The Joel Goldsmith Reader: The Basis of Spiritual Healing
- The Basis of Spiritual Healing Spiritual healing is brought about through the realization of the Christ in individual consciousness. God, the individual Consciousness of this universe, is the one and only consciousness. However, since God is the consciousness of me and God is the consciousness of you, and because there is only this one consciousness, truth becomes effective in the consciousness of anyone who tunes in to it. Therefore, any truth that reveals itself within our consciousness instantaneously reveals itself to the person appearing as our patient. Sometimes, people who are not associated with us in any way, either as friends, relatives, students, or patients-someone in a hospital or a prison, someone on a desert island, someone who is reaching out for help to his highest concept of God-may be healed even though they do not know us and we do not know them; or even if they do know us, they may not know that we are on this path, and, therefore, would not know why they were healed. There is only one Life, one Consciousness, one Soul; but that One is the consciousness of you and the consciousness of me. That is why we do not have to try to reach anyone. When we are in this conscious oneness, we become so much a part of one another that what one is thinking about Truth, or God, the other is hearing, but no transference of thought is involved and should not be so construed. We are not one in our humanhood: We are one in the Christ, and all that is being imparted is the divine idea flowing in consciousness. For that reason, those who are aware of the principle of one power need never be concerned about suffering from other people's thoughts. All the suffering on earth, regardless of its form or nature, is a product of the universal belief in two powers; and therefore, universal harmony will only be restored when God is revealed as Omnipotence. There is only one mind and that mind is the instrument of the one Spirit, or God. Human thinking, which is the product of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Basis of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 7, Practicing Spiritual Truth
- It must be buried deep in your consciousness and nurtured, fed, tended, cared for, and allowed to take root, to grow, to blossom, and to fulfill itself as fruitage that you can share. Do not look out the next day expecting to see a full-grown, fruit-bearing tree. Keep these gems of Truth locked up within yourself and witness how they develop and expand and come forth as fruitage. The seeds of Truth that we take within our consciousness, live with, and practice over and over are our gratitude to God or to each other, our benevolences, forgiveness of our enemies, and praying for them. When these seeds of Truth come to fruition-when the Truth has been demonstrated within us -then we can begin to share the fruitage. The Truth has become a power to heal, to increase supply, and so forth. We have the example of the Master who kept Truth locked up within Himself until the age of thirty. During that time He did not try to preach or teach or heal. He just pondered these Truths within Himself, ... All- Power is of God, and All-Power is good. Too often we want to share the Truth we have with others when we see them in their distress. We feel that what we have could be so important to them that we rush out and try to share it with them. But when you are so tempted, please remember this principle of secrecy. Remember that you may gain your neighbor's goodwill but you will forfeit Divine Grace. Keep Truth within yourself until it has come to fruitage. Do not give forth the Truth that you know, but give forth only the fruitage: forgiveness, prayers, tithes. The secret is to keep it within you until it is so clearly established in you that you can share it freely and liberally. Practice Truth in Every Activity The trend of one's life can be changed within a year by studying, practicing, and living spiritual Truth. Practitioners can heal us once, twice, three times, even ten times and can feed us both spiritually and physically. But if we ourselves do not rise sufficiently in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Practicing Spiritual Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 96K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 9, I Have
- Chapter Nine I Have In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. John 4:31,32 This passage of scripture has meant much to me, not only in my personal life, but in the unfoldment of the entire message of the Infinite Way. It is one that I share freely with the students because it illustrates an important spiritual principle. When contemplated and eventually understood, this passage is sufficient to lift anyone out of a mortal sense of life into divine consciousness; it is sufficient to change the entire nature of one's life on earth, to transform lack into abundance and sickness into health. To human sense, everyone lacks something, and everyone is aware of that lack. Surprisingly enough, the little bit a person lacks is as nothing compared with what he already has, and yet instead of abiding in the awareness of what he already has, he takes that for granted, magnifying and multiplying what he has not by letting it occupy his thought, attention, and prayers. When he turns from the little that he has and begins to ponder the abundance of what he has, he discovers many miracles of Grace. The first one that pops into his thought is: "I have life. It is really comforting to know that. Life is God, and if I have life, I have God. If I have God, what more could I want?" It has been said that if a person had God and everything else in the world, he would have nothing more than if he had only God. God is infinite; God is all- inclusive; God embodies all there is. When one discovers that he has God, he also discovers that he has no other needs. To have the understanding that God constitutes one's very life brings with it the conviction that he is already eternal and immortal. If a person abides in the truth that he has meat the world knows not of, that he has that water, wine, and bread of life, he soon discovers that he has everything needful for his unfoldment without taking thought for his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...the Word_ Chapter 9, I Have.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 4, Life Unfolding As the Fruitage of Attained Consciousness
- ... Of course, that never was true. That was merely a concept of some writer or teacher, but the Christian era disposed of that and revealed what is now demonstrable, and that is that all your evil karma, all your former wrong thinking or wrongdoing is wiped out in a moment of repentance-not in years of working it out, not in years of suffering, not in years between heaven and hell, and not in years of paying a penalty on earth. No! In my own experience, a moment after the first light, the entire past with its desires and its punishments dropped away. I have witnessed in the years that have followed how many students, in coming to a place of actual repentance for any of their previous wrongs-some of omission, some of commission, some serious, some not so serious-have, in that moment of accepting the spiritual path, wiped out the past, and with their sowing to the Spirit, with their sowing to truth, they have begun very quickly to reap spiritual harmony, spiritual peace, an inner awareness of forgiveness, and an inner awareness of release from the burdens of the human sense of life. I speak not only of sin in terms of what the world calls sin, but also of disease, lack, or limitation, all of which are really sins from the standpoint of spiritual living because they miss the mark of spiritual perfection. Your diseases are as readily wiped out as your sins; your lack and limitation are wiped out as readily as your sins-but only in one way: by sowing to the Spirit, by sowing to truth, by pondering the word of God, by taking the word of God into consciousness, by meditating and contemplating on the word of God. In that moment, you are sowing to the Spirit, you are sowing to truth; and it will not be long before you will be reaping spiritual fruitage, spiritual harmony, spiritual health, spiritual supply, spiritual companionship, and witnessing all these translated into terms of human harmony. Sowing Now Brings Forth Reaping Now This sowing to the Spirit must take place in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e of Attained Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 7, Sin - Its Illusory Nature
- CHAPTER 7 Sin: Its Illusory Nature SIN; WHAT the world calls sin; what the metaphysician calls sin-disease, lack, limitation: these, we are given to understand, have their foundation in a sense of selfhood apart from God, and they have no existence in the Kingdom of God, which is our individual being. Once it has been revealed to us that these so-called conditions exist only as appearances, there is nothing more to be done about the matter. We have done all. So if I say to you, "I don't feel well, give me help," and you immediately come back with all the metaphysical arguments you know, then all you are trying to do is combat, enter into conflict with, or try to overcome, what I have said. Whereas instead, you should go very quietly within your own being, and realize what can be done with an illusion. Then, once you have discovered its illusory nature, what can you do about it? Why should you fear a toy serpent after you have discovered that it's a toy? We can understand right well that I may have a toy serpent and yet I believe that it is a serpent and say, "Give me help." However, you, from the higher standpoint of your wisdom, discern that it is a toy serpent. So what should you do about it? Do nothing. Just give me that assurance, that's all, that all is well. Do not try to combat my statement of error. Do not try to convince me of its error. Do not try to get rid of the serpent, overcome it, or destroy it. Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free. Now the truth about a toy serpent is that it is harmless. The truth about any infection or contagion is that it is harmless. Why, then, try to overcome it? Why argue with it? Agree with thine adversary. So when a call comes for help, since we do know how real a discord appears to the one asking for help, the most compassionate thing we can do, the most loving thing we can do, is to say, "I will help you immediately; I will be with you immediately." Then the patient understands, right well, that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Sin - Its Illusory Nature.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 4, Reality
- ~ 4 ~ REALITY Christian Science understands all evil to be illusion and, necessarily, it declares human good equally without reality. It reveals that physical health is as much a belief as sickness. Likewise, material wealth is but the opposite belief of poverty. In order, then, that we do not vacillate between the beliefs of health and sickness, wealth and poverty, friendship and friendlessness, it becomes necessary that we come into the understanding of spiritual reality. Obviously we cannot measure our progress spiritward in terms of days or years of physical freedom or amount of dollars income. The measure of our progress is determined by the degree of our understanding of spiritual values. The natural result of our spiritual progress is a greater degree of harmony in what appears as our human affairs, but when this harmony is the result of spiritual realization we find no fluctuation and no vacillation. This spiritual, or real state of being, is exemplified in the Scriptures in such passages as, "And there shall be no night there," 1 and the revelation of light appearing although the sun was not yet created: "Let there be light: and there was light." 2 Again in the appearance of crops before the seed is planted. In these passages we find good appearing without dependence on material aid or accompaniment. Job says, "and hangeth the earth upon nothing," 3 again indicating spiritual power dependent on nothing tangible to human sense. Jesus fed the multitudes with a few loaves and fishes, and this so-called miracle has never been explained, nor will it ever be to human sense. That spiritual sense comprehends and can duplicate it we know, because of the frequency with which this is done by the spiritually illumined of all ages. Moses fed the multitudes and provided water; Elijah provided food and healed even death, as did the Master Christian. Every real spiritual healing that takes place today is further proof, if proof were needed, that there is a realm of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 4, Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1957, Resurrection
- CHAPTER FOUR: APRIL Resurrection IT is said in Scripture that the last enemy that shall be overcome is death. The Master, Christ Jesus, proved this statement by raising the dead. "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth . . . wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 1 With such scriptural authority, you should realize that death need be no part of anyone's experience. Acceptance of a process which culminates in passing on is but the acceptance of a universal belief so tenacious that, according to the Master, it is the last enemy that will be overcome. That is probably true. It may take many, many generations before we come to that place in consciousness where we can say with assurance: I need not die. I, my true identity, my God-identity, can raise up this temple every three years, every three days, every three months. I am continuously renewing this body. I, the Christ of God, the reality of man, am forever about the Father's business of sloughing off, rebirthing, renewing, restoring, and resurrecting this vehicle for my expression. That I, the Christ, can never be revealed to mortal or material consciousness, but our realization of the Christ uplifts consciousness, until it is so spiritualized that it can behold the inner vision of eternality and immortality here and now. Let us go back through the years to the resurrection of the Master. Why did only about five hundred people witness the risen Jesus? There were multitudes at the Crucifixion, but only about five hundred witnessed the bodily Resurrection. Why? When Jesus stepped out of the tomb, he walked out of it in the same form in which you and I will walk out of our tombs when, to human sense, we seem to pass on. Not one of us will ever remain in a tomb longer than three days, and most of us will never find ourselves in a tomb. We shall have arisen before the burial takes place. But only those with spiritual vision will be able to witness our resurrection. You will be well on the road to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ April 1957, Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Prayer
- PRAYER "YE ASK, and receive not, because ye ask amiss," says the Apostle James. Have you ever thought of this when you have prayed for some time, and then found no answer to your prayer? "Ye ask amiss." There is the reason. Prayer, when based on the belief that there is a need unfilled or a desire unsatisfied, is never in accord with true scientific prayer. A prayer for God to do something, send something, provide, or heal is equally without power. It is sometimes believed that God requires a channel through which to fulfill our prayer, and this leads us to look outside ourselves for the answer. We may believe that supply can come to us; and, therefore, we watch for the person or position through which it is to come; or we may be depending on a healer or teacher as the channel through which the healing is to come. "Ye ask amiss." Any belief that that which we are seeking is anywhere but within us, within our very own consciousness, is the barrier separating us in belief from our harmony. True prayer is never addressed to a Being outside ourselves, nor does true prayer expect anything from outside our own being. "The kingdom of God is within you," and all good must be sought there. Recognizing God to be the reality of our being, we know that all good is inherent in that Being, your being and mine. God is the substance of our being; and, therefore, we are eternal and harmonious. God is life, and this Life is self-sustained. He is our Soul, and we are pure and immortal. God is the consciousness of the individual, and this constitutes the intelligence of our being. Rightly speaking, there is not God and you, but God is ever manifest as you, and this is the oneness which assures you of infinite good. God is the life, mind, body, and substance of individual being; therefore, nothing can be added to any individual, and true prayer is the constant recognition of this truth. Conscious awareness of our true being - of the infinite nature and character of our only being - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 31, 1963, Growing Day by Day-Attaining the Transcendental Consciousness
- GROWING DAY BY DAY - ATTAINING THE TRANSCENDENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS August 31, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are certain religions and certain religionists who call themselves fundamentalists. They believe that the Bible is the literal truth, that every word in it is a literal truth, perhaps because for so many centuries people have been taught that all or most of the Bible is the Word of God. Therefore, even the most enlightened people are often conditioned in their study of the Bible and thereby lose the way. I have witnessed that this is also true of Infinite Way students, but to a lesser degree. Understanding the Bible is like understanding The Infinite Way. You cannot read the message of The Infinite Way with your mind because it was not written by a mind or through a mind. This entire message is a transcendental message that came through transcendental consciousness. To be understood it must be understood through transcendental consciousness-and this is also true of the Bible. The books of the Bible were not brought into existence by ordinary human beings; these individuals had access to the fourth dimensional consciousness or Christ-consciousness in Christianity, or the Buddha-mind in Buddhism. Both have reference to the same thing-the transcendental consciousness, or illumined consciousness. Therefore, the words never mean what they seem to mean and if you take them literally you will lose the Way. It is for this reason that you have been given certain spiritual principles in The Infinite Way which, if you take them into your ordinary mind and work with them, will develop the transcendental consciousness until one day you can say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see." In other words you will then realize that you are not doing anything. It is doing it. Because of the way in which the Bible was written, it is often said that Scripture is veiled or that those who wrote it hid the meaning. There was not so much an intention to hide the truth as there was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 110K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 5, Treatment as The Consciousness of Truth
- ... We must be willing for it to shine as much in our enemy's yard as in our own. While we are entertaining in thought some sense of enmity or hate, treatment or prayer is void. The Master-Christian taught: Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Matthew 5:23, 24 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Matthew 5:44 Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21, 22 Can you not see that without this quality of forgiveness treatment or prayer is just a waste of time? Consciousness must be a transparency for God, and a transparency for God is universal, impersonal, and impartial. His rain falls alike on the just and the unjust. The teachings of the Master are full of love and forgiveness, with never a trace of judgment or condemnation. Remember, in the case of the man born blind when the disciples asked the Master who did sin, this man, or his parents that he was born blind? Jesus answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 2 And to the adulterous woman, he said, "Neither do I condemn thee." 3 Nowhere in the Christ-consciousness is there a possibility of any hate, envy, jealousy, or malice finding lodgment. A consciousness which entertains any of those traits is not a healing consciousness. The consciousness of a healer must be the consciousness of an individual who entertains no hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. It is easy to determine whether your treatment is going to be effective or whether you can do good healing work. How great a sense of personal hurt do you entertain in the world? I do not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Consciousness of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 114K
Find Similar Documents