Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 11, Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being
- Chapter Eleven Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being God is the central theme of the message of the Infinite Way, but God is probably the most misunderstood word in all languages. Often in my travels, strangers ask, "What do you do? What is your business?" And I have to tell them I have no business, that I just write. "Oh, novels? Fiction?" Always I am in the same predicament. It is a strange thing to say, but eventually I have to tell those who ask that I write about God. Then comes the question, "What is the title of your book?" This leads me to explain that there are about twenty published books and twenty-five more coming. "All on God?" "Yes, I never change the subject." That in itself is strange, but what makes it even more strange is that very few persons know what I mean when I say God. I seem to mean something different from what most of them imagine. I am sure, from my experience, that most persons not only believe in God, but to some extent they actually believe they know what God is. That, too, seems rather strange because as a rule after a year or two of study students of the Infinite Way tell me they have never known what God is and just now they are beginning to realize how difficult it is to understand the true meaning of God. It really is difficult because regardless of what you may think about God you are bound to be wrong. You cannot be right, and you never will be right. There never will be a time when you will be correct in what you think about God. As long as you are thinking about God, you are entertaining concepts about God. Those concepts are based on your previous experience, childhood religion, or on what someone has thought, said, or written. Until a person has been a serious student of that subject for many years, God rarely becomes an actual experience. Meeting God face to face is the final word on the subject of what God is. Opening the Soul-Center The main function of a teacher in the activity of the Infinite Way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he I Am of Individual Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 1, Peeling Off the Onion Skins
- Chapter One Peeling Off the Onion Skins In the history of the world, it is recorded that those who received the greatest light were those who were in deepest need of spiritual light and who had to search more seriously and diligently than the persons who were getting along comfortably without God. It takes desperation of one sort or another to drive us deep enough into the heart of God to find God. As a rule, it is only when human companionship has not sufficed, when human supply has not given us enough happiness, satisfaction, or completeness, and when even human health has not made us relax in an inner peace that we ask, "Lord, Lord, where art Thou?" Then it is that we begin the search for truth. Then it is that we try to find out if there is not a God, if there is not a Something somewhere that would bring to us what we are seeking. And what are we seeking? Most of all, peace. If we had peace, we would not be disturbed by physical, mental, or financial discomfort. But we have not found peace. We think that we can find peace if we have enough education, a good job, or a happy marriage, but even if we do enjoy financial comfort, good family relationships, and all other desirable human things, very often there is still something else that we have not achieved, and out of that hunger comes the search. As far as Joel Goldsmith was concerned, he was a businessman, and he was not doing too badly in the business world except for some momentary periods that everyone sooner or later has in business. There was no idea in his mind that he would at any time ever be connected with a religious, philosophical, or metaphysical work. That was no part of his consciousness. At best, it can be said that he had that hunger to find something more satisfying than a highball, a game of cards, a theater, a dance, or even a successful business, and that he was trying to find something better than those things. Most of us come to the grace of God through our ills and our discords. I was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Peeling Off the Onion Skins.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XVII, If I Be Lifted Up
- CHAPTER XVII IF I BE LIFTED UP Now we have done with words and thoughts and have entered that place of communion with God. "Yet in my flesh shall I see God." When? When we are still; when we have obeyed the First Commandment, recognizing only one power and acknowledging God as the central theme of our being; when we have loosed all erroneous concepts, as but the "arm of flesh," nothingness; then we stand in that consciousness of oneness and let the light within us shine. The weapons of human belief-human concepts and human thoughts-have no power against that person who has consciously realized his oneness with God and his oneness with everything on every level of life. There need be no words and no thoughts; there must only be the inner feel of that union which may express itself as words. All that God is, I am. Thou seest me; thou seest the Father shining right through me, for I and the Father are one: I in Him, and He in me; I in you, and you in me; and all one in Christ Jesus-in spiritual being, in spiritual sonship and identity. There is nothing in this world antagonistic to me, and I am antagonistic to nothing in this world because my oneness with the Father constitutes my oneness with all spiritual being. God speaks the universal language of Spirit: We may hear God actually as a voice in our ear, or we may see God as light, or as a form; but on the other hand we may feel God only as a release, a warmth, or as a lifting in consciousness. There will be a sign; there will be a signal-but no sign shall be given in advance: These signs shall follow them that have this conscious awareness! Therefore, our prayer in its highest sense is the prayer of contact, the prayer of communion, in which no words or thoughts pass from us to God, and there may not even be words or thoughts from God to us, but there will be an awareness, there will be a sense of communion, an inner peace. True prayer comes to its completeness and perfection when there is no desire; it comes to full ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XVII, If I Be Lifted Up.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 106K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 8, The Fruitage of Knowing God Aright
- ... Instead of trying to gain business at the expense of a competitor, there would be better business for everyone if competitors could agree to put their heads together in the attitude, "How can we give better service and increase the amount of business in this neighborhood?" Do not believe for a minute that God prospers one person's business at somebody else's expense. It is easy to bring business under the jurisdiction of spiritual activity. Business is not separate and apart from one's spiritual experience. Business is as spiritual as any form of living, just as spiritual as going to church or as engaging in prayer. Not all forms of business would fit into that category, but business, as I understand it, is really a part of spiritual living. Forgiveness as the Foundation for a Life Work In the very first year of the great depression of the 1930's, a man who had made a fortune in the building business lost his entire business and fortune. His wife had to go to work, and he took what ... All of a sudden the meaning of those words dawned on me as I realized that the people in the church were reading those words backwards. The divine love that meets every need is not out here. It is inside. Therefore, it is the divine love you express that meets your need. There is no God out here meeting your need. God is within you, but as long as you are not expressing that divine love, it is unexpressed, and as long as it is unexpressed, it cannot meet your human need. What constitutes divine love? Forgiveness, charity, benevolence, kindness, cooperativeness, sharing: all these constitute divine love. If you are not expressing divine love, it is not going to return to you or meet your need. It was that awareness that brought a change in my way of life, because I saw how foolish it is to sit around waiting for God to do something. Are You an Instrument for God's Love? God is forever being God, so there is no use waiting for God to do something tomorrow. God is already doing it. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage of Knowing God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 9, Metaphysics and Mysticism - The Infinite Way Path
- ~ 9 ~ METAPHYSICS AND MYSTICISM: THE INFINITE WAY PATH Many of you who have been in class work with me know that at no time in my life did I dream of there being such a work as the message of the Infinite Way or that I would ever be connected in any way with a spiritual teaching. My work was in the business world, and while I was never interested in any organized religion, I did have that longing to know what made the wheels of truth go 'round, especially after I began traveling in Europe in 1909. There, for the first time, I was awakened to man's inhumanity to man: I was awakened to the fights, the discords, the inharmonies that take place, and to the dens of iniquity that existed. I didn't know they existed in the United States too, but I learned later we also had our own San Francisco and New Orleans, and these things puzzled me because there were so many religions that claimed there is a God. So it was, I turned my attention to learning more about God. My only purpose was to find out for myself what lies behind this world, so I asked why this thing called God, or man called God, or whatever this being is, wasn't doing something about the sins of the world, the wars, the discords, the causes of strife. I was only a youngster in New York when the first ladies' ready-to-wear strike took place where men and women were killed, beaten up, and injured in the name of business. I remember when the steel workers in Pennsylvania were striking for a dollar-and-a-half a day and the militia was called out to shoot them down. I wondered about these things. I was in London in 1909 when the German and English fleets were lined up against each other in the North Sea, the World War ready to start. It was man's inhumanity to man that brought me to the search for truth but with no other object or motive than to learn for myself why, if there truly were a God he would permit this inhumanity. Many years later, when my first religious experience took place, it brought with it the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism - The Infinite Way Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1958, Praying Aright
- ... The inner communion helps to purify us, but a little conscious effort toward controlling our grosser feelings also helps us to reach that deeper communion. Inner communion results in an outer activity of harmony and peace, but no one can live in that inner communion if he is violating such spiritual laws as those that have been revealed by Christ Jesus. No one can expect to live an inner life of communion with signs following if, at the same time, he is hating his fellow-man, entertaining prejudice or bigotry, indulging in miserliness, or withholding forgiveness, understanding, or cooperation. Inner communion under such circumstances is an impossibility. Establishing a Conscious Awareness of the Presence In the early morning hours, before the day's activities have begun, we must be sure that we have established ourselves in God's grace and that we are in the rhythm of God-consciousness. ... Then we can go about our day's work: We have prayed-we have prayed ourselves into the very kingdom of heaven; we have prayed ourselves into God's grace. It may be necessary at noon or in the afternoon or evening when the distresses of the day crowd in to re-establish this contact. Again we turn within. This time something of a quite different nature may come: "What have I against any man, and what has any man against me?" Immediately we begin inwardly to make peace: * God is love. God is forever loving; God's love is flowing through me to all this world. God's forgiveness touches everyone-the man born blind, the thief on the cross, the woman taken in adultery, the leper. God's grace is a state of forgiveness for everybody, and God's love and God's forgiveness flow through me to all the world. In this meditation, we have made peace with our brother, and now our prayer is fruitful. Again, that is only the first half of the prayer: The second half is sitting in the silence, receptive, responsive, waiting until the flow begins. Suddenly we are lifted up and we know that we are in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tember 1958, Praying Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 4, Error
- ~ 4 ~ ERROR Our conscious oneness with God constitutes our oneness with all spiritual being and idea. Meditation should result in the consciousness of the presence of God. This conscious awareness of the presence of God is the foundation of our entire experience. Since God is infinite good, our being consciously one with God means that we are consciously one with infinite good. Then we do not have to try to get at- one with a good home, a good automobile, a good wife, a good friend, a good book, or a good teacher; we only have to realize at-one-ment with God, and God appears to us: God becomes visible and manifest to us as the good home, the good wife, the good automobile, or the good anything else that may be our need at the moment. When we try to help ourselves or others through spiritual realization, it is the Christ that does the work; it is the Christ that dispels the illusion; it is the Christ that operates as healer, reformer, supplier. But what is the Christ? The Christ is our individual consciousness when that consciousness has been released from its fear, hate, or love of error. Now let us put that into practical, usable form. Let us assume that there is a shadow on the wall. As we look at it, we can see that it is a shadow, and of course we do not hate it, or fear it, or love it. If I thought that that shadow were some kind of an evil presence, I might very well hate it or fear it; and if I thought it was a person, I might love it. Knowing it as shadow, however, I can neither hate, nor fear, nor love it: I look on it with complete indifference, knowing that its only existence is as shadow-virtually nothingness, without substance. When I am called upon for help and recognize that the problem, whether physical, mental, moral, or financial, has no more substance than that shadow-that it is not power, it is not presence, it is not reality-that attitude is what determines my healing ability. That constitutes my degree of Christhood. When I can face any form of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Speaks_ Chapter 4, Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:26- 125K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 8, Illumined Prayer
- Chapter Eight Illumined Prayer God is at the center of our being, and in one way or another It can make Itself known to us. It may be interpreted as sound or as light. Many persons, however, do not hear sound or see light: they merely have a feeling of the presence. But in whatever way It translates Itself to a person, It is an evidence of Immanuel, God with us. Whether we hear, see, or feel something, that something is an effect, not God. It is the effect of the invisible presence called God. I, myself, am neither clairvoyant nor clairaudient. I have no psychic gifts whatever, and never have had, so I have not had some of the experiences others may have had. Only Those of Spiritual Vision Can Witness the Ascension Had we been present when Jesus walked the earth after his entombment, following the crucifixion, we might have been one of the five hundred who saw Jesus and spoke with him, or one of the multitudes who said that Jesus had been buried and his friends had taken the body away, leaving the tomb empty. Had we been one of those five hundred who saw him, we would have been one of those of spiritual vision who became a follower of the Master. Had we been one of the multitudes who did not witness him walking the earth, we would have been one of those earthbound persons who sees only what he believes or believes only what he sees; one of those who, if he cannot see it, hear it, taste it, touch it, or smell it, does not believe. The Hebrews of those days saw only the body that was entombed; those who saw Jesus walk the earth again became the Christians. If those of us on the three-dimensional level of life had been present with Enoch, Elijah, or Jesus, we would most likely not have been aware that they ascended or were translated because unless we had the spiritual vision of the fourth-dimensional consciousness, we would not have witnessed it. Instead we would have seen what we call a corpse or the mortal remains right where everyone else in the third-dimensional ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Illumined Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 10, Let the Tares and the Wheat Grow Together
- ... Your problems exist only in the same way that the mirage exists on the desert, as a misperception of what actually is. "I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." 10 You are not told that when you awaken you will heal anybody, but that you will see Him as He is, and that is perfect, perfect now. The way to prove this and to pray in such a way as to honor God is to know that His kingdom is come on earth, as it is in heaven. His kingdom is established on earth, not will be in the future. God would not be God if He had a kingdom and kept it away from this earth now, and then was going to restore it later. God could not be God if God knew any harmony in the future tense. The only way God can be God is for His kingdom to be established where He is and when He is: now. Instantaneous Healing, the Fruitage of Nowness If you hearken well, you will also learn that in the kingdom of God there is neither time nor space. That is what makes instantaneous healing possible; that is what makes instantaneous reformation possible; that is what makes instantaneous forgiveness possible. There is no such thing as waiting in hell until your sins have been washed out; there is no such thing as waiting until you become pure; there is no such thing as waiting somewhere for something to happen, for that would take away from the instantaneity of God. That would take away from the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Anything that has to do with a future tense would degrade our sense of God, for God cannot be God except now, and this now must be infinite, this now must be the omnipresence of God, nothing less and nothing else. You honor God only in your realization of a timeless and ageless God. For this, you find authority in Scripture in such passages as "Thou art the same" 11 yesterday, today and forever. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 12 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." 13 None of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and the Wheat Grow Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 126K
Find Similar Documents