The Infinite Way: Putting On Immortality
- ... We are not now speaking truth but receiving truth, and that which we receive in silence we may speak from the housetops with authority. Spiritual healing is the natural result of a divinely illumined consciousness. We are illumined only as we are receptive and responsive to spiritual illumination. We misunderstand immortality when we think of it as the immortality of the human personality, or personal sense. Death does not produce immortality or end personal sense, nor does the continuation of human existence mean the attainment of immortality. Immortality is attained in proportion as personal sense is overcome, whether here or hereafter. As we put off the personal ego and attain the consciousness of our real Self - the Reality of us, divine Consciousness - we attain immortality. And that can be achieved here and now. The desire to perpetuate our false sense of body and wealth ensnares us into death, or mortality. The first step in the attainment of immortality is living out from the center of our being, as in the idea of unfoldment from within, rather than accretion: It is the giving sense rather than getting; being rather than attaining. In this consciousness, there is no condemnation, judgment, hatred, or fear, but rather a continuous feeling of love and forgiveness. It is not a simple matter to show forth the joy and peace of immortality, because to those intent on preserving their present concepts of being, immortality would appear to be extinction. This is not the case: It is the eternal preservation of all that is real, fine, noble, harmonious, gracious, unselfish, and peaceful. It is reality brought to light in place of the illusion of sense. It is the conscious awareness of the infinity of individual being replacing the finite sense of existence. Selfishness and conceit fall away in the realization of the divinity of our being. This realization brings forth patience and forbearance with those still struggling in mortal, material consciousness. It is being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Putting On Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Withinness
- ... saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 5 Forgiveness Is at the Instant of Repentance Above all things, if any one of you is living in fear that God is punishing you for some sin, lose that fear in this hour, for it is not true. God has never punished anyone for any sin. There is no provision in God for punishment of any nature. According to the teachings of the Master, forgiveness is unto seventy times seven. What about the 491st time? It never comes. It would not be possible to forgive and forgive and forgive without bringing healing to the one you are forgiving. What the Master really meant was that forgiveness should continue until a healing takes place, forgive until there is nothing left to be forgiven, but never condemn, ... The very moment that he looks up and turns away from them, in that moment, though his sins be scarlet, he is white as snow, and he does not have to wait for death to give him the forgiveness he is seeking. His forgiveness is at the instant of his turning, at the instant of his repentance. Do not accept the belief that the discord from which you are suffering is of God, or that God is the author or the cause of your suffering-not even for a good reason, for there is no good reason ever revealed by the Master. The Master's whole teaching is one of forgiveness, and when ... Do not go to anyone for forgiveness: carry forgiveness wherever you go. Do not go into this world expecting understanding: carry understanding to those you meet, and whatever you carry with you will be returned unto you. The Bread You Cast Upon the Waters Returns to You "Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days." 8 The law is that the bread that you cast will return unto you multiplied. If love is not being returned to you, that is not the bread that you are casting upon the waters. If understanding, forgiveness, abundance, and sharing have not come to you, it is because you have not cast that bread upon the water, and if ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oldsmith Reader_ Withinness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 19, God - the Omnipresent Reality
- ~ 19 ~ GOD, THE OMNIPRESENT REALITY FREEDOM OF HEALTH IN CHRIST and freedom of supply in Christ are entirely different from freedom in the body and freedom in the purse, and yet health in Christ manifests itself as physical freedom, just as freedom of supply in Christ manifests itself as an abundant purse. We lose all sense of tension when we realize that our health, wealth and happiness are not in these forms, but that our freedom is of the Christ as we open our consciousness to Its inflow: Christ is imparting Itself eternally as my consciousness and I am receptive to Its consciousness which is the embodiment of all that is. All that is, is good, and since God made all that was made, I am the very embodiment of that good. I am the state of receptivity as which that infinite Being is expressing Itself. As individual consciousness, I am responsive only to the Christ, and nothing can enter that consciousness to defile or make it a lie. There is only one Consciousness, God, and that is my individual consciousness now. As we meditate on this truth of receptivity to the Christ, we shall find that all the Christ is pours Itself forth as our individual consciousness. "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." 1 It makes no difference whether it is a truth- message, whether it is selling or buying, manufacturing or farming. The thing that counts is that what we are doing is animated by the Spirit and carries with it the life and vitality of the Soul. If what we are doing carries with it this spiritual spark, it will prosper, it will succeed, it will make glad, it will make happy, it will satisfy and it will be of good report. Spirit always satisfies. Spirit always fulfills Itself; Spirit always completes Itself in success. The important point is not what work we are doing, but whether we are doing it from our own limited sense of self or whether there is a Spirit permeating the activity and carrying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d - the Omnipresent Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 126K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XVII, The Mystical Life Through the Two Great Commandments
- CHAPTER XVII THE MYSTICAL LIFE THROUGH THE TWO GREAT COMMANDMENTS The first stage of our spiritual unfoldment is an experience of coming more and more into a conviction of the Presence and Its availability in all circumstances and conditions. Simultaneously with this growing assurance, we also become aware of how much we are failing to live up to the stature of manhood in Christ Jesus and how far short we come even from measuring up to the Ten Commandments. Realizing the presence of God and tabernacling with Him awakens us to our failings, and it is at this point that we enter the second stage of our spiritual life. Here it is that we begin consciously to try to live up to the Commandments, particularly those we have most failed to observe. It is not too hard for us to discover the degree of envy and jealousy that may be lurking in us, the bias and bigotry, the little lyings and deceits, the hypocrisies. These all come to light because the more we bring the word of God into our consciousness, the more we expose our own lack of godliness. This forcibly brings to our attention the necessity of developing a greater ethical and moral sense. In this second stage of our unfoldment, therefore, we earnestly try to live up to our highest sense of right, depending on the presence of God to help us and relying on the inner Invisible to lift us to a higher degree of humanhood. We begin to think more about being benevolent and charitable, and about practicing brotherhood. Not only do we recognize the importance of caring for our own families and those needing help in our community, but we begin to think in terms of people in foreign countries, of aid for the distressed, or of providing education for those who at the moment cannot afford it. We turn our thought in the direction of living for others, helping them, and of bringing about better human relationships between management and labor or between members of different religious denominations. All this is an attempt to make the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Two Great Commandments.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:01- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 9, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 9 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT NOW I WANT TO EXPLAIN that for tonight at least, I would like you to be very indulgent and very patient while we do a little adjusting. This is the first class I have ever had where we represent such varying states of consciousness. Because of that I want to make a little explanation and then bring together the adjustment of thought. Some here are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of the Christian Science viewpoint; some are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches; others are almost beginners in metaphysical work and the spiritual approach to life. So, when I talk I am reaching three different thought patterns and expecting all those three to understand the same thing in the same way and it can't be done. For that reason I think this evening should be devoted to bringing about a sort of equalization to see if everybody tonight, after a week of being together, can see what the approach is; then from here on, for everyone to understand the language we use and all that it means. For that reason I would like to start this evening off with questions-questions from you to me and, if necessary, some from me to you. We will see if we can, by means of these questions, answer some of the differences that may exist. One reason for all of this is that I doubt there is any teaching now current that parallels this one. I don't mean by that, that there is any truth we are expressing or voicing that isn't included in all teaching; I don't mean that. I mean that the particular approach, the particular meaning of the truth or use of the truth or the purpose of the teaching is probably different from almost any other teaching in the metaphysical field. To begin with, I will explain this. On the positive side, which is the side of right identification, we are standing wholly on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. We are not deviating from that in any ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 9, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 12, 1964, I and My Father Are One
- I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE April 12, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii OUR SUNDAY MORNING tapes are still on the subject of "Between Two Worlds," the world of material sense and the world of spiritual consciousness. You are reminded that there are two worlds, although one of these disappears in proportion as you attain the consciousness of the other one. As you die daily to "man whose breath is in his nostrils," you are being reborn into the Son of God. But here you must remember, and I say you must often remember and consciously remember that there are not actually two worlds. There is only one, the world of consciousness or spirit, but there is a false sense of that world which you entertain and that false sense constitutes the other world-the world of material sense. I spoke this morning of Dr. Loren Eiseley's article entitled "The Uncomplete Man," published in Harper's Magazine, March, 1964, in which he tells of a revelation he experienced on the nature of the body which corresponds to what we have been teaching for more than thirty years. In this article, Dr. Eiseley says that all evil is based upon the belief that we are man. In other words, we are not man, and even Scripture says: "Know ye not that you are Gods 1 . . . . even your body is the temple of God." 2 We are really spiritual, offspring of spirit, and that which constitutes our material sense of world is this belief that we are man. You will remember our exercise in which you stand slightly in back of yourself with the word I, and look down at the feet and realize: "These feet are not me, they are mine." You then go up to the knees, the hips, the waist, the chest, the shoulders, the neck, the head, up to the topmost hair of the head, always declaring: "This is not me, this is mine." Then, as you go up and down that body mentally, at the end of the exercise you realize: "I am not in this body, but there is an I separate and apart from body which is the owner of this body-and therefore the body in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...64, I and My Father Are One.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 3, 1963, Divine Sonship
- DIVINE SONSHIP March 3, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii BY NOW YOU HAVE DISCOVERED how difficult it is to make the transition from finding your health in the body to finding your health in divine sonship, or to making the transition from finding your supply in currency and investments to finding your supply in your spiritual sonship, in your relationship to God. You know now how difficult it is to make the transition from finding your good in the world to finding your good in God-in your divine sonship. In fact it is so difficult that the Master said that, "The way is straight and narrow, and few there be that enter." 1 We were born into mortal or human consciousness. When we were conceived, our parents had nothing in mind but human conception, and, after we were born, they expected us to respond to material laws. We are now in the process of dying out of that consciousness and being reborn into another consciousness. In this new birth or new consciousness, we find ourselves equal, and that means equal in the sight of God, equal in the sight of each other. There is no black or no white, there is no high or no low, there is no large or no small, there is no young or no old, there is no rich or no poor. We are all equally spiritual offspring, and we are all equal in our joint sonship to all of the heavenly riches. "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 2 We do not earn our money by might or by power. There is no such thing as earning our supply or being worthy of it. We inherit it; it is ours by divine right of our sonship. In this new birth we have to overcome the belief that God rewards goodness and that God punishes our natural mistakes. This is difficult. For years people have carried burdens of guilt and this makes it difficult to accept the fact that our good is dependent only on our relationship to God, and that this relationship exists whether we have been good or bad. No crime on the calendar could break that relationship, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rch 3, 1963, Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 2, Peace
- ~ 2 ~ PEACE Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 My * peace, the peace of Christ! More healings have been brought about through absolute silence than through all the arguments metaphysicians have thought up in the whole history of the world. When you are called upon for help, sit down and get at peace. Think no thoughts; just sit and wait. Wait. Be patient, and wait for the peace of the Christ to descend upon you. In that moment of peace, without a word, you will witness healing. The only value a treatment has is to lift us to a point or place in consciousness where we are ready for spiritual consciousness to unfold. We are now in a different position from the one in which we found ourselves, when we were functioning with treatments. We have come to that place in consciousness where we are ready for the next higher step. Even if mental argument, affirmation, and denial were necessary to us in the early days of our work, we can now leave such forms alone. Learn to sit down and relax. Whether the case is sin, disease, death, or unemployment; whether or not it is serious, sit down and relax. Do not try to "handle" it. Do not try to "work" on it. Do not try to "treat" it. Sit back and, in silence, create a kind of vacuum for God, for the Christ, to rush in. Sit down and relinquish the thought that the human mind is a healer: Christ is the healer. The essence of the whole work we are doing is this: God is. God is, so let God work in us and through us to Its own end, and as Its own creation. Instead of continuing to use the words, God, God, God, let the actual realization of God do the work, since God is. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth." 1 The world can give us a certain kind of peace. It can give us a lack of noise, a quiet country place, or an ocean trip. That is the peace that the world can give. People travel to far places, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfolding_ Chapter 2, Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 139K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 1, Individual Unfoldment of Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ INDIVIDUAL UNFOLDMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS The primary mission of The Infinite Way is inner unfoldment, the revelation of truth from within our own being. The written word is the least important part of this work; that which is not written or spoken is the greater teaching. Human teachers are but temporary helps on the way. Only from within comes the illumination which makes it possible for some to heal and to be able to teach that "the kingdom of God is within you" 1 and that you are the fulfillment of God. The real teacher receives inspiration and illumination and is able to impart these only because he has the realization that "I can of mine own self do nothing 2 . . . the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 3 Therefore, this "Father within" comes as an impersonal presence to awaken the receptive thought to the divinity of the individual. "And they shall be all taught of God." 4 My conscious oneness with God makes me one with all those who are able to receive the Word at this level of consciousness. Your conscious oneness with God makes you receptive and responsive to all truth. Wherever there is a receptive thought, God speaks. Wherever spiritual being is manifested, God is present. Since God manifests and expresses its own being as you, you are as infinite as God-not just a little portion of God. God does not divide itself, but manifests, expresses, reveals, unfolds, and discloses itself as you and as me. It is a state of Christ-consciousness in which God speaks, God moves, God acts. When I speak or write about the letter of truth, that is the least part of the activity which is going on in my consciousness. Always, as a teacher of truth, my consciousness is alert and awake and transcends anything concerning the letter of truth which I might impart. That consciousness, which is the divinity of my being, is also the divinity of your being; it is the divine consciousness of you and is arousing you to an awareness of its own divine qualities, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfoldment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents