these centuries a way has not been found to take us out of these difficulties, these problems, and these human miseries. When we look around to investigate what means are being used to overcome world difficulties, we find that these means are usually on a material level. We have been trying to meet the needs of the world by means of all the material resources of the universe, by means of invention, science, and discovery. It is a turning to whatever exists in the material realm. Attempts to Solve Problems by Supernatural Means There are a few who turn to some particular concept of God and fare no better than those who resort only to material means. We may wonder at that until through research we discover that when the world was sparsely populated with only a few native tribes here and there on different continents and islands, and living without any religion, as the problems of human living became acute and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...elf to a Spiritual Altitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 6, The Substance of all Good
- Chapter Six The Substance of All Good There is no possibility of attaining anything separate and apart from the substance of which it is formed. All attempts to produce anything in the outer realm without achieving the substance of the form must result in failure. So there is no abundance or prosperity to be achieved apart from the substance of abundance or prosperity. In all God's kingdom there is no such thing as demonstrating anything in the realm of effect. The only demonstration that can be made is in the realm of cause, and then that cause appears as effect. Home, supply, and transportation are effects of the one infinite substance, without which substance there could be no effect. The demonstration must begin within our own being, and that demonstration must take the form of achieving, acquiring, or attaining the consciousness of the presence of God. Seek the Substance Whether it is the abundance of health or wealth, that abundance can come in no other way than by demonstrating the substance of which health and wealth are formed. A consciousness of God's presence always appears outwardly in the forms necessary for our immediate fulfillment. The command is to "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 1 First of all, it is necessary to understand what the kingdom of God is and what is meant by that term. I learned that only through meditation could I gain that understanding, asking and seeking within the depths of my own being for the answer to that question. Out of that meditation came such explanations or synonyms as the realm of God, an awareness of God, or the consciousness of God. Through that, it dawned on me that the first thing I had to receive was a consciousness or an awareness of God. I had to penetrate through the appearance to the consciousness of God, and then, having achieved the awareness of God, all the things would be added. It is much like saying that if we understood the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Substance of all Good.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 122K
Find Similar Documents