The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Grace
- ... It is divine Grace that you are enabled to fulfill every demand upon you, and this Grace leaves you free and joyous to experience what is called this human life; but this life, understood through Grace, is not a human life at all: it is really divine. Grace also includes forgiveness. Sometimes we hold ourselves in bondage to the belief of deserved punishment for sins of omission or commission, and often we hold others in bondage to these same beliefs. But under this life of Grace, there is forgiveness without any consideration for whether one has deserved, earned, or been worthy of it. The forgiveness is there because Grace reveals that the transgressor has not done this thing to you: he has done it unto himself, through ignorance. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 2 You might think that the Master meant that they knew not what they did to him. He did not mean that at all. He meant that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. To him, nothing could happen. He had come under divine sonship. God was his eternal life, and no one could take that from him. God was his supply: he had already demonstrated that he could feed the multitudes. No one could take that power and ability away from him. He knew that they could do nothing to him; and the only possible meaning of "Father, forgive them" was that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. The true sense of forgiveness is a ... You will get out of life whatever you put into it, no more and no less. It may be a life of peace, but there will be no peace or prosperity for those who are expecting to get something. It may be a life of war and depression, but there will be no war or depression to the person who is putting into life his love, his forgiveness, and his dependence on Grace. To that person, none of these things will come nigh his dwelling place. If you could learn the secret of Grace, which is a complete reliance on this infinite Power within, you would find a spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith Reader_ Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:19- 96K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 14, I the Lord Have Called Thee
- ~ 14 ~ "I THE LORD HAVE CALLED THEE" Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:1-5: 10, 11 Do you see that the conviction that has to come to each one of us is that because the he, the it, the I of our being is the power, not one of us can fail? Do you see how there is no way for us to gain confidence or to lose fear until that moment of transition when we inwardly sense that he has that power, and because he has that power, we cannot fail? Do you see how this brings out, not only a sense of humility, it brings out the realization-not a quotation in a book, but the realization-that there is a "he." Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. Isaiah 40:28-30 Even the young, who depend on their muscles, who depend on their vitality or their youth, even they will come face to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...I the Lord Have Called Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 1, Love as Understanding
- ~ 1 ~ LOVE AS UNDERSTANDING We all want to be understood and to be understanding. Most of us wish that those we meet could see into the center of our being, could see what we have been from the beginning, but which no one has yet recognized-not mother, not father, not teacher. No one has ever seen what we really are, and it is because of this nonrecognition that we have worn a mask to hide ourselves from the world. If only the mask that is hiding you from me and me from you could drop from our faces, we would be like children, back in the Garden of Eden. Everyone longs to be understood, but most persons think that that means being known as they are humanly. That is not what it means at all. Those who believe that do so because they do not yet know that the Christ is their true identity and this is really what they would like to show forth. The Master Christ Jesus, too, longed to have his true identity recognized and understood. How obvious is his longing as he asks, "Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? . . . Whom say ye that I am?" He longed to be known as the Christ, but he could not walk out and say, "I am the Christ." Let us not hesitate, however, to say silently and secretly to everyone we meet, "Thou art the Christ, the holy one of Israel. I know thee who thou art." How do we know it? Flesh and blood have not taught us this, nor has the human mind revealed it. Only spiritual discernment reveals to us that God lives on earth as individual you and me. God has incarnated Himself as individual being. God the Father appears on earth as God the son. As we begin the practice of beholding the Christ in everyone we meet-in our household, our neighborhood, the market, the post office, the department store-the world will begin to present a different picture to us. People will act in a different way. The world will respond differently to us because the world will bring back to us what we have given to it. Whomever we meet, we meet in the spirit of letting God's grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, Love as Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XVII, Illumination, Communion, and Union
- CHAPTER XVII ILLUMINATION, COMMUNION, AND UNION Meditation leads to that illumination which becomes first, communion with God, and finally union. Illumination is an individual experience. In no way is it related to any outward observance or form of worship; it is entirely dependent upon the realization of our relationship to God. It is an experience which takes place within ourselves separate and apart from every other person. It cannot be shared with anybody-husband, wife, child, or trusted friend. It cannot be sought in the company of others. No two people can seek it together. Each must retire to the inner sanctuary of his own being and find his God-experience there. In a measure, it is possible to share our unfoldment with others who are either illumined or who are on the path of illumination, but let us always remember, a God-experience is an individual one. If it were to come to us in the midst of thousands of people, it would still remain a solitary experience. There can be no partner in this experience. We can share the unfolding truth which may lead others to the experience and, if we have a sufficient degree of enlightenment, we may help to lift them to the point where they also can experience God. Further than that we cannot go; the experience, itself, must take place within them. No one should attempt to teach or share the truth which has been revealed to him, until he has let it work within his own consciousness and has, thereby, achieved a measure of light. After that he will be directed as to how, when, where, and under what circumstances he should share this revelation. God will make known the part he is to play and the way in which he is to play it. Illumination is possible to every individual in proportion to the intensity of his desire for it; but while he is striving to make the God-contact, he would do well to keep that first spark hidden from the world, until it is kindled into a flame. After the first glimmerings of illumination, the wise ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation, Communion, and Union.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 76K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter I, The Two Covenants
- CHAPTER I THE TWO COVENANTS For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. . . . But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. GALATIANS 4:22-24, 26 In our humanhood, we are sons of the bondwoman, in subjection to the flesh and its claims, in bondage to the things, thoughts, and activities of the flesh, whether it be this flesh of the body or the flesh called money or other forms of human living. Living in and through the flesh as the offspring of the bondwoman, we are under the laws of matter, the laws of economics, and the laws of race, religion, and nationality-under the covenant "which gendereth to bondage." The other covenant is that of our spiritual adoption, which comes through a conscious activity within our own consciousness and at a time when we are prepared for that transition, because the transition from humanhood to spiritual sonship is made only by Grace. When a person says that he would like to be a child of God and be free of the burdens of the flesh, usually he does not really mean it. What he means is that he would like to be free of the burdens of the flesh, but retain the pleasures and the profits of the flesh. It is for this reason that as human beings we cannot choose to be children of God. But there does come a time in the consciousness of every one of us-with some now and with some many lifetimes from now-when, through an inner Grace, we are able and willing not only to be rid of the ills of the flesh, but also of the pleasures and profits of the flesh, and to become acquainted with our spiritual identity or Selfhood, with that new creature-not the old one made healthy, not the old one made honorable, but a new creature which is born of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter I, The Two Covenants.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 85K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 24, 1963, The Inner Life
- THE INNER LIFE March 24, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii THE MASTER SPEAKS ABOUT PRAYING in secret, of going into the inner sanctuary, not to be seen of men. He speaks also about giving our benevolences in secret, not to attract attention to ourselves as though we needed the praise of men. Both these principles are especially important in The Infinite Way. Outwardly we must not seem to be more righteous, we must not seem to be different from our next door neighbor, and yet in our inner life we must be so different that you would think we are people of two different worlds. Unlike this world, we can no longer indulge in prejudice, bias, bigotry, revenge, or the ambitions. Why? Because these are barriers to spiritual progress, and the main barrier to spiritual progress lies in the personal sense of the word I. Whenever we say "I am healthy, I am wealthy, I am grateful, I am loving, I am forgiving," we are indulging in personal sense which is the barrier to our reaching our ultimate goal. Everyone on the spiritual path-and the path may be of any name or nature-has the same goal: to reach the place described by Paul, "I live yet not I, Christ liveth my life," and ultimately to reach the high point of realization announced by the Master, "Thou seeth me, thou seeth the Father that sent me." 1 Let us forget the second revelation for now and let us go back to the first one, "I live yet not I, Christ liveth my life." 2 Do you not see that Christ is not "living my life" if I live by personal sense, by jealousies, bigotries, hatreds, revenge, animosities? No, all those human qualities leave no place for the Christ to live. Suppose we have a human ambition of any name or nature, what chance would Christ have to live our lives? What chance would Christ have to live our lives if we look out at this world with personal sense, with judgement or criticism as to religion, race or color, or if in any way we try to make others subservient to us? No, this is the meaning of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch 24, 1963, The Inner Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 96K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 9, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 1
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 1 March 9, 1963 I WAS JUST TRYING TO SEE if I could find any spiritual reason for celebrating a birthday or an anniversary. Emma and I have been celebrating ours with a little family group every year just as a matter of human enjoyment, but I have been trying to think if there would be any spiritual significance in a birthday or anniversary. For one thing, it does serve as an excuse for a group of people to get together, for it is a wonderful thing for people who are like-minded to be together in this way. Still the question is, is there a spiritual significance? The only answer that would come is for the sake of giving us an opportunity, just because we use numbers, to look back for a few minutes to see how we have developed spiritually in the last few years. What manner of unfoldment has taken place in that time, what sense of togetherness? It would serve a good purpose to see if the past years are unfolding in some beautiful way. I think the only purpose really, that I can see at this moment, is that you can ask yourself, if it is a birthday, "What use am I making of my years?" Yes, this just comes up in my thought: "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth consume, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where thy treasure is, there will thy heart be also." 1 From a spiritual standpoint it would make no difference in the passing of years, if we were using our time to lay up spiritual treasures. You can't take money with you, you can't take bank accounts with you and you can't take university degrees with you. It doesn't even matter if you have been president two or three times. The only thing we can carry with us is whatever measure of spiritual truth or spiritual consciousness we have attained. The same purpose is true on celebrating an anniversary. We would have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 1.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 95K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 8, How to Express Love to Your Family
- ~ 8 ~ HOW TO EXPRESS LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY You will know real peace and love in your household only when you tabernacle and commune with the Spirit of God in man. The way is straight and narrow, and few there are who are willing to engage in the practice necessary to attain a consciousness of that Spirit. If you expect a man or a woman to be good, or if you are looking to anyone for honesty, you can be mistaken and disappointed time after time. Furthermore, if you are looking at honest men and women and neglecting to see the Christ in each one, do not think for a minute that here and there one of them is not going to trip you up. If, however, in all your human relationships, you insist on looking through every person to the Spirit of God in him, you will be protected from the evil ones of this world, and none of the weapons that are formed against you will prosper. In the moment that the Spirit of God enters your soul, you see with different eyes, and you lose all sense of male, female, young, old, sick, or well. You see the spiritual identity of all with whom you come in contact and that vision awakens it in them. In your real identity you are the son of God, but this sonship is so dormant in your humanhood that you have lost the awareness and the capacity to behold the Christ in the members of your family. As you attain spiritual discernment and look out and behold the Christ of them, their capacity to sin or to be sick is diminished. Take a five-minute period every day in which you meditate for a different member of your family. Begin with your husband, your wife, one of your children, or one of your parents, but take a different person each day for just five, six, or seven minutes. Wait until you are completely free from other responsibilities so that you can go off into a room by yourself without interruptions from the telephone, radio, television, or guests. Whether the person you have in mind is aware of it or not, you realize that that I, that Spirit of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Express Love to Your Family.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 78K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 9, Upholding Your Loved Ones Spiritually
- ~ 9 ~ UPHOLDING YOUR LOVED ONES SPIRITUALLY It is natural for you to want to place those you love in God's care and, as a matter of fact, unless this is consciously done by someone, your loved ones will not be in God's care. So each day realize the activity of the presence of God and then wait for God to place the seal on your meditation: "Whither shall I flee from thy presence?" Whither shall those of my household flee from Thy presence? Thy presence fills all space. Thy kingdom is within the very consciousness of those of my household, and God is dwelling in His kingdom. Every person in this household is the abiding place of God; his mind is the temple of God; his body is the temple of God; and God is in His dwelling place now. The Spirit of God is the very breath of his being, the very life of his body, and the very intelligence of his mind. God envelops him for God is in him and he is in God. In God's presence is fullness of life, and every individual in this household, being always in the presence of God, is always in the presence of the fullness of life. The place whereon he stands is holy ground. He and his heavenly Father are one and inseparable, indivisible, and he cannot stray from God's presence whether at work or at home. God walks with him and as him; God talks with him and as him.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Your Loved Ones Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 77K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents