The Mystical I: Chapter One, I Stand at the Door
- ... You are safety to those who are in danger; you are healing and health to those who are sick; you are prosperity to those who are poor, not by virtue of yourself-of yourself you are nothing-but by the grace of God which is within, by the spirit of God that is upon you. You are ordained to heal the sick, to raise the dead, to help the poor by the spirit of God to which you have opened yourself. Then all those who reach out to your consciousness receive that same spiritual blessing in proportion to their receptivity. But how can they become more receptive to God, to the Christ, to this spiritual influence? How can you become more receptive? By increasing your givingness. Receptivity is attained only through giving, through pouring out from the center of your being, and the more you give, the more receptive you are to the grace, the presence, and the healing power of God. What you have to give is an individual matter. The question that comes to you then is, "How am I to give? Out of what? I have so little." And the answer is, "That is not true. You have much to give. You have the grace of God; you have all of God, for God has given you all of Himself." The Master has told us some of the things that can be given: forgiveness, prayer. Learn to give forgiveness over and over and over again to your friends and to your enemies. You can pray; you can pray for your enemies. This is another form of giving: praying that your enemies be released from penalties, praying that their consciousness be opened to the light, praying that their sins be forgiven them, even as you would have your sins forgiven you. Receptivity is the key to spiritual attainment, and receptivity is attained through givingness. If you have a little change or more than a little to give, give and share it where you will. Remember, however, that givingness is not only the giving of material things, but is your attitude of forgiving, benevolence, peace, and good will toward all men. This is the real givingness: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er One, I Stand at the Door.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 117K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XX, The Meaning of Initiation
- CHAPTER XX THE MEANING OF INITIATION Initiation is an act of Grace bestowed on individuals at a certain time in their unfoldment, lifting them into the master-state of consciousness. There is far less opportunity for a student to attain initiation in the Western World than in the Eastern because in the West we are brought up from childhood with the idea of equality. We are taught that we are all equal, and therefore we do not have the correct understanding of the role of a spiritual teacher, or what spiritual consciousness is. We do not realize that while we may have political and economic equality, we are far from being equal in spiritual development. We of the Western World do not lend ourselves to becoming students of a spiritual teaching. Oh yes, we are very eager in the first year or so to jump up from the status of a beginner into being at least a master, and then going on from there. Attaining the spiritual life, however, does not come so quickly: it is a life of continuous dedication to that which is greater than we are. Personally, I do not believe that a student can consciously prepare for initiation, nor have I ever seen anyone who had initiation as his goal achieve it. Rather the goal must always be the attainment of that mind that was in Christ Jesus without any thought of receiving initiation or experiencing the effects of initiation. As the student takes his first steps on the Path leading to illumination, he learns to meditate on the indwelling Spirit. Initiation carries him from one step to another into the awareness of the Presence, on and on and on, purifying him to the extent that he no longer wants God to destroy his enemies, but is willing always to forgive and love them because he knows that it is only through their ignorance that evil is being expressed. He is purified to such a degree that he no longer wishes to gain his ends by any personal sense of might or power. In way after way his life becomes so purified that it is lived in dedication ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Meaning of Initiation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 139K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 24, 1963, Hidden Manna-The Real Infinite Way
- HIDDEN MANNA-THE REAL INFINITE WAY August 24, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. It is very noticeable that far too many students do not know what makes The Infinite Way, or why there is an Infinite Way message. If our students knew the answer, their progress would be very rapid; but, because they do not catch this major point, they struggle for years not knowing where they are going or why. That which started me on the spiritual path and which ultimately led to The Infinite Way, was the realization that there is no God in the human world or in any religious teaching as such. There is no God answering the prayers of people. For this reason, and for this reason only, there can be a world filled with all the things you can think of which constitute horrible world conditions. None of this would be if there were a God in the world. In the presence of light there is no darkness. You cannot have the presence of the Christ and have a sin or a death or a lack or man's inhumanity to man. Eventually it was revealed to me that you cannot reach God through the mind, and that is why prayers as such are worthless except as one's blind faith might make of them a little power-just as it is possible to give a little sugar pill and stop pain. In this realization you must remember that this makes any religion or any religious teaching in and of itself nothing more nor less than a philosophy. The only thing that can make a religion a religion is something that brings the actual presence and power of God into concrete manifestation, and it is for this reason that we say The Infinite Way is not so much a teaching as an experience. There are spiritual principles, but these do not constitute The Infinite Way. These are but stepping stones or bridges over which you walk. You have not reached the goal of The Infinite Way until you have the actual realized presence of God or activity of the Christ. It is for this reason that we cannot have outlined or formalized prayers or treatments. They ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...anna--The Real Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 4, Overcoming Our Sense of Separation from God
- ... It has no more power to discriminate saint from sinner than the law of gravity can discriminate a one-dollar object from a thousand-dollar object. However, one cannot violate the law of God without producing discords-not because God withholds His Grace or because He is punishing the sinner, but because by violating the law of God we withhold ourselves from Grace. "Though your sins be scarlet, you are white as snow." The Master said to the thief on the cross, "I will take you into Paradise with me tonight." That was not a very long punishment for the crime, was it? Mary Magdalene's sins were forgiven as soon as she repented and indicated that her sins were behind her. Throughout the New Testament you will not find that Jesus ever held anyone in bondage for sinning. "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." Worse things befall you, not through God's punishing you, but because you reap what you sow. If you condemn yourself for a past fault-a sin of omission or commission- and believe that you are being punished for it, realize that the nature of God is Love and Forgiveness. God's memory of your sins is short. You are the only one bringing your past offenses to your consciousness. You cannot live yesterday. There are no yesterdays in your experience except the yesterdays you carry over in your memory. God is not doing it. You are. God Cannot Be Deceived Always remember that the Spirit is closer to you than breathing. You can't deceive It because It is your self, It is your intelligence, It is your wisdom, It is the very guiding instinct of your being. Therefore, you cannot steal something and think God will not see you. God is right at the center of your being, and the moment you violate a spiritual principle, you are out of tune with It. Acknowledge the Presence of God Many people near death or suffering from disease believe that in some way they have become separated from God. Then they struggle and strive to find God. That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ense of Separation from God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 12, The Power & Dominion
- ~ 12 ~ THE POWER AND DOMINION THERE ARE TWO WORLDS: there is the world of the man of earth, who is not under the law of God; and then there is the world of the son of God, the world of the spiritual universe in which life is lived not by taking thought, but by divine Grace. While we already know about this outer world, we do not yet know enough about the life by Grace. God gave us dominion over everything there is between the skies and the bottom of the sea. But bit by bit, we have surrendered our dominion and become prodigal sons. We have turned our back on the kingdom of God and lived in a material sense of world made up of human beings, groveling at the feet of some unknown God, praying for crumbs, when all the time the true God in the midst of us made us heirs of the entire kingdom. In the recognition of our divine sonship, we must once again accept our dominion, and this means that we create our own world. The world does not create conditions for us; people do not create conditions for us. We are not the victims of politics, of war or dictators, of circumstances or conditions; we are not the victims of sin or disease: we are the victims of what we, ourselves, have created. Never again must we give dominion to man or circumstances, but henceforth, we must live under the laws revealed to us by the Master Christian. LIFE MORE ABUNDANT "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 1 The word "I" used in that statement does not mean Jesus. It does not mean your teacher or practitioner. This I is your very Self, the savior and redeemer at the center of your being, and therefore, you dare not go to God even for supply because you already have I, the Spirit of God, in the midst of you. "I am the resurrection." 2 This truth would be of no avail to you if it applied only to Jesus. The truth is that the power of resurrection-the resurrection of your body, of your health, your wealth, your marriage, your home, or your family-is within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, The Power & Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 8, On the Sea of Spirit
- 8) On the Sea of Spirit Life on the spiritual path can be divided into three major periods: the first a very pleasant one, the second not quite so comfortable, and the third not only pleasant but satisfying. The first stage is pleasant because our thoughts are centered primarily on changing conditions of evil, error, discord, and inharmony into more harmonious conditions, and, as many of us have discovered, some of these changes do take place. We gain a better sense of health, very often a much better sense of supply, and our human relationships adjust themselves and become much more satisfactory than they were before. In this first stage of our spiritual unfoldment, it is a joyous thing to watch some part of the old man "die," 1 and the new man be "born," watch the old conditions disappear, and new and more harmonious ones appear. LIVING IN TWO WORLDS The second stage is probably the longest period, and the most difficult one. This is because in the second stage we are living in two worlds. We have glimpsed something of the nature of Reality, and something of the unreal nature of the phenomenal world, gradually leading us to a state of consciousness where we do not quickly run for an aspirin the moment we have a cold, or immediately consult a doctor when something more serious develops. We have little or no fear about these disturbing physical conditions because they no longer hold the same terror for us. Unfortunately, most of our friends do not think as we do, and they can make life fairly miserable for us by reminding us that we must be practical, that we must protect ourselves from disease and danger, and that it is unreasonable and impractical to forgive our enemies. Because of this conflict, we often find ourselves living in two worlds with the necessity of catering to both of them. Apparently, there is no way of running away from either one of them; and inasmuch as we do not want to lose the spiritual ground that we have gained by so much work, study, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, On the Sea of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 165K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 3, God's Blessing Is Not Dependent on Thought or Thing
- ... Take no thought for the things of "this world." Do your work; fulfill your mission on earth, in your household, in your family, in your business, in your art, in your profession. I am the very bread of life, the very supply. I am here that you might have it more abundantly. With this meditation we will find a peace descending, and eventually the words will come to an end. Perhaps for twenty, thirty, or forty seconds we will be completely at peace, without a single thought. That is sufficient. That is why it is much better to have six or ten one to two-minute periods every day than it is to have one or two half-hour periods of relaxing into God's grace. We are not seeking anything; we are remembering: Thy grace is free. It is not dependent on what I think or do; Thy grace is free. My remembrance of this will make me think and do that which is spiritually right. It is possible to love this God with all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our might, for this God has no remembrance of the past; this God has full forgiveness in the present. TAPE RECORDED EXCERPTS Prepared by the Editor The listing of the titles of chapters in the writings dealing with Christmas and the recordings used in the preparation of these chapters, proved to be of such inestimable value to the students in gaining a deeper awareness of the real meaning of Christmas that at this Easter season which marks the culmination of the Christ experience, the Easter messages found in Joel S. Goldsmith's writings are listed below. Those students who work with these chapters and recordings throughout the coming months will have their own special Easter-experience of rising above this world of mental concepts into the realm of pure Consciousness. The Easter-Experience "Resurrection," Chapter 4 of The 1957 Infinite Way Letters from Joel S. Goldsmith's "The Teacher Within," The 1956 Second Steinway Hall Closed Class, Tape 2:2; "Establishing your Spiritual Integrity," The 1955 First Kailua Study Group, Tape ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pendent on Thought or Thing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 12, The Realm of God
- CHAPTER 12 The Realm of God CAN YOU imagine what it means to break the limitations of personal selfhood in this realization when I say "I"? I am talking about a Kingdom of God, a Realm of God, that is within me, which is my inner spiritual selfhood, and out of this I flows infinite capacity, infinite substance, infinite abundance, infinite wisdom, infinite love. Now what happens in this and no other way that has ever been discovered or revealed to man, is that we break what the Orientals call karmic law, and also what in Christian teaching is called "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." Please remember that as human beings we are born into the law of "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." If you are good, goodness comes back to you, and in the degree that you are not good, something of an ungood nature comes back to you. In the Bible, back in the days of Moses and even before, it was erroneously taught that it is God that rewards you and God that punishes you. Of course, the Hebrews accepted this for generations and generations, and then finally the Christians took over that teaching and they too have made a point of it-that God rewards you and God punishes you. But there isn't a word of Truth in the entire teaching. All of the good that comes into your experience as a human is a direct result of your own good: "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." All of the evil that comes into your experience comes back as a direct result either of the evil you have sown or the ignorance of Truth that you have accepted. It has nothing to do with God, because "God is too pure to behold iniquity." I can also assure you of this: in the entire Kingdom of God, there is neither reward nor punishment. In the entire Kingdom of God there is no evil. In the entire Kingdom of God, there is no giving and there is no withholding-for you must understand that if there were giving, there would first have to be withholding. In other words, if there were any such thing as the sun giving light, it would indicate that at ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 12, The Realm of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 12, Living By Prayer
- ~ 12 ~ LIVING BY PRAYER TO LIVE BY PRAYER means to reach a state of consciousness where we come into conscious oneness with the Presence, that inner Source, and live without taking thought, without struggle, and without striving. Prayer is undoubtedly the highest way of life there is. It was the way of the Master who not only lived by prayer, but often went away for forty days and forty nights of prayer. Prayer can be a hymn of gratitude that the kingdom of God, all the Father has, was established within us from the beginning. Prayer can be a recognition of our relationship with God as heir of God and joint-heir to all the heavenly riches. Prayer can be the recognition of the spiritual nature of the child of God and the spiritual nature of creation. One thing prayer must not be: it must not be a going to a God of Spirit and asking for something material. If prayer is to bear fruit, It must be a recognition of the omnipresence of spiritual good, but that does not mean expecting that prayer to be answered in terms of a new house or a new automobile. A life of prayer is a continuous recognition of the spiritual nature of God, the child of God, and the universe of God. Prayer must be a recognition of the spiritual nature of all law as being of God, and therefore spiritual, good, and full of justice. This breaks any bondage to material, mental, medical, or legal laws. Prayer is an attitude of listening. Prayer is a recognition that we do not live by anything in the material realm. Prayer is an awareness that God is not in the whirlwind, and by whirlwind we mean any of the physical manifestations of error or discord. God is not in sin, disease, or accidents: God is in the "still small voice." 1 If we want to experience the presence of God, is there any other way of attaining it than by recognizing that we must hear the "still small voice"? When we hear It, we receive some spiritual awareness. It does not necessarily mean an audible message, but every time that we receive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 12, Living By Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 9, Two Or More Gathered Together
- ... All who come to the meeting are forgiven, forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into His grace because my mind is filled with His grace, with His word, and with His truth. All who enter, enter the divine Presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locusts are restored to them by divine Grace which God has given me. Every ... You have to live in a constant attitude of no condemnation, leaving it to every person whether or not he wants to sin and be punished. What he does is not your affair. Your concern is to live always in an attitude of forgiveness. While maintaining this attitude of forgiveness, you do not walk around foolishly saying in the face of misconduct, "You are God's perfect child," but you do say that insofar as you are concerned, his sins are ... I am here only as a transparency for the Spirit of God; I am here only that all in the world who are seeking light may find entrance to my consciousness and be illumined. I am here for only one purpose, that the sick reaching out for wholeness, the sinner reaching out for forgiveness, the dying reaching out for life, may find entrance into this tabernacle which I am and from which all ... and became the means whereby the woman who passed through the throng and touched the robe was healed, so can people enter a room where a dedicated consciousness has been praying, even after the person has left, and find healing, comfort, and forgiveness just as they might find it if they entered an empty church where there was a minister, a priest, or a rabbi of truly spiritual stature. ... You are living as the Master lived. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 11 Drop your burdens. Here there is sanctuary; here you will find no criticism, no judgment. Here you will find forgiveness. Father, be a light unto those who enter this temple. Be their joy. Be their renewal. Come, all ye that labour, and all ye that are heavy laden. I, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...o Or More Gathered Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:26- 127K
Find Similar Documents