God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 12, Good Unfolding as the Activity of Individual Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOOD UNFOLDING AS THE ACTIVITY OF INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS Let us begin to tie in the threads-these threads of consciousness-in order to form a strong cord of realization and understanding, and bring this down to practical application, in other words, have the Word become flesh. Our effort, our desire, our prayer, is to understand God. That means to understand infinity, eternality, and immortality. Since God is the subject of our work, of our understanding, and of our revelation, then infinity, immortality, and eternality must be the nature of its effect in our experience. It may not be that today or tomorrow or next week-or even next year-we shall demonstrate the fullness of God, the allness of God. But God is all; God is infinite, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient; and in the degree of our awareness of that, we will bring forth those quantities and qualities of allness. Just because we have not completed our demonstration of the ascension does not mean that we have not caught the vision of God. Having caught that vision of God, we can go forward with patience to that time when the allness of God is revealed in the experience of ascension above the whole world of belief. It was only during the final moments of Jesus' ministry that he could say, "I have overcome the world." 1 So it will only be in the moment of ascension, in the moment when the fullness of realization comes to us, that we, too, can say, "I have overcome the world." But that is no excuse on our part to delay the climb-the unfoldment or revelation. There is no excuse for us to wait until the day of retirement when we shall have more time, or until the day of death when we shall have still more time. Our day begins now. And if that day is followed each succeeding day with a continued unfoldment of consciousness, there will be no such thing as a day of death: There will be a continuous experience of unfolding good. All of you who have caught this vision of God as consciousness and of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Individual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 4, Overcoming Our Sense of Separation from God
- ... It has no more power to discriminate saint from sinner than the law of gravity can discriminate a one-dollar object from a thousand-dollar object. However, one cannot violate the law of God without producing discords-not because God withholds His Grace or because He is punishing the sinner, but because by violating the law of God we withhold ourselves from Grace. "Though your sins be scarlet, you are white as snow." The Master said to the thief on the cross, "I will take you into Paradise with me tonight." That was not a very long punishment for the crime, was it? Mary Magdalene's sins were forgiven as soon as she repented and indicated that her sins were behind her. Throughout the New Testament you will not find that Jesus ever held anyone in bondage for sinning. "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." Worse things befall you, not through God's punishing you, but because you reap what you sow. If you condemn yourself for a past fault-a sin of omission or commission- and believe that you are being punished for it, realize that the nature of God is Love and Forgiveness. God's memory of your sins is short. You are the only one bringing your past offenses to your consciousness. You cannot live yesterday. There are no yesterdays in your experience except the yesterdays you carry over in your memory. God is not doing it. You are. God Cannot Be Deceived Always remember that the Spirit is closer to you than breathing. You can't deceive It because It is your self, It is your intelligence, It is your wisdom, It is the very guiding instinct of your being. Therefore, you cannot steal something and think God will not see you. God is right at the center of your being, and the moment you violate a spiritual principle, you are out of tune with It. Acknowledge the Presence of God Many people near death or suffering from disease believe that in some way they have become separated from God. Then they struggle and strive to find God. That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ense of Separation from God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 3, When the Spirit of the Lord Is Upon Us
- ~ 3 ~ WHEN THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON US The goal of our journey on the spiritual path is to make the transition from being the man of earth who is not under the law of God to being that man who has his being in Christ, to leave behind that selfhood which is sometimes good and sometimes bad, sometimes sick and sometimes well, sometimes rich and sometimes poor, and to emerge into our divine state as a child of God. According to the Master, we are either branches that are one with the tree of Life or branches that are cut off from the tree. If we are branches that are cut off, we are withering and dying; but if we are connected with the trunk, then we are one with the entire tree and all that constitutes the tree, way down into the roots and coming up through the roots. We are at-one with all that is in the soil, with the sunshine and with the rain. Everything that seeps down into the soil comes up through the roots, feeds the whole tree, and then produces the fruitage. The Road Back to the Father's House Every problem with which we are faced stems from a separation from our Source, and until we are once again united with that Source, troubles are going to continue to recur in our minds and bodies. Both the mind and the body have to be fed. For centuries, it was considered sufficient if the body were fed and maintained with food, medicine, and fresh air; but in the last hundred years it has been discovered that we need something more than that, and so attempts have been made to teach people to fill their minds with thoughts of a positive nature on the assumption that the body would in turn respond to this constructive approach to life. But if we are not fed by the Spirit, all the material food we can put into our systems will not feed us properly, nor will all the mental food with which we fill the mind give us adequate nourishment. As human beings, we have no contact with our Soul, or Source, and it is only when we begin the practice of meditation that we find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...irit of the Lord Is Upon Us.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 140K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 1, Invisible Selfhood
- In other words, I, even as Jesus or even as Joel, am linked up with the invisible Selfhood so that the Selfhood of me is the Allness of me, and it is It which doeth the works. However, it is not an It out there, not an It up there; it is an It that is my very being. Therefore to come into the completeness, into the fulfillment, of the Christ experience is to know the nature of God aright-to know that you are not dealing with a figure that you have to beg from, plead with, worship, and fear; not one that you have to be afraid of, that you have to sacrifice to or for. Know this Truth: that you are dealing with Life itself, always in expression. You are dealing with pure Life, a Life-being that is too pure to hold you responsible for even the sins of omission or commission. Therefore release yourself from these complexes and realize that in the instant that you understand God as your true Being, you begin to purify your own consciousness so that the state of consciousness that enables you to do wrong no longer exists. In that there is the forgiveness, and only in that. While we have the capacity to repeat our sins, we are in the position the Master spoke of when He said, "Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." He recognized that even though He lifted up the sinner to a certain extent, they still had the capacity to go and sin again. They had not completely received the Mind that was in Christ Jesus, and that was a task that each individual had to do themselves. Any spiritual practitioner or teacher can forgive you your sins and release you from the penalty, but it only lasts a short time, because you still have the capacity to return to that same state of consciousness and to perform the same actions, or thoughts, or deeds. Dwell in this conscious realization of an indwelling Presence: "I can do all things through Christ"; "I can do all things through Christ which dwelleth in me. I can do all things through the indwelling Spirit." If it so be the Spirit ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Invisible Selfhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 9, God and Error
- CHAPTER 9 God and Error WHEN WE undertake the study of The Infinite Way, it must seem to be a difficult subject, one not easy to encompass. The reason is, we are always hitting up against more and more principles. Every time we read a book or every time we hear a tape, there are more principles and we wonder if we are ever going to get to the end of it. As a matter of fact, it is not quite that way. There are not many principles revealed in the message of The Infinite Way. What seems to make it so involved is that each principle requires so many different ways of hearing and reading before we actually attain the consciousness of it. For instance, one of the major principles of The Infinite Way is the nature of God. Now God, as revealed in The Infinite Way, is not to be found in the religious literature of the world. The God of The Infinite Way is a very strange God because it is a God that we cannot pray to for anything. This is because our God is not withholding anything, and if it is not withholding anything, it cannot give anything. So right there we find ourselves in trouble. That is all there is to that particular principle: there is no God to pray to for anything because God is not withholding anything. However, if you think that anyone can possibly understand that without a year or two or three of thinking of it in a hundred different ways, you are mistaken. You might today begin to think of the sun up in the sky and realize that the sun does not give anything. The sun is shining and it is manifesting both warmth and light. It is not giving it because it was not withholding it. It is an eternal state of being, of Isness. So you can see that to pray to the sun for light, for warmth, is nonsense! Eventually, you get to see that this is the Truth about God. God Is a state of infinite, divine Being. God Is always Being, and therefore there is no way to influence God to be more of God. Even God cannot withhold Its Godliness. Now another facet of God is that God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h_ Chapter 9, God and Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Metaphysical Healing
- METAPHYSICAL HEALING HEALINGS ARE always in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends his part in what follows until he acknowledges his so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being - the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, the Savior, or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much misknowledge of the truth about God, man, idea, and body, and this misknowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, "What is God?" and that answer is, "I AM." God is the mind and the life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal truth or principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not - and if you do not, there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle and therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the mind and life of the individual. God is the only I. Next comes the question, "What is man?" and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth, - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Way_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 7, Where the Spirit of the Lord Is There Is Liberty
- ... That is all that material existence consists of, a continuous catering to the little self. When we improve and become a little better, we begin being good to our mothers and fathers and children, and we really believe that that is being spiritual. By the time that we are able to be good to our cousins, nephews, and nieces, we really think we are good spiritual people. All of that is nonsense. "Pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; . . . For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?" 5 It profits a man nothing to be good to his parents, his children, his friends, even to his cousins and fellow Republicans or Democrats. It becomes a spiritual way of life when we can pray that God's grace illumine human consciousness, whether it be our friends or our enemies, our relatives or your relatives. It becomes a spiritual activity when we are willing for the sinners of the world to be forgiven their sins. Whether or not we can forgive them is of relative unimportance. What counts is that we be willing that God's forgiveness and God's grace touch them. The function of our meditation is, first of all, to purify ourselves of self: selfishness, self-righteousness, ego, jingoistic patriotism, all these things in which crimes are committed. Furthermore, our meditations are to eliminate or to dissipate personal sense in the patient or student who comes to us, to dissolve the grosser elements that make up material or human living. When these changes have taken place in consciousness so that we become softer, more mellow, less demanding, more forgiving, more generous, not merely in the sense of giving more dollars, but in the wider circle to which we give those dollars, the sins of the body, the diseases and the lacks of the body begin to disappear. It often does happen that a person comes to a spiritual healer for help and receives that help without any immediate sign of a change in his disposition or character taking place. Actually, that is not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Lord Is There Is Liberty.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 113K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XIX, Attaining Divine Sonship
- CHAPTER XIX ATTAINING DIVINE SONSHIP When we have encompassed the First and Second Degrees, a new dimension of life, an entirely different area of consciousness, opens up to us. In that moment there is something within us that is no longer a quotation, an affirmation, or a recalling of truth: it is an experience. We have entered the Third Degree, where we no longer live by the standards of this world, where the values are different, and life is governed not so much by what the outer law is as by what our inner integrity is. It is at this point that we pass from law to Grace. As human beings we live under man-made laws which continue to operate as long as we remain in ignorance, and until we are awakened, we are held in slavery to all kinds of mental and physical laws. As we come to an awareness of a spiritual Presence within us, we gradually become immune to these laws because as we pass into the third stage, the Presence lives our life, and It cannot be influenced, nor can It be acted upon by physical or mental laws: It is immune to them for they are only theories, superstitions, and the universal belief in two powers. In proportion as the son of God is raised up in us, these laws do not operate, and not only are we not receptive or responsive to them, but we aid in nullifying them for others who may come to us. When an immunity is developed to material and mental laws, we live in an entirely different world because then we do not have to take the law into consideration, nor do we have to be concerned about things. Having found the kingdom of God and dwelling in it, something else is taking over the responsibility for our entire experience. The government is on His shoulder, on this divine Son which in the Third Degree is now raised up in us. In our humanhood It was dormant; It stood by and could do nothing. Regardless of what wrong was done to us, we had to resign ourselves to it unless our human wisdom or strength could provide an escape for us, and in most cases ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...X, Attaining Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 97K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXVIII, The Tree of Life
- CHAPTER XXVIII THE TREE OF LIFE To understand the nature of the mystical way of life, and to understand it fully, we must first of all understand the underlying conflict that exists among human beings, the struggle between all men on the face of the earth. Even between husbands and wives, parents and children, there is conflict, and the conflict is always a battle for the supremacy of the ego. Each one wants to be something of himself, and that something enters into conflict with the something of the other self. So it is that throughout the human scene there has always been conflict. True, there is an appearance of peace, but as long as each one has a self of his own, he will be catering to that ego, trying to manifest, express, or benefit it. This poses the question: Is it possible for human beings to live together harmoniously, or must they live in constant warfare of one nature or another? None of the efforts made to bring about peace on earth and good will among men has ever been successful for any length of time, largely because these efforts have been based on attempting to unite people humanly, when for the most part they have no common interest. Some contend that in union there is strength, but this is a fallacy. Ever since time began, tribes have been uniting, countries have been uniting, and churches have been uniting, but so far no such union has brought about permanent strength. It lasts for a while, then some other combination arises and falls to make way for still another combination. There is no strength in any union founded by human beings, nor has one ever proved to be enduring. The only strength there is, is in spiritual union, but that in itself is a paradox. There cannot really be a spiritual union because there are not two to unite. There is only one Self, and as long as I recognize that the Selfhood of me is the Selfhood of you, I cannot be antagonistic toward you, but neither can I unite with you because there are not two of us: there is only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er XXVIII, The Tree of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 7, Concepts or Is?
- ~ 7 ~ CONCEPTS OR IS? IF I were to ask you what you think about the Bible, your opinion would most likely be different from the opinion of everyone else reading this book. There seems to be very little agreement on the subject of the Bible. But no matter what you or anyone else believes about it, it is what it is; and what it is no one really knows. If you had been asked a year ago about it and then again today and again a year from now, probably none of the three answers would agree because your concept of the Bible changes with the unfoldment of your consciousness. So, too, whatever you may be thinking about a person is wrong. I do not care what you are thinking. Whatever it is, it is wrong because what you are thinking represents your concept of that person at the moment; and that concept changes from moment to moment and from year to year. You must learn not to hate or fear your concept of life, whether it is a concept of humanity, of sin, or of disease, because it is only a concept. There is no real power in concepts. What you are considering as person is not person: it is a concept of a person. But that concept has no power. All power is in God. For example, whatever your concept of me may be, there is no power in it that can touch me. If you think I am good, it makes no difference to me. If you think I am bad, it makes no difference. Your thinking has no power over me. God maintains and sustains me, and I am not subject to anything but God. There is no life in your concept of me. Life is in me, not in your concept of me. It is much the same about everything you see, hear, touch, taste, or smell: you never really know what it is. A diamond may be beautiful and it may be valuable. Whatever beauty and value there is, however, is in the diamond, not in your opinion of it. You may think it is a rhinestone, but your thinking has not touched the value of the diamond. You have not changed it or its quality. You may think it is perfect, and it may be imperfect. You ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 7, Concepts or Is_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 120K
Find Similar Documents