I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 4, The Stature of Spiritual Manhood
- Chapter Four The Stature of Spiritual Manhood The original unfoldment or revelation given to me was that God is not in the human scene until God is admitted into our consciousness. In other words, all the evils that exist-individual, collective, national, and international-all these are possible because a human being as a branch of the Tree of Life is cut off and withers and dies. As human beings we are separate and apart from God. We are that "natural man"1 who knows not the things of God and cannot know them for they must be spiritually discerned. The things of God cannot be known with the mind; they cannot be known with the intellect; and this accounts for a great deal of the failure that many students experience in metaphysical work. Where there is failure, the reason is nearly always the same. It is not because of the particular message: it is that the individual is depending entirely on what he reads, on statements of truth and books, on hymns, or on church attendance, and none of these is God. None of these is spiritual power. The books, the teachers, and the churches, holy mountains, holy temples, and holy scriptures have their place, but they serve only as instruments whereby students develop the capacity of spiritual discernment. Spiritual Discernment Is Essential If the things of God could be known through the mind, everybody could read spiritual books and have access to God, but these do not provide that access. Access to God is attained only through spiritual discernment, and therefore, God does not enter your life or mine until we have developed some measure of spiritual discernment. True, just as the Master could heal, feed, and forgive, so today those of spiritual discernment can do some measure of healing work, some feeding and forgiving, and some breaking of bondage to karmic law. But that is only of temporary help. To be rid of one disease does not mean that a person will not have another one. To experience a demonstration of supply does not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tature of Spiritual Manhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 12, The Power & Dominion
- ~ 12 ~ THE POWER AND DOMINION THERE ARE TWO WORLDS: there is the world of the man of earth, who is not under the law of God; and then there is the world of the son of God, the world of the spiritual universe in which life is lived not by taking thought, but by divine Grace. While we already know about this outer world, we do not yet know enough about the life by Grace. God gave us dominion over everything there is between the skies and the bottom of the sea. But bit by bit, we have surrendered our dominion and become prodigal sons. We have turned our back on the kingdom of God and lived in a material sense of world made up of human beings, groveling at the feet of some unknown God, praying for crumbs, when all the time the true God in the midst of us made us heirs of the entire kingdom. In the recognition of our divine sonship, we must once again accept our dominion, and this means that we create our own world. The world does not create conditions for us; people do not create conditions for us. We are not the victims of politics, of war or dictators, of circumstances or conditions; we are not the victims of sin or disease: we are the victims of what we, ourselves, have created. Never again must we give dominion to man or circumstances, but henceforth, we must live under the laws revealed to us by the Master Christian. LIFE MORE ABUNDANT "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 1 The word "I" used in that statement does not mean Jesus. It does not mean your teacher or practitioner. This I is your very Self, the savior and redeemer at the center of your being, and therefore, you dare not go to God even for supply because you already have I, the Spirit of God, in the midst of you. "I am the resurrection." 2 This truth would be of no avail to you if it applied only to Jesus. The truth is that the power of resurrection-the resurrection of your body, of your health, your wealth, your marriage, your home, or your family-is within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, The Power & Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1955, The Comforter
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Comforter "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (I Cor. 3:16.) THE time is approaching when the world will be so filled with the conscious realization of the Presence of God that all evil or error will be dispelled by the very presence of man. The great secret of life is this: God is incarnated in man. God is manifest as man. God is in the midst of you-". . . the place where thou standest is holy ground." There is just as much of God in you, right where you are, as there would be if the heavens could open and God Itself come into you. If this were not true Jesus could not have healed, neither could the disciples nor the apostles, nor the metaphysical and spiritual practitioners of this day. You are divine, because the Spirit of God is manifest as your very being. God has embodied Itself as your Soul, Mind and Spirit. God, in Its essence, is invisible, God, in Its expression, is visible as you and as me. In the days of old the Hebrews thought the Messiah was a man, but the One whom they thought was the Messiah said, "Before Abraham was, I am." Messiah is the Spirit of God in man, and the Hebrews who prophesied the coming of the Messiah were absolutely correct, except that they put it in time and space. The Messiah does not come in time and space: It comes in consciousness. The Christ, or Messiah, is born when you recognize the Presence of the Spirit of God in you. Never is this external: always it is within you, but the effect is external. Love goes before you and is felt by all whom you touch. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you . . . I will send him unto you." The Comforter is your divine state of consciousness; that area of your consciousness which is the Christ, the Spirit of Truth the Savior, the Messiah. All of this is within you, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ May 1955, The Comforter.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter X, Reality and Illusion
- CHAPTER X REALITY AND ILLUSION To recognize that we live in two worlds, the world created by the five physical senses and the world of Consciousness, is to bring ourselves closer and closer to illumination. In the first chapter of Genesis, God made man in His own image and likeness, without any help from anyone. This pure spiritual birth, this immaculate conception, is God manifesting and expressing Himself and His qualities, Consciousness revealing Itself as form. This is pure, unadulterated, spiritual creation, the immaculate conception of man and the universe, God, the infinite Life expressing Itself individually without any material forms, processes, or systems. In the second chapter of Genesis, God not only creates but He miscreates, and because of His mistakes, He has to do it over and over again. First, He "formed man of the dust of the ground," then, He brought woman forth from man's rib, and finally He decided to bring man and woman together for the purpose of creation. Is it reasonable to believe that the infinite Intelligence of this universe needed to make two attempts at creation? This man of earth, "the natural man" who is not under the law of God, "neither indeed can be," is not a man at all: he is a mythical creation of the human mind, of the five physical senses. To make clear how this mind creates, let us examine how it has created a man- made God. Close your eyes for a moment, and take the word God into your consciousness. Do you believe that this is God, or is this not a projection of your mind? Has this God any power? Is there really such a Presence, or is this just a self-created image of your own thinking? Let us go further afield and let us attempt to decide what God is. Instantly to our thought comes an answer, but the answer is not truth, and the answer is not God because the answer is a projection of our background. Anyone who has been an orthodox Christian almost immediately thinks of Jesus Christ. If one's background is Hebrew, he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter X, Reality and Illusion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 5, Freedom in Christ
- ~ 5 ~ FREEDOM IN CHRIST It is a very difficult thing to impart the idea of Christ wisdom. Christ wisdom differs from human knowledge, even from a human knowledge of truth. Humanly, none of us knows what truth is. Certainly no one knows with the human mind what it is. The wisdom of Christ is not in the realm of human wisdom or understanding. It is a knowledge that transcends all earthly wisdom. The things of God are foolishness with men. 1 In the moment when we recognize that we know nothing about this, and we are not just being modest, in the moment when we go to the Father and humbly say, "I don't know what this is all about, Father," in that moment we begin to touch the hem of the garment. We talk about truth, and we write about truth. We never voice Truth. Only God voices Itself. Only Wisdom, Itself, voices Itself to us, and sometimes through us. In actual truth, It is voicing Itself as us: "I am the truth . . . I am the life. . . . I am the infinite wisdom of the universe." That, in its spiritual meaning, is absolute truth, but that I is not a man, woman, or child; it is not the human "I". That I is God. And when It voices Itself, the wisdom of the ages becomes known. The power of Spirit and Soul becomes visible and tangible, and we see the dead rise; we see the sick and sinning healed; we see some body "lighting up" with a look of wisdom beyond anything of this earthly realm. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels," 2 if I do not have that divine love which takes no cognizance of mortals and mortal experience, it is not God talking. The entire trouble with our demonstration is the word "I." It is not that we would not subdue the "I," not because we cling to it so much, not because we would not gladly do away with that little "I" or ego; it is not that we would not say, "Not my will, but thine, be done." It is the universal belief of a selfhood apart from God that so forces itself into our thought that we, even we who set ourselves up as having ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Freedom in Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter X, Spiritual Unfoldment-Not Human Birth or Death
- CHAPTER X SPIRITUAL UNFOLDMENT-NOT HUMAN BIRTH OR DEATH In God's creation, there was light before there was a sun. In God's creation, there was a crop before there was a seed planted. In other words, there were no material processes. That is the secret of Melchizedek: Melchizedek had neither father nor mother-no physical process was involved in his coming into being. Do you not know that that is the true life of you and of me? Do you not know that, in our true identity, we are Melchizedek, having neither mother nor father? "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." In the Adam-dream, there is incarnation after incarnation, but in our true identity, there is no process of birth or death: There is always the I: I stand back of me, and I know all that is happening to this person called "me," and to this thing called "my body." But I am not identified with it. I am here, and I was here before I was conceived in my mother's womb, and I will be here if I should ever go through the experience of passing on. I will be out here witnessing it. It will be an experience that will be happening to my body, but not to the I, just as my birth was not to the I of me. I know that I am I, and I know that I took this form, transforming it from childhood to youth, youth to manhood, young manhood to maturity; and I know that this transforming process will continue until one of these days I shall evolve out of this sense of body into whatever the true identity or form of my body may be, because there is an I, and I am that I. I stand here as a witness. I am aware of myself as a person; I am aware of my body. I am aware of you as a person; I am aware that you as a person have a body, and in most cases I am aware of your true identity, I can almost feel the reality of you which lies behind your eyes: That is you; that is where you are. This other thing out here is only the form that you have assumed in this experience for the purpose of expression. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t--Not Human Birth or Death.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XI, The Nature of Spiritual Power
- CHAPTER XI THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL POWER The development of spiritual consciousness is possible when we learn that there is only one power. If we can rise in spiritual vision to the apprehension of the one truth that God is, that God is infinite and omnipotent, and therefore nothing else or nobody else is power, that is enough. This is spiritual discernment. To the world, there are great powers and little powers, but he who is anchored in spiritual consciousness knows that no weapon that is formed against him shall prosper. If we accepted that literally, we would believe that there is a deadly weapon that could prosper except that God in some way is going to save us from it. To the uninitiated, that passage would indicate, "I have an enemy who has a deadly atomic bomb, and I know what it can do to me, but fortunately God says that no weapon that is formed against me shall prosper, and therefore I am now immune, and this deadly weapon can no longer harm me." But the weapon does do harm when it is let loose in the world. And this is because people do not understand the real meaning of no weapon having power over them. The truth is that no deadly weapon has power because Life is God; and God has never made anything to destroy His own immortality and eternality. God is our life: we are eternal and immortal. If we look out at this life through our mind, we are subject to every manner of deadly weapon: germs, bullets, bombs, and so many other things we need not rehearse them. Even an automobile on the road can be a very deadly weapon, and, above all, the calendar is so deadly that all we have to do is to keep looking at it for threescore years and ten, and then any day we are due for extinction. But the deadliest weapon of all is the mind of man that believes in two powers, and therefore accepts a mind of its own in which evil is a power. Neither bullet-proof vests nor bomb-proof shelters can save us from that weapon. Only in the understanding that we are life eternal, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Nature of Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XVI, That Ye May Be the Children of Your Father
- CHAPTER XVI THAT YE MAY BE THE CHILDREN OF YOUR FATHER No part of the Sermon on the Mount is more challenging than its teaching of not only loving our neighbor as ourselves, but our enemies as well. How we react to that command depends upon our answer to the question: Are there two powers? Is there something or someone outside the range of God's power? How great a God do we have? What limitations do we place upon God? To what degree do we believe that God operates on this side of the street but not on the other side? According to the Master, we are to "call no man [our] father upon the earth: for one is [our] Father which is in heaven." Therefore, no one has an American, British, or Russian father; a white, black, or yellow father; an occidental or oriental father: There is but one Father-the Father in heaven who is the creative and governing principle of each one of us and of all that is. There may be those who because of their ignorance of this principle do not yet know this truth about themselves and therefore cannot demonstrate it, but that does not prevent our knowing it about them. If we go to the altar to pray, knowing in our hearts that we have not accepted all men as sons of the one Father and therefore brothers, we might as well stop praying for ourselves, get up from the altar, sit down quietly, and decide within ourselves that before we can hope to reach God, we must become reconciled with our brother. Insofar as we can keep from thinking of a person as a human being-from thinking of his parents, his education, the environment in which he has grown up and now lives, and the accumulation of other factors that may have contributed to his present discord or harmony-and keep our mind stayed on God, realizing that everything that is emanates from God and everybody that is lives and moves and has his being in God, in that degree can we love our neighbor even though he be an enemy. Let us acknowledge not only that there are sinners, whose offenses are as great ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...the Children of Your Father.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents