Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 4, Flesh & Flesh
- ~ 4 ~ FLESH AND FLESH THERE are very few scriptural quotations or passages of spiritual wisdom that do not have a double meaning, the literal and the intuitive, spiritual, or mystical. Many words and statements in the Bible seem contradictory, although I doubt there is a real contradiction in the entire Bible. There may seem to be contradictions if statements are interpreted from the concept a person has of the word or even from the definition of the word the dictionary gives, but I have not come across any. Probably the most controversial word in Scripture is the word flesh, because in the Bible this word is used in two entirely different ways. Spirit, which is the original substance, is one form. It is the idea; and as it comes to us in our consciousness, it is the Word made flesh. When it becomes visible, it is the flesh that withers, the flesh we can enjoy today. But let us not hold on to the form tomorrow. Let us change our concept of being, body, or supply every day. Isaiah said, "All flesh is grass." 1 Jesus said, "The flesh profiteth nothing." 2 In the first chapter of John, it says, "And the Word was made flesh." 3 "The Word was made flesh" may be considered one of the major premises in the Master's teaching, just as it is a major premise in the teaching of The Infinite Way. The word of God within us becomes visible or tangible as expression: the Word becomes the son of God. In that sense, flesh must be taken as meaning spiritual form, activity, and reality. "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us": God became visible as man. God the Father became visible as the son, but no one will ever see that man with his eyes. That man we can behold only at the height of spiritual awareness. THE INVISIBLE WORD BECOMES TANGIBLE Spiritual healers bring out healing only in that second they behold spiritual man: the Word made flesh. Up to that moment of realization, meditation or treatment is only leading them to where the Word becomes flesh as spiritual man. A person ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 4, Flesh & Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 11, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 11 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN As you work and study and above all, as you meditate, you will find that the answers to most of the questions that may arise in your mind will be revealed to you in meditation. Entirely different from the knowledge gained through books is that which comes through unfoldment or revelation. A person to whom some spiritual truth has been revealed may be said to know that specific truth, at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment, but when he attempts to tell anyone else about it, it lacks the authority of first-hand revelation, unless it is imparted by an illumined consciousness, in which case it carries conviction. It is possibly not too broad a statement to say that the majority of the people of the world know practically nothing about the meaning of such apparent intangibles as God, Christ, Truth, Light, or Grace. The little that can be found in dictionaries and reference books is for the most part merely a faint tracing of a tremendously deep subject. Let us assume that we know little or nothing about the Christ. We do know this much, however, that the Christ is not a man; we know that the Christ is not a historical figure. We know that the Christ was not born at a particular time, in a particular country, or of a particular religion. We know that "before Abraham was, I am." 1 Before Abraham, the Christ is. Even unto the end of the world, the Christ is. The Christ is not a person, but rather a presence. But if anyone tried to heal somebody by means of that explanation he would very likely fail because such knowledge of the Christ would be merely in the realm of the intellect. Too much of truth is intellectually known; too little has been realized, and that is the reason for so many failures in healing. Our metaphysical study has convinced many of us intellectually that this is a spiritual universe and that all physical structure-good or bad, healthful or sick-is but an illusory sense of the ever-present harmonious reality. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 11, Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 138K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 1, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 1 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING PREACHING WITHOUT PRACTICE is one of the most deadly of sins, for we must practice what we preach. The first thing that we, as metaphysicians, preach is that without God there is nothing and we exemplify that with: "Except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it." 1 We do not use quotations in this work as quotations, and we must now break the habit of using them as such. You have heard people say, "I do not feel well." Then someone, maybe you, replied, "Oh, no! There is no illness." You did not mean it. You did not know it. They were sick insofar as their sense and yours were concerned. If you had had a consciousness of the truth that they were not sick, you would not have said a word, you would just have smiled. They would have said, "I Am well!" The same with the quotation, "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." A beautiful quotation, but it remains a quotation until you understand it. Here is what I mean by using quotations with understanding. We will start this class with that quotation: "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." Unless God is the mind of me there will be no truth expressing itself through or as me. Unless God is the mind of you, you will not even understand the truth that is being voiced. Since God is universal mind-since God is my only mind-the only thing that will be voiced in this room is truth expressing itself, God expressing and revealing itself. Since God is the mind of you, God will be revealing itself unto itself. Mind will be expressing its truth unto itself. Truth will not pass from me to you; it will not pass from God to you. The entire activity of truth will take place in the one Mind-the mind of me, which is the mind of you. Why is this the most important part of the entire teaching? Because I expect that from this moment on, every one of you will be called upon to do healing work. The first thing that you must remember is that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 5, 1963, The Nature of Spiritual Prayer
- THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL PRAYER August 5, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Center GOOD EVENING. In an age like the present one, which seems dedicated to destroying the value of the individual and turning him into a mass, a herd, a horde, and making the individual a nonentity, ours are activities dedicated wholly to revealing the identity and the dignity and the magnitude of the individual. The Infinite Way is one of these activities and has for its basis: "I and my Father are one 1 . . . The place whereon I stand is holy ground." 2 There are other activities which are beginning to assert the value and the dignity of the individual, but The Infinite Way is approaching the subject from the religious standpoint-not from the standpoint of a religion, but from the standpoint of religion itself. The knowledge of God reveals the infinite nature of individual man. Since "I and my Father are one . . . He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 3 That is how sacred the individual is. He is the showing forth of God; he is that place in consciousness where God shines through. This late in the 20th century, only mass hypnotism could hide from the world the tremendous scope of the life and the activity of Lao-Tzu of China, yet there are many people in the world who are aware of the fact that Lao-Tzu gave the world one of its great spiritual teachings. Likewise, there are few in the world who do not know the Buddha, and hundreds of millions throughout the world live by the words of the Buddha, and hundreds of millions live by the words of the Christ. Christ Jesus was only one Hebrew rabbi among many, yet he was remembered and revered because of his recognition of his individual Selfhood and of the power that conferred upon him. "My words shall not pass away," 4 not the words of the whole synagogue and not the words of the Roman emperors, but "my words"-the words of a simple Hebrew rabbi walking up and down the Holy Land. When we think of electric lights, phonographs, and moving pictures ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nature of Spiritual Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 29, Spiritual Discernment
- SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT September 29, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Before we started on our 1959 lecture and class trip, I was instructed within that our students did not really understand the healing principles of The Infinite Way. For this reason I was to devote that year to giving them the specific healing principles of The Infinite Way as clearly as possible, because these principles are totally different from those of any metaphysical healing approach. This does not always seem apparent in reading the writings because we all use the words God, Christ, spirit, prayer, meditation, treatment. Therefore, unless a student is alerted, it is natural that he would not realize that these words have entirely different meanings in the message of The Infinite Way than those to which he has been accustomed. So I spent the year 1959 traveling the world, giving classes everywhere on the specific healing principles of this message. In 1960, 1961, and 1962 I was given a specific subject each year, so that the students might eventually be prepared for the higher works. At the beginning of 1963 I had already arranged a very heavy schedule of lectures and classes to be conducted from January through May, but again I received inner instructions to cancel all of these plans in order to prepare the students for that which was to come. I remained at home, doing no public work this year. I have been teaching four days a week, but I have been teaching only those who were invited to be taught, those who were the most ready, so that with them and through them the new work could be given. Since the middle of August we have recorded on papers, and in two new series of tapes, the mystical message of The Infinite Way, the message that cannot be learned with or through the mind. The message first of all develops, and then governs, that part of man which we know as the Soul faculties, or spiritual consciousness, or the Soul of man. Every individual who has ever been born and every ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 29, Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 11, Gratitude
- ~ 11 ~ GRATITUDE Only those who understand that God is their own consciousness and that from this individual, yet infinite, consciousness flow all things can really know the true sense of gratitude. The only real gratitude is that which is felt for the gift of spiritual discernment. All else is but thankfulness for things. Three times or more, Jesus fed the multitudes. He fed four thousand, five thousand, seven thousand. Today we would call that an act of great philanthropy. Not only did he feed the multitudes, but he healed them and taught the truth to those who could hear. But after he had fed the multitudes on one side of the sea, he felt a heavy sense within himself-a sense that his message had not reached his people, a sense of discouragement in the realization that they had failed to catch the vision. We are told that he left them and went across the lake, but even there the multitudes followed him. Probably they followed him because they were hungry again and wanted more loaves and fishes. He must have recognized that loaves and fishes were all they wanted because he turned and rebuked them: "You are here because you received the loaves and fishes yesterday, and now you have come back for more of them. Why is it that you did not see the miracle? Why is it that you did not see the principle that produced those loaves and fishes, so that by now some of you could have been producing and multiplying loaves and fishes on your own, and not coming back to me to be fed?" How often he healed the multitudes-how often he healed individuals-and how little healing power any of those people manifested themselves! How great was his sorrow when he said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, I would love to tell you and show you, but you cannot accept it." Those people whom he had healed and had supplied were grateful; they were grateful for the loaves and fishes. But that was not the type of gratitude the Master was seeking. The Master was seeking gratitude for a principle that he was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 11, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 5, Freedom in Christ
- ~ 5 ~ FREEDOM IN CHRIST It is a very difficult thing to impart the idea of Christ wisdom. Christ wisdom differs from human knowledge, even from a human knowledge of truth. Humanly, none of us knows what truth is. Certainly no one knows with the human mind what it is. The wisdom of Christ is not in the realm of human wisdom or understanding. It is a knowledge that transcends all earthly wisdom. The things of God are foolishness with men. 1 In the moment when we recognize that we know nothing about this, and we are not just being modest, in the moment when we go to the Father and humbly say, "I don't know what this is all about, Father," in that moment we begin to touch the hem of the garment. We talk about truth, and we write about truth. We never voice Truth. Only God voices Itself. Only Wisdom, Itself, voices Itself to us, and sometimes through us. In actual truth, It is voicing Itself as us: "I am the truth . . . I am the life. . . . I am the infinite wisdom of the universe." That, in its spiritual meaning, is absolute truth, but that I is not a man, woman, or child; it is not the human "I". That I is God. And when It voices Itself, the wisdom of the ages becomes known. The power of Spirit and Soul becomes visible and tangible, and we see the dead rise; we see the sick and sinning healed; we see some body "lighting up" with a look of wisdom beyond anything of this earthly realm. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels," 2 if I do not have that divine love which takes no cognizance of mortals and mortal experience, it is not God talking. The entire trouble with our demonstration is the word "I." It is not that we would not subdue the "I," not because we cling to it so much, not because we would not gladly do away with that little "I" or ego; it is not that we would not say, "Not my will, but thine, be done." It is the universal belief of a selfhood apart from God that so forces itself into our thought that we, even we who set ourselves up as having ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Freedom in Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 2, The Nature Of Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT IN MAN'S EARLY EXPERIENCE ON THIS EARTH, all his activities were on the physical level of life: farming, road building, fighting, fishing, and hunting; and he was living purely on the physical and emotional level. Gradually, however, the world groped toward an understanding of the mind and eventually discovered its potentialities, and along with the discovery and development of the mental realm, access to the cosmic realm was also found. That is why during the less than one hundred years just past such great strides have been made in invention, science, discovery, and knowledge. These discoveries in science and the new forms of art, literature, and music have come forth from the cosmic storehouse, and, as access is gained to that storehouse, the universal mind gives up its wisdom and reveals what men are seeking, whether a way to the North or South Pole, a way to fly in the air or to travel under water, or whether they are seeking new machinery for further automation. The entire nature of human living has been changed because we are no longer confined to what our ancestors knew. Now we have access to Infinity, and there is no limit to what can be achieved through our understanding of the truth that we can reach the universal storehouse of the laws of life: physical or material laws, mental laws, laws of nature, all those laws governing automobiles and airplanes, and laws governing new ways of raising crops. So we come to the age in which we will be able to live without limitation. When man recognizes that he has access to the entire cosmic realm, he will bring to light a whole new world, glimpses of which we have already seen in what has been accomplished in the last fifty years and which is only the beginning of a still greater era. THE FRUITAGE OF THE MIND, AN UNCERTAIN QUANTITY But while the world was progressing from the physical realm of life to the mental, the religious life of man remained in status quo. True, during ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure Of Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 110K
Find Similar Documents