The Heart of Mysticism: August 1957, Your Names are Written in Heaven
- ... Now I can say to you that the prophecy, if such it was, has come true: This is the year of fulfilment for the message of The Infinite Way. Jesus gave the world this Messianic message: There is a transcendental Presence and Power within the consciousness of every individual on earth, and this spiritual Presence and Power he called "the Father within"-your Father and my Father. He taught and proved that this spiritual Presence and Power heals the sick, unstops the ears of the deaf, opens the eyes of the blind, feeds the hungry, raises the dead, and gives spiritual illumination, so that the enlightened live not only by bread, but by an inner meat, an inner wine, an inner water, an inner bread of life which Jesus revealed as the grace of God. In other words, the grace of God, the activity of God's presence and power in us, is our daily bread, our supply, our activity, our wisdom, and our immortality. Throughout his three-year ministry, he proved every single point of this teaching by healing the sick, bringing forgiveness to the sinner, demonstrating supply, and revealing immortality. The disciples and apostles, and later their students, were able to prove the omnipresence of the Spirit of God in man and Its redemptive power; they broke the mesmeric Adam-dream and revealed that "henceforth know we no man after the flesh." In other words, no longer shall we believe in a good human being or a bad human being, but in the understanding of this spiritual Presence, we shall know all men as the Sons of God or offspring of God, the spiritual heirs of God- the Christ. This teaching was lost when men began to observe ceremonies and rites, arguing and disagreeing about the form of worship and eventually dividing into numerous sects, each with its own form of worship, ceremony, and creed. Attention was focused on the form rather than on the Spirit, and the essence was lost. In this past century, it was again revealed to the world that there is a Power always present and available ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Names are Written in Heaven.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1958, THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER The Fruits of the Spirit SETTING aside a special day or days to give thanks for blessings received is not a practice limited to the United States alone. Many years before the Pilgrims came to this country, old England celebrated the gathering in of the harvest in the fall of the year. Even the ancients practiced this rite. As long as there has been recorded history, it has been the custom to observe a festival of thanksgiving in gratitude for the harvest which has been reaped. While students of spiritual wisdom do not confine the giving of thanks to a single day of the year, but let every day be a day of thanksgiving; nevertheless, it is not inappropriate at this season to consider the kind of harvest you, as a student of the spiritual way of life, are garnering into your spiritual storehouse. This will not be measured in terms of outward good, although that may well be one evidence of spiritual fruitage. If your harvest has been scant, engage in a little soul-searching introspection to see wherein you have failed; if abundant, rejoice in the greater awareness of the Presence which has made this possible. Always evaluate your progress in terms of spiritual fruitage: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22, 23 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit . . . Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit . . . John 15:4, 5, 8 There is no way to taste of the fruit of the Spirit except through the word of God, the word of God which in the midst of you is mighty. If you abide in the Word and let the Word abide in you, you will bear fruit richly. But the word of God is not something that you can read in a book; the word ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Christ Raised from the Tomb
- Christ Raised from the Tomb The Hebrews of old foresaw the coming of the Messiah, but because they believed that the Messiah would be some kind of great king or general, someone who could lead them to victory over Caesar or perhaps even over their own Sanhedrin, a man who would turn the evil conditions of their day into good conditions, they were unable to accept the gentle Master. Instead of understanding that "My kingdom" is not of this world, they accepted the God of the Forty- seventh Psalm: O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. From the time of the Hebrews under Pharaoh unto this very day, the same prayer has gone up, the same psalms have been sung, and the same hope expressed that God will subdue nations, remove tyrants, and overcome the armies of the aliens. Should not thousands of years of such praying have proved that God has done none of these things up to now, and that there is no likelihood of His doing them at any future date? In the Forty-sixth Psalm there is an indication that the nature of God has been misunderstood, and that that is one reason peace on earth and good will to men have not been experienced. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Come, behold the works of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Christ Raised from the Tomb.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:17- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 12, Spiritual Freedom
- ~ 12 ~ SPIRITUAL FREEDOM THE SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIFE leads to spiritual freedom, which is a quality or condition of being that comes as the result of the attainment of Truth Itself. In the material sense of life, the world is in bondage-in bondage to hundreds of different thoughts and things. There is no denying this, although metaphysicians are very likely to claim that there is no bondage in God. That, of course, is true. There is no bondage in God, but it is also true that if you were living in God, you would not find it necessary to read a book on this subject. It is only because you and I have not yet reached the life which is God that we are interested in the way to achieve it. The term "way" has a long and interesting history. Jesus said, "I am the way." 1 Lao-Tzu's teaching six hundred years before the time of Jesus was called "The Way." The way refers to that spiritual path that gives us freedom, but the very use of the word freedom implies a freedom from some form of bondage. In reality, there is no freedom in Spirit or Soul because there is nothing to be free of: There is only divine Being. It is not easy for anyone to understand or even to explain the subject of spiritual freedom. In fact, it might be possible to grasp the Einstein theory more easily because this requires the developing of the human mind to the degree of grasping and understanding higher mathematics. No one, however, can ever develop his thinking human mind or intellect to the point where he will be able to understand Spirit and spiritual activity. There is a Power greater than any of the powers with which we are familiar in the human sense of life, a Power that we can never see, never hear, taste, touch or smell. It is a Power that we can discern only with our spiritual senses, and if we cannot be lifted up to the point of spiritual discernment, we shall never know the meaning of spiritual freedom. We are, therefore, touching this subject from the standpoint of opening our consciousness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, Spiritual Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 1, The Dedicated Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ THE DEDICATED CONSCIOUSNESS There are two kinds of people on earth: the illumined and the unillumined, or to put it another way, the living and the walking dead. The living are drawing forth life from the Source and at least in a measure have dedicated themselves to some purpose. The walking dead are living an animal form of life, not drawing forth life or inspiration from anything but what can be found in the air or food. No one really lives, however, until he has found something greater than himself, something to which he permits his life to be dedicated. If this is true, why are there not more persons of dedicated consciousness? Because dedication comes as the grace of God. No one can seek it. He may desire it, but that is as far as he can go. No one can strive or struggle for it because it is not won that way. It comes as Grace, and that Grace comes when something of a spiritual nature is introduced into the consciousness of an individual. He must learn how to open his consciousness to the inflow of the Spirit and make it a matter of praying without ceasing, not just a period in the morning before starting out to work, but one of continuous dedication to a spiritual purpose. At some time in our experience, it is necessary to make a choice as to whether or not the spiritual goal is worth striving for. If we decide it is worthwhile, we will make some effort toward that consecration. But our effort will lead us to the point where we recognize the futility of our own efforts and realize that unless we have been dedicated by God, all our self-dedication will come to a very quick end. We have to make the decision to practice principles of spiritual living and to remember them consciously. Then, as time goes on, this practice provides the preparation for the entrance of God into our consciousness. OPENING CONSCIOUSNESS TO GOD'S DEDICATION In our spiritual ignorance, we did not know that from the beginning the spiritual Presence has been standing at the door of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Dedicated Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 10, The Consciousness of Truth Is the Healer
- ~ 10 ~ THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF TRUTH IS THE HEALER If all the people on earth could be brought to a spiritual experience, they probably would not care too much if they were healthy or sick, wealthy or poor. The Experience itself is enough without these added human things. The healing ministry is important, however, because when a person has experienced a spiritual healing it sets up a longing to go further than just being healed. It brings out in him a desire to know God, to live the spiritual life, and then in turn to be able to help others. There never has been and never will be a teaching that will enable anyone to heal. The letter of truth alone will never heal or reform anybody, but the letter of truth will provide a person with principles which, as they are incorporated into his consciousness, enable him to release himself from material sense and evolve into spiritual consciousness. It is spiritual consciousness that heals, the spiritual consciousness with which some few mystics have come into the world. Spiritual healing is accomplished through either the natural or developed spiritual consciousness of a person, and that spiritual consciousness is yours and mine when we no longer turn to God for healing or believe that there is a God withholding healing, a God who will do today what He was not doing yesterday. The degree of help you will be able to give anyone is dependent upon the truth that is embodied in your contemplative meditation or treatment which becomes realized consciousness, the very substance and essence of the healing. A person who has been active in the healing ministry for several years should be doing effective healing work. By the time he has worked with these principles day after day, and night after night, his whole consciousness becomes so imbued with truth that there is little of humanhood left. The practitioner who has worked with enough different types of cases comes to realize that the words he has used in his meditations or treatments ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ness of Truth Is the Healer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 5, Evolving States of Consciousness
- ~ 5 ~ EVOLVING STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS There is an invisible substance or essence called Consciousness, which can be experienced, but never defined or analyzed. It has a meaning beyond that found in any dictionary, a meaning that we can comprehend only through our spiritual awareness or powers of discernment. Consciousness is not only eternal and omnipresent but It is our individual consciousness or awareness, the substance, cause, and law of individual being. That Consciousness is so infinite that It fills all space, not merely on earth, beneath the earth, and in heaven, but It is the consciousness of the entire universe, from everlasting to everlasting, without beginning and without end: unconditioned, eternal, immortal Being. This unconditioned Consciousness functioned in Its fullness in the beginning. We were the expression of that functioning, and our experience was wholly pure, immortal, and eternal. There was no sin in it, no disease, no death, no lack, and no limitation. It was a pure state of spiritual being. At some time in the history of mankind, man lost his divine heritage, that is, he became unaware of it. It is described in Scripture as the Adamic experience. Adam and Eve, symbolic figures, represent the human race which accepted a belief in two powers, a power of good and a power of evil, and by accepting that belief they were driven out of the Garden of Eden and became separated from their Source, God-consciousness. That is the belief, but nothing really can separate anyone from infinite divine harmony. As a result of the sense of separation that sprang up, symbolized by Adam and Eve being cast out of the Garden of Eden, we find a mortal concept being entertained in the form of two sons. These two sons were the mortal concepts of the human race-one good and one evil. With that concept, the human race went deep down into degradation, into the lowest form of human life, even cannibalism in some places, with murder a natural accompaniment of this low ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing States of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 3, Practicing the Presence
- ~ 3 ~ PRACTICING THE PRESENCE THERE COULD NOT BE THE PRESENCE OF GOD and the absence of any quality of God. And that brings me right up to a couple of notes I made for today: To begin with, how many are familiar with the term "mortal mind"? Wouldn't this be a wonderful day to begin to give up the use of that term, to drop that term from your vocabulary? It has served its purpose and has had its day. Actually, there is no such thing as mortal mind since there is only one mind and that mind is God. At best, then, this thing that has been called mortal mind is not an opposite of divine mind, because divine mind, being infinite, could not have an opposite, and so this so-called mortal mind could be only suppositional. I have said to you that when you are in meditation try to give your words a specific meaning of your own. There is nothing more harmful than the use of quotations as such, because they become hypnotic in their action and will result in no benefit to you at all. Take, "I live, yet not I, the Christ liveth in me." 1 Now to begin with, this sounds beautiful; but actually, if you have not come to some conclusion as to what the Christ is, how do you know what it is that is living in you? Especially if you have not come to some understanding of that word, "Christ"? Christ does not mean what the orthodox church means: a man who lived two thousand years ago. Christ means the spirit of God that is in man; the spirit that animated Christ Jesus; the spirit that animates you. The word Christ may not mean a thing in your life, and may even set you back to some theological belief. And so it would not be wise for you to even use the word Christ unless you, yourself, had arrived at some meaning of it that made it a living presence to you! It so happens that the term "the Christ" registered very deeply with me right away. Something struck deep within me-I do not know why-and from that day to this it has been the guiding force in my life. Why? Because I do not associate it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 3, Practicing the Presence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 1, Invisible Selfhood
- In other words, I, even as Jesus or even as Joel, am linked up with the invisible Selfhood so that the Selfhood of me is the Allness of me, and it is It which doeth the works. However, it is not an It out there, not an It up there; it is an It that is my very being. Therefore to come into the completeness, into the fulfillment, of the Christ experience is to know the nature of God aright-to know that you are not dealing with a figure that you have to beg from, plead with, worship, and fear; not one that you have to be afraid of, that you have to sacrifice to or for. Know this Truth: that you are dealing with Life itself, always in expression. You are dealing with pure Life, a Life-being that is too pure to hold you responsible for even the sins of omission or commission. Therefore release yourself from these complexes and realize that in the instant that you understand God as your true Being, you begin to purify your own consciousness so that the state of consciousness that enables you to do wrong no longer exists. In that there is the forgiveness, and only in that. While we have the capacity to repeat our sins, we are in the position the Master spoke of when He said, "Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." He recognized that even though He lifted up the sinner to a certain extent, they still had the capacity to go and sin again. They had not completely received the Mind that was in Christ Jesus, and that was a task that each individual had to do themselves. Any spiritual practitioner or teacher can forgive you your sins and release you from the penalty, but it only lasts a short time, because you still have the capacity to return to that same state of consciousness and to perform the same actions, or thoughts, or deeds. Dwell in this conscious realization of an indwelling Presence: "I can do all things through Christ"; "I can do all things through Christ which dwelleth in me. I can do all things through the indwelling Spirit." If it so be the Spirit ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Invisible Selfhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 6, Pray Without Ceasing
- ~ 6 ~ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING EVERY HUMAN BEING is born under the law, not under Grace, but under the law of matter, the law of mind, the law of human happenstance, the law of accident, chance, and change. Parents do not know what kind of a child they may bring forth, and no one can guarantee that any newborn child will be perfect. No parents, regardless of how much love they give their child, can be certain that he will reach manhood or that he will be a person of morals and integrity. Why? Because in their hearts they believe that everything depends on chance, luck, circumstances, or conditions. Who knows when an accident will take place? Who knows when a bomb will be dropped, a call come to go to war; and death, accident, or insanity follow? Who knows? This is the story of humanhood and this is the story of the human race. Because of our spiritual sonship, however, we can make the transition from being under the law to being under the Christ. Life then is no longer lived under the law of matter or mind: life is then lived under the Christian rule of Grace. Can you understand what it would mean to go through life under a Grace that would feed, clothe, and house you, that would prevent illness and accidents, and if they occurred, immediately heal them? How would it be to go through life, knowing that you no longer needed to take thought for your life and that you were living under a Grace that could bring forth for you the heritage of heaven? Can you for a moment imagine living in the spiritual kingdom under My peace in which you would live "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit"? 1 Can you conceive of life lived with a divine Presence going before you to make straight the way and to prepare mansions for you? That is the life the Master proclaimed and taught, and the life he promised to those who follow his teachings. Such a life is possible, but how can the transition be made? From the very beginning of modern metaphysics, over a hundred years ago, there have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Pray Without Ceasing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 126K
Find Similar Documents