Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 4, Life Unfolding As the Fruitage of Attained Consciousness
- ... Of course, that never was true. That was merely a concept of some writer or teacher, but the Christian era disposed of that and revealed what is now demonstrable, and that is that all your evil karma, all your former wrong thinking or wrongdoing is wiped out in a moment of repentance-not in years of working it out, not in years of suffering, not in years between heaven and hell, and not in years of paying a penalty on earth. No! In my own experience, a moment after the first light, the entire past with its desires and its punishments dropped away. I have witnessed in the years that have followed how many students, in coming to a place of actual repentance for any of their previous wrongs-some of omission, some of commission, some serious, some not so serious-have, in that moment of accepting the spiritual path, wiped out the past, and with their sowing to the Spirit, with their sowing to truth, they have begun very quickly to reap spiritual harmony, spiritual peace, an inner awareness of forgiveness, and an inner awareness of release from the burdens of the human sense of life. I speak not only of sin in terms of what the world calls sin, but also of disease, lack, or limitation, all of which are really sins from the standpoint of spiritual living because they miss the mark of spiritual perfection. Your diseases are as readily wiped out as your sins; your lack and limitation are wiped out as readily as your sins-but only in one way: by sowing to the Spirit, by sowing to truth, by pondering the word of God, by taking the word of God into consciousness, by meditating and contemplating on the word of God. In that moment, you are sowing to the Spirit, you are sowing to truth; and it will not be long before you will be reaping spiritual fruitage, spiritual harmony, spiritual health, spiritual supply, spiritual companionship, and witnessing all these translated into terms of human harmony. Sowing Now Brings Forth Reaping Now This sowing to the Spirit must take place in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e of Attained Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter X, The Vision to Behold
- CHAPTER X THE VISION TO BEHOLD In the beginning in the Edenic days, man was complete, whole, and harmonious- one with God. By the grace of God everything flourished, and there was peace. What man is now striving to attain in his search for God is the re-establishment of that Edenic state of complete peace and harmony, a state in which we are not at war with one another, but in love with one another; a state in which we do not deprive others, but share and give to others. The hope of man has been that by finding some supernatural power he would be able to recapture that state of bliss on earth. It must be clear to every thinking person, however, that in his attempt to find harmony, man has been searching in the wrong way and in the wrong place. Individual harmony and world peace will never be established by searching for some supernatural power. Man's need is to re-establish himself in his original Edenic estate which is oneness with God. Hundreds of years of frustration and failure should have proved to the world that it is not the work of a God to do this for us: It is our work to do it for ourselves by establishing that original relationship of oneness. The Master said, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." Nowhere does he indicate that this is God's responsibility. Time and time again he reiterates that it is our responsibility: "Ye shall know the truth . . . Ye shall love the Lord thy God . . . Ye shall love thy neighbor as thyself . . . Ye shall pray for the enemy . . . Ye shall forgive seventy times seven . . . Ye shall bring the tithes into the storehouse." In no place and at no time does he place the responsibility for our sense of separation from God upon God, but upon us. To us is addressed the entire teaching of Jesus Christ-not to God, to us. Lest, however, we should flounder, the Master has given us the way, the where, the when, and the how of this demonstration of unity: The way is prayer; the where is the kingdom of God within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter X, The Vision to Behold.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 9, Two Or More Gathered Together
- ... All who come to the meeting are forgiven, forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into His grace because my mind is filled with His grace, with His word, and with His truth. All who enter, enter the divine Presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locusts are restored to them by divine Grace which God has given me. Every ... You have to live in a constant attitude of no condemnation, leaving it to every person whether or not he wants to sin and be punished. What he does is not your affair. Your concern is to live always in an attitude of forgiveness. While maintaining this attitude of forgiveness, you do not walk around foolishly saying in the face of misconduct, "You are God's perfect child," but you do say that insofar as you are concerned, his sins are ... I am here only as a transparency for the Spirit of God; I am here only that all in the world who are seeking light may find entrance to my consciousness and be illumined. I am here for only one purpose, that the sick reaching out for wholeness, the sinner reaching out for forgiveness, the dying reaching out for life, may find entrance into this tabernacle which I am and from which all ... and became the means whereby the woman who passed through the throng and touched the robe was healed, so can people enter a room where a dedicated consciousness has been praying, even after the person has left, and find healing, comfort, and forgiveness just as they might find it if they entered an empty church where there was a minister, a priest, or a rabbi of truly spiritual stature. ... You are living as the Master lived. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 11 Drop your burdens. Here there is sanctuary; here you will find no criticism, no judgment. Here you will find forgiveness. Father, be a light unto those who enter this temple. Be their joy. Be their renewal. Come, all ye that labour, and all ye that are heavy laden. I, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...o Or More Gathered Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:26- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Two, Attaining the God-Experience
- CHAPTER TWO ATTAINING THE GOD-EXPERIENCE We must understand that the message of The Infinite Way is not to give the world a new teaching, but to give the world an experience. The Infinite Way is actually a God-experience, a Christ-experience. The Infinite Way is not its writings, lectures, or classes. These are the instruments leading us to The Infinite Way, but The Infinite Way itself is the God-experience. It became very clear to a serious student one day, while meditating upon the subject of the desert and water, that talking about water or thinking about it would not quench his thirst. Not even seeing or touching water would satisfy. Only by drinking, and thus experiencing water, is thirst quenched. Almost from the beginning, I have realized that no matter what truth, or how much truth, we know, truth is not a healing agency. What we know of truth is merely a step leading to a certain state of consciousness, and that state of consciousness is the healing agency. When one does not know the correct letter of truth, it is very difficult to acquire the spirit or consciousness that leads to the actual God-experience. So the earnest reading and study of the letter of truth are steps to opening consciousness to a final experience; and when that experience takes place, harmonious living is quickly revealed and manifest. It is essential that we understand the nature of God. Unless we know the nature of God, there is no way of knowing the nature of true prayer, because prayer is the avenue leading to God, and it is through prayer that we make our contact with God. It is through prayer and communion that we have the God-experience. If we pray and our prayers are not answered, we can be assured, as James said, that it is because we have been praying amiss. If we have been praying, that is, knowing the truth, and have not arrived at the demonstration of harmony in our experience, we might just as well be honest with ourselves and admit, "I have been praying amiss; I have not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ttaining the God-Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Six, Impersonalizing God
- CHAPTER SIX IMPERSONALIZING GOD If someone were to ask you, "What is this Infinite Way? What is there about it that holds your interest and apparently benefits you?" you would probably have a difficult time answering, because what holds and benefits you and is your Comforter is something you know with your fourth-dimensional Consciousness, and if you should try to impart it to someone still living in the third-dimensional or material state of consciousness, he would never understand what you were attempting to tell him. In trying to explain this you might say, "Oh, I have learned that evil is not power," and then, of course, you would be ridiculed. If you said, "I have discovered God," you would then be asked to explain that, and anyone who has ever been called upon to tell what he has found out about God knows how foolish it would be to try. No one can do that, because whatever it is you may know about God you do not know with your mind. To have any awareness of God means that you have already broken through the area of mind and have been lifted into the higher consciousness. Whatever you may know about God, you know through your spiritual awareness, through your developed spiritual discernment, through the soul-faculties. To try to tell this to a person living out from a materialistic consciousness would be nonsensical, if not impossible. UNIVERSALITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE MIND THAT WAS IN CHRIST JESUS The Infinite Way begins with the revelation that there is a transcendental consciousness, which in Christian mysticism is called Christ-consciousness and in Buddhism is called the Buddha-mind. In either case, what is meant is that there is a consciousness higher than the human mind. This is not a matter of general knowledge. True, there may be those who accept the idea that Buddha had that spiritual consciousness and that Jesus had the mind that was in Christ, but there are not many who understand that this Christ-mind, or consciousness, is universal to all men, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Six, Impersonalizing God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 20, 1963, The Individual Under God
- THE INDIVIDUAL UNDER GOD January 20, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LAST WEEK WE SPOKE about the sin of mediocrity. But that can be misconstrued; in fact, the whole subject of individuality can be misconstrued. Everything good has been accomplished through an individual, but so has everything evil been accomplished through an individual. In other words, if we are left to ourselves regardless of talents, they can turn into either good or evil. Even knowledge can be turned into good or bad. In the days of the Black and White Brotherhoods, though their education was the same, the White Brotherhood used knowledge for good, the Black Brotherhood used knowledge for evil. Only when an individual is under God does everything he does serve a purpose of God. No greater issue is before the world today than the individual-the individual under God. Not under God, you have destruction. The cliché that in union there is strength is a fallacy. There was no greater union than England and its empire. Certainly, there was no stronger union than Holland and its colonies. But not being under God, it has been broken. In Russia today the people have as much respect for the individual as we have. Individuals, not the masses, create nuclear power: astronauts, scientists, executives-but individuals not under God. For us there must be a definite knowledge that nothing exists greater than individual capacity and individual integrity, but the individual under God. Only then do we have a government under God and a government working for the common good. An individual can only develop spiritually when he comes to know God aright. When we see a statement like, "I depend not on God nor devil but on my own power," unless it strikes up against a consciousness of truth, that statement can go out and control the world because the world has not understood the non-power of temporal power. Truth always destroys temporal power, but it is the knowing of the truth. Always remember that evil can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, The Individual Under God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 88K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 9, 1963, Christ: The Unfoldment from Within
- CHRIST: THE UNFOLDMENT FROM WITHIN June 9, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel LAST WEEK WE WERE LED to the unfoldment that there are two realms or worlds, "this world" and "my kingdom," and that, "my kingdom is not of this world." 1 Also, because of these months of our work together, we must now be having the experience of truth, rather than just lectures or classes about truth. In other words we want our work to be in the nature of an experience, not a philosophy. Unless we can experience my kingdom, we are just living in the language of words, thoughts, teachings, and philosophies. In order to know the actual experience, you must begin by realizing that everything that exists in the external world had its beginning in the invisible-not just an invisible-but a very specific invisible consciousness. The consciousness of man, which basically is the consciousness of God manifested as the consciousness of man, is the invisible which is the substance and law of everything external. We know that the Chinese gave us the wheel, and a wheel is the most important part of a civilized existence. Now go back to China in your mind, and try to realize the world without a wheel. Then ask yourself, "Where does a wheel come from?" From this you will have to see that it had its origin in the mind of man, but behind that mind of man is the God- mind functioning as man's mind. So man turns within to his consciousness and he receives an impartation-an impartation from the infinite to the individual. And once man has the idea of a wheel in consciousness, how easy it is then to go out and make that wheel in the visible. Follow this principle all the way up from the wheel to the airplane, to color television, to radar, and see that everything had to be imparted to man from something greater than his education or physical strength. First he had to receive all these things in consciousness; he then took the next step of externalizing them. We have said in our work that there never will be peace on ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Unfoldment from Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 104K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 2, From Practicing the Presence to the Prayer of Listening
- Chapter Two From Practicing the Presence to the Prayer of Listening Living the spiritual life begins with practicing the presence of God, which means living in such a way that from the moment we awaken in the morning until we go to sleep at night, we have some conscious realization and acknowledgment of God. For example, on waking up in the morning, before jumping out of bed, wait for a few minutes and contemplate: This is a new day, which I had nothing to do with creating, nor had any man or woman. Where did it come from? Where, but from God? Therefore, this day must be the work of God, and if it is the work of God, it must include in it the works of God, the presence of God, and the power of God. I can begin with the activities of this day without worry and without fear because I know that since God has brought about this day, He will not leave it to its own resources. He created it and He maintains and sustains it. So I can safely trust this day to the government of God and to His presence and power. Only after such a realization should we make our preparations for the day. At breakfast must come the realization that there could be no food on our table or on any table but for the grace of God. Only God can bring forth crops and fruits. We can plant the seeds, but we cannot make seeds and we cannot make them grow after they are planted. Some kind of a law must take hold of a seed in order to bring forth apples from apple seeds or peaches from peach seeds. Therefore it is by God's grace that the food we eat and drink is provided for us. Meeting the Responsibilities of the Day As we go forward during the day, there is not a person who is not faced with some responsibility greater than he is able to care for. No one of us goes through life without having problems that we cannot humanly solve, and it is in these periods that we again contemplate truth as we know it, remembering that "He performeth the thing that is appointed for me.1. . . The Lord will perfect that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... to the Prayer of Listening.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 5, Knowing the Truth in Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ KNOWING THE TRUTH IN TREATMENT To those of us on the Path of The Infinite Way our goal is harmony-spiritual, eternal, immortal harmony in all of our relationships, being, body and business. In our search for the harmonies of life we have come to see that the only harmony is the harmony of God, made manifest as our individual experience. We have found that it is an impossibility to be intelligent, healthy or wealthy in and of ourselves, and that even though we gain these through material means they prove to be unsatisfactory, incomplete and impermanent. Only in the degree that we understand that God is the Intelligence of the universe, that God is the Mind, the Soul, and the Spirit of our individual being, do we have harmony as a permanent and continuing dispensation. As we come into the realization that there is no lasting safety or security, no health or wealth in the material world, we must find our new abiding-place-"an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." How do we attain this spiritual life? How do we attain spiritual consciousness? How do we attain our freedom from "this world?" The Master showed us the way-"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The first step in attaining freedom from the world is learning and knowing the truth. Read and study scripture and truth books. Bring yourself into the atmosphere of those who have attained some measure of spiritual consciousness. Choose your books, your teacher or teaching only after thoughtful consideration and prayer that they be revealed to you. Each one must find within his own being his true teacher or teaching, and be faithful to them until such time as he shall be led to a higher step. In the last analysis, we shall all be taught of God. The second, and by far the most important step, is knowing the truth, not merely by reading, studying or hearing it, but also by receiving it by impartation from within your own being. In giving treatments to ourselves or others in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...wing the Truth in Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 16, 1963, One with God: Praying for the World
- ONE WITH GOD: PRAYING FOR THE WORLD August 16, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD EVENING. In the early years of our study of The Infinite Way, we must abide by the specific principles of this message very carefully, very closely and very intensely, because the study and practice of these principles develops our consciousness to where we no longer hate, fear, or love the human scene. We develop our consciousness to that place where we recognize that there is something greater than ourselves functioning within us. We of ourselves could never do the things that we are called upon to do. We of ourselves could not help people to overcome serious diseases, or to lose sins and false appetites, or to mold new dispositions. There is nothing about us as people that would ever enable us to do that for another. It is only when we have been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that we can at least approach Paul in his statement: "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me," 1 or the Master's: "I can of mine own self do nothing" 2 -the Father doeth the works. The study and practice of specific Infinite Way principles raises our consciousness because it helps us to overcome fear of anything in the manifest realm. It helps us to realize the non-power of what the world calls power. As we progress in this work through study and practice, and as some measure of the spirit of God enters our consciousness, we find ourselves called upon to help others. The others may not know why they come to us-it is something they feel, but they do come and they do ask our help, and generally we can give it. Usually, by the time they come asking for help, we have the spiritual endowment that makes it possible to give them their help. Eventually this begins to dawn in the consciousness of every spiritual student, regardless of his approach: "If this that functions through me for the benefit of myself and others is so powerful, can it not then help the entire world? If I can pray ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Praying for the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 99K
Find Similar Documents