Consciousness Transformed: February 16, 1964, Your Door to Infinity
- YOUR DOOR TO INFINITY February 16, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IF YOU REMEMBER what we had this morning on tape number 4, side 2, Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center 1964, there is only one thing that can be added to that and I will not have to say too much about it because we had the subject recently, and that is secrecy. The vital art of this practice is the ability to keep it locked up within you and perform it and practice it without ever speaking of it to anyone. Never under any circumstances let it come through your lips until such time as you have completed the demonstration and are fully living in the consciousness that enables you to automatically turn within every hour of the day, every quarter hour of the day, and realize that right here where you are, in the midst of your meal, at any moment, you can turn within and you will be flooded with whatever you need: inspiration, light, wisdom, principles, courage, foresight, judgement, integrity. Whatever it is that may be the need of the moment, you just have to blink your eyes and immediately I have access to all that God has. When you are demonstrating this in your life and the fruitage is apparent, then you can begin to teach it and impart it to others, but not before. If you try to tell it or teach it before you have demonstrated it, you will be telling something to someone else that you have not proven; you will lose your self-respect by setting yourself up as a teacher of something you do not know, or pretending that something is a principle which you have not demonstrated. At first there will be those who will tell you that it is selfishness, that you must give everything you have. No! Just because you know about it does not mean that you have attained the consciousness of it. Spiritually, never give that which you have not attained. If you learn of a principle that seems reasonable to you, practice it until your life shows it forth. Then when someone is led to you, you can share it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1964, Your Door to Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 14, I the Lord Have Called Thee
- ~ 14 ~ "I THE LORD HAVE CALLED THEE" Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:1-5: 10, 11 Do you see that the conviction that has to come to each one of us is that because the he, the it, the I of our being is the power, not one of us can fail? Do you see how there is no way for us to gain confidence or to lose fear until that moment of transition when we inwardly sense that he has that power, and because he has that power, we cannot fail? Do you see how this brings out, not only a sense of humility, it brings out the realization-not a quotation in a book, but the realization-that there is a "he." Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. Isaiah 40:28-30 Even the young, who depend on their muscles, who depend on their vitality or their youth, even they will come face to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...I the Lord Have Called Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 24, 1963, Self-Surrender
- SELF-SURRENDER February 24, 1963 Halekulani Hotel SOMETIMES WE WONDER how it is that the message of the Master was lost. When we stop to think of the fact that he spoke to people who could not read or write for the most part, then we do not wonder any more. The miracle is that anyone remembered what is in the four Gospels, because they were written thirty years after the crucifixion. In other words, someone had to remember for thirty years in order to give us even the little that we have. I believe this is the reason we have so little of the Master's teachings. We today are in a different position. When anyone speaks today, their words can be preserved in writing, in recordings, and in so many different forms, that a message that proves good today should never become lost. For the past two weeks we have been on a subject, a principle of life really, that should change the nature of our lives- not because we have heard the message but because, in addition to hearing it, we have it on paper and this paper will serve as a reminder. The principle with which we were concerned last week is probably the most important principle in all mystical literature on mystical living. To hear it once is good but, unless it actually registers within us, it does not do too much for us. Therefore, the responsibility rests upon us to practice it, to work with it, and to meditate upon the principle until we are able to demonstrate it. Now let us go back to last week for just a moment. Remember that the principle revealed was the fact that spiritually we live in God, we are supported by God, we are sustained by God. I have an illustration. Some of you remember the hymn, "When All Material Streams Are Dry, Thy Fullness Is the Same." Many of us have experienced this. Through a deadly disease, or a period of lack or some circumstance of human relationships, we come to a place in our lives where there is no material help. Our back is against the wall. There is no human means of help available, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ry 24, 1963, Self-Surrender.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 91K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 6, The New Name
- ~ 6 ~ THE NEW NAME "To him that overcometh"-more especially to him who overcomes that desire to seek and to search in the outer realm-"will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth." 1 What is that name? Christ. No more are you Jones, Brown, or Smith; no more are you "man, whose breath is in his nostrils;" 2 no more are you a man seeking good; no more are you a prodigal, separate and apart from the Father's house. Now your name is Christ. Is there anything for the Christ to receive? Or is the Christ that which feeds and heals the multitudes, that which restores and resurrects, that which is, in and of itself, the kingdom of all harmony? A new name you receive: no longer man. But would you tell your friends that you are the Christ? No! Never voice such things as "I am God," "I am spiritual," "I am the Christ," or "I am the son of God." Do not ever do that! It would not be true. It would be just the same as going around and saying, "I am honest; I am moral; I am good." You could hardly do that, and if you did, I am afraid your neighbors might suspect you. And they would certainly have every right to suspect you if you ever said, "I am the Christ." Only once or twice did the Master reveal his true identity. He was very, very careful about that. Even when Pilate asked him, "Art thou the King of the Jews?" Jesus' answer was, "Thou sayest." 3 He did not say it! All life is a matter of choices. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve." 4 If you choose, you can remain "man, whose breath is in his nostrils." If you choose, you can continue your search for good, your search for supply, your search for eternality and for immortality. You can continue your search for peace, and sometime or other you may stumble upon it or it may be brought to you. Or you can give up your search this very moment: you can give up your desire for good; you can give up all expectation of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 6, The New Name.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 105K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VI, The Earth Is the Lord's
- CHAPTER VI THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. PSALMS 24:1 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet. PSALMS 8:3-6 In the contemplation of God's universe, the mind is centered in God. As we quietly, gently, and peacefully observe God in action on earth as It is in heaven, we are witnessing the glory of God. Practicing this form of meditation or contemplation, day in and day out, will bring us to a state of consciousness where discursive thought slows down and finally stops. One of these days, as we are engaged in this spiritual activity of watching God at work, a second of silence will occur in which there is no thought of any kind. In that split second, the activity or presence of God will make Itself known to us. From that moment on, we know that God is closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet, and that the kingdom of God is within us. Out of the void and darkness, out of the stillness of our consciousness, the Spirit of God moves to create for us our world of form: I have come to this quiet hour to contemplate God and the things of God. Every blessing upon this earth is an emanation or an expression of God and God's law: the sun that warms us and the rain that feeds our plants and trees. The stars, the tides, and the moon all fulfill functions of God and yet appear as blessings to man. It could have been no accident that God hung the sun up in the sky, millions of miles away from the earth, just far enough away to give us the proper amount of warmth and the right amount of coolness. God really is the intelligence of this universe-an ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...VI, The Earth Is the Lord's.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 82K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Salesmanship
- Salesmanship SCIENTIFIC CHRISTIANITY has revealed to human thought the present possibility of health and success. It has shown us how to think and live so as to individualize the power of Spirit, God, and how to utilize the laws of Mind with which to establish and maintain the harmony of mind, body and business. One of the outstanding facts learned through the study and application of Truth to human affairs concerns the subject of salesmanship. All our earthly experiences involve to some extent the ability to sell. Many are actively engaged in selling commodities or services as a means of earning a living. The understanding of Truth is of vital importance to these "ambassadors of trade," as salespeople are often called. We ordinarily think of selling as the disposition of goods or services to another for a sum of money or for some other form of trade. The best salesman is believed to be the one who can dispose of the most goods, or secure the highest prices for his product. These goals are attained in various ways, some of them ethical, others called "high-pressure salesmanship" which would not be considered in a business conducted according to the Golden Rule. The student of Truth would always be the most successful salesman if he rightly understood and applied the laws of Mind in his work. Christian scientific selling can never meet with failure. It knows no "bad seasons" or "rainy weather" or "unseasonable weather" or any other of the innumerable excuses or alibis that are frequently given instead of orders. The beginning of our understanding, or the starting point, is this: There is but one Mind, and this Mind is the Mind of individual man. Therefore the Mind of the buyer is the Mind of the seller; the Mind of the customer is the Mind of the storekeeper; the Mind of the designer, the manufacturer, the wholesaler, retailer and ultimate consumer is one and the same Mind, the ONLY Mind, individually expressed. The importance of this fundamental understanding ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith_ Salesmanship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 68K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 1, True Prayer, The Source Of Our Good
- ~ 1 ~ TRUE PRAYER, THE SOURCE OF OUR GOOD THE FIRST TIME that a person ever came to me for healing and asked, "Will you pray for me?" was when I knew nothing about prayer except the well-known childhood prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep." Although not a very grown-up prayer or a deeply spiritual one, for many years it helped to put me to sleep at night. The reason for this would later become clear, after I had gained some understanding of prayer. I was going to sleep; I was going to become unconscious; I was going to enter a state in which I could not take care of myself; and by laying myself down to sleep and placing myself in God's hands, I was throwing the responsibility off myself, thus enabling me to relax in His care. That is about as high a form of prayer as there is-not the words, but that attitude of "Father, I am going to be asleep. Anything can happen in my sleep, and I will not be around to protect myself. So now, as I lay me down to sleep, please take care of me. Take over while I am out." That attitude is a surrender, virtually saying, "I can of my own self do nothing while I am asleep, so, Father, You take over." It is the surrender of any dependence on material resources; it is throwing oneself completely on the spiritual. Let me therefore tell you what happened when that first person asked me to pray for him. I closed my eyes and said, "Father, You know that I do not know how to pray, so what is the next step?" Instantly, a voice came back and said, "Man cannot heal," and the whole responsibility dropped away from me. I still did not feel that I was praying and I still did not know how to pray. But you can see that I really was praying the very moment I acknowledged that I did not know how to pray. Paul prayed much the same prayer when he said, "For we know not what we should pray for as we ought." 1 That is one of the highest forms of prayer ever conceived by man-not that the words will do anything for anyone. If, however, you have the feeling ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...yer, The Source Of Our Good.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 15, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 15 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE, we are not here to have a good time; we are not here just to sit back and listen to a lecture on truth or to listen to a talk on truth. This is really classwork. This is really where you are supposed to go out knowing all that is to be known about the subject. I asked you, when we began, to release me from a sense of time and you have, so if it is necessary to stay here, that is all right with me. I want you to know that, so when we are through you do not feel that you are leaving with a lot of unanswered questions. There will be some unanswered questions in your thought and that is natural, because most of the answers are going to come to you in the weeks to come through your meditation. One of the things that you will learn here is that answers come through meditation. You can take almost anything you want into meditation and get the answer. You see, we know absolutely nothing about the meaning of the word God or Christ or truth or light or grace. What little we know we have read in dictionaries and books that men have written, and are merely faint tracings of tremendously deep subjects. Now, the individual who has had an unfoldment or revelation on some spiritual truth may be said to know that spiritual truth-at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment or demonstration. But, when that individual comes to tell you about it, it is very apt to be secondhand except in some moments of our illumined consciousness when his impartation might reveal quite a bit to you. But to be on the safe side, let us assume for this moment that we know little or nothing about the Christ. Of course we know this much, that the Christ isn't a man. We know that the Christ isn't an historical figure; we know that the Christ wasn't born at a particular time or in a particular country or of a particular nation. We know that before Abraham was, the Christ is-and we know that even unto the end of the world, the Christ will be. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 15 Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 3, Self-Completeness
- ~ 3 ~ SELF-COMPLETENESS You are Self-complete through God. You are not, and never will be, complete because of any effort you have ever made toward being good or being spiritual. Your completeness is in God. This is in accordance with the teaching of the Master Christ Jesus: "I can of mine own self do nothing. 1 . . . The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 2 . . . Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. 3 . . . My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." 4 In other words, all the power of Jesus was really the power of the Christ made evident through Jesus. Remember that, in and of yourself, you are nothing except that God be the reality of your being. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ you are fulfilled in all your completeness. So you can draw on your Christhood for anything to the extent of your realization of this truth. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4 Think of a tree with its trunk and its root system deep down in the earth, and then think of the branches on the tree. The tree has a root system which draws into it the food from the earth. It has a distributing system that sends that food up through the trunk out into the branches. There is a catalytic agent that turns the sun and the air and the water into some kind of an essence that feeds the branches and later becomes the fruit. Now for a moment think of yourself as a branch, and realize how you are being fed: through the trunk, or the vine, from the earth. As a human being, you are not partaking of that divine substance: you are a branch cut off from the trunk of the tree. It would appear that each of us is a separate unit, walking around in space, none of us attached to the other, none of us at one with the other, and certainly no sign of any God, feeding, supporting, maintaining, or supplying us: just ourselves, lone branches suspended in space, attached to nothing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 3, Self-Completeness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 93K
Find Similar Documents