Consciousness Transformed: March 10, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 2
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 2 March 10, 1963 Halekulani Hotel FIRST OF ALL, OF COURSE, is to find some way to express gratefulness for these two days of celebration we have had, two days of feast together. It is difficult to find words to express gratitude for the spiritual feast that underlies the external feast. In The Infinite Way we have watched experiences like this, in beautiful expressions of gratitude and love, shown not only to us but to those who have come here from the mainland, England, Australia. When we have been in London and the continent of Europe, we have witnessed the same gratitude, not only to us, but to the students who have traveled to England and the Continent. Therefore, what I am trying to say or to express is that not only is the gratitude expressed to us, but this same gratitude and love is shown to anyone, anywhere, who comes into The Infinite Way atmosphere. Just what you are expressing to us and to these visitors from overseas, The Infinite Way students overseas express to us and to those who come from far places. Behind these outer expressions of love and gratitude and sharing is the relationship that exists between us as Infinite Way students. The relationship that exists between us-this is the heart and the core. There are no human ties between us. We belong to nothing and we belong to no one. In The Infinite Way nobody is greater than anyone else, because everyone in this work has problems at times. No one of us has risen to become a God. Therefore, there is no one of us who could set ourselves above others, for none of us have fully attained. However, whatever our level of spiritual attainment is, it has for its basis our relationship with each other. What is the basis of our relationship? The answer is, our relationship with God. Our conscious oneness with God makes us one with each other. As I have told you before, for about fifteen years I was the only Infinite Way student in the world. Now what has drawn to me on a worldwide basis ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 2.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 6, Lifting of Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ LIFTING OF CONSCIOUSNESS The knowledge of the letter of this message, alone, is valueless. The real value lies in spiritual realization, accompanied by healing. "By their fruits ye shall know them." 1 To be able to memorize and talk about the Infinite Way, and yet not to be able to perform a reasonable degree of healing work, serves little purpose. There is already too much writing and printing of books, and, according to Scripture, too much talking about truth. Those who carry on this work must be those who have some measure of realization, who are not afraid when called upon to give help, and who can bring out healings. The world does not need any more teaching: It does need more healing. Ours is, and will continue to be, a healing ministry, as long as those who are carrying on this ministry have caught enough realization of truth to do healing work. Some day people may read the Infinite Way books, and talk or preach about them, and then reply, when asked about healing, "Oh, that happened in Joel Goldsmith's own time, when he was still around." That is what we want to avoid. We want each one to catch the spiritual vision, and to go forth and do likewise. There is enough spiritual reading in your Bible so that no words of mine are necessary. The Gospel according to John is enough. No other book is really necessary. If you could catch the spiritual vision of that book, you would need no metaphysical books. It is the most spiritual writing known to man. There is enough truth in it for all the healing ministries that will ever be called forth by human need. But the writings of today, because they are in our language and of our day, clarify those older writings. For that reason, our study and practice are made easier if we utilize the more recent interpretations. When I say that only those should become active in this work, who are willing to be called upon for healing, I mean that we want to be doers; we do not want simply another generation of preachers. No ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, Lifting of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 4, Overcoming Our Sense of Separation from God
- ... It has no more power to discriminate saint from sinner than the law of gravity can discriminate a one-dollar object from a thousand-dollar object. However, one cannot violate the law of God without producing discords-not because God withholds His Grace or because He is punishing the sinner, but because by violating the law of God we withhold ourselves from Grace. "Though your sins be scarlet, you are white as snow." The Master said to the thief on the cross, "I will take you into Paradise with me tonight." That was not a very long punishment for the crime, was it? Mary Magdalene's sins were forgiven as soon as she repented and indicated that her sins were behind her. Throughout the New Testament you will not find that Jesus ever held anyone in bondage for sinning. "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." Worse things befall you, not through God's punishing you, but because you reap what you sow. If you condemn yourself for a past fault-a sin of omission or commission- and believe that you are being punished for it, realize that the nature of God is Love and Forgiveness. God's memory of your sins is short. You are the only one bringing your past offenses to your consciousness. You cannot live yesterday. There are no yesterdays in your experience except the yesterdays you carry over in your memory. God is not doing it. You are. God Cannot Be Deceived Always remember that the Spirit is closer to you than breathing. You can't deceive It because It is your self, It is your intelligence, It is your wisdom, It is the very guiding instinct of your being. Therefore, you cannot steal something and think God will not see you. God is right at the center of your being, and the moment you violate a spiritual principle, you are out of tune with It. Acknowledge the Presence of God Many people near death or suffering from disease believe that in some way they have become separated from God. Then they struggle and strive to find God. That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ense of Separation from God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Ten, The Government Is on His Shoulders
- CHAPTER TEN THE GOVERNMENT IS ON HIS SHOULDERS Once again the world is in one of its periodic crises-one of the many hundreds that have occurred at intervals throughout history. If you are any student at all of world affairs, even to the extent of just reading the front pages of the newspapers or hearing news broadcasts, you must be aware of the fact that there are at least a half dozen major problems facing the world, any one of which could result in the end of this particular civilization and for which no one has offered any kind of solution. We are facing world conditions that are insurmountable humanly. They are not really insurmountable, however, because there are no problems that ever can arise that cannot be settled; and when I say settled, I do not mean settled on the basis of expediency or compromise, but settled advantageously for all concerned. An analogy can be drawn between periods in world history and periods in our individual experience. For example, sometimes there are physical disorders that can be healed easily and inexpensively through medical aid, and as long as our physical ills are on that level, there is nothing much for us to worry about. A few cents' worth of aspirin here or a few cents' worth of bicarbonate of soda there or a few dollars' worth of surgery, and we are all right. It is only when the doctor tells us that we have an incurable disease that we feel we are up against a humanly insurmountable problem, and then it is that many people are driven to find a spiritual solution. So it is in world affairs. As long as the world was going along in what may be called "the good old days," there were very few problems for which a solution could not be found because they were usually localized in some particular area. But the solution to these problems was only a superficial one, and the basic issues were never completely resolved. When, however, these tensions and conflicts became world-wide in scope and a spark in one part of the globe ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ernment Is on His Shoulders.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1959, Spiritual Power in Human Affairs
- ... It is for this reason that, even though two thousand years have elapsed since prayer and an approach to the one true God were properly taught, man still finds himself in the position of witnessing, in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War, men gathering together in churches to pray to God for the success of their side, to pray to God to kill all their enemies but not their own boys; men sending chaplains to war to pray for their side that they may be uninjured, not sick and not dead, while they send their own sons to wipe out the enemy, an enemy who has ministers of the same churches praying for this very same thing. This may not seem incongruous to you, but if you could look out with spiritual eyes at the lamentable sight of one man praying for the destruction of another, you would humbly sink to your knees, begging forgiveness that you might ever have been guilty of asking God to give you protection at the expense of a fellow being. Prayer today is about on the same level, on ... Scripture states specifically that if you go to the altar to pray and there remember that any man has aught against you, get up and leave the altar, first make peace with your fellow man, and then return to the altar and pray. Then you will find that your prayers are fulfilled. How do we make this peace? We cannot walk around the world extending our hands to the people in the north, south, east, or west, who at the moment may be our enemies, but we can get up from the altar and go into a quiet spot in our own home and there pray the prayer of forgiveness: Father, forgive them; they do not know what they do. Father, open the eyes and the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind, whether on our side of the border or on the other, whether on our side of the color line or on the other. Open the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind to Thy presence and to Thy grace. Then go back to the altar and see how effective prayer can be. At sixteen and a half years of age, it was my good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tual Power in Human Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 12, Opening Consciousness to Truth
- ~ 12 ~ OPENING CONSCIOUSNESS TO TRUTH Spiritual healing is a conscious work and cannot be accomplished by sitting around blissfully saying, "Well, let God do it." True, there does come a time when you can legitimately use that expression, but if you were to say it during the early stages of your unfoldment, you would probably be thinking of a God separate and apart from your own being, something outside of you that could do something for you. Such an attitude might cause you to lose your way on the spiritual path through a blind faith. In healing work, open your consciousness and take the attitude of Samuel, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth." 1 "Be still, and know that I am God" 2 - know that the I is pouring Itself forth as individual you. You can visualize this by once again recalling the illustration of Niagara Falls and Lake Erie. Let us suppose that you are Niagara Falls and, in and of yourself, you are continuously using up yourself so that ultimately there is nothing left. But if you were to realize that behind Niagara Falls there is Lake Erie, and as a matter of fact, actually there is no Niagara Falls-Niagara Falls is only a name given to Lake Erie at one corner of it where it flows over a precipice-there would be no sense of limitation or depletion. So it is with us. We call ourselves man, but actually we are not: We are that place where God is forever pouring Himself forth as individual you and me. There is really no place where God ends and man begins. That which is visible of us is God-we are God become visible. We are that point where God comes to a focus in an individual, yet infinite manner. There is no place where man and God can be separated and where you can say that here is man and there is God, any more than you can say that up to a certain point there is a Lake Erie and from that point on there is a Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls and Lake Erie are not two but one, and all that Lake Erie is, Niagara is; all that Lake Erie has, Niagara has; ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ning Consciousness to Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 8, The Principle
- ~ 8 ~ THE PRINCIPLE Some of you are becoming aware of the fact that a principle of spiritual living and spiritual healing, different from any of the approaches that have been given to you before, is being presented to you. That does not mean that the principle involved is something new. There is nothing new about it; it is the principle revealed by Jesus Christ, as set forth particularly in the Gospel of John. In this principle, it becomes clear to us that we do not judge the spiritual world by looking out upon the human world. Rather, we come into an awareness of what the spiritual world is, through looking out from God. "My kingdom is not of this world." 1 There is no way to judge the spiritual kingdom by looking at the appearance. When Jesus spoke of "the meat to eat that ye know not of," 2 and of the living water, we know that he was showing forth an inner principle; one which those of the world know not, for "having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not?" 3 Yet this is the principle which is capable of feeding, protecting, sustaining, and maintaining us. In this approach to spiritual living and demonstration, we stay with the word God whenever we are called upon for help. We forget, immediately, the name, the body, and the disease of the so-called patient and jump at once to the word God and then go on from there. When we turn to the word God, we say, "What is God?" The answer may come back, "God is life eternal. God is Spirit, therefore incorporeal, and without material embodiment. God is Soul. God is law." The moment that we begin to catch a slight vision of what God is, we go out from there and realize: All that God is, I am. Therefore, am I not as incorporeal-as un-material-as God? I am as immortal and as eternal in my present embodiment as God is, since God does not cast off any embodiment or body. If you stay in that line of consciousness, how can you accept any teaching which believes that there is a body left behind to be buried, while it- ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g_ Chapter 8, The Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 8, The Way To Fulfillment: Right Identification
- ~ 8 ~ THE WAY TO FULFILLMENT: RIGHT IDENTIFICATION ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH, the revelation and realization of right identity is of the greatest significance because it is through a realization of this principle that the entire world will eventually enter a new era of living. Very few during their human span ever come to know their true identity or the identity of their friends and relatives. They are always living in a world of illusion like characters on a stage. Long ago Shakespeare wrote, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players." Our humanhood is a masquerade, and we are hiding behind our mask. Not only are we hiding from ourselves, but when we look at others, the mask they are wearing called personality is what we are seeing. We are judging them by what we see instead of realizing that behind the mask of personality and stage costumes is the real Self, or real identity, of the individual. As we persist in judging one another by what we appear to be, we are all taking part in a great masquerade, looking on one as Romeo and another as Juliet, one as Hamlet and one as Satan, never noticing that behind the masquerade, there is an immortal being who was never born and will never die and who is an individual manifestation of the Divine. As long as life is lived through the mind and the body, it will be impossible to live the life of our real identity and share the joyous experience of communion with one another that comes once we have gone beyond the body and the mind of a person and reached the realm of his Soul. Man is made up of three parts: Soul, mind, and body. The mind as a factor in healing has always been recognized by metaphysicians who have discovered that if they can bring the mind into some measure of wholeness, completeness, and peace, the health of the body automatically follows. But a higher factor, the Soul, must be taken into consideration because it is in the Soul that harmony is revealed and then established in the mind and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lment_ Right Identification.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 92K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 5, Judge Not According to the Appearance
- Chapter Five Judge Not According to the Appearance God is the creative principle of the universe. But could there be a God without a universe to which He could be a principle or a law? God is not an unexpressed God. God and Its infinite individuality exist and express simultaneously and instantaneously. I know of no other words to use to bring out the truth that I cannot exist except as I express. Take away expression and what do you have as I? Nothing. Has there ever been a time when there was a principle of mathematics but no 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Did the principle of mathematics suddenly decide to appear as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Or are the principles of mathematics and its number values simultaneous and instantaneous? Is there a principle of music without do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do or its equivalent in tone? Could there be a principle of music without musical values? If your answer is "Yes," there must have been a principle of music without anything to which it could be a principle. The principle of music is what sustains do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do in their natural values, just as the principle of mathematics sustains to eternity the values of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. But what would the principle of mathematics or music do without numbers and notes? Consciousness Is Conscious Of There is much misleading teaching today on the point that you and I do not exist, that only God exists. How could that possibly be true? Behind what I am saying is the consciousness that exists as the consciousness of that which exists. Consciousness does not exist as a blank. Consciousness exists conscious of. It could not be consciousness unless it were conscious of. This may sound like an intellectual analysis, but behind it is an intuitive knowledge that there is no awareness without something of which to be aware. Just as mathematics has its numbers and music its notes, so this principle of Life, which is also the principle of mathematics and music, has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...According to the Appearance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents