The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 12, Realizing the Principles
- ~ 12 ~ REALIZING THE PRINCIPLES Please remember, it is only in the first months or year that living the Infinite Way may seem a bit burdensome and difficult. Be willing, for the sake of its fruitage, to undertake some of the labor that goes with this work in the beginning. In living the Infinite Way you are doing two things all day long: You are doing protective work and you are doing treatment, or healing, work. You are engaged in those two activities throughout the day whether or not anybody asks you for help, and you are always using these three principles-the realization of one power, impersonalization, and nothingizing-as the major part of your work. From the moment you awaken in the morning, you are to do protective work. Now, don't think of protective work as protecting yourself from evil or protecting anybody else from evil. Remember, protective work is the realization that there is no power from which to protect one's self. Protective work is living in the realization that since there is only one power, there are no other powers to do anything or be anything. Any other suggestion is mesmeric influence, mortal mind, the arm of flesh, nothingness. Without protective work, even though you're not consciously thinking of accidents or discords or diseases or sins or temptations, you are permitting yourself to accept unconsciously, or subconsciously, the world's mesmerism, the world's hypnotic suggestions. In other words, this evil touches your life in very much the same way as subliminal perception operates. Something enters your consciousness which you do not see, hear, taste, touch, or smell; it enters in the form of suggestion, or mental imposition. You don't have to see a headline to know there is trouble in the world. You inwardly feel it. But even if you can't sense the trouble, you can tell it if you've awakened with a headache, or you've awakened with a dullness, or you've awakened with a sense of fear. None of this originates in you; none of this is part ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, Realizing the Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 107K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 14, Overcoming Mesmeric Sense
- ~ 14 ~ OVERCOMING MESMERIC SENSE Now I'm going to explain a mystery, and if it shocks some of you don't hesitate to pray about the subject within yourself. Don't go to anyone and ask them to explain it. Certainly don't complain to anybody because I said it; but take it into your own inner sanctuary and ask God for light on this subject. You know there are pilgrimages to Lourdes, and that out of every hundred- thousand people who go there only fifteen are certified as being healed. You know there isn't a day, an hour, that churches, synagogues, and temples aren't open where prayers are uttered for the sick. And you know what would be happening if materia medica weren't right on the job! Haven't you wondered why all of these prayers to God have not healed the sick? Haven't many of you prayed to God for your children or your parents or your wives or husbands, and wondered why you didn't get an answer? Then let it be clear to you now that God knows nothing of disease and therefore has no possible way of healing it. God would first have to know you were sick before God could heal you, and if God knew you were sick and did nothing about it until you prayed, what kind of a God would you have? In other words, humanity experiences a complete separation between God and man "whose breath is in his nostrils." If there weren't such a complete sense of separation between God and humanity, humanity wouldn't be sick, sinning, dying, aging, or decrepit. You can't believe for a moment that if God were on the field such things would be happening in the lives of millions. Do you, any one of you, actually believe that God knew there were seven million Jews being burnt up in ovens? Do you really believe that God knew that? Is there one of you who does not know how sincerely the Hebrew people prayed to their God, how earnest they were in their devotions? But they were burnt up! Do you know that seven hundred thousand Hebrews lived in the city of Amsterdam before the last war and only ten ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Overcoming Mesmeric Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1959, A Lesson To Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, God, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ruary 1959, A Lesson To Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1955, The Comforter
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Comforter "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (I Cor. 3:16.) THE time is approaching when the world will be so filled with the conscious realization of the Presence of God that all evil or error will be dispelled by the very presence of man. The great secret of life is this: God is incarnated in man. God is manifest as man. God is in the midst of you-". . . the place where thou standest is holy ground." There is just as much of God in you, right where you are, as there would be if the heavens could open and God Itself come into you. If this were not true Jesus could not have healed, neither could the disciples nor the apostles, nor the metaphysical and spiritual practitioners of this day. You are divine, because the Spirit of God is manifest as your very being. God has embodied Itself as your Soul, Mind and Spirit. God, in Its essence, is invisible, God, in Its expression, is visible as you and as me. In the days of old the Hebrews thought the Messiah was a man, but the One whom they thought was the Messiah said, "Before Abraham was, I am." Messiah is the Spirit of God in man, and the Hebrews who prophesied the coming of the Messiah were absolutely correct, except that they put it in time and space. The Messiah does not come in time and space: It comes in consciousness. The Christ, or Messiah, is born when you recognize the Presence of the Spirit of God in you. Never is this external: always it is within you, but the effect is external. Love goes before you and is felt by all whom you touch. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you . . . I will send him unto you." The Comforter is your divine state of consciousness; that area of your consciousness which is the Christ, the Spirit of Truth the Savior, the Messiah. All of this is within you, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ May 1955, The Comforter.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1956, Spiritual Illumination - The Way of Harmony
- CHAPTER NINE: SEPTEMBER Spiritual Illumination: The Way of Harmony THERE is one reason for the individual and collective discords of this world- only one reason why anyone is sinful, sick, or poor; only one reason why nations contend and wage war against each other. That reason is material sense- limitation, finiteness, the belief that matter is a reality, and that matter constitutes all there is to the world. Material sense would have us believe we have a physical body that has only so many years to function. Material sense says that the world contains so many square miles of land and so many dollars, and four billion people are struggling to divide it. It is material sense that makes one desire what another possesses, to the extent that men are willing to steal and cheat and even kill to obtain it. The foundation of our spiritual work is set forth in the following quotation from The Infinite Way 1 Illumination dissolves all material ties and binds men together with the golden chains of spiritual understanding; it acknowledges only the leadership of the Christ; it has no ritual or rule but the divine, impersonal universal Love; no other worship than the inner Flame that is ever lit at the shrine of Spirit. This union is the free state of spiritual brotherhood. The only restraint is the discipline of Soul, therefore we know liberty without license; we are a united universe without physical limits; a divine service to God without ceremony or creed. The illumined walk without fear-by Grace. Such illumined spiritual consciousness reveals that we need nothing of each other, because "All things that the Father hath are mine." The nations of the world will heartily agree that this is a beautiful, idealistic, and much to be desired theory, but not for one moment will they believe it to be practical. The practicality and usability of the Christ teaching never will be known, or understood, or demonstrated by man whose breath is in his nostrils, because, to him, the only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nation - The Way of Harmony.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Five, The Two Ways of I
- CHAPTER FIVE THE TWO WAYS OF I Those of you who are on the spiritual path are living in two worlds, the material and the spiritual. It may be that some of you at the moment are experiencing very little of the spiritual world, but surely you do occasionally catch glimpses of it in or after a meditation. The experience of this expanded consciousness may come, too, when you have asked for help, have been temporarily lifted out of yourself- out of your problems or out of your body-and for a brief second have caught a glimpse of a consciousness beyond that of the "natural man,"1 the man who never enters heaven, never receives a blessing from God, and is never under the law of God. The consciousness of the natural man is just a branch of a tree that is cut off and is withering, gradually approaching threescore years and ten-a few more or a few less-never even suspecting that there is another realm. While in the consciousness of the natural man, something within turns you in the direction of a spiritual teaching, and if this teaching happens to be the Infinite Way, you are led not merely through some principles of metaphysics, but into the practice of principles that must eventually result in meditation. It is in meditation that this glimpse of the spiritual kingdom is given to you, because in meditation you are not seeking things. You are not seeking health, prosperity, or companionship: you are seeking the kingdom of God, and "in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh,"2 the Christ reveals Itself, and spiritual grace takes over. It might be a momentary glimpse which leaves you for days and does not return, but if you are really determined to follow this path you will keep at it until that awareness does return, not once but again and again. The more often you seek it and the more often you attain it, the closer you are to that place where you are living more in the kingdom of God than in the world. THE LIGHT IS GIVEN TO BE A LIGHT Sometimes people think that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter Five, The Two Ways of I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 97K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter I, The Two Worlds
- CHAPTER I THE TWO WORLDS There are two worlds. There is "this world," and there is "My kingdom." There is the world that we see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, the world that we live in, in our business and in our home with our family; and there is the world within, where we live when the Christ has been raised up in us, the world inside our consciousness where we are alone with God and where we tabernacle with the son of God in us. On one hand, there is the mortal man, and on the other, the spiritual son of God. Paul, who was spiritually and inwardly taught by the Master, described mortal man as the "creature," the "natural man" who "receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned"; and explained that "as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Until we learn about the man who has his being in Christ-the man we must become-we are that "natural man," that "creature," that mortal who must put off mortality, that man who must "die daily." Progress on the spiritual path will be much more rapid once it is understood that this human or mortal man, this "creature," the "natural man," is entirely cut off from God, is never under the law or protection of God, and is never governed or sustained by God. If he were, could there be murder, rape, arson, or war? Could there be death if man were God-governed? Could there be disease? Could an airplane go hurtling out of the sky to kill all the people in it? If man were God-governed, would not disease have diminished? But has it not rather increased? For every disease that has been brought under control, have not two new ones, more deadly than the old, made their appearance? Yet every day millions upon millions of prayers go up to God; and then when a solution to the problems of the ills of the flesh comes, does it come from God or from a bottle of medicine, an antibiotic, or a new surgical discovery? Do not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter I, The Two Worlds.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 83K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 14, 1963, Removing the Veil
- REMOVING THE VEIL July 14, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Almost everybody comes to the study of The Infinite Way for the "loaves and fishes." Only rarely does anyone come to learn the truth of life; but sooner or later those who remain in this message are forced into making a decision: "Choose ye this day whom ye will serve," God or demonstration-seeking God or seeking through God to get more and better human good. As we seek and discover the kingdom of God, things are "added unto us" on the spiritual path, but by then we are no longer interested in the things. We learn that Moses put a veil on truth and Jesus Christ removed it; but remember if Moses placed a veil on truth it must have been unveiled when it came into his possession or awareness, and of course it was. Truth had been revealed in Egypt, and because of this Egypt knew centuries of great prosperity and experienced the discovery of great natural laws. Moses received his earliest training in Egypt and, while he did not receive truth there, eventually he was turned in the right direction so that truth could be revealed to him at the right moment. Because it was revealed, it enabled him to be the means through which the Hebrews were taken out of slavery and brought into the promised land. He veiled the truth from the people, perhaps because of some early experience in trying to reveal it, or because his Egyptian training had convinced him that truth should be veiled. Many Hebrew prophets between Moses and Jesus discovered the truth, but there is no known record of any of them, with the possible exception of Isaiah, making an effort to reveal to the people the secret. Jesus removed the veil and he was crucified for it. Authority, whether in the church or in the government, did not rest well if the people knew the truth. That condition does not exist at the present time; the church today is as eager to know the truth as the people are. It is very much aware that at the moment it has not found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...14, 1963, Removing the Veil.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 9, Spiritual Dominion
- ... Only when it gives itself up, surrenders itself, and permits itself to be broken open by the natural elements, does the seed change its form and eventually become a whole tree full of fruit. So it is that we-insignificant you and I, who of ourselves are really nothing-suddenly become the source through which flows infinite wisdom, love, companionship, supply, forgiveness, and infinite good in every form. Jesus was quick to admit that of his own self he was nothing, but we all know ... If, for any reason, there are those who are unable to do that, they can begin to share forgiveness. They can look out at the everpresent world of enemies-personal, national, racial-and begin to forgive them, praying that God's mercy open their consciousness. They can begin to pray, not so much for their friends and relatives, but for the sick and the sinning of the world, for those who are downtrodden, dejected, and rejected. One reaction to such a program may be, "Oh, but I'm further down in the scale than are these people for whom I am supposed to pray." In this realization, we forget that: we give what we have to give, and if we have nothing to give but prayer, then we pray. If we have nothing to give but forgiveness, we give forgiveness. If we have nothing to give but service or dedication, we give it-but we give! This is a practice. This is not conversation; this is not reading a book and exclaiming, "How lovely!" This is taking it out of the book and putting it into practice. In other words, it is acknowledging that infinity dwells within, and if we have only one dollar's worth of infinity at this minute let us give ten cent's worth of it away. It makes no difference how little we may have at the moment. What counts is that we make the acknowledgment that infinity is the measure of our being and act as though that were true, even though we act only with pennies, or if we act only with forgiveness or prayers or service. The way of the spiritual life was presented to the world by ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 9, Spiritual Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents