Consciousness Transformed: March 22, 1964, The Bread You Cast Upon the Waters
- THE BREAD YOU CAST ON THE WATERS March 22, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST revelations of The Infinite Way is this: No amount of truth can benefit you, no matter how profound it is. You are benefitted only by your realization and your utilization of truth. Truth will not set you free. "Ye shall know the truth," and this means know. In the same way, every effort you make towards acquiring truth brings truth nearer home to you. I try to tell students not to depend on my books and not to depend on my tapes, because in and of themselves they have no effect. I have seen this happen in the lives of thousands of people who have read the books and heard the tapes. On the other hand, with hundreds of students I have witnessed a wonderful effect. What is the difference? Do you practice it? I know of people who receive gifts of books and write to me and say: "I have read your book and it is beautiful!" The effort you put into acquiring truth determines what you will get from it. "The bread you cast on the waters is the bread that will return unto you." 1 I never want to see an Infinite Way student turned away for lack of money, but neither do I want to see students continued in charity, because it will not demonstrate the principle of The Infinite Way. The Infinite Way is very clear that the secret of supply is giving, and I am not talking only about money. You do not get from The Infinite Way what you do not give. In our capitalistic days anyone could be successful by working hard enough, because life gives back what you put into it. In The Infinite Way I have witnessed so many people listening to lectures, reading books, going to classes, and accomplishing nothing. Why? Because they put nothing into it. I know that the whole secret of life is outpouring. This is true in any branch of life, whether you are studying an academic subject or whether you are studying a spiritual subject. Throughout my Infinite Way experience I have tried to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ad You Cast Upon the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Supply The entire subject of supply must be approached from the standpoint, not of your supply or mine, but of what is the principle of supply? In the spiritual realm we always deal with principles, and when we deal with principles, the truth about any principle is true of any and every individual. The only reason we do not all equally demonstrate a specific principle is that we do not know the truth. We can demonstrate only whatever of truth we know. "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free,"1 but you must know it and I must know it, and any truth that we do not know we cannot expect to demonstrate. Impersonalizing Supply In demonstrating supply the first step is to impersonalize it, so that you do not think in terms of "my" supply or "your" supply, because there is no truth about "your" supply or "my" supply. There is only the truth about supply, and this truth is universal. It makes no difference whether it is the financing of our families, our church, or financing a world-wide movement because once this principle is learned, the amount involved is of no importance. It is just as easy to demonstrate a hundred thousand dollars a year as it is one thousand dollars a year, if the principle is known and understood and if there is a legitimate need for the larger amount. Spiritually, no one could demonstrate even one dollar if behind the attempted demonstration there is a wrong motive, a selfish motive, or a destructive one. It would take many weeks to show you step by step the way in which I learned these principles, but I can give you the principles I have learned and those that I have watched in operation in the financing of my personal needs, those of my family, those of the Infinite Way, and in these thirty years all that I have witnessed in the experience of our students. The Invisible Supply of a Tree To begin with, supply is never visible. No one has ever seen supply. All that you can ever see of supply is the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Ruth and Naomi
- RUTH AND NAOMI NAOMI is the individual soul when it has failed to realize its oneness with God; it is seeking good in the material realm. Naomi may be the state of your being when, not rising to the spiritual consciousness in which you live, move and have your being, you start out to seek your good through material means and human beings. Your Soul is God, but when this sense of separation from good arises in you, and you start looking for good in the outer realm, in things or persons, that is when you are the Naomi state of consciousness, and when thus seeking, you are seeking it in Moab. The metaphysical interpretation of Moab is sense consciousness, or material sense. Ruth, of course, represents the beautiful, the thought which loves the one good - spirituality. You have forgotten that "all that the Father hath is thine"; that you need not seek or labor for your good; that you do not even have to earn or deserve it. You need only realize that "I and my Father are one"-you are "joint-heir with Christ" to all the heavenly riches. Then you would not have to suffer the experiences through which you now follow Naomi. Naomi having left her divine state of spiritual consciousness in which is her eternal substance (Beth-lehem-judah) and gone down into materiality (Moab), now loses all her earthly possessions: husband, sons and lands. She has left, however, one spiritual idea, Ruth, and with this one Light within her consciousness, Naomi returns to her original home, spiritual consciousness (Beth- lehem-judah) and through Ruth realizes again her rightful consciousness, home and security. Ruth, the spiritual Light, shines in ail individual consciousness to show us and lead us to home, heaven or harmony. This Light appears now as Ruth, again as Moses leading the Hebrews to the Promised Land, and again as Christ revealing through Jesus the Kingdom of God within you, lifting you from sense to Soul. Within each one, regardless of where he may be at any moment, there is always ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Scripture_ Ruth and Naomi.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 4, This Is Immortality
- ~ 4 ~ THIS IS IMMORTALITY LIFE, REAL LIFE, is lived in consciousness; it is lived in the secret place within ourselves. We do not begin to suspect what the God-life can be until we have contacted that fountain of Life within us. We are not really living if we think of life as something that exists between what is called birth and death. This is not life. This life is, as one of the ancient mystics called it, a parenthesis in eternity. It is often pictured as a circle and is usually spoken of as being eternal. But if we live only inside the parenthesis that begins with birth and ends at death, we are missing the greatest part of life, the eternal, infinite, and immortal structure in which we discover God's creation. In this brief interval called the parenthesis, we live largely in man's creation, and we miss God's creation. We miss the life and love of God; we miss sharing in the life and love of one another. If we know each other only as human beings, we are cheating ourselves of a tremendous delight. We are offspring of God, filled with the love, the life, and the Spirit of God, and this we must recognize. All the joys of spiritual being are embodied in us for sharing. That is why we are on earth. When the Master said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly," 1 did he mean that one man out of all the world's history had come to earth that we might have life? No, he meant that I within each of one of us has come that you and I might enjoy a more abundant life with each other. He also said that he had come to bring resurrection and life eternal. Then why have you and I come? Would it not be a sad commentary on God, if one of us were here to bring joy, peace, health, and freedom to the world, and the rest of the world were to do nothing but sit back and receive it? It would be unfortunate if it were given only to a dozen mystics to know and enjoy God and the spiritual nature of mankind. But life is not like that at all. It ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, This Is Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XVIII, A Circle of Christhood
- CHAPTER XVIII A CIRCLE OF CHRISTHOOD Is it reasonable to expect that there can be a whole group of people in modern times so dedicated to the Christ-life that they will live by actual spiritual contact? Is it conceivable that a body of students or earnest aspirants on the spiritual path will evolve, who will seriously accept the hypothesis that they, of themselves, are nothing, but that God is all? Is it within the range of possibility that a group of people will appear on this earth, who have arrived at that point of realization where life is lived by the Spirit? Such a group would establish a pattern for the whole world. Always there have been isolated individuals who have achieved Christhood by grace, but at no period in the history of the world has it been either realized or maintained by a group. No one has been able to impart it to a group, because up to this moment no effective way of transmitting the Christ-consciousness to large numbers has been found-at least none that has been effective. It was imparted by Jesus to the twelve disciples, and out of the twelve only three or four were able to maintain it. It was taught to several students by Buddha, but only two of them understood it, and of Lao-Tze's disciples, only one was able to carry on. Today the wisdom of all ages is again coming to light in human consciousness: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." This teaching of oneness is the ancient secret of the mystics revealed throughout all time by every one of the great spiritual lights of the world. Every great religious teacher has caught this vision of oneness. This it is which enables us to unite in that selfsame realization that if I am in the Father, and the Father is in me, then, you are in me, and I am in you; and we are all one in the Father, united in one consciousness. Despite the diverse forms of religious worship and teaching prevalent today, men and women of whatever persuasion should be able to unite in this age-old wisdom of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...III, A Circle of Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 23, Supply
- ... When we relax the conscious mind's struggle and striving, and let the flow of good pour into us through our spiritual consciousness, we find that we need not fear what mortal man can either give or withhold. We rest in the firm conviction that "The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof," 5 and that all that the Father hath is mine; all that exists in the universal is unfolding to the individual. We come now to perhaps the highest spiritual law of the Bible, the one revealed to us by the Master Christian, Christ Jesus. In the Lord's Prayer we read: "And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." 6 May we not interpret this to mean "forgive us our debts in proportion as we forgive our debtors?" Here you can set your own limitations on your demonstration of good. In proportion to your forgiving will you receive the blessings of the infinite. We may forgive those who owe us debts of money, and those who owe us debts of love, gratitude, appreciation, or even debts of family or friendly courtesy. But we must forgive. We must live in a constant state of benediction. This is the true forgiveness which releases us from material and mortal obligations. Some time ago a man came to me in great need of money, being without employment or income. He stated that one of his friends owed him a sum of money which would tide him over the period of lack, and asked: "How would you work on this debt collection?" I told him to forgive the man the debt. Not to write him canceling the debt, as the debt was the other fellow's problem, but to forgive it mentally, and should it never be paid, to think of it no more, not even think unkindly of the so-called debtor. "Drop it from your thought as though it never existed, and let divine principle open its channels of supply." He saw the point and turned away from this only visible possible channel of supply to the infinite unseen. The very next week, he earned enough money to support himself for two weeks, and at the end of the second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 23, Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 86K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXV, Losing I-ness in I
- CHAPTER XXV LOSING "I"-NESS IN I There are very few persons in all the world who are really interested in living spiritually or in attaining the spiritual goal, and certainly there are even fewer who have any conception of what it means to "die daily" and be reborn of the Spirit. Many must inevitably fall by the wayside, but those few who understand that true greatness, true wisdom, and true success lie in the very opposite direction from that of glorifying the self or pushing forward the personality, and who remain and persist, will reach the highest degree of spiritual consciousness, spiritual awareness, and spiritual unfoldment. To submerge the personality and make it subservient to that which is greater than itself is well-nigh impossible for most persons and gives rise to inner conflicts which may deflect them from the path leading to the goal. Through meditation and the practice of the Presence, however, the mind is stilled, and an awareness of this Something greater than themselves is developed. Eventually, a state of complete quiescence in which there is no thinking or planning is reached, and the human will yields to the divine will. This surrender of the human will to the Divine can be more readily understood if we use the analogy of a cube of ice floating in a glass of water. The ice rests in the water, cradled in it: it has no power to move itself. Only the water can propel it from one place to another. The ice itself is inert, immobile, passive, its every motion dependent upon the movement of the water. Let us think of ourselves as the ice, and of Consciousness as the water, while we wait in silence and stillness for the movement of Consciousness. In other words, we must wait patiently for the will of God to make itself known; we must be as completely quiescent as the piece of ice. Such a state can be achieved only when all desire has been surrendered because desire nourishes the personal sense of "I"-ness. As long as there is a desire, there is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XXV, Losing I-ness in I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:04- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Fourth Dimension of Life
- The Fourth Dimension of Life WHEN THE MASTER, Christ Jesus, says, "I can of my own self do nothing, the Father within me doeth the works," when Paul says, "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me"-they are revealing the Fourth Dimension of life in which you do not live "by bread alone," nor by personal will, effort or even personal wisdom. There comes a point in your experience when you are not solely you-but in which you are conscious of a Presence within. This point of transition comes when the Presence becomes real within you and takes over your life. From the moment of this transitional experience you do not again take any anxious thought for your life because there is always this IT-this Christ-or divine Presence, and IT brings to you the harmonies of your daily experience. In this transitional experience you pass from being merely a human being, thinking your own thoughts, planning your own life, arranging your own affairs to a place in Consciousness where you really and truly "feel" this inner Presence, and you then live as if you had stepped aside a little-say two or three inches to the side of yourself-and are watching your life being lived for you. If you, at that moment, are in the business world, you will find business coming to you that you were not personally responsible for-that is, you had made no personal effort to secure. If you are an author or composer, you will find ideas flowing, such ideas as you have never dreamed of, flowing to you from within- and you will know that you are not creating them, but they are given you by an inner Grace. If you are in Spiritual Work, the Healing or Teaching Ministry, you will find patients and students being led to you, and all will be spiritually healed and led by the Spirit. Thereby you would understand that "I live-yet not I, but Christ liveth my life. The Father worketh hitherto, and I work." At this point you become the instrument for the operation and activity of divine Consciousness. When the Master ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Fourth Dimension of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 15, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 15 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE, we are not here to have a good time; we are not here just to sit back and listen to a lecture on truth or to listen to a talk on truth. This is really classwork. This is really where you are supposed to go out knowing all that is to be known about the subject. I asked you, when we began, to release me from a sense of time and you have, so if it is necessary to stay here, that is all right with me. I want you to know that, so when we are through you do not feel that you are leaving with a lot of unanswered questions. There will be some unanswered questions in your thought and that is natural, because most of the answers are going to come to you in the weeks to come through your meditation. One of the things that you will learn here is that answers come through meditation. You can take almost anything you want into meditation and get the answer. You see, we know absolutely nothing about the meaning of the word God or Christ or truth or light or grace. What little we know we have read in dictionaries and books that men have written, and are merely faint tracings of tremendously deep subjects. Now, the individual who has had an unfoldment or revelation on some spiritual truth may be said to know that spiritual truth-at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment or demonstration. But, when that individual comes to tell you about it, it is very apt to be secondhand except in some moments of our illumined consciousness when his impartation might reveal quite a bit to you. But to be on the safe side, let us assume for this moment that we know little or nothing about the Christ. Of course we know this much, that the Christ isn't a man. We know that the Christ isn't an historical figure; we know that the Christ wasn't born at a particular time or in a particular country or of a particular nation. We know that before Abraham was, the Christ is-and we know that even unto the end of the world, the Christ will be. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 15 Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 90K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 17, Spiritual Supply and Healing - Awakening to the Mystical Experience of Oneness
- ~ 17 ~ SPIRITUAL SUPPLY AND HEALING: AWAKENING TO THE MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE OF ONENESS The Infinite Way is not organized, has no corporate entity and has no memberships, therefore nobody belongs to the Infinite Way. This is the result of spiritual guidance which I follow. The object of it is to enable me to present to the world the principles which constitute the Infinite Way and to permit those who respond to accept them, follow them if they like, and those who do not, to turn from them, or else follow them in whatever measure is possible. In other words, I have no ties to our students, no strings, and they are under no obligation to me or to anybody. This has made it possible for me to be invited into Unity churches, New Thought churches, even Protestant churches, and for the writings, starting with The Art of Meditation 1 and Practicing the Presence, 2 to be accepted in Protestant churches of all denominations in the United States and Canada. This enables them to embody any of the principles, any of the teachings, in their individual lives, whether they're ministers or whether they're laymen, and yet remain on the path which for the present may be their religious path. The principles that are embodied in these writings are not mine. I did not make them up; I did not dream them up. They came to me in consciousness, and therefore they are not mine. They should be made available to anyone, anywhere, at any time, who can accept them, receive them, and respond to them. And that's the way it is. By having no organization, no memberships, no obligations, those who are led to these writings may embody them to whatever degree they wish and still maintain their freedom. In this way you will eventually find what we are already beginning to witness: that these very principles are being accepted as truth in many religious fields and ultimately will become embodied in the religions of the world. And I feel that's far better than putting a barrier around the message and saying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tical Experience of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 139K
Find Similar Documents