Consciousness Transformed: August 11, 1963, Lessons on Grace
- LESSONS ON GRACE August 11, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Every experience in The Infinite Way is meant only as a lesson. If we have meetings of this nature or of another nature, be assured they are of no importance except as a lesson. I would never have meetings in and of themselves, because they can become habit-forming. In other words students sometimes believe there is a virtue in attending them or they feel that by their attendance at meetings they become more spiritual. Once you have these mistaken concepts, the meetings have lost their value. During this year we have met at noon on Sundays in a room like this, or a more beautiful room upstairs on the eleventh floor, and also in another beautiful room on the shores of the Pacific. In times past, we have met in a tiny place here in Waikiki. Yes, we have met in many places and under many circumstances, and one of the lessons meant to be conveyed is this: You do not have to go to a holy mountain or to Jerusalem or to magnificent temple to find God. "Here where I am, God is," and this is true if you make your bed in hell. Yes, and it is true if you mount up to heaven and it is true if you walk through the valley of the shadow of death. "Here where I am, God is." I hope those of you who have met with us here or elsewhere, in dingy places and in luxurious places, realize this: The meeting was only for one purpose-that we might unite to receive God's grace. It really makes no difference where we unite and it really makes no difference if we unite since "one with God is a majority"; and, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Our meetings are as irregularly conducted as you can possibly imagine; we meet sometimes here, sometimes there, and sometimes nowhere. We are held together by no human bond, no human tie, no human obligation-there is not even an obligation to attend these meetings. Even I hold myself without obligation to be here, should ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 11, 1963, Lessons on Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 10, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 2
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 2 March 10, 1963 Halekulani Hotel FIRST OF ALL, OF COURSE, is to find some way to express gratefulness for these two days of celebration we have had, two days of feast together. It is difficult to find words to express gratitude for the spiritual feast that underlies the external feast. In The Infinite Way we have watched experiences like this, in beautiful expressions of gratitude and love, shown not only to us but to those who have come here from the mainland, England, Australia. When we have been in London and the continent of Europe, we have witnessed the same gratitude, not only to us, but to the students who have traveled to England and the Continent. Therefore, what I am trying to say or to express is that not only is the gratitude expressed to us, but this same gratitude and love is shown to anyone, anywhere, who comes into The Infinite Way atmosphere. Just what you are expressing to us and to these visitors from overseas, The Infinite Way students overseas express to us and to those who come from far places. Behind these outer expressions of love and gratitude and sharing is the relationship that exists between us as Infinite Way students. The relationship that exists between us-this is the heart and the core. There are no human ties between us. We belong to nothing and we belong to no one. In The Infinite Way nobody is greater than anyone else, because everyone in this work has problems at times. No one of us has risen to become a God. Therefore, there is no one of us who could set ourselves above others, for none of us have fully attained. However, whatever our level of spiritual attainment is, it has for its basis our relationship with each other. What is the basis of our relationship? The answer is, our relationship with God. Our conscious oneness with God makes us one with each other. As I have told you before, for about fifteen years I was the only Infinite Way student in the world. Now what has drawn to me on a worldwide basis ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 2.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 2, Secrecy, The Primal Mystical Principle
- ... If we keep our needs locked up secretly within ourselves, before long the fulfillment comes, because the Father within us, who sees in secret, rewards openly. Virtues Are Shouted from the Housetops As you hold "I and my Father are one" in sacredness and secrecy within yourself, remember that it also means that "I and my neighbor are one," because we are children of the same Father. We are branches of the same tree. We are united in the tree of life. When you abide in this within yourself, you will never have to voice it. It will be shouted from the housetops that love, compassion, helpfulness, mutuality, and cooperation govern your relationships with others. It is the same thing as being honest or moral. You do not have to tell anyone that you are honest or moral because, as Emerson tells us, "What you are shrieks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." Therefore, if there is integrity in us, let us not tell each other about it. Let the other person find it out. If there is mortality in us, let us not tell anyone about it; let them find out for themselves. If there is charity or forgiveness in us, let us not tell anyone about it. Let them find out about it. By our very secrecy, God will in some way make our character known to the world. We will never have to voice it, and we will have the benefit that accrues to us from holding within ourselves our secret good and our relationship with God. One of the evils of talking is that we "leak" our good. It is as if you had invented something and told everybody about it and by the time you applied for a patent, someone else would have already patented it. It is like the woman who waited months for the sales to buy a heavy winter coat with fur trimming at half price. When the coats were on sale, she immediately phoned her friends and relatives to tell them about it. When she went to the store, she found that the coats had all been sold. Our outer experience is the externalization of our state of consciousness. We do not have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Primal Mystical Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 15, The New Discipleship
- ~ 15 ~ THE NEW DISCIPLESHIP There must come a time in the experience of every seeker when he no longer tries to gain anything for himself but rather tries to help reveal this Christ that he has beheld to those now seeking it who have not yet seen it. All those who are teachers or leaders have in a measure beheld the Christ, and the only reason they have turned to teaching or to the healing ministry is to reveal that Christ to the rest of the world. That is the function of everyone on this path. But it is not through the human mind that the revelation comes. There must be a deeper intuition, a deeper consciousness that says to us: "I behold the Christ. I behold the Christ, even though the world tried to crucify and place it in a tomb, put a stone there, and seal that tomb. Yet I see the Christ walking the streets." That is inner vision; that is spiritual vision; and that is the vision necessary for a complete and an utter reliance on the Christ. Nothing less will bring about healing, but when we have that, the Christ performs its function in the consciousness of both the teacher and the student. We cannot go out and give to the world what we have found of spiritual healing or spiritual living by talking or preaching it. The offering of the wine, the water, and the meat must be done gently and sparingly, permitting the other person to come in his own good time to his spiritual good. We cannot through preaching save the world, even though we have a principle that could and would save the world if the world could accept it. What we can give to the world, however, is our demonstration of God. By our fruits not only will we be judged, but will we create a hunger in the world for what we have: not by offering it to others, but by letting them see how we bear witness to it. If our faces show forth just a little bit of the glory of God, if our lives attest to the fact that we have found a principle to live by, then we may be assured that in the years to come we will reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 15, The New Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 2, The One Great Demonstration
- ~ 2 ~ THE ONE GREAT DEMONSTRATION Learning the importance of meditation is one of the first requisites in the development of spiritual awareness. Regardless of our intellectual capabilities or the amount of reading or listening we may do, our spiritual capacity expands only in proportion to our ability to meditate. This spiritual awareness is developed in silence, not in thinking, in listening, or in reading. More of it can be developed in one minute of silence than in twenty-four hours of reading. For this reason, reading and studying are but tools which we use to enable us to reach that inner silence known as meditation. As we meditate and open this inner Soul or spiritual faculty, we shall not only understand things that we knew about and never before understood, but things that we may never even have heard of before. In the stillness and quiet of the silence, we are able to receive what cannot be heard through the ears. The more often we meditate-not the length of time in any one period, but the number of times in each twenty-four hours, even if each time be only one minute, or two or three-the more rapidly will our spiritual awareness be developed, and spiritual harmony brought into our experience. When our eyes are closed and we are in the darkness within, we find the entire kingdom of God there, ready to pour itself into our mind, our body, our home, our business, and even into our purse. With eyes closed, our attitude is one of receptivity as though we were inviting God to speak to us, or as though we were inviting the spirit to flow forth through us. Our part is to remember that the fullness of God is within us, and as we are still, the spirit makes itself manifest in our experience. Infinity Is the Measure of Our Being The first and greatest principle of The Infinite Way, the principle upon which its entire activity has been founded, is that God constitutes individual being, your being and mine. God is the mind of me, the life, the Soul, the spirit, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The One Great Demonstration.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 15, One Infinite Life
- ~ 15 ~ ONE INFINITE LIFE We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only one life. This life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless, and changeless; it is the individual expression of that one divine life. In other words, our life is divine life individualized. It contains no element of matter, discord or inharmony, no decomposition or decrepitude. This life, of which we are the individual expression, is composed of the substance of spirit, is infinite, eternal and harmonious. "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Whether we speak of you or me, we are speaking of divine life, individually expressed in all its harmony and perfection. This life is mind, and the faculties of mind are universally and impartially expressed through all of mind's ideas. Its faculties are never dependent on material conditions, or circumstances of birth, age or maturity. So let us learn to drop the "my" life, "my" vision, "my" understanding, "my" supply, and think in terms of life, vision, understanding and supply; and all of these as individually expressed through you and me. Intelligence, wisdom, vision, power, are not personal, but are impersonal, impartial and universal. In a universe governed by divine principle, man never leaves his state of peace, harmony, health and security. The law of spirit, divine principle, maintains man forever in his rightful place and condition of being. There are no material states or stages of consciousness for there is but one consciousness-spiritual consciousness-in which there is neither matter nor material beliefs. This is our only consciousness; there is no material substance, no material body, and in this consciousness man is found spiritual, incorporeal, harmonious and complete. Health, harmony, wholeness, is the direct result of consciousness. It is not dependent on mental manipulation but on our consciousness of the harmony, peace and freedom of all God's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 15, One Infinite Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1958, The One Great Miracle
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The One Great Miracle SPOKEN or written words can never adequately convey the idea of the Christ. There is no way to understand the Christ except through the spiritual capacity of discernment-the Soul-capacities. Words are always inadequate. In Hebrew Scripture, the term for the Christ is the Messiah. The Hebrews have always looked forward to the coming of a Messiah, but no one knows whether, in the beginning, they were expecting a man or whether they understood the term Messiah to mean a power or a presence. But whatever their concept of the Messiah, they knew Its function and what might be expected of It: The Messiah was to bring them freedom. That may be interpreted as political freedom since they were political slaves, or as economic freedom since they were in bondage to poverty, or as physical or moral freedom since there is no doubt but that they were slaves to sensuality and to the characteristics that were bred in the conditions in which they found themselves. It may be that they thought of the Messiah as freeing them from outside influences, or they may have understood the word more correctly than we imagine: They may have understood the Messiah to be that which freed them from themselves-from their slavery to sense, their slavery to false ideas, their slavery to ignorance. To me, the Messiah is that which frees us from ourselves, from a limited sense of self. We are never enslaved by anybody or any condition, except by that which we have either made or accepted for ourselves. We make our own conditions of slavery or we passively accept conditions without a realization that there is that within us which could set us free. The Hebrews, however, did come to a place where their expectancy was a man. Isaiah speaks of that man as the Prince of Peace, the mighty Counsellor, one whose name shall be called Wonderful. To a man of such enlightenment as Isaiah, it may be that although using the term, "man" or "he", he really was referring to a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1958, The One Great Miracle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 4, Flesh & Flesh
- ~ 4 ~ FLESH AND FLESH THERE are very few scriptural quotations or passages of spiritual wisdom that do not have a double meaning, the literal and the intuitive, spiritual, or mystical. Many words and statements in the Bible seem contradictory, although I doubt there is a real contradiction in the entire Bible. There may seem to be contradictions if statements are interpreted from the concept a person has of the word or even from the definition of the word the dictionary gives, but I have not come across any. Probably the most controversial word in Scripture is the word flesh, because in the Bible this word is used in two entirely different ways. Spirit, which is the original substance, is one form. It is the idea; and as it comes to us in our consciousness, it is the Word made flesh. When it becomes visible, it is the flesh that withers, the flesh we can enjoy today. But let us not hold on to the form tomorrow. Let us change our concept of being, body, or supply every day. Isaiah said, "All flesh is grass." 1 Jesus said, "The flesh profiteth nothing." 2 In the first chapter of John, it says, "And the Word was made flesh." 3 "The Word was made flesh" may be considered one of the major premises in the Master's teaching, just as it is a major premise in the teaching of The Infinite Way. The word of God within us becomes visible or tangible as expression: the Word becomes the son of God. In that sense, flesh must be taken as meaning spiritual form, activity, and reality. "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us": God became visible as man. God the Father became visible as the son, but no one will ever see that man with his eyes. That man we can behold only at the height of spiritual awareness. THE INVISIBLE WORD BECOMES TANGIBLE Spiritual healers bring out healing only in that second they behold spiritual man: the Word made flesh. Up to that moment of realization, meditation or treatment is only leading them to where the Word becomes flesh as spiritual man. A person ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 4, Flesh & Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 7, 1963, Our Goal: That Mind Which Was Also In Jesus Christ
- OUR GOAL: THAT MIND WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS September 7, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. The papers we have done since August 16 are definitely of a different nature, and I am asking our teachers and practitioners to give class sessions on them to their students and patients. The nature of these papers would make it necessary for any of us to study them seriously in order to assimilate them. However, for those who are not teachers or practitioners, be assured that additional lessons on them would be very valuable in order to grasp the nature of these papers. Whenever I read the one of August 24, I cannot really believe it myself, and I read it two or three or four times a day. As a matter of fact I find it difficult to send out a copy without reading it again. I am sure that, if the message in the paper of August 24 could really be conveyed, our students would be home. Then, of course, there are those of August 31 and September 2. They are really beautiful, and I would not like to see them treated as if they were just papers, because it would deprive the students of the depth of consciousness that is revealed in them. Of course, there are the two new series of tapes which represent the fruitage of this year at home, which will undoubtedly be the study material for all of our students for a long time to come. At the present moment I believe we are going to discontinue our Saturday and Sunday sessions on the last Saturday or Sunday of this month. If we do not do this, neither the papers or the tapes are going to be properly assimilated because I believe that the fruitage of our year's work here for 1963 is propelling us into something that has not yet fully revealed itself. Not only has the telephone not stopped ringing, but the mail is increasing faster than we can have it typed. Therefore, I think we should be able to get away somewhere early in October to be beholders and see what it is that God has in store. Since these messages really point to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch Was Also In Jesus Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents