The Mystical I: Chapter Two, The Unveiling
- CHAPTER TWO THE UNVEILING Moses was given a revelation of absolute truth. It was, in fact, a revelation of the final and ultimate truth, and the proof of this is that through this truth he was able to take the Hebrews out of slavery and lead them right up to the Promised Land, not by means of armies or with storehouses of food, but entirely under the grace of God. This is one of the most remarkable demonstrations of grace in all religious history. It was a mass freeing of people, completed under the grace of God, without force of arms and without even an organized activity. Only the unveiling of ultimate truth could yield such fruitage. But after that great experience the truth was again veiled, so that not until centuries later did the Master Christ Jesus remove the veil and again reveal the truth. This truth enabled him to heal, to supply, and also to pass on to his disciples and apostles the ability to heal and to give freedom, so that for three hundred years after Jesus' ministry on earth, the unveiled truth was known, and more and more people came into their freedom because they knew the truth. About 300 A.D., however, the truth was veiled again, and it has been kept so well veiled that no religion known to man has revealed that truth in the past nearly seventeen hundred years. True, in part, here and there in modern times, it has been known, but on the whole the truth has remained veiled. Truth can be known only by its fruitage. Only in that way can you know whether or not a teaching or a religion is truth. If it sets its followers free physically, mentally, morally, and financially, if it brings greater freedom and harmony in their human relationships, if it makes them less subject to the rule of man, to the sway of nature, or to the laws of matter and mind, then you can know that they are getting closer and closer to truth. "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 The Master made it very clear that under certain conditions man would bear fruit richly. Under ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Two, The Unveiling.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 108K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 3, "Now I See"
- Chapter Three "Now I See" Until the importance of knowing God aright is understood there is little use of attempting to learn anything further. Knowing God means not merely knowing God intellectually, that is, through the mind, but so well that a person could almost say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see."1 To understand the nature of God, the three words omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence need to be indelibly impressed on consciousness, for without the fullest understanding of their meaning, a student can never approach God. Serious students might benefit greatly by looking up the meaning of these three words in an unabridged dictionary so as to get a more comprehensive understanding of them. Omniscience Hymns are sung to the all-wise God, and people are always claiming that God is the all-knowing. But what happens the next minute? They tell God they have a pain; they tell God the rent is due or that they need employment. In that instant they deny God, just as much as if they were to say, "I do not believe there is an all-knowing God." If they knew God to be the all-knowing, would they ever go to God with any problem? Would they ever go to God to try to influence Him in their behalf? No, once a student grasps the nature of God as omniscience, he can never again reach up to God or even dream of asking God for peace on earth or for anything else. Students of the Infinite Way should spend a great deal of time working with the principle of God as omniscience. This principle cannot be learned in two weeks, two months, or two years. How long it will take students to come to the point where they never are tempted to tell God anything, to try to influence God, or to let God know about the problem, I do not know. Eventually you as a student must get to the place where this is so much a part of your consciousness that when anyone asks you to pray for him to attain some end, inwardly you would be laughing and thinking: What do you mean by "pray for you"? Shall I tell ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ges_ Chapter 3, _Now I See_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 122K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 9, The Simplicity of the Healing Truth
- Chapter Nine The Simplicity of the Healing Truth The mystical approach to spiritual healing, as practiced in the Infinite Way, cannot be accomplished by anyone until the metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are so much a part of him that they have become like his flesh and bones. In other words, the mystical consciousness is developed through the metaphysical aspects of the Infinite Way, because in it there are consistent specific principles which develop consciousness. The Infinite Way does not teach one day that a person's wrong thinking produced his troubles and then the next day teach that his wrong thinking is not the cause. The metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are completely consistent and are based on the truth that God is infinite consciousness and that man and the universe are this Consciousness formed and expressed. You See Your Concept of a Thing or a Person Since God is incorporeal Spirit, man and the universe are incorporeal, and just as you have never seen God with your eyes, and never will, neither have you ever seen man or this universe with your eyes. With your physical sense of sight you have never seen a tree, nor have you ever seen flowers as they are in the consciousness of God. All that you see with your eyes is a finite concept of God's creation built on the universal belief in two powers. That is why you see concepts that are sometimes bad and sometimes good, sometimes young and sometimes old, sometimes sick and sometimes well, sometimes alive and sometimes dead. But these are not creations of God. These are creations of man; they are man-made concepts. When a student looks at me, he does not see me: he sees a concept he has formed in his mind of me. On the other hand, if I should ask my neighbor to describe me, that student would not recognize me because that is not the me he has formed in his mind. If it were possible to speak to my mother, it would still be a different concept of me. None of these has ever seen the real ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...licity of the Healing Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 3, Easter, A Rising Out Of Material Sense
- ~ 3 ~ EASTER, A RISING OUT OF MATERIAL SENSE THE MAJOR PRINCIPLE OR REVELATION OF THE INFINITE WAY is that God is consciousness, and that infinite divine Consciousness forms Itself as individual being, as my individual consciousness and yours, not a portion of It, but all of It. Most persons have been taught that man begins from a seed, and they have been led to believe that there is something not quite spiritual about the whole idea of conception and birth. They have thought of creation as an act of man and woman, about which there has always lurked some feeling of wrongness, and in their sense of creation there is something wrong because it means that they are accepting man as a creator. But man is not a creator, and the belief that he is has given rise to the idea that man is brought forth in sin and in iniquity. The truth is that the activity of creation begins with the Spirit of God pouring into individual consciousness as love. That divine love pours from your consciousness into your mind and tangibly it brings unto you your own with whom you are one, and then the idea of love, union, and oneness comes forth as the creation of the next generation. There is nothing sinful, nothing evil, nothing finite, nothing mortal about it at all. It all has its beginning in conscious union with God. While there cannot be a material creation because God is the only creator and God is Spirit, a material sense of creation has been entertained, and that is where this whole feeling of sin or wrongness comes from. All human experience has its foundation in a material sense of a spiritual universe. What is called the immorality and delinquency of this age has its basis in that same material sense, because since our young people have not been taught to understand that their first duty every day is to establish their conscious oneness with the Source so that they are animated throughout the day and night by the Spirit, they have sought satisfaction on the level of mind and body. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ising Out Of Material Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 11, Lifting Up The I
- 11) Lifting Up the I There is no one mode, means, method, or system which can correctly be called metaphysical or spiritual healing. In fact, there are as many different approaches to spiritual healing as there are in materia medica with its allopathy, homeopathy, osteopathy, chiropractic, and naprapathy, all different forms of materia medica. In the world of metaphysical and spiritual healing, there are the evangelists who, by the grace of God, have received some special state of consciousness through which they heal without knowing how, why, or wherefore. For the most part, they do not have the slightest idea of any principle involved in healing: they only know that healings do take place, sometimes through the spoken word and sometimes through the laying on of hands. Apparently, it is something that is just a part of their being, something that has come to them at a particular period in their life, and something over which they have no control. Then there are those approaches to healing which employ mental means and, by suggestion, attempt to change a diseased or evil condition into a good one. There are also methods which attempt to combine the mental and the spiritual. A person who has had any experience with other forms of metaphysical or spiritual healing and decides to practice healing through Infinite Way healing principles may have to unlearn most of what he has previously known in order to grasp these principles, and if he encounters difficulty on the way it is probably because he has not yet unlearned enough. AN UNDERSTANDING OF IMMORTALITY, BASIC TO HEALING The Infinite Way begins with an infinite, ever present, omnipotent God. Its premise is that there is no imperfection in any part of God or of God's creation, none whatsoever! God is perfect being, and so, therefore, is God's creation. No one was ever born, and no one will ever die; no one ever had a beginning, and no one will ever have an ending. One way to understand the continuity of life is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Lifting Up The I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 157K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Sense of Truth
- SPIRITUAL SENSE OF TRUTH Psm. 127:1 - "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. " REGARDLESS OF the human effort we put into any enterprise, if it is not backed by spiritual awareness, all we can expect from it is limited fruitage. There is a vast difference between statements of truth and Truth itself. A statement of truth is what you declare; Truth itself is what is imparted to you from within your being. Statements of truth are read in books; Truth itself is what you discern between the lines. Shankara, probably 800 B.C., wrote: "If the supreme truth remains unknown, the study of scripture is fruitless; the study of the letter alone is useless; the Spirit must be sought out by intuition." The human mind claims to be a builder, to be a power, claims that it can do things for us. For generations the world has gone on trying to build humanly, and all it has accomplished is limitation. To insure the safety, security and prosperity of our existence, we have to come into the consciousness - the conscious awareness - of the presence of God. Without this awareness, it is just as erroneous to make statements like, "God will help me; God is everpresent and does help me," as it is to forget to make those statements. The statements themselves have no power. The human mind making such statements does not even believe in them. There must be an actual awareness of the presence of God. This must be felt within your own being. "I can of mine own self do nothing" is as high a declaration as can be made. It shows forth the absolute nothingness of even a great man like Jesus. "My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me"-"The Father within me, He doeth the works"-"Except the Lord build the house"-there must be an actual consciousness of the presence of this infinite divine spiritual Power acting within or really as your being. In Acts 1:21 to 26, we come to a place where Judas has committed suicide and a successor is going to be appointed to fill his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e_ Spiritual Sense of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 11, Three Principles and Their Practice
- ~ 11 ~ THREE PRINCIPLES AND THEIR PRACTICE Good Evening. We are working now with specific healing principles of the Infinite Way that we are to apply in meeting problems of our everyday living. I recognize, and you must recognize, that there is going to be some difficulty with this because most of you have other metaphysical backgrounds. The major principles of the Infinite Way are not only not the principles of your previous studies, but some of them may appear to be very contradictory. I know them many students do have difficulties when they try to mix the principles of their former teachings with these principles of the Infinite Way. They make no headway or have difficulties in their demonstration of harmony. Last night I explained one of these principles, and I hope I made very clear what is probably the most important principle in the message of the Infinite Way. God, being infinite, is never used for any purpose. God is never used for overcoming sin, disease, or death. In the Infinite Way, truth isn't used at all. The very opposite of that is the truth in the Infinite Way. We seek to become the instruments of truth; we open ourselves that we may be used by truth, by God, that God may manifest itself as our individual being, that God may live its life as us, that God may lead, guide, direct, govern, sustain, maintain, support, supply. And we are the instruments through which, as which, that takes place. You see, the wisdom of God is infinite-omniscient-therefore it is ridiculous to believe that we can tell God, ask God, or inform God of our needs. It is an impossibility for us to know more than God. It is only possible for us to know as much as God if we first know that we know nothing, and then let the wisdom of God manifest as our wisdom. In other words, as I indicated last night, you develop a receptive attitude for the inflow of inspiration as you would if you were a composer, an artist, or a writer, always keeping your attention within as a listening ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inciples and Their Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 1, Toward the Experience
- ~ 1 ~ TOWARD THE EXPERIENCE The heart and soul of the mystical life is an inner experience, and no matter what mode or method is used, that experience is possible if the basic motive is to discover truth. As long as you are just seeking to demonstrate health, supply, or companionship, however, there is no hope of attaining the God-experience. In spite of how successful you may be in human achievement, you will never attain spiritual awareness. That comes only when you have "died" to caring about the outer scene and are willing to take life as it is and work from within toward the goal of God-realization. The Infinite Way came into being when I realized that there is no God in the human world. If there were a God in the human world, rape, arson, murder, wars, dens of iniquity, drug addiction, and all the other afflictions of mankind would be impossible. Not one of these evidences of man's inhumanity to man could occur in the presence of God. Everything that is taking place in this world of ours is taking place only because there is no God in the human scene. This was the original unfoldment that was given to me some time after 1909, and this is what started me on the search. I have never doubted that there is a God, but now at least I know that there is no God in "this world," 1 and I know now, too, that all the going to church and all the praying are not going to bring one here. People have been going to church to pray since before the days of the ancient Hebrews and have done so continuously ever since. They have prayed every kind of prayer that has ever been known, and still the world keeps right on falling apart. Thus the search began: Where is God? What is God? How do we bring God into our experience? Eventually, late in 1928, the Experience took place, that first God-experience. This Experience brought with it no message, no words, no rules, nor were any principles given: there was just an experience that could not be described. Whereas in one moment I was like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, Toward the Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 8, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- ~ 8 ~ BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Religion is a thing of the heart, and yet, without some specific knowledge of the principles underlying a religious teaching, a knowledge of which must be an activity of the mind, it is impossible to have a full and complete religious life. It is possible to find the religious life in a church, but living the spiritual life is not dependent on a church, and there are many religious persons in places where there are no churches. Religion is of the heart, and no one is religious except as the heart motivates him. That is why it is impossible to give religion or a religious instinct to anyone. This is something that takes place within an individual when he is ready for the spiritual experience, or, as they say in the Orient, when he is "ripe." One can have this religious instinct and pursue it and yet not fulfill himself unless certain principles of the religious life are revealed in one way or another, principles which make it possible to attain illumination, fulfillment, and that peace that passes understanding. In the Infinite Way writings, many principles of life are set forth. No one of us can demonstrate all of them, but if we live with them and take them into meditation, those necessary for our experience will reveal themselves to us. It usually takes several years after we have received a spiritual idea or principle before it becomes a part of us and before we can demonstrate it. It is so with everyone. We hear a spiritual principle expounded, and we read about it. In fact, we read it over and over again, and we hear it on tape recordings or in lectures or classes, and because of this much reading and hearing, we think we know it and wonder why we cannot demonstrate it. This is normal and natural and true of all of us. Even principles that have come through my own consciousness and my own lips have not really become mine until several years later. They did not register in a demonstrable degree when they were first revealed to me, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 142K
Find Similar Documents