Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 10, Spiritual Living
- ~ 10 ~ SPIRITUAL LIVING ON THE SUBJECT OF SPIRITUAL LIVING-the spiritual way of life-you will note that one of the facets that goes all the way through the subject of spiritual living is spiritual law. You cannot get away from spiritual law. First, however, a few words about spiritual living, or the spiritual way of life. It is not a way of life that will separate you from your present experience; it will not take you out of your present activity except as you progress. It may lift you up into the practice, teaching and lecturing on spiritual subjects, but be assured it will not lift you out of your life; merely will it enhance the beauties, the safety and the security of the life you now are living. Jesus taught-and it is on his teaching that all of this is based-that you were not to leave this world, that you were to be in the world but not of it. You are to be in the world and enjoy liberty, freedom, happiness, contentment, peace, joy, dominion. He did not say anything about going out into the wilderness and becoming an ascetic. He did not teach going apart from the world and living in the universe of our private thinking. Rather, he increased the very loaves and fishes that the people were accustomed to eating. He brought forth gold from out of the fish's mouth; the same gold that was used as currency in those days. So is it with the spiritual way of living. It is not meant that you should live in poverty, but rather that you should live in the infinite abundance-and no limit to that, either, except the limit of your own ability to accept it! There is no sin in money, no sin in wealth; the sin is in the love or hate of it. That is the only sin that has to do with money. So it is right for us to be wealthy. It is also right for us to be healthy, although mere physical health will not bring us immortality. No matter how healthy your body is according to medical standards, you have no assurance of that health tomorrow or at sixty or seventy or eighty years of age. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 10, Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 13, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 13 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING Spiritual healing is a delicate subject, easily misunderstood by those not having had much experience in healing without mental argument. Therefore, it is necessary that it be rightly presented. It is possible for everyone to learn that spiritual consciousness does the work. And spiritual consciousness is cultivated through study, communion, and practice. It is the result of living every moment in the conscious awareness of good as all, and through the recognition that there is no error. Spiritual healing shows that the impartation is always from mind to its idea, and this constitutes the Word of God, which is "quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"; also, that the thoughts of man, the human thoughts, mental arguments, do not constitute that Word. Two things are important here: receptivity and reflection. As we become receptive to divine mind, through the stilling of the senses, divine impartations do come to us. Sometimes they are in thought original to ourselves, or, as the case may be, quotations from the Bible or other writings. Then, again there may be just a "feeling" or a sense of uplifted consciousness; a sense or awareness of rightness. When these divine ideas come to us, we reflect on them; we see them in their relation to the immediate problem. Mental argument is of itself not a healer, but it may serve to uplift thought to a point receptive to the right idea. Also, when argument is used (affirmations and denials), one should not consider the work complete, but "be still" and await the answer which never fails to come. Thus, the treatment is not the declaration, but the period after the declaration, when one is listening to "the still, small voice." The awareness, or consciousness of good that follows is the healer, the Christ, spiritual consciousness. It is important at some time in one's experience that we learn the part gratitude plays in having the correct sense of substance; to ascertain within ourselves ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 13, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1957, The Secret of The Healing Principle
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE The Secret of the Healing Principle SPIRITUAL healing is based on an understanding of the spiritual principle of life. This principle is that God maintains and sustains the universe, including every person in it, in absolute integrity. Contrary to that teaching is the world of appearances, the dreamworld, a mesmeric world which has no law to support it, no substance to sustain it, and no continuity except such as we, in our ignorance, give it. Once this truth is perceived, you will have a healing principle which will stand, regardless of the nature of the problems that are brought to you. This does not mean that you will heal everybody or every condition, not because the principle is not adequate to meet every situation, but because the people involved are not yet ready to live this principle or to live by this principle; they are not ready to give up those things which would interfere with the demonstration of the principle. In other words, Jesus, himself, did not attempt to take the rich man into heaven. It was not because of the man's wealth, in and of itself, but because the man's faith, confidence, and hope were in his wealth; all his expectations and hopes in life were based on the amount of his possessions, and such a man cannot be lifted into spiritual consciousness. So it is that there are people seeking healing, but seeking only the healing of their pains and discords, not a spiritual healing which would transform their lives. This principle is so absolute, however, that given a fair opportunity with anybody who is at all receptive to the spiritual way of life, harmony will be brought into the experience of that person, and he will come into spiritual enlightenment. The Fabric of "This World" The principle which is the secret of all healing is an understanding of the nature of error. Error is never a person; it is never a thing; it is never a condition. Therefore, never take into your thought, or attempt to handle in thought, a person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...et of The Healing Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Individual Consciousness as Law
- Individual Consciousness as Law Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth. JEREMIAH 9:23, 24 This statement from Jeremiah can be carried out in practical experience. We are not to glory in the world of effect, whether that effect appears as person, place, circumstance, condition, or thing, because the substance, the reality, does not lie in any effect. The power and the glory, the substance and the reality, the cause and the law lie in the Spirit which produces all that appears to us as form, circumstance, or condition. We can enjoy and use the things of this world, but our faith and confidence must not be centered in the world or in the things of the world. Our faith and confidence must be in the Spirit which produces, forms, and animates all that exists. No Power Acts upon Us The Infinite Way teaches that man is consciousness and that that very consciousness is the cause of body, business, and home. Many people believe that a discordant body, business, or home is due to a power outside of themselves, acting upon them. As long as we accept the belief that there is a power outside of us, just that long will we be seeking to get in touch with a good power to do something for us. If the belief is accepted that a law of time is acting upon our bodies and mentalities, our experience will be on that level. There is no power operating in our experience separate from our own consciousness, but as long as we believe that there is such a power and as long as we are trying to get in touch with it, we shall never contact it. The world has been praying to God for things. It is no more sensible to pray to God for things than it is to pray to the principle of electricity to light your house. Rejoice not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vidual Consciousness as Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:19- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 15, Meditation and Healing
- ~ 15 ~ MEDITATION AND HEALING Meditation is the secret of this entire work. If you succeed in catching the vision of the Infinite Way, you will find that meditation will be responsible for at least ninety percent of that success. You will find that meditation is not only that which opens up consciousness, but meditation, ultimately, is the mode and means of bringing the Christ into manifestation. Many people are afraid of meditation because it has always been closely associated with the Orient. In the Occident, in our Western world, there is no such practice as meditation except among the Quakers. They have, of course, practiced meditation from the beginning of their organization. But aside from them and the various Oriental groups, meditation is practically unknown in the Western world. Yet meditation is your point of contact with Divinity. The kingdom of God is within you, and it is within you, yourself, that you must find God. For although you can be led back to the kingdom within by means of teachers and teachings or even books, these serve a purpose only as they lead you back to the depths of your own being, and it is there you must find God, through meditation. Organizations perform a valuable function in the world, but that function should be to provide a teacher or a book which would be of help in helping students find the kingdom of God within their own being. In addition to teachers and books, organizations can also provide a place where students can go for meditation and communion, while they are in the transitional stage; while they are seeking God, while they are seeking the kingdom. As I see it, there is no reason why some religious organizations should not exist forever. I do not see any reason in our age why they should be discontinued. But I do say that their purpose in the early stage of our search for God is to provide us with books, teachers, teachings, services, or whatever it is that we need that will help us find the kingdom of God. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 15, Meditation and Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Six, Impersonalizing God
- CHAPTER SIX IMPERSONALIZING GOD If someone were to ask you, "What is this Infinite Way? What is there about it that holds your interest and apparently benefits you?" you would probably have a difficult time answering, because what holds and benefits you and is your Comforter is something you know with your fourth-dimensional Consciousness, and if you should try to impart it to someone still living in the third-dimensional or material state of consciousness, he would never understand what you were attempting to tell him. In trying to explain this you might say, "Oh, I have learned that evil is not power," and then, of course, you would be ridiculed. If you said, "I have discovered God," you would then be asked to explain that, and anyone who has ever been called upon to tell what he has found out about God knows how foolish it would be to try. No one can do that, because whatever it is you may know about God you do not know with your mind. To have any awareness of God means that you have already broken through the area of mind and have been lifted into the higher consciousness. Whatever you may know about God, you know through your spiritual awareness, through your developed spiritual discernment, through the soul-faculties. To try to tell this to a person living out from a materialistic consciousness would be nonsensical, if not impossible. UNIVERSALITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE MIND THAT WAS IN CHRIST JESUS The Infinite Way begins with the revelation that there is a transcendental consciousness, which in Christian mysticism is called Christ-consciousness and in Buddhism is called the Buddha-mind. In either case, what is meant is that there is a consciousness higher than the human mind. This is not a matter of general knowledge. True, there may be those who accept the idea that Buddha had that spiritual consciousness and that Jesus had the mind that was in Christ, but there are not many who understand that this Christ-mind, or consciousness, is universal to all men, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Six, Impersonalizing God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 100K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 8, The Silence
- ... Our good, which seems to come to us from others, is but the reflex action of the good we have loosed or released into the world. Ah, yes! But what is the nature of the good that we are to release into the world, since it does not necessarily mean the amount we give to charity, or the human service that we give, or the sacrifices we have made for our country or our church? The good that we loose-we on the Spiritual Path-is the amount of truth that we understand about God and God manifest, and this is all summed up in the two great Commandments of the Master. First of all, we must loose or release the realization of the truth that God alone is Mind, that God alone is Love, that God alone is Life, that God alone is the True Being of individual being. This truth must be constant-it must be a constant state of awareness within us. The second Commandment is: "Love thy neighbor as thyself." Here we have many forms of love: first of all, the love that recognizes God as the individuality of all being. Then there is the love that operates as forgiveness, even unto seventy times seven. There is the love that forgives its enemies and even prays for those who despitefully use us. There is the love given in service to our fellow-man, in gifts to the right causes, in benevolences in the right directions-always, of course, when given out of pure love and with no thought of a return. In proportion as these two great Commandments fill our consciousness, we are casting our bread upon the waters and, naturally, this comes back to us in the form of good. Meanwhile, we are faced with all the appearances and personalities of relatives and friends and enemies. We must learn not to re-act, but to realize that any evil that is done will harm only the one who does it. Just as no good can come into our experience except through the good that we send out, be assured that the opposite-the evil or the materialism that we hold in thought-also comes back to plague us, because it is written, ". . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ers_ Chapter 8, The Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Secret of the Twenty-Third Psalm
- The Secret of the Twenty-Third Psalm MEDITATION ON PRAYER IT IS THROUGH our understanding of prayer that we are able to bring the activity of the Kingdom of God, Harmony, Wholeness, into our individual experience. If prayer, as it is generally understood, were really prayer, the world would be free of sin, disease, death, wars, famine, drought . . . all of these things would have disappeared from the earth in the thousands of years that the subject of prayer has been taught. Scripture tells us that if we pray and do not receive an answer, it is because we have been praying amiss and, if we judge by that, the world has been praying amiss for some thousands of years. The question is whether or not we know any more about prayer now. Our progress in developing a clearer understanding of prayer has been rather slow, and up to the present time it is primarily an advance in the understanding of prayer as it touches upon our individual problems. The great problem of bringing peace on earth . . . good will to men . . . is still not solved. So it becomes our work to devote as much time as possible to the study of the subject of prayer . . . to meditation upon that subject . . . until we come into higher and higher concepts of prayer. We will know whether or not we are doing that by the results in our experience. If we are touching a higher note in prayer, we will have better health, better wealth . . . more of it . . . and a greater degree of harmony in all of our experience. All too often, prayer consists, to too great a degree, of words, statements, quotations . . . whereas prayer, itself, actually is wordless. Prayer has NOTHING to do with anything that we voice . . . whether in the form of a petition, affirmation, denial or any other form of speech or thought. Rather, prayer is that which we become aware of IN THE SILENCE . . . the Word of God uttering Itself within our consciousness. In other words, we do not pray unless prayer can be understood as a STATE of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t of the Twenty-Third Psalm.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 146K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Ye Are the Light
- This Being is all-inclusive life, love, substance, law and reality. You do not any more get at-one with Truth, or seek some truth with which to meet a need, but you realize with infinite joy, "I am the truth." "Ye are the light of the world." As you rest in this consciousness, you will no longer find it necessary to overcome evil-destroy error-wrestle or rise above error. As the light, there is no "above" or "below"-you fill all space. As the light, darkness vanishes as you approach it and you have no consciousness of the darkness that has been dispelled, not any more than intelligence can be aware of the ignorance it displaces. As there is but one Mind, remember that your thoughts, feelings, emotions are constantly being broadcast to the world. The world does not read your mind so as to be consciously aware of specific thoughts; nevertheless, it is attracted or repelled (without being consciously aware of it) by the general tenor of your thinking. Therefore, let your consciousness be filled with forgiveness, joy. Behold the universe as it is, sharing, cooperating, understanding. Constantly be the eternal Giver in action-not merely giving what is deserved, or earned, or won, but giving because the need appears; giving regardless of the so-called worthiness of the individual. Keep your consciousness free of judgment, criticism, condemnation, doubt, fear, discouragement. Think and voice error as little as you can. Consciously control your thought in the direction of I AM: "I" am the light; "I" am supply; "I" am intelligence; "I" am free. This I AM is the universal Being, your Christ-Self; your true identity, the only one you have. We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only ONE Life. This Life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless and changeless; it is the individual expression of that ONE divine Life. In other words, divine Life is our life. It contains no element of matter, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Goldsmith_ Ye Are the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 5, The Nature of Error
- ~ 5 ~ THE NATURE OF ERROR GOD IS ALL! Nevertheless we are faced every day and almost every hour of every day with error in some form. It is for that reason we come together to study metaphysics or spiritual truths. The object of our study is, of course, coming into oneness with that spiritual life, coming to that point where we are actually able to contact the mind that was in Christ Jesus and thereby have the infinite power, guidance and direction, love and protection of that universal mind and soul. It is natural for us to agree that one reason we would love that, is because it does eliminate the errors of human sense. Now, two things are necessary in that spiritual living. One is this contact, this ability to be one with the mind that was in Christ. The other, which is the letter of truth, is the ability to know our relationship to God and to understand the nature of error. In order to be free of discord, let us never forget that it is necessary for us to know the nature of error. Now, in our meditation we are going to be so consciously one with God that eventually error never comes near us, it fades away automatically even as we approach it. Until that time, let us not hesitate to talk about the nature of error and what we are to do about it as we see evidences of it. We know that error isn't a reality. That is the basis of our understanding. Everyone in this room, regardless of what school of metaphysics he comes through, has accepted, if only intellectually, the unreal nature of error. But in the working out of problems it becomes necessary to go as far as can be with this understanding of the unreal nature of error, so that we can meet it and dissolve it instantaneously. So, before we touch on meditation and the results of meditation, I am going to talk on the nature of error. To begin with, when error appears to us, it appears as a person or as a condition or as a place. In the same way, when good appears to us, it appears as a person, a place, a condition. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, The Nature of Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 114K
Find Similar Documents