The Government of Eden: Chapter 5, When We Judge By Appearances
- ... In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know Is, and let that which truly Is define Itself. Wisdoms of The Infinite Way The Prayer of Forgiveness and Release What do I want? "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness." 14 Seeking the kingdom of God means seeking the realm, the realization-let's use that word, the "realization" of God. It means pray and meditate and ponder God until ... So you find that to come to the kingdom of God means to come into a state of consciousness which loses bit by bit, of course, the temptation to judge, criticize, condemn, to hold in evil. You find that God's righteousness is embodied in the word "forgiveness." The nature of God is to forgive. How many times? "Seventy times seven." 15 Infinity. So you say, "Ah, but he sinned against me yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. How much longer must that go on?" I don't know how much seventy times seven is, but at least seventy times seven. That's how long it can go on if it will, and each time there must be forgiveness. Therefore, if we have not reached that state of consciousness in which we can find it within ourselves to be forgiving, at least in the sense of "Well, Father, if I can do nothing else, I can say, 'Forgive them their sins.'" In other words, come to a state of mind where you wish no punishment on anyone, even for their wrongs. That's quite a place to come to, but we can approach it by degrees, even if we can't attain it in a moment. Then, seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness means seeking a state of consciousness in which we approximate that divine state of righteousness, that divine state of consciousness; somewhere in which we are forgiving, in which we are praying for the enemy, praying for those who despitefully use us. You see, the prayer of forgiveness and the prayer of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 5.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 12, Truth Takes Over Your Life
- ... Let Thy love flow through me that I may be wise, loving, benevolent, just. This is somewhat like Solomon's prayer when he took over his high office, that he be given God's wisdom. As you surrender yourself to God's government, to the reign of God, to the spiritual center of man that man may be spiritually-inspired and God-endowed, you are in some measure dealing more wisely, kindly, lovingly, benevolently, and more justly with your neighbor-and more forgivingly with your enemy. And if I wish to be God-governed, I must be still. I must be still and let God's government take over. Yes, there are certain things I must do to prepare myself for God's government. I've learned this from the Master: not to expect God's government if I'm holding somebody in desire for revenge. If I'm holding somebody in hate, there's no way for God to break through my consciousness. The reason is- this comes to you at this stage of unfoldment-that God is love. But God is not a love out here that comes to me. God is a love that I let flow out from me. But since love means forgiveness, benevolence, cooperation, mutuality, sharing, giving, there is no love in me unless those qualities are being expressed. Therefore, to fit myself for God's government, which means the government of love, I must make myself an instrument through which love can flow. And so, step by step, we are strengthened until the day comes when we realize that now we can rest at will in God and let that Spirit that flows through us, that Robe that envelops us, be the prayer, the benediction, and the healing to our community and to the world. We become the light of the world as we bring ourselves to a state of consciousness in which we do not battle the errors of the world, but in which we become completely still and let the Spirit of God nullify and dissolve the pictures of sense. No longer will we struggle with error, but rest, relax, and bear witness to God functioning on earth as in heaven. Above all, we will never forget ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 12.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 64K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 12, Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs
- 12) Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs For the most part, those who have been interested in a metaphysical or spiritual approach to life have thought almost entirely in terms of what it would do for them. They have been primarily interested in whether it would heal them or their families, prosper them, or perhaps be the means of their finding some happiness, a home, or better health. I know that you realize that those days are past. It really is not going to make any great difference whether we are sick or well, rich or poor, happy or unhappy if the world does not stay in one piece. This, therefore, is the time when it should be comparatively easy to follow the Master and take no thought for our life because suddenly our life as an individual entity is of secondary importance. The thing that is of greatest importance now is the life of this world. We can very well accept the fact that if the world and its people survive we too will survive, but if they do not, what difference would it make if we were able to demonstrate our health and supply and the rest of the world were not around to help us enjoy it? Today everyone who is embarked on a spiritual way of life should have a concern far greater than the demonstration of his own daily harmony, and that concern should be for the survival of the entire world. The question now is: Is there a principle of life, a spiritual principle, that will govern the world? Is there a principle which can now be relied upon to prevent the destruction of civilization and the extermination of mankind? There can be no question but that an individual can rise so high above the immediate circumstances on earth as to make himself immune to the disasters of this world, but if that is all that is concerning him, he may find the world a lonesome place to be. This is the age in which everyone who is seriously on this Path should forget his own problems and be willing to lose his life, if need be, in the search for, and the demonstration ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rinciples and World Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 160K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 7, A Lesson On Grace
- Chapter Seven A Lesson On Grace Many persons turn to truth primarily for the purpose of finding a way to solve their human problems and then proceed to measure their spiritual progress by how many problems they do not have. This is a false measuring rod, although there undoubtedly does come a time when the complete absence of problems may mean spiritual demonstration or harmony attained. Jesus attained that after the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. Too many students, however, are trying to attain it before the crucifixion and before the demonstration of resurrection. It cannot be accomplished. It must be understood clearly that the demonstration over the beliefs of what we call the human or carnal mind must be made before complete liberation can be attained. It is always a cause for rejoicing, therefore, when we are presented with problems and are able to resolve them. There was a time when I dreamed of having $100,000. I wanted that amount because the income from it would make me independent, and then I could be a practitioner without any worries. The day I became a practitioner I had exactly $250 in the world, and no human way of getting any more. That has been my salvation because now when I speak about demonstrating supply, I am not speaking from some textbook I have read or even passed an examination on. I am speaking from the experience of having proved the principle of supply. When I speak about health, I am not speaking from the pages of a book that I have read. I am speaking out of personal experience. In 1921 I was given three months to live by physicians in St. Luke's Hospital in New York City, and many years later I was given only a few hours to live. So twice I have come back from the experience of imminent death, and both times through spiritual demonstration. What I have not experienced myself, I have experienced in the lives of my patients and students. Almost every problem of human existence has come to my experience directly or indirectly, and in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, A Lesson On Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 2, 1963, Prayer of the Righteous Man: God Is
- PRAYER OF THE RIGHTEOUS MAN: GOD IS September 2, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD EVENING. Truth is a shocking experience and those who are not prepared for a continuous bombardment of shocks should not undertake the search for truth. Probably the first question that a truth seeker would ask himself is this: Why is there so little fruitage from prayer? Whether it is the Protestant prayer, the Catholic prayer, the Jewish prayer, the Buddhist prayer or the Vedantist prayer, why is there so little fruitage? If the search for truth were started in this particular year, the seeker would receive many shocks in reading magazine articles written by ministers telling why people are meeting in small groups to pray, why they are not meeting in large numbers in congregations, why they are seeking outside of their churches. There is a simple answer to all of this and one that every religion should have been able to give. The prayers of human beings are not answered. The prayers that seek to improve the human scene are not answered. The prayers that are aimed at protecting our children or our friends or our relatives or our allies are not answered. Therefore, prayer as it is usually taught is unfruitful, unproductive, and unsuccessful. From the beginning of time we have had warfare and from the beginning of time you may be assured that mothers have prayed for their children, but warfare with all of its destruction has continued. As a matter of fact, it is so intensified in this century that, not only are the boys who go to war endangered or destroyed, even the mothers who stay at home are in danger of being destroyed. Prayer has not altered that situation, nor has it prevented the intensification of war and the added destructive powers of war. Prayer has done very little on a national or international scale, and yet in the Bible we find, "The prayer of a righteous man availeth much" 1 and "I have not seen the righteous begging bread." 2 In the literal sense none of this is true because ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f the Righteous Man_ God Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 110K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 4, The Temple
- Chapter Four The Temple Spiritual teaching involves an emptying out of the old "bottles" 1 to make way for the new wine. You cannot fill a vessel already full. You cannot receive a spiritual impartation in a mind filled with universal beliefs, theories, or opinions. Concepts and misconceptions must be cleared out of the mind so that it can become a transparency for truth. Mind is not a power. Mind has no power for good or for evil. Mind is a receiving and a transmitting instrument. To understand the mind, first look at your body and realize that this body is your body, and that you can do with your body what you will. If you choose to walk to the right, your body has no power to resist you and walk downstairs. Your body has no power of its own. Your body cannot be moral or immoral; your hands cannot be honest or dishonest. Your body has no qualities of its own. It is merely a mechanical instrument fashioned for your use. Now go a step further and see that just as you have a body, so, too, you have a mind. You can use your mind to develop a talent, a profession, or a business. It is your mind, and you can educate it in mathematics, music, art, science, or literature. You can keep your mind imbued with truth by filling it with scripture, spiritual and inspirational writings, or mystical poetry. You can keep your mind filled with truth or you can keep your mind filled with trash. You determine how many hours a day worthwhile literature is poured into your mind. You have the capacity to determine the nature of what goes into your mind. Just as your body is not a power unto itself, so your mind, also, is not a power. It cannot talk back to you; it has no control over you: you have control over it. When a person no longer has control over his mind and his mind appears to run away with him, he is labeled insane. The truth is that it is his mind. He has the power to govern, instruct, and educate it. The Human Mind Is Conditioned by False Knowledge When the mind is filled ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ouse_ Chapter 4, The Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 127K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 1, The Need for Religion
- ... On the other hand, the person who is gross, who has never lived very close to God or thought much about God can go on for a long time storing up karma. When it reaches a certain level, however, even he gets clipped, because he is not violating a God, he is violating his God, the God at the center of his being. An Inner Cleansing Is Necessary for Forgiveness When we take the Master's teaching seriously, we realize that we cannot merely go to church on Sunday and because of that receive absolution. No minister, priest, or rabbi can absolve ... There cannot be a God that would injure, destroy, or withhold. Such a God would not be God. God is love, and what makes us believe in Christianity is the life the Master lived and the work he did. He said that his work was "to do the will of him that sent"9 him. In that will there is no withholding, no lack of forgiveness, no excommunication. Nothing like that! The sinner is just as much welcomed as the saint, because the sinner has come to be made a saint. Jesus came to heal the sick, raise the dead, preach the gospel, and feed the ... The Consciousness of No Judgment Brings Peace Once we have experienced God we can never again judge, criticize, or condemn a person for anything he does. " 'Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do.'12 If they only knew, they would live by Grace instead of by theft, but we will teach it to them, that is, we will teach it to those who are willing." We cannot benefit anyone when we criticize, judge, condemn, or sit in judgment. The Master's whole ministry was one of love and forgiveness. It was not that he was so loving: it was because he was performing the ministry of his Father. And that is the mission given to us: not to sit in judgment, criticism, or condemnation, but to forgive, not caring what a person does tomorrow. If he wants to sin tomorrow and be punished again, that is his business, but this day he has come to us and received forgiveness. That is our mission and function. Prayer ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Message for the Ages Chap1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-27 20:20:56- 133K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 12, The Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way
- Chapter Twelve The Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way The spiritual or contemplative life is a specific way of life that has a specific purpose. It is one on which a person does not embark unthinkingly or without a reason, nor is it something that one arbitrarily chooses. Furthermore, there is a specific method of introducing this way of life into consciousness and of applying it to daily life. Normally, human beings have very little control over their lives or their destiny. They are subject, for example, to weather and climate, to the limitations of their education, and they are usually subject to the mores of their particular world. So many circumstances outside and beyond their control govern their lives that it is almost ludicrous to say that any human being is master of his own fate. But it has been known throughout all time, and it is now being introduced again into the world, that this need not be so, although in this age, it is easy to be tempted by current psychological beliefs into believing that we are victims of circumstances beyond our control. It is not necessary, however, for a person to fall afoul of all the evils that beset humankind, because every individual, free or slave, has within himself the God-given capacity to rise above and out of his condition in life. Slave races from all parts of the globe have broken out of their slavery; downtrodden people of all races have attained emancipation, freedom, and sometimes great glory. Your Good Is Not Dependent on Time or Circumstances No one is born without an inner capacity for God-living and God- expression, but the one thing necessary is to know the truth. Because a thousand may fall at your left and ten thousand at your right, it does not follow that these evils need come near your dwelling place. It does follow, however, that you are the only one who can prevent them from touching you or your affairs. This is not something that anyone can do for you, not your parents, your family, or your children: it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 1, Governed By God Or Goverened By Man
- I governed by god or governed by man? E VERY FOUR YEARS, as attention in the United States is focused upon the selection of the President and Vice President of the United States, Infinite Way students are reminded of how important it is to realize that "the government is on His shoulders." 1 The "ten righteous men," 2 those who know this truth, can play a significant role in bringing to pass God's government on earth as it is in heaven. An election is an opportunity for citizens to exercise the franchise and vote for the candidates of their choice. To vote intelligently and fulfill his responsibility as a citizen, every voter should be thoroughly familiar with the issues and know how each candidate stands on these issues, not only in terms of what he says but in terms of his record. It is the responsibility of an informed citizenry, and Infinite Way students should fall into that category. Over and above that, and even more important, is the meditation or spiritual work in which each student engages to the end, that citizens are not swayed by the carnal mind and the highly charged emotional promotional activities characteristic of a typical presidential campaign. Each student should realize that the universal human mind, with its lust for power, greed, and self-seeking, is not power in the realized presence of God; that this election, as an activity for the preservation of freedom, is taking place within the one Consciousness, which is Intelligence and Love, and that only I votes. That I is the divine Consciousness, individualized. It is guided by a wisdom beyond human understanding and is, therefore, unerring in Its judgment. The Foundation of Freedom No one can guarantee you, as American citizens, freedom, except yourselves. And if you study the issues of your political life to such an extent and with such a clarity of thought that you can go to the polls and vote intelligently, that freedom will continue. And if not, be assured of this: If you allow the mesmerism ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 12, Fulfillment of Spiritual Identity through Meditation, Contemplation, and Communion
- ... From the time any leader, prophet, saint, or seer in the Old Testament attained God-awareness, he lived a charmed life, a life that really demonstrated the omnipresence of good. It is not only evident that the Master's health seems to have been perfect, but his consciousness was a sanctuary into which others could come and find healing, food, supply, peace, and forgiveness. What would it not mean to those of us carrying around some burden of guilt for some act of omission or commission, if we could be led into the consciousness of an individual and there find forgiveness and the consequent peace that would come upon us? Some of us have found such persons in the ministry of the church, the metaphysical ministry, or the mystical ministry and, just by being in their presence, they have conferred upon us a feeling of peace, a feeling of noncondemnation, noncriticism, forgiveness, healing, and comforting. The Christ-Peace Cannot Be Found in Those Seeking the Peace Only the World Can Give The goal is that you and I attain Christ-consciousness, thereby bringing to ourselves the Christ-peace, the Christ-health, the Christ-wholeness, the Christ- forgiveness, the Christ-joy, and then, by virtue of our attainment, our very consciousness becomes a sanctuary into which we draw our family, our friends, our neighbors, and all those who are receptive. Everyone who touches our ... Therefore, for the world there is no safety or security in God except in proportion as the Christ is recognized as the consciousness of man and as man begins to live the Christ-life. It is not sufficient to know that the Christ functions through love: it is necessary that we adopt love as a way of life, and that means living the life of constant forgiveness, the life of praying for our enemies, the life of praying for those who persecute us, the life of benevolence at every level of consciousness-not only helping our fellow man financially, but more especially through prayer and communion. If we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ontemplation, and Communion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents