The World Is New: Chapter 12, Spiritual Freedom
- ~ 12 ~ SPIRITUAL FREEDOM THE SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIFE leads to spiritual freedom, which is a quality or condition of being that comes as the result of the attainment of Truth Itself. In the material sense of life, the world is in bondage-in bondage to hundreds of different thoughts and things. There is no denying this, although metaphysicians are very likely to claim that there is no bondage in God. That, of course, is true. There is no bondage in God, but it is also true that if you were living in God, you would not find it necessary to read a book on this subject. It is only because you and I have not yet reached the life which is God that we are interested in the way to achieve it. The term "way" has a long and interesting history. Jesus said, "I am the way." 1 Lao-Tzu's teaching six hundred years before the time of Jesus was called "The Way." The way refers to that spiritual path that gives us freedom, but the very use of the word freedom implies a freedom from some form of bondage. In reality, there is no freedom in Spirit or Soul because there is nothing to be free of: There is only divine Being. It is not easy for anyone to understand or even to explain the subject of spiritual freedom. In fact, it might be possible to grasp the Einstein theory more easily because this requires the developing of the human mind to the degree of grasping and understanding higher mathematics. No one, however, can ever develop his thinking human mind or intellect to the point where he will be able to understand Spirit and spiritual activity. There is a Power greater than any of the powers with which we are familiar in the human sense of life, a Power that we can never see, never hear, taste, touch or smell. It is a Power that we can discern only with our spiritual senses, and if we cannot be lifted up to the point of spiritual discernment, we shall never know the meaning of spiritual freedom. We are, therefore, touching this subject from the standpoint of opening our consciousness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, Spiritual Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Seven Steps
- The Seven Steps THERE ARE SEVEN foundational steps necesssary to the understanding of spiritual existence, and it is helpful to try to understand the Truth in the following statements: 1. "Call no man your father upon the earth; for one is your Father, which is in heaven." When we catch even a small glimpse of this Truth, we start to see the meaning of preexistence and we can understand why it is that man was never born, and in fact that there never was a creation, but that all that is, is unfoldment within the Universal Consciousness, which is your individual consciousness. 2. "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof." By recognizing that everything that is, is a part of the Universal, is a possession of the Universal, and that everything that is in and of the Universal is forever expressing itself through the individual, we give up our sense of personal possession and start to draw from the Universal. 3. "The glory which I had with Thee before the world was" is still mine. Here we recognize that there is no power apart from God, and therefore nothing has ever happened to separate us from the glory, power, dominion, purity, and spirituality that was ours in the beginning. In one step we wipe out the belief of material consciousness. 4. "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." Now we are recognizing that Christ or the Word is greater than any condition or circumstance that may arise in the manifest world. 5. "I and my Father are one." That is, my consciousness is the divine, infinite, eternal, Universal Consciousness individually expressed. Life is life, Mind is mind. 6. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." Only the consciousness that can see itself sinless, pure and perfect can see the harmony and wholeness of his neighbor, and under no circumstance must there be condemnation of self or another, because the Christ-Self, which is the only Self, must be seen as here and now. 7. " My grace is sufficient for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Goldsmith_ The Seven Steps.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 11, Lifting Up The I
- 11) Lifting Up the I There is no one mode, means, method, or system which can correctly be called metaphysical or spiritual healing. In fact, there are as many different approaches to spiritual healing as there are in materia medica with its allopathy, homeopathy, osteopathy, chiropractic, and naprapathy, all different forms of materia medica. In the world of metaphysical and spiritual healing, there are the evangelists who, by the grace of God, have received some special state of consciousness through which they heal without knowing how, why, or wherefore. For the most part, they do not have the slightest idea of any principle involved in healing: they only know that healings do take place, sometimes through the spoken word and sometimes through the laying on of hands. Apparently, it is something that is just a part of their being, something that has come to them at a particular period in their life, and something over which they have no control. Then there are those approaches to healing which employ mental means and, by suggestion, attempt to change a diseased or evil condition into a good one. There are also methods which attempt to combine the mental and the spiritual. A person who has had any experience with other forms of metaphysical or spiritual healing and decides to practice healing through Infinite Way healing principles may have to unlearn most of what he has previously known in order to grasp these principles, and if he encounters difficulty on the way it is probably because he has not yet unlearned enough. AN UNDERSTANDING OF IMMORTALITY, BASIC TO HEALING The Infinite Way begins with an infinite, ever present, omnipotent God. Its premise is that there is no imperfection in any part of God or of God's creation, none whatsoever! God is perfect being, and so, therefore, is God's creation. No one was ever born, and no one will ever die; no one ever had a beginning, and no one will ever have an ending. One way to understand the continuity of life is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Lifting Up The I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 157K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 6, Be a Beholder
- ~ 6 ~ BE A BEHOLDER BE A BEHOLDER! BE A WITNESS! Whenever I meet Allen Boone for luncheon and ask him how he is, he tells me, "I am alive, and that counts ninety-nine percent." And I can see that everyone here is alive and, after a whole week of this, I think that is ninety-nine percent! The other one percent you will get resting over the week-end. It must be clear to you, after all of this week's work, that the principal point of what I talk and write about is that what appears to us as error in any form is really not error at all; that there is neither a sin nor a disease that has to be overcome; it exists only as an illusory experience, a mental belief. If we were dealing with disease as a reality, as something which is cause and has an effect, we would have to know a lot more than we do about the body and the things that cause bodily ills; but because we do not handle our healing work from that standpoint, it must be clear that if we are having any results at all, it must be because sin, disease or error do not exist as a reality that must have something done to it. The more clearly you can perceive the unreal nature of any form of error, the closer you will come to being free of it soon and to attaining a spiritual consciousness which is the most important point of all. This healing work which we are doing in this age and at this period of our unfoldment is not really the most important reason we have come to earth. We have not been born into this world just to do healing work, any more than Jesus came to earth to cure people's ills or raise them from the dead. The chances are that Lazarus, even though raised from the dead, passed on sometime later and only a change in the date on the tombstone was involved. And you, too, will find that so far as the actual healing was concerned, all that happened was a change of date on your own tombstone. It was in 1928 that I lost all desire for the things of the earth in the sense of their having or making any demands upon ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 6, Be a Beholder.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: From Law to Grace
- FROM LAW TO GRACE "EXCEPT the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it." That which you receive through spiritual sense comes as the grace of God, and only this is important. Always, you must remind yourself of this because it is impossible to learn spiritual reality. The mind is not capable of digesting spiritual truth. Regardless of the words you hear or the statements you read, they are less than nothing in your experience until there is a realization within of the Truth of which the words can only speak. Literal interpretation of Scripture has created a God in a place called heaven, often pictured as if above the clouds over us; and likewise a God within some favored Son, such as Krishna and Jesus. This has brought about the belief of separation between God and you, making the sense of duality which is responsible for every sin, disease and discord on earth. "I AM THAT I AM," reveals Moses. "I and my Father are one" - "he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me," teaches Jesus. "I am that," insists the Advaita of India. The consciousness of the oneness of God and you, which we now interpret as God appearing as you, restores the lost truth of all Scripture, reestablishes health, harmony, completeness and thereby ends discord and limitation. Exalting any of the historical characters of the world Bibles prevents the recognition of the Christ Being which you are. Looking outside yourself for the source of grace, you lose the real presence within. There must, however, be a right appreciation of those men and women who attained so great a measure of Christhood as to become revelators of the truth of our being. These have all made great sacrifices of personal existence to reveal and teach the great Truth that I AM. There must be gratitude felt in the heart, not merely expressed as lip-service, for the modern Teachers and Practitioners who have renounced personal life for the ministry of Truth. There must be a recognition of the sources and avenues of good; ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Healing
- ... Let your freedom from the need of these be in your inner realization. Never boast or brag of your freedom from material means - that would be a sure sign you haven't the realization. Let your assurance of permanent Grace be an inner conviction which is outwardly felt by those with whom you come in contact. Never voice it except in the closed closet with a student who is on the brink of discovery. It is wiser to live your revelation than to speak it. Jesus walked on the water, but he did not advocate it as a general practice; he fed the multitudes, but he knew that we would have to grow to the stature of Christ before we could accomplish it, and therefore, he did not reproach those who worked for their daily bread. Live your demonstrated spiritual consciousness and let your living preach it. Do not take your patients or students a step further than they can see at the moment. If they try to walk on the water too soon, be alert - be present to raise them. Always stand by with love, forbearance and forgiveness. Life becomes an adventure when we realize the presence of the Christ. No longer is there concern or anxiety for some person "out there" or for some circumstance or condition. Life is now lived one moment at a time and that moment is now and that moment is God's moment. If your life is not an adventure now; if you are not living in a joyous expectancy, a confident assurance, then there is still a concern for some one or something "out there" instead of a relaxing in the consciousness that all Life is self-sustained. You are not necessary to anyone's demonstration of life or security. Your consciousness of this truth would help to set free any whom you may be holding in bondage to the belief of human dependency. When one avenue of supply closes, another opens to fill this moment with God's fullness - as long as one abides in the consciousness of the Presence. The world becomes your playground when you lose fear and concern in the recognition of the presence of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:18- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 14, 1963, There Is Only One God Consciousness
- ... It is given to all those students who have been with The Infinite Way writings and recordings for enough years that the letter of truth is established within them and they can enter the period of opening their consciousness to the experience. For years you have read that The Infinite Way is not a message, it is an experience, but today you must realize that the time to demonstrate the experience is here for you. This is not so for beginning students; they may have to go through a period of preparation. However, it will not be as long as your period of preparation for this reason: The degree of your attainment lessens the period of their preparing. Each one of you could take that word I and ask yourself: "Is there anything to me except conscious awareness?" In the physical realm you are conscious of your body and you are conscious of the body of others. You are conscious of the body of ocean and the body of stars, and you are aware of the body of edifices. Then you go up higher into the mental realm and find that you are aware of brotherly love, justice, mercy, benevolence, forgiveness, and you are aware of the ideas and ideals. Why not take the next step and realize: "I can be aware of the things of God because there is an area of my consciousness which is the child of God, otherwise I could not unfold it or disclose it." Do not be impatient. The Way is straight and narrow but, knowing there is a part of you that is the child of God, you can afford to be patient. There is an area of divinity incorporated in your consciousness; there is an area of your consciousness which is heaven; there is an area of your consciousness in which an angel dwells. It must be loosed, it must be released, it must ascend. Pay no attention to the mistakes of your humanhood because this will keep you out of the kingdom of heaven. Remember that you are trying to reach your divinity, that which never had humanhood. The Master revealed: "The kingdom of God is within you." 4 The realm of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Only One God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 1, Living by the Word
- Chapter One Living by the Word There comes a certain moment in the experience of every person when a touch of the Spirit breaks through into consciousness, when a ray of light penetrates, not because of him, but in spite of him. From the moment that ray touches him, the end is inevitable: he is going to find his way to the very center of his being, right to the throne of God. For some, the way is long and difficult because of the many facets of humanhood which have been built up and from which we cannot free ourselves. We do not find it easy to let go of many of the qualities which hold us back; and I am not thinking only of the evil qualities. Some of the good ones, too, are positive deterrents to our spiritual progress. As this ray of light continues to penetrate, it pushes us, it leads us, even to the point of stumbling. We have periods of gradual growth toward spiritual consciousness, and then all of a sudden we get a wallop that sets us back about ten degrees, and we have to pick ourselves up and begin all over again. That happens to everybody on this path, who, like most of us, yields reluctantly to the spiritual impulse. There are a few gifted individuals who, before this present experience on earth, have been so wonderfully prepared that their way seems to be much easier than ours. They seem to perceive spiritual light quickly, and their progress appears always to be onward and upward. In that purity of consciousness, the childlike consciousness, which many adults have brought over with them from their previous development, the ascent into spiritual consciousness is a beautiful one, gradual and harmonious, and beset with very few problems, and even those few not of their own making but having to do mostly with their families, friends, and that which they have picked up on the journey. For most people, however, the path is up and down, and usually there comes the realization at the end of a year or two, and possibly at the end of every year or two, "Well, I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Living by the Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 7, Preparation for Spiritual Baptism
- Chapter Seven Preparation for Spiritual Baptism Spiritual grace is an anointing by the Spirit, and our part in receiving this anointing is to prepare for it. Many persons wonder why the blessings of the Spirit do not come to them, or at least why these blessings do not come in greater measure, and yet they do not realize that they themselves are setting up the barriers that prevent it. There is probably one thing that all mystics agree on in their presentation of the revelations of truth that have come to them, and that is that the nature of God is love. That is one outstanding agreement. To receive God is to receive love, but what do we offer as instruments through which to receive love? The answer is that in the degree that we live as human beings, we engage in judgment, criticism, condemnation, and unforgiveness. As human beings, we live out from the old Hebraic eye-for-an-eye-and-tooth-for-a-tooth law, and are quite unable to forgive seventy times seven. In a consciousness of that nature, it is virtually impossible to receive the anointing of the Spirit. We must prepare ourselves for the anointing by a change from within which in scripture has been called the renewing of the mind: "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." 1 When the Master taught such things as loving our neighbor as ourselves, praying for the enemy, forgiving those who persecute us, resisting not evil, he was not actually setting forth a spiritual message. He was preparing human consciousness to receive the anointing of the Spirit because until we bring ourselves to that state of consciousness, to that renewal of our mind, it is not possible to receive the Holy Ghost. The Pure Consciousness Is Free of Judgment One example of the necessity for freedom from judgment as to what is pure and what is not pure can be found in the experience of Peter who in the depth of his great love for Judaism could not bring himself to eat the meat of the pig or to teach the truth of the Christian message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation for Spiritual Baptism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 7, Unconditioned Infinity
- 7) Unconditioned Infinity It is an accepted part of natural normal human living for us to look outside ourselves to others for our good, for those things which we already have embodied within our own being. All of our years on earth, we have thought of ourselves as human beings, finite and limited, limited by our education, environment, or finances; and because we have so thought of ourselves, we have brought forth the demonstration of limitation. If, however, we had known that we are one with the Father, not two, and that all that the Father has is embodied within us, we would then know that what we call our Self is that divine son of God who has been given dominion over all that is, and to whom the Father has given His own allness. Once we begin to realize that our real Self is not a personal limited self, a self limited to our personal sense of good, but rather that our Selfhood, our real being, is God, of which the human personality is but the outer form, or individual expression, then, through meditation, we learn to make contact with our divine Self. From the moment that we have contact with that divine Self, infinity begins to flow forth: immortality and eternality. SELF-CONTAINED BEING Because of our false education, we have accepted our human personality as our real self and have never looked within, but rather have looked outside, putting our faith in "princes": 1 in political preference, influence, or in the accident of birth. With the revelation of our true identity, we realize that the Self of us is God and, therefore, we can reach down into this Withinness and find ourselves one with the Vine, one with our divine Selfhood. The moment that contact is established, it is as if a voice said, "I am with you. I am going before you; I will be your bread, your meat, your wine; I will appear outwardly as your opportunity, as your companionship, as your home, as your safety, and as your security. I will do all things for you." Now we no longer look to parents, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 7, Unconditioned Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 161K
Find Similar Documents