The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 15, Immanuel
- ~ 15 ~ IMMANUEL Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100 "KNOW YE THAT THE LORD HE IS GOD: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves." Let us take that as our guiding light; let us try to realize in this moment that it is He that has made us, and not we ourselves. Just to be reminded of that truth and keep it uppermost in consciousness should be a healing influence. Immediately, whatever of sin, disease, or discord may be floating about anywhere should begin to fade out with the realization: "It is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves." That places the responsibility for our health, wealth, peace, safety and security upon God, the creative Principle. To each one of us, God means something different, but those differences are not important. What is important is that we recognize that there is a creative Principle, a causative Power, and that It created us, and not we ourselves. In the New Testament, John confirms this truth when he says, "Now are we the sons of God." 1 Again it is made clear that God is the causative or creative principle of our being. If once we are able to accept that, how comforting it is to realize that that which God has created He must maintain and sustain. God must be the law unto it-not only the law-giver, but the law itself. God must be the life of that which God creates, and if God is the life of our being, then our being is eternal and immortal. Therefore, to accept even for a moment the belief or fear of death, of passing on, or of leaving this plane of consciousness is really a sin against the Holy Ghost. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s New_ Chapter 15, Immanuel.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 7, Consciously Knowing the Truth
- Chapter Seven Consciously Knowing the Truth The principle of one power is perhaps the oldest spiritual principle ever revealed. One of the first spiritual revelators of the principle of one power, if not the first, was Gautama the Buddha, who revealed that this world and the powers of this world-sin, disease, death, and poverty-are illusion, and that the only reality is spirit, the invisible, which alone is power. On that basis, one of the first healing movements developed, a movement which spread throughout all India and eventually reached much of the rest of Asia. In its first few hundred years it is reported that marvelous healing work on a broad scale took place. The reason for this phenomenal success was that Gautama taught his followers that all evil is illusion, and they therefore should not fight evil, try to overcome it, or get rid of it. The followers of Gautama, including some of his immediate disciples, however, did not have sufficient spiritual vision to understand the meaning of one power, so they set up maya, which means illusion, as a separate power and tried to have the first great power do something to the illusion. In so doing, the basic principle of Gautama's teaching was lost, and they failed. Whenever another power is set up, about which God is expected to do something, there is duality and there is no longer the possibility of healing. Christ Jesus also established his healing mission on the principle of one power. To the man sick with the palsy, he said, "Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house," 1 which certainly indicates quite clearly that Jesus gave no power to that condition. In one case Jesus applied spittle to a blind man's eyes 2 and healed him. Surely he was not implying that spittle was the healing agency for blindness, but rather that spittle, a substance which in and of itself is nothing, was enough to heal blindness. Why? Because blindness has no power to maintain itself, except in the minds of those who are under the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nsciously Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 1, Laying the Foundation The Healing Principles
- ... When my mind is filled with truth and love, "neither do I condemn thee." All who enter this hall are forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into his grace because my mind is filled with his grace, with his word, with his truth, and all who enter here enter the divine presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locust are restored to them by the divine grace which God has given me as truth. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. "Every word of truth which constitutes my consciousness is bread and wine, water, meat, life, and resurrection unto all who enter my consciousness. Truth is the divine influence; love is the divine influence. If my mind, my consciousness, my soul is filled with truth, spiritual truth and love, all who enter my consciousness partake of that divine bread, meat, wine, and water which is life eternal. Through the truth embodied in my consciousness, I am a law unto you: a law of healing, a law of forgiveness, a law of grace and benediction, even a law of supply. 1 Just think, this is you talking to yourself, thinking within yourself. You are not an isolated person separate and apart from every person in this room. I am in you, you are in me, and we are in God. So ... You are virtually saying, "Don't forgive me as I don't forgive." You are setting the price of your own freedom or bondage. Therefore, in your treatment work, you must provide a minute to consciously release all who have offended, whether it is an offense against you, against democracy, against justice, against nations, or against the word of God. Set them free. Release them. Ask God's forgiveness. Be willing that they be forgiven without penalty regardless of the nature of their offense, even as Jesus forgave the adulteress, even as he forgave the thief dying on the cross. Be sure you are praying that God opens the minds and souls and consciousness of those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion The Healing Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 134K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 12, Consciousness Unfolding as the Harmony of Our Experience
- ~ 12 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS UNFOLDING AS THE HARMONY OF OUR EXPERIENCE SOME time ago a poll was conducted across the United States on the question of what would contribute the most to peace. Thirty-eight percent of those interviewed felt uniting under one God would do more to ensure peace than a greater stockpile of bombs, more armaments, or disarmament. This indicates the beginning of a change of consciousness, and it is on this that valid prophecies can be made. With thirty-eight percent of a cross section of the population agreeing that spiritual values will do more for peace than atomic bombs, we can be assured that a change of consciousness, which will ensure ultimate peace, is evolving. Nearly every war that has not grown out of business rivalry has resulted from religious differences. Among religious groups, there are those who claim the Hebrews are God's chosen people, the Catholics have the only one true God, and the Protestants have the right way. Always there is the belief there is a God for each religion and this is the one and only God. But when thirty-eight percent of the persons interviewed agree there is only one God, bias, bigotry, and religious differences are being wiped out. The important thing is the recognition that whether we are Occidental or Oriental, white or black, Jew or Gentile, we are worshiping the same God. Then we have universality. Understanding there is but one God changes the nature of the individual. It changes the nature of our relationship with others because the greatest difference has been removed: believing there is one God for you and another God for me. At the beginning of every year, all kinds of predictions are made: predictions as to whether business will go forward or backward, as to the possibilities of peace, as to how the government will function. There are those, of course, who attempt to guess or make predictions based on astrological charts. As a rule, some of these come to pass, perhaps ten, twelve, or fifteen percent ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Harmony of Our Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 9, The Issues of Life Are in Consciousness
- ~ 9 ~ THE ISSUES OF LIFE ARE IN CONSCIOUSNESS Spiritual consciousness is the opposite of all we have been taught from infancy. For one thing it is a reversal of the commonly accepted idea of substance as that which we can see, feel, touch, or handle. So much effort is put into acquiring money, property, or merchandise that the world places its value in these things. Why are wars fought? Why are political elections held? Why the eternal struggle to try to own a business or create a monopoly? Is it not primarily for the purpose of acquiring money, property, or merchandise? All the thousands of years that this has been going on, people have not learned that even after these things are acquired there is no assurance of their being able to hold onto them or that they will buy the things they hoped to get. A gross materialist does not work for money for the sake of getting money. He believes that the money will buy something called satisfaction, pleasure, security, peace of mind, or power. Few persons think that money in and of itself is valuable. Even the man who owns a gold mine is not satisfied to keep the gold. He has to translate it into some other substance. Everyone who struggles for money expects to trade it, or some of it, for those things called peace of mind, health, or power. It is the same with those who gormandize. It is not the food they care about. Always in connection with the eating or overindulgence in food or drink is the belief that the indulgence will bring satisfaction. Where the materialist differs from those of spiritual vision is that the materialist believes that he must first accumulate the matter and then exchange it for spiritual values. In that he fails. The person of spiritual vision does not believe that spiritual qualities can be purchased with money, property, or merchandise. Rather he has arrived at the realization that they come from some fountain within his own being having nothing to do with money, and that a person may have no money ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Life Are in Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 4, The Power of Resurrection
- ~ 4 ~ THE POWER OF RESURRECTION History is filled with accounts of man's attempts to find a power that will be stronger than his fears, and with which he can surmount the fears that make of his life one long nightmare. Every nation has sought to free itself from fear by amassing tremendous concentrations of armaments, but what has been the result of this attempt to settle the world's fears by the use of more and more power? The fears remain, and the enemies! Practically all fears that ever touch an individual, as well as the fears that touch the life of his nation, are related in some way and to some extent to the one word "power": the dreaded power of bombs, the hated power of dictators, or the frightening power inherent in economic cycles. Always there is some power to be feared. Let us suppose right now that we were to withdraw power from the things or persons that we fear, or suppose that we were to withdraw fear from the powers that we fear. Suppose that for just a single moment we could give up the word "power" in thinking of our personal, national, and international relationships. To make this concrete, let us bring it down to ourselves and consider what would happen if you and I determined to live in a relationship in which we never used the word "power," never thought of any power that we have over one another, or of using a power to get our way or to enforce our will. Under such a relationship, I would want to live in harmony with you, and you would want to live in harmony with me, but we would no longer have access to any power. In other words, we would have no way of enforcing our will, desire, or hopes. Where would we be then in relationship to one another, with each of us desiring harmony, peace, joy, and friendship, and yet no longer being able to promise or threaten each other? By withdrawing the word "power" from our experience, and all that it implies, it would seem that we have placed ourselves in an absolutely defenseless position. To continue ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Power of Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 142K
Find Similar Documents