Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 17, God Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 17 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER ORIGINALLY WE CAME TO THE STUDY OF TRUTH for our own good. Most of us have come to this work because of some sin or disease or lack in our experiences. Probably some of you came seeking only God. But I think the experience of most practitioners is that they find that most come to this truth seeking for release from the cares and the ills of the world. I came that way. Most of the people I know have come that way. For awhile it is a very satisfying experience to learn that physical ills can be met through prayer or treatment, through spiritual power. It is a very thrilling thing to experience a healing, especially if materia medica has said that the disease is serious or fatal. Some of these healing experiences will never be forgotten by those who have had them. After the First World War, I was given the very pleasant news that I had less than three months to live, and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. There was no known healing agency, no known cure for my trouble. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then, they still have no cure for that particular disease. In three months, though, I was completely healed, so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921! I have had many other healings of that nature through spirit, and I have also witnessed thousands of healings. Many minor claims, true, but some very major ones also, according to materia medica. I don't have to rehearse all that for most of you, because probably everyone here has had some similar experience, either with disease or with sin. I have told this before, I don't know whether in these talks or not, but certainly in classes, that in 1928, just as I was sitting with a practitioner, all of the smoking habit, drinking habit, and card playing habit disappeared. These were not great vices, but errors according to our spiritual way of living. All of these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 10, Start the Flow to God
- Chapter Ten Start the Flow to God Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Matthew 13:12 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. Psalm 24:1 Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. Luke 15:31 The kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. Romans 8:16,17 The above quotations indicate that you now have the fullness of the God-head bodily; you have all that God has. It may not appear that way looking out with the eyes, hearing with the ears, tasting, touching, or smelling with the physical senses. It may not appear at first to the physical senses that you have all that God has or even a little bit of it. It may even appear that you lack something. But you are not to judge by appearances. You are to judge righteous or spiritual judgment, and spiritual judgment, that is, spiritual discernment, reveals that all that God is you are. All that the Father has is yours. All that God is, you individually are. Allness The allness of God is made manifest as the allness of the son. God is both the Father and the Son: God, the Father, God, the Son. When you acknowledge your sonship, you are knowing the truth, and the truth will make you free, free from discordant appearances or experiences. But the truth you must know is that nothing can be added to you, that you cannot get anything, you cannot achieve anything, and you cannot demonstrate anything because all that the Father has is already yours. The life of God is your life; therefore, your life is eternal. The mind of God is your mind; therefore, you have infinite intelligence. God, the Soul, is your individual soul; therefore, you are as pure as God. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 10, Start the Flow to God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter I, What Is Spiritual Heating?
- CHAPTER I WHAT IS SPIRITUAL HEALING? The world is not in need of a new religion, nor is the world in need of a new philosophy: What the world needs is healing and regeneration. The world needs people who, through devotion to God, are so filled with the Spirit that they can be the instruments through which healings take place, because healing is important to everybody. Until the last century, healing had been considered largely the prerogative of the medical profession; but in recent years, so many churches have turned their attention to this subject that today the healing of mind, body, and personal relationships is beginning to be considered as much the function of the church as of the doctor's office. Churches are opening their doors to discussions of the possibility of healing through prayer and other means. Other organizations are being formed for the purpose of engaging in research and in promoting the study and practice of various forms of healing, ranging all the way from spiritual healing to psychological and psychic healing. More and more, spiritual healing is being discussed and practiced. It looks as if within the next half century or so, materia medica will have found a remedy for almost every physical disease now known, and there will then be little need of metaphysical practitioners as far as the healing of physical disease is concerned. That, however, will not solve life's problems; it will not solve the problems of the world because the world's problem is not really a problem of disease. Disease is only one of the many facets of inharmony and discord in life. Advances in medicine will not eliminate the need for spiritual healing because, even with 100 per cent success in physical healing, I do not believe that such healing will ever succeed in revealing man's Soul to him. That will be the function of the practitioner of spiritual healing. Man will find that even when all physical, mental, moral, or financial discords have been eliminated there will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... What Is Spiritual Heating_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VI, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- CHAPTER VI DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Treatment is a technique employed to lift consciousness to such an elevation that a contact with God is established which permits spiritual power to flow into human activity. It is a recognition of spiritual truth, the purpose of which is to reveal an already existing state of divine harmony. This realization on the part of the person giving the treatment reveals the spiritual identity of the one who has asked for healing so that he can be seen as he spiritually is in God's image and likeness. As has been pointed out, anyone who practices spiritual healing must rise above the level of appearances-above the discords of corporeal sense, of personal sense-to a higher plane of consciousness where there is no person to be healed and where there is room only for the Spirit of God. Treatment is necessary only because a belief of humanhood has become ingrained in individual consciousness. This humanhood, or personal sense, cannot be overcome by trying to be good or by trying to think good thoughts, because any such attempt would merely be a shift from bad humanhood to good humanhood. Such a shift is, of course, desirable humanly, and naturally nearly everybody in the human picture comes eventually to see that human good is better than human evil and desires to be good rather than evil. That, however, is not spiritual demonstration, but only a step forward in human evolution. Real spiritual progress begins when a person is no longer preoccupied with either human good or evil, health or disease, wealth or poverty, but is able to penetrate beyond these to the Christhood which is his spiritual identity. Through such spiritual vision, that which has heretofore been identified as error, or evil, normally and naturally disappears because it is no part of spiritual consciousness. Jesus demonstrated this spiritual consciousness again and again. Although he spoke to his followers in terms of their experience-"Martha, thou art . . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 3, The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority
- Chapter Three The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority The first step in our spiritual development and progress included both a physical and mental discipline. That discipline involved remembering God, refraining from stealing, envy, jealousy, and not committing adultery or murder. It was accompanied by the restraints of the thou-shalt-not's-or-God-will-do-something- to-you. In these early days of developing and living by a moral code, people were not capable of disciplining themselves, so there had to be a hierarchy of priests to make certain that the laws were obeyed. The Body and the Mind Must Be Disciplined As generation after generation came under the discipline of the law, eventually more and more persons learned to discipline themselves, no longer requiring an overseeing power to keep them in line. Through this discipline their natures were changed and their desires brought under control. Gradually a better state of humanhood evolved, which is what always happens when the undisciplined come under discipline. Not only do they learn how to behave, but their very nature changes, and they lose the desire and the propensity for undisciplined conduct or thoughts. In the earliest stage of our existence we are disciplined as to our physical acts, and then later our mental activity also comes under discipline. When Jesus was teaching the principles of spiritual living, he said that it was not enough not to commit the act of adultery, but even thinking about it had to be controlled, because there was just as much evil in the desire or thought as there was in the act: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:28 Jesus indicated that first there must be the discipline of rising above the indulgence in an act. Next must come the discipline of the mind, so that it would be incapable of thinking undisciplined thoughts. "He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...till of Spiritual Authority.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 4, The Hidden Kingdom
- Chapter Four The Hidden Kingdom We have been erroneously taught to pray to God for things like money, automobiles, homes, companionship, marriage, or divorce, and that, under certain circumstances, God will grant our requests. We have also been taught that we can pray for peace on earth, while at the same time our armies are out fighting, using the most sophisticated and deadly weapons. When the metaphysical movement began, this type of petitionary prayer was changed into an affirmative type by which we hoped to accomplish better results. We became convinced that if we just made the right declarations, we not only could get an automobile, but we could name the particular make of car we wanted. We not only could get a home, but we could select the climate in which the home should be located. We could pray for a wife or a husband and could even pray for a divorce. All things, we were told, are possible to God, if we just used the right combination of words and thoughts. To a God of Spirit, Pray Only for Spiritual Things Certainly, this new type of prayer has not been any more successful than the old form of prayer. One element was forgotten, one! "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 1 We must take no thought for anything of a material nature, not for what we should eat, what we should drink, or with what we should be clothed. That includes taking no thought for money, because it is money that brings us food, clothing, and housing. When we pray, let it be "Give us this day our daily bread," 2 meaning, give us Grace for today, give us Thy substance, Thy truth, Thy word. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 3 So we must pray for that Word. The Word is incorporeal and spiritual, but somehow, when we pray for the Word, the bread comes, and the meat, the wine, the water, the clothing, and the housing. God is spirit, and if we ask anything of God-not in the name of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, The Hidden Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 10, Meditation on Life by Grace
- ~ 10 ~ MEDITATION ON LIFE BY GRACE The greatest spiritual blessings that come into your experience are not brought about so much by what you know of truth as by the degree of silence you can maintain. What you know of truth, that is, of the letter of truth, acts only as a foundation for the real demonstration of spiritual living. Beyond a few simple statements of truth which every truth student must understand and realize, there is little of an intricate or difficult nature that one has to know so far as knowing truth is concerned. The difficult part comes in developing a state of consciousness which enables him to be inwardly still. Except for the realization of the true nature of prayer, which carries with it the understanding that God does not have to be appealed to or used, and the understanding that all the presence, substance, power, and law of God are where you are, silence is far more valuable than all the speech and all the teaching that can be given. That is why a person can usually do far greater work as a practitioner than as a teacher because a teacher is constantly being called upon to speak, and what he says sometimes deflects from the inward realization that God is. To be able to abide in the is-ness of God is far better than all the teaching or talking in the world. It is not what a person says that does the greater works: it is the quiet, peaceful realization. The first and very simple rule is not to reach out to God for something, to be sure that you do not believe you need a God-power, and to realize constantly that your only need is for the realization of God's grace. Aside from that, the less talking you do about what you know the better for you and for those you are helping. This is especially true for those who are teachers because it is when they are not teaching that they are living closest to their spiritual center. Then, they are not thinking and speaking through the mind, saying things that oftentimes sound foolish. Words always sound ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Meditation on Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 142K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 7, When We Indulge In Condemnation
- When we stop our heckling of people, when we stop our fault-finding, when we acknowledge that the world is returning to us what we are sending out into the world, then is the Spirit of God dwelling in us. When we have learned to forgive the offenses aimed at us personally, racially, religiously, and nationally; when we have learned enough of forgiveness, then the Spirit of God truly dwells in us, and when we are obedient to the ninth commandment, which is "do not bear false witness against your neighbor." 3 Ordinarily, that is understood to mean that you shouldn't gossip or tell tales or repeat scandal about your neighbor, but in The Infinite Way, it has a ... Scripture tells us that "love is the fulfilling of the law," 13 so do not try to get the law to operate in the absence of love, and love means forgiveness. Love means forbearance. Love means to be inwardly clean: clean of hate, jealousy, envy, malice, greed-all of these negative, minor qualities. It may not be possible to go through an entire day or night without some of these negative emotions creeping in on us. That is why we became human beings instead of remaining in the Garden of Eden, but we can purge ourselves twice and three times a day, so we look every man and woman in the face and say, "I have released you into the realization of your God-being. I know that you and the Father are one, and 'all that the Father hath is yours.'" If you only knew what it meant to come into the pres- ence of a person who is not sitting with a mind full of criti- cism, judgment, or condemnation, or, more positively, to come into the consciousness of a person who understands and forgives and forgets; come into the consciousness of a person whose gentleness is such that no thought even enters their secret mind of any harsh nature. Thus do you see we become a center, and everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls "love" because forgiveness is an attribute of love. Understanding is an at- ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 7.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1957, The Christ - The Presence in You
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Christ, The Presence in You THERE is a Presence and a Power which is always available to us, but it can only be realized in secrecy and in silence. Secrecy is one of the most profound truths revealed in the Master's teaching: Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.1 Secrecy is an important principle of The Infinite Way and forms a vital part of its message. Those who have taken this teaching seriously and have followed it have benefited beyond words. There are others who have received the teaching, but who have not understood it. In their inability to perceive its significance, they have not obeyed it, and therefore, have not benefited from it. No teaching is of real value as long as it remains an abstraction; it must find expression in our daily life. Every principle of The Infinite Way should be related to our experience and then lived as our experience. Let us take, as an example, this principle of secrecy enunciated by the Master and see how it can be applied to our everyday relationships. If I perform some good and generous act and if my friends hear about it, they will, in all probability, praise me, thank me, and speak well of me. My ego may be considerably inflated by their acknowledgment and recognition of my good deed. On the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hrist - The Presence in You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 156K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 3, Seeing and Hearing
- ~ 3 ~ SEEING AND HEARING The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore. And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went fourth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the wayside, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.1 Spiritual truth, when it is sown in the human mind, in the intellect, is not effective. A great many people with highly developed intellects, many physicists and physical scientists, believe that God is a necessary adjunct to a well-rounded life and that the practice of religion is desirable. Few have had an actual religious experience in which they have felt the presence and power of God. Most of these intellectuals do not have the spiritual awareness which would make God a demonstrable reality; they are convinced that God is a necessity, but they are not yet convinced of God. Truth, received through the intellect and remaining on the level ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 3, Seeing and Hearing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:26- 118K
Find Similar Documents