Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 4, The Operation Of The "Arm Of Flesh" & The Operation Of Truth
- ~ 4 ~ THE OPERATION OF THE "ARM OF FLESH" AND THE OPERATION OF TRUTH THE RELIGIOUS LITERATURE AND FOLKLORE OF THE WORLD have a theme running through them which is not often understood and is sometimes taken lightly, a theme exemplified in statements such as these: "The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.1 . . . I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."2 There is Something beyond human understanding which at some time or other plays a very great part in our experience and in the lives of the spiritually illumined. Accounts of something of a miraculous nature, always present in time of need, can be found in every mystical teaching. Eventually religious teachings were built up that gave not only the promise of something Divine, but also of another presence, the devil, Satan, evil, the angel of death, so that there were good influences in the lives of those who were entitled to the good and evil influences in the experience of those who were deserving of some evil. The ideal of the supernatural is a dominant theme in mythological literature. In the mythology of Hawaii, there are the menahunes who are always out doing some good thing that the people humanly could not do for themselves. The Irish, too, have their leprechauns. In folk literature, always this something or other that is a protective influence in the experience of the people is present. In the opera Parsifal the entire cast of characters created by Richard Wagner exemplifies the awakening of the Soul. The story centers around the Soul- unfoldment of three men. One of these is Titurel, an old man who had lived a very good pure life as the keeper of the Holy Grail. He did his work nobly, protecting the Grail from theft and harm, and when he retired, his son, Amfortas, succeeded him. But the son was not as conscientious as his father, nor was he as pure, and the Holy Grail no longer served its noble purpose. Amfortas became involved with Kundry, a woman of questionable morals, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h_ & The Operation Of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 7, God, The Source and Substance
- CHAPTER 7 GOD, THE SOURCE AND SUBSTANCE Regardless of the degree of spiritual consciousness we have, some around us may not respond. Even the Master, Christ Jesus, could not avoid his Judas, or his doubting Thomas, or his denying Peter, or his disciples asleep in the garden. Peter eventually awakened and undoubtedly atoned in a measure, and probably Thomas did as well. Of Judas's eventual awakening to the spiritual Light we have no record. We do know there must have been a time when Saul of Tarsus could not respond to this spiritual impetus, yet eventually at a certain moment he not only responded to it but he also became a living witness to it. There are moments in the lives of many when they cannot respond to the spiritual influence that is about them. But eventually they will respond, in their time. With some it may take days, weeks, months, or years. With others it may take many lifetimes. But sooner or later, at some time, every knee will bend- every knee! So we need not despair if we find some in our families, in our church groups, or in our national or international life who are not at this moment responding to the spiritual impulse. That brings us to a very important point. In our experience, we are apt to believe that we are being held back by the lack of demonstration on the part of someone around us or that, for one reason or another, their lack of demonstration may be having an adverse influence on us. That would be true only in the degree that we permit it. If we are not yet ready to leave those who are holding back our demonstration, the blame is ours for clinging to the universal belief that our good comes from others or that their good comes from us. To understand how and why this is so, you need to know your true identity and your relationship to God. Your True Identity and Your Relationship to God The Master Jesus tells us that in order to attain the heights of Christhood, we must leave mother, father, brother, and sister for His sake. We must ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d, The Source and Substance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Joseph
- JOSEPH IN GENESIS we now come to the glorious story of Joseph, which includes the experience with his brethren. For our purpose, spiritual interpretation, we understand that Joseph is that state of consciousness which is a developing or unfolding consciousness. As it unfolds, it reveals increasing vitality, substance and understanding. The Metaphysical Bible Dictionary of Unity says of Joseph: "Jehovah shall increase; he shall increase progressively." That really is the progressive unfoldment of consciousness. As the story of Joseph unfolds, it reveals progressive steppingstones from potential good to a really advanced state of good humanhood, and then finally the awareness of spiritual life and substance. Joseph is our own ideal state of spiritual consciousness; it is that part of us which is pure Spirit - the embodiment of spiritual substance and wisdom. The many phases of being, found in individual consciousness, imply that there are other qualities in our consciousness besides this pure one, and those qualities are represented by the brothers of Joseph and by his coat of many colors. This coat of many colors is supposed to be a very desirable thing, which has come to him as a reward or token of his goodness. I have seen this differently. To me this coat of many colors represents the many contradictory qualities in Joseph's thought. Joseph is a dreamer - yet the evil experiences which befell him outwardly, could only come as the result of inner conflicts and discords. Remember, Joseph is a progressive unfoldment of good, therefore, it must have progressed from something less than its later unfolded purity. These conflicting and contradictory thoughts are likewise externalized subjectively as his brethren. Joseph, we read, goes down into Egypt; and you remember that Egypt is a place of darkness, sense consciousness, mortal mind, material experiences. Here is proof that along with the qualities of the dreamer, there are those other qualities outwardly pictured as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tation of Scripture_ Joseph.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 11, Individuality Revealed Through Prayer
- ~ 11 ~ INDIVIDUALITY REVEALED THROUGH PRAYER THE PURPOSE OF PRAYER is to bring the Spirit to our individual experience, so that this parenthesis * may be permeated with the Spirit and the fourth-dimensional substance called the Christ may come into activity. This is a transcendental Presence, a Substance, Essence, Activity, or Reality which can never be seen, heard, tasted, touched, or smelled. It is so real that It can whisper in our ear, "Do not drive up this street: drive up that one." It can prevent us from making an investment or lead us to a bookshelf where we might find the one book that can meet our need for us at a particular time. It can even go before us so that our banker makes the loan that he refused to make the day before. It is an unseen spiritual Influence, and the person who is illumined has contact with Its essence. Two words for illumination used in the Orient are "satori" and "darshan." Christian mysticism has a word for us, too, a beautiful word: Grace. "My grace is sufficient for thee," 1 "My" meaning the invisible spiritual Center or Source. We live by Grace; we can do all things through the grace of God. The transcendental Presence must become a living experience, permeating our consciousness, flowing through us to the extent that the fingers tingle with It, and the toes. It is a reality, even though the human mind cannot understand It, the human eyes cannot see It, and the human ears cannot hear It. It is so real that when It happens we know It, and there are no questions. When anyone asks the question, "How may I know if this is real?" he has not yet experienced It. When a person does, It is unmistakable, not only in Its manner of expression, but in the fruitage. When a person is touched by the transcendental Presence, something in his life will be better: his health, supply, morals, home, family relationships, or business. The more he contacts It, the more his life will be an outer expression of an inner Divinity. CREATION UNFOLDING This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ity Revealed Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 23, Supply
- ... When we relax the conscious mind's struggle and striving, and let the flow of good pour into us through our spiritual consciousness, we find that we need not fear what mortal man can either give or withhold. We rest in the firm conviction that "The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof," 5 and that all that the Father hath is mine; all that exists in the universal is unfolding to the individual. We come now to perhaps the highest spiritual law of the Bible, the one revealed to us by the Master Christian, Christ Jesus. In the Lord's Prayer we read: "And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." 6 May we not interpret this to mean "forgive us our debts in proportion as we forgive our debtors?" Here you can set your own limitations on your demonstration of good. In proportion to your forgiving will you receive the blessings of the infinite. We may forgive those who owe us debts of money, and those who owe us debts of love, gratitude, appreciation, or even debts of family or friendly courtesy. But we must forgive. We must live in a constant state of benediction. This is the true forgiveness which releases us from material and mortal obligations. Some time ago a man came to me in great need of money, being without employment or income. He stated that one of his friends owed him a sum of money which would tide him over the period of lack, and asked: "How would you work on this debt collection?" I told him to forgive the man the debt. Not to write him canceling the debt, as the debt was the other fellow's problem, but to forgive it mentally, and should it never be paid, to think of it no more, not even think unkindly of the so-called debtor. "Drop it from your thought as though it never existed, and let divine principle open its channels of supply." He saw the point and turned away from this only visible possible channel of supply to the infinite unseen. The very next week, he earned enough money to support himself for two weeks, and at the end of the second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 23, Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 1, Governed By God Or Goverened By Man
- I governed by god or governed by man? E VERY FOUR YEARS, as attention in the United States is focused upon the selection of the President and Vice President of the United States, Infinite Way students are reminded of how important it is to realize that "the government is on His shoulders." 1 The "ten righteous men," 2 those who know this truth, can play a significant role in bringing to pass God's government on earth as it is in heaven. An election is an opportunity for citizens to exercise the franchise and vote for the candidates of their choice. To vote intelligently and fulfill his responsibility as a citizen, every voter should be thoroughly familiar with the issues and know how each candidate stands on these issues, not only in terms of what he says but in terms of his record. It is the responsibility of an informed citizenry, and Infinite Way students should fall into that category. Over and above that, and even more important, is the meditation or spiritual work in which each student engages to the end, that citizens are not swayed by the carnal mind and the highly charged emotional promotional activities characteristic of a typical presidential campaign. Each student should realize that the universal human mind, with its lust for power, greed, and self-seeking, is not power in the realized presence of God; that this election, as an activity for the preservation of freedom, is taking place within the one Consciousness, which is Intelligence and Love, and that only I votes. That I is the divine Consciousness, individualized. It is guided by a wisdom beyond human understanding and is, therefore, unerring in Its judgment. The Foundation of Freedom No one can guarantee you, as American citizens, freedom, except yourselves. And if you study the issues of your political life to such an extent and with such a clarity of thought that you can go to the polls and vote intelligently, that freedom will continue. And if not, be assured of this: If you allow the mesmerism ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 81K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1955, Grace
- CHAPTER TWO: FEBRUARY Grace THERE is an area of consciousness through which you are instantly one with God, and with all spiritual being and creation, and through which you find instantly available all forms of good. This has been described as a Sea of Spirit, and it is as well the universal or divine Soul. In achieving conscious contact with this Sea of Spirit (or the Father within) you find divine Love pouring Itself into expression, so that you no longer live by personal effort alone, but by Grace. Rather than to seek your good from persons or things, tap this universal Soul and become a beholder as It pours forth as ideas, manifest as the human forms of good so necessary to your present experience. It is only as you learn to look to this Infinite Invisible that you begin to understand the nature of Grace. Instead of seeking or desiring something already existing as form or effect, learn to turn within and let your good unfold from this divine Source, the Infinite Unseen. Let the practitioner and teacher seek activity from this inner source. Let the business and professional man look to the divine within. Let the sick and the sinner seek healing and perfection from within. Be ever alert, expectant of Consciousness unfolding as new and richer and lovelier forms of good, and you will experience the abundance of life-by Grace. To understand that your Soul is the eternal storehouse of all good is permitting the activity of the Christ to function in your experience through Grace. What is "the Father"? The Father is universal Consciousness; the Substance of all form; divine Mind acting as your mind and manifesting as limitless ideas; immortal Life appearing as the harmonies of individual life. Seek everything in life from the kingdom within. Draw your good from the infinity of your own being. Touch that center, the kingdom within, and let the Father reveal your heritage. This is to live by Grace. Grace is the gift of God. The Children of God live by Grace: we are heirs ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icism_ February 1955, Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1956, In God's Presence is Fullness of Life
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE In God's Presence is Fullness of Life Part One IN speaking with the Samaritan woman, the Master said: "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him [it] shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Later that same day, when the disciples urged him to eat, he answered: "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." On another occasion he said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Once we glimpse the profound and sublime truth contained in these mystical utterances, our attitude changes completely and life assumes an entirely different meaning, for then we understand that "Man shall not live by bread alone," but that the "Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" is the substance of all life. As we begin to perceive that that which is outwardly tangible and visible is but the product of that which is invisible, we no longer judge our supply by the size of the purse but by the degree of God-contact attained. In attempting to find the fullness of life without first having made the contact with the Father within, we find ourselves with dust and ashes. It is imperative, therefore, that we gain an awareness of the divine Presence before the fullness can appear in our experience. Whatever good is to appear in our lives must appear as the result of the activity of truth in our own individual consciousness. If we maintain the same consciousness today as yesterday, we can expect no different fruitage; and in order that our experience tomorrow have a new and different and greater unfoldment, there must be a new activity in consciousness today. In other words, if we are to reap any spiritual fruitage from the study of truth, we must rid ourselves of whatever dead branches we are clinging to. Through a specific activity of consciousness, we must purge ourselves of any false beliefs we have entertained about God or Truth. As a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...resence is Fullness of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:03- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Reality of Spirit
- Reality of Spirit The most important part of our work is finding the answer to the question, What is God? So long as we think of God as some kind of a super-man sitting on a cloud or a man on a cross or some unknown and mysterious being, we do not bring even a small amount of spiritual power into our experience. Gratitude, appreciation, and recognition are a natural part of spiritual revelation and realization. Nevertheless, we might repeat over and over, "Thank you, Father" from now until dooms-day; but unless we actually understand what God is, who It is, and what It is we are thanking, and why we are thanking It, such outward expression is of little value. What is It that we are acknowledging; what is It we are thinking about; what is It we are seeking as the source and foundation of our unfoldment? God-but what is God? For thousands of years God has been considered as something separate and apart from us. Today, however, we are no longer willing to accept a far-off God, because we have come to understand that God is the Soul of our being; God is the Mind, the Spirit, the very Substance of which we are formed. God is the center of our being. God is the infinite consciousness of our being. Our "Thank you, Father" is, therefore, not only an expression of gratitude, but it is a recognition and realization that the Father, or God, is the divine consciousness of our very own being. The value of that recognition is that whatever we find to be true of God is universally true. It is true of us and it is true about every individual, everywhere, and at all times. "His mercy endureth forever." 1 This truth is universal and eternal throughout all generations. Whether we are thinking of people who. to our human sense of things, have passed on or whether we are thinking of people who are now on earth or those who are yet to come, remember this: God is their very own consciousness and they are always under divine protection, divine guidance, and divine illumination. We have no ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h Reader_ Reality of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 132K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 15, Meditation and Healing
- ~ 15 ~ MEDITATION AND HEALING Meditation is the secret of this entire work. If you succeed in catching the vision of the Infinite Way, you will find that meditation will be responsible for at least ninety percent of that success. You will find that meditation is not only that which opens up consciousness, but meditation, ultimately, is the mode and means of bringing the Christ into manifestation. Many people are afraid of meditation because it has always been closely associated with the Orient. In the Occident, in our Western world, there is no such practice as meditation except among the Quakers. They have, of course, practiced meditation from the beginning of their organization. But aside from them and the various Oriental groups, meditation is practically unknown in the Western world. Yet meditation is your point of contact with Divinity. The kingdom of God is within you, and it is within you, yourself, that you must find God. For although you can be led back to the kingdom within by means of teachers and teachings or even books, these serve a purpose only as they lead you back to the depths of your own being, and it is there you must find God, through meditation. Organizations perform a valuable function in the world, but that function should be to provide a teacher or a book which would be of help in helping students find the kingdom of God within their own being. In addition to teachers and books, organizations can also provide a place where students can go for meditation and communion, while they are in the transitional stage; while they are seeking God, while they are seeking the kingdom. As I see it, there is no reason why some religious organizations should not exist forever. I do not see any reason in our age why they should be discontinued. But I do say that their purpose in the early stage of our search for God is to provide us with books, teachers, teachings, services, or whatever it is that we need that will help us find the kingdom of God. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 15, Meditation and Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 117K
Find Similar Documents