Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 4, Consciousness
- ... In the mystical life, you do not disdain the physical realm, nor do you belittle the mental realm. You realize that to be a whole man, in addition to the physical and mental, there must be that infinite, divine Consciousness which gives you your soul integrity and your love for your neighbor. Did you ever stop to think that as a human being a person cannot love his neighbor as himself? Have you ever stopped to think how impossible that is? A person might be able to love the neighbor he likes, but he would be very "choosey" about the neighbor that he is going to love as himself. Do you not see that only as the Soul of God is your Soul can you love your neighbor as yourself and not care whether he is a friendly or an unfriendly neighbor, but love in the sense that God loves? Have you ever stopped to think that, as a human being, it is impossible to pray for your enemies, and if you do, it is only lip service? Do you not know that humanly you cannot forgive "seventy times seven"? 3 Even if you could forgive seventy times seven, it would never be forgiveness until you forgave through that part of you which is divine, that part of you which knows that humanly you have enough faults of your own, and as you would be forgiven, so you forgive. Whether individual consciousness is aware at the physical or mental level, behind both must be the Consciousness that is aware, and that Consciousness is God. Now bring that down to the truth that the Consciousness that is God is the consciousness that you are, and you have oneness. Then you can relax your personal efforts; you can relax from taking thought for your life. Why should you take thought when the Consciousness that formed you is responsible for maintaining and sustaining you? You can relax in His Spirit and His wisdom, because His Spirit and His wisdom are yours. If you live merely as a physical being, people will speak of you as being strong or weak, meaning that you have a strong or a weak body. If you have risen into the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ Chapter 4, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 1, God Is Individual Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ GOD IS INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS To experience God unfolding as individual consciousness is the purpose of the Infinite Way. It is a revelation within your own being of your own being, an experience which takes place within you. The kingdom of God is within you. As a matter of fact, you are the individualization of all that God is: "Son, all that I have is thine." 1 Therefore, the work of the Infinite Way is to reveal the Infinite Invisible within you to that part of you which we call the outer, the visible, or human being, which, in reality, is not a human being at all, but a divine being. The world interprets the human scene in human terms, and therefore that which is appearing in and to the world as a human being, that is, as you or as me, through this work, will receive from within the depth of his own being the revelation of his true nature. The impartation, then, in this work, is not from one intellect to another. It is divine Consciousness revealing Itself as individual being. The things of God are foolishness with men, but "if any man have ears to hear, let him hear." 2 Let this message solidify as your own individual consciousness; let the words go round and round in your own consciousness until you catch the inner vision of what is written in these pages: Then, it will become your own. After that, you will be able to teach it, but not in my words, in my language, or by using my experiences; it will become your own individual unfoldment of this same truth. In metaphysics, you cannot teach the letter of truth and get very far. The real teaching is the importation of spiritual consciousness. If I give you something that I have merely heard or read or memorized, it will bring forth no real response from within you. Unless the teaching has become my very consciousness, you will not be able to take it in. The only truth which you will receive in consciousness from reading this book is that which is a living part of my own being. You will catch the fire of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Is Individual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 154K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 9, From Humanhood to Divinity
- Chapter Nine From Humanhood to Divinity The Old Testament and the New Testament together make up what the world knows as the Christian Bible, and this might lead one to think that the whole of the Old Testament is the same in its religious teaching as is the New Testament, or that in the Bible there is to be found only one teaching. This is not true. In the Old Testament, which of course stands firmly on the teaching of Moses and the Hebrew prophets, the law is set forth. This law is the foundation for that state of our consciousness which may be called the Hebraic state, and while we are in the Hebraic state of consciousness, it is necessary to have that law. The Law Let us not think, however, that that is the same teaching as Christianity, or that it represents what Jesus Christ came to give this world. It does not, "for the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." 1 The Christian way of life is a life by grace, not a life by law. According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, we do not honor our mother and father because of obedience to one of the Ten Commandments: we honor our mother and father because we have accepted the teaching of love-thy-neighbor-as-thyself, and our mother and father are just as much a neighbor as the person down the street. It would be difficult to exclude our mother and father from our love; but, on the other hand, it should be equally difficult to exclude the neighbor down the street or across the boundary. What do we have when we live under the law? We have a Sabbath, one day that must be kept holy. In the Christian Church, this is still observed, even though it is a different Sabbath Day from that observed in the traditional Hebrew synagogue. But anyone who sets aside any day of the week as holy or accepts one day of the week as more holy than another has not yet discerned the teaching of Jesus Christ. There are 365 holy days in every year, except Leap Year, and then there are 366 holy days. If that is not true, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... From Humanhood to Divinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 7, The Power to Become the Son of God
- ~ 7 ~ THE POWER TO BECOME THE SON OF GOD Life is a matter of individual demonstration. Hundreds of persons may be exposed to the same truth, but only a few will benefit from it. The words each person reads may be the same, and the consciousness back of those words the same, but the difference lies in individual receptivity and individual responsiveness to the spiritual word. The benefit derived by any person results by virtue of some active receptivity within him. Those of you who have had experience in the healing work must realize this. If ten patients come into your orbit in a single day and you give the same degree of integrity to each one, the same understanding, consciousness, and faithfulness in treatment, one of them may receive an instantaneous healing; three, very quick healing; three, long drawn out and protracted healing; and others, no healing. Why is that? In every case, the treatment was equally able and faithful, so what is the difference? The difference is in the degree of spiritual receptivity in the consciousness of the person who is seeking your help. He may have it in great or slight degree, or he may have no spiritual receptivity whatsoever. That is no reason for criticism or praise because no one is responsible for the degree of his receptivity or spiritual integrity. That is a matter over which he has no control. Some people have come into this world more spiritually blessed and more spiritually receptive than others, whereas some have come into this world more materialistically inclined, and they, therefore, will have a greater struggle developing the necessary spiritual receptivity and responsiveness. When a practitioner begins to work with a patient or student, it is not possible to know whether he will have an instantaneous or a slow healing because the practitioner does not know the factors that are involved. He does not know what there is in the patient's consciousness that may be blocking the message or preventing the spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er to Become the Son of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Five, Spiritual Attainment Through Prayer
- CHAPTER FIVE SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT THROUGH PRAYER Spiritual healing can be accomplished in several ways: It may come about through those who possess a healing consciousness, are fully aware of this gift which has been bestowed upon them through the grace of God, and use it to bless mankind; it may be experienced by some person who has no knowledge whatsoever of spiritual things, but who may have unknowingly brought himself within the healing orbit of God's grace; or it may be that a conscious knowing of the correct letter of truth, that is, the principles of truth, eventually leads to the development of that spiritual consciousness necessary for healing. Since most healing is brought about through treatment, that is, through first knowing the correct letter of truth, every metaphysical student, regardless of which approach he chooses or elects to follow, should be able to give an intelligent treatment. This, however, has nothing to do with making affirmations and denials or uttering metaphysical clichés because such procedures are far removed from the giving of intelligent and loving treatments. All metaphysical teachings have as their goal the bringing of spiritual living into the experience of their students, and giving them some understanding of the nature of treatment, so that, through the practice of treatment, spiritual consciousness may be developed. The spiritual consciousness which is so essential to the healing work cannot be achieved through blind faith, however, nor merely by making metaphysical statements, even if, and though, the statements are true. Behind every statement of truth uttered and behind every treatment given, there must be understanding. THE PRINCIPLE OF ONE POWER No one can give a spiritual healing treatment intelligently unless, first, he anchors himself in the realization that since God is all power, there is no power that is required to do anything to anything, for anything, or for anybody, for any reason. We do not even need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...l Attainment Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Sense of Truth
- SPIRITUAL SENSE OF TRUTH Psm. 127:1 - "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. " REGARDLESS OF the human effort we put into any enterprise, if it is not backed by spiritual awareness, all we can expect from it is limited fruitage. There is a vast difference between statements of truth and Truth itself. A statement of truth is what you declare; Truth itself is what is imparted to you from within your being. Statements of truth are read in books; Truth itself is what you discern between the lines. Shankara, probably 800 B.C., wrote: "If the supreme truth remains unknown, the study of scripture is fruitless; the study of the letter alone is useless; the Spirit must be sought out by intuition." The human mind claims to be a builder, to be a power, claims that it can do things for us. For generations the world has gone on trying to build humanly, and all it has accomplished is limitation. To insure the safety, security and prosperity of our existence, we have to come into the consciousness - the conscious awareness - of the presence of God. Without this awareness, it is just as erroneous to make statements like, "God will help me; God is everpresent and does help me," as it is to forget to make those statements. The statements themselves have no power. The human mind making such statements does not even believe in them. There must be an actual awareness of the presence of God. This must be felt within your own being. "I can of mine own self do nothing" is as high a declaration as can be made. It shows forth the absolute nothingness of even a great man like Jesus. "My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me"-"The Father within me, He doeth the works"-"Except the Lord build the house"-there must be an actual consciousness of the presence of this infinite divine spiritual Power acting within or really as your being. In Acts 1:21 to 26, we come to a place where Judas has committed suicide and a successor is going to be appointed to fill his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e_ Spiritual Sense of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 12, The Realm of God
- CHAPTER 12 The Realm of God CAN YOU imagine what it means to break the limitations of personal selfhood in this realization when I say "I"? I am talking about a Kingdom of God, a Realm of God, that is within me, which is my inner spiritual selfhood, and out of this I flows infinite capacity, infinite substance, infinite abundance, infinite wisdom, infinite love. Now what happens in this and no other way that has ever been discovered or revealed to man, is that we break what the Orientals call karmic law, and also what in Christian teaching is called "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." Please remember that as human beings we are born into the law of "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." If you are good, goodness comes back to you, and in the degree that you are not good, something of an ungood nature comes back to you. In the Bible, back in the days of Moses and even before, it was erroneously taught that it is God that rewards you and God that punishes you. Of course, the Hebrews accepted this for generations and generations, and then finally the Christians took over that teaching and they too have made a point of it-that God rewards you and God punishes you. But there isn't a word of Truth in the entire teaching. All of the good that comes into your experience as a human is a direct result of your own good: "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." All of the evil that comes into your experience comes back as a direct result either of the evil you have sown or the ignorance of Truth that you have accepted. It has nothing to do with God, because "God is too pure to behold iniquity." I can also assure you of this: in the entire Kingdom of God, there is neither reward nor punishment. In the entire Kingdom of God there is no evil. In the entire Kingdom of God, there is no giving and there is no withholding-for you must understand that if there were giving, there would first have to be withholding. In other words, if there were any such thing as the sun giving light, it would indicate that at ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 12, The Realm of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 13, Know Thy Self
- CHAPTER 13 Know Thy Self WE HAVE concluded that the measure of Christ that is raised up in an individual is the measure of Christ loosed in consciousness to raise up others. Then if you have been lifted up by so much as a particle of spiritual light, you are carrying that particle out into the world. This means that any degree of sin, disease, lack, or limitation that touches your consciousness immediately starts to be dissolved, and others get healings. But I am afraid to tell you that it also means that anyone who comes into the orbit of your experience clinging to the desire to do evil is apt to find themselves getting ready for a funeral, because coming into contact with the Christ of your consciousness will do to them what it did unto Judas Iscariot. If Judas will not let go of his evil, he will be carried off with his evil. We have on earth-and I can testify to this, since I travel the entire earth- hundreds of thousands of people (and we come in contact with tens of thousands of them) who are desirous of losing not only their diseases but their sins, their false appetites, their resentments, their jealousies, their envying, their malice, their lust, their greed. And because of Christ loosed in consciousness, they are finding healing. Also, there are those in all parts of the world who still believe that it is perfectly all right to live by the sword. They do not know that in this age, they are going to hit up against the Christ and die by the sword. They do not realize that the weapon that they use against humanity is the weapon that will cut them down, and not in the far future but in the very near present. As we have already noted, there was a time when man's inhumanity to man could make men rich and powerful; but that time has passed, that time is gone. There is a sufficient amount of the Christ loosed in human consciousness, that as evil hits up against that Christ, the evil is destroyed and the individual is set free. Again: only where the individual is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 13, Know Thy Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 15, A Great Secret
- ... Since God Is from everlasting to everlasting, the nature of God must be eternity, infinity. There could be nothing in the nature of God that would shorten the life of man or the universe; therefore the life of man must be eternal and immortal. So right here you have no punishment -because all of our sins and diseases and deaths are supposed to be due to punishment. All our accidents, all the evils that befall us, are supposed to be due to punishment of one nature or another. "God's will" it is called-"God's will" that an airplane collapses with a hundred people on board, "God's will" that a steamship burns at sea or hits an iceberg. Do you not see that this was not in the original teaching of Jesus Christ? Do you not see that if you go back to the Gospels, you cannot find that God destroys life for any reason, since Jesus' mission was to raise the dead, to do the works of God, to show forth eternal life? His mission was to heal the sick and even to forgive the sinners. So God could not have provided both a punishment for sinners and forgiveness at the same time. Therefore if you go back to the basic teaching of Jesus Christ, you will discover that there is no punishment through God, no reward through God, and that it is "As you sow, so shall you reap." Of course, when you turn to the Oriental teachings where they have karma, you will also discover that it is your sowing that results in your reaping, and your reaping goes on until the sowing changes. If you can catch solidly and firmly this revelation in The Thunder of Silence and actually bear witness to the fact or come to a conviction within yourself, and can leave God right out of your calculations, out of your thinking, as far as your rewards and punishments are concerned, or your health or sickness, or your life and death-see if you cannot grasp this principle that "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." Then make the acknowledgment, "Regardless of where I am in life, regardless of what experience I may now be having: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 15, A Great Secret.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 2, Erasing Our Concepts of God, Prayer and Grace
- ~ 2 ~ ERASING OUR CONCEPTS OF GOD, PRAYER, AND GRACE Religion is an individual experience, and not only is it impossible to go into heaven two by two or four by four, but even any attempt to do so must result in failure. If a person is interested in a spiritual way of life, in seeking the realm of God or finding a solution to human problems, it is necessary that that person embark on his mission alone. This does not mean that if one's husband or wife also wishes to set forth on such a mission he or she should not do so, but because of the very nature of this search, each one must find his way within himself, alone. No two people can progress at the same rate because no two people are at the same level of consciousness; and therefore, the religious life is one which must be lived within the individual, regardless of how much is shared outwardly. No one can achieve this life for another: each must achieve it for himself. In the writings and recordings of the Infinite Way is found the account of my own search for God: the mode, the means, and the achievement. This has been set forth merely to show what one individual has achieved, and these books and recordings are offered to you in the hope that you will read, study, or hear them, and put them into practice; and, insofar as they prove successful, live with them and through them. In a few brief years, many thousands who have followed the particular way known as the Infinite Way have, in a measure, found their peace, their harmony, safety, security, and their supply. In reading and studying the Infinite Way, however, you are in no sense bound to it. You are, at all times, a free spiritual agent, free to come to us or to any of our students who are active in the work, but just as free at any time not to come-always free to find your own way. You have no obligations; you have no embarrassments; and if the Infinite Way does not prove effective in your individual case, you are at liberty always to seek further until you do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts of God, Prayer and Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 140K
Find Similar Documents