The World Is New: Chapter 9, Harmony Through Oneness with God
- ... I am also interested in such teachings, and I have been carrying your ad around with me for a whole week, but only today did the urge come to me to answer it." The truth is that probably he had a higher sense of love than she had and was hoping or expecting to carry love to someone who was ready to express love, but not to someone who was just seeking ten dollars a week. This love which you and I are to express cannot be expressed only to one another, for even the scribes and the Pharisees showered love on their families and friends. No, the love that we are called upon to express must be given to our enemies, to those who despitefully use us as well as to those who come within the range of our friendship and our home. The essence of love is oneness with God, and oneness with God makes inevitable the conscious expression of the qualities of God. There is nothing mysterious or occult about this. It is something we can do right where we are-in a bus, an automobile, or on an airplane. As long as we are looking out on this world with love and forgiveness and with joy that all who open their consciousness to the presence of God will in some manner bring It forth, that is all that is necessary. Within us, there are greater capacities for joy than any of us have ever known in the external world. I myself have always been a voracious reader, but today I can find just as great a joy welling up within me as I can find outside in any book. Though I still enjoy good books, I find that if I am in a place where there are no books, all that could be found in books can be found in my individual consciousness. And so you would find it, too. Peace, joy, power! "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." 15 Money, home, automobiles, theaters, dances, and good food-that is the kind of peace that we get from the world. But My peace, the peace that I give which the world cannot give, is the peace we are seeking. That is the grace of God, and it is not outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ny Through Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 5, 1963, The Nature of Spiritual Prayer
- THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL PRAYER August 5, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Center GOOD EVENING. In an age like the present one, which seems dedicated to destroying the value of the individual and turning him into a mass, a herd, a horde, and making the individual a nonentity, ours are activities dedicated wholly to revealing the identity and the dignity and the magnitude of the individual. The Infinite Way is one of these activities and has for its basis: "I and my Father are one 1 . . . The place whereon I stand is holy ground." 2 There are other activities which are beginning to assert the value and the dignity of the individual, but The Infinite Way is approaching the subject from the religious standpoint-not from the standpoint of a religion, but from the standpoint of religion itself. The knowledge of God reveals the infinite nature of individual man. Since "I and my Father are one . . . He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 3 That is how sacred the individual is. He is the showing forth of God; he is that place in consciousness where God shines through. This late in the 20th century, only mass hypnotism could hide from the world the tremendous scope of the life and the activity of Lao-Tzu of China, yet there are many people in the world who are aware of the fact that Lao-Tzu gave the world one of its great spiritual teachings. Likewise, there are few in the world who do not know the Buddha, and hundreds of millions throughout the world live by the words of the Buddha, and hundreds of millions live by the words of the Christ. Christ Jesus was only one Hebrew rabbi among many, yet he was remembered and revered because of his recognition of his individual Selfhood and of the power that conferred upon him. "My words shall not pass away," 4 not the words of the whole synagogue and not the words of the Roman emperors, but "my words"-the words of a simple Hebrew rabbi walking up and down the Holy Land. When we think of electric lights, phonographs, and moving pictures ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nature of Spiritual Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 3, Get Thee Hence Satan
- 3) "Get Thee Hence, Satan" It took a really great mystic to discover the secret of impersonal evil and devise the name "devil" or "Satan" for it. This devil or Satan, as it was first conceived, did not mean an opponent of God; it had no such meaning at all. Instead, it meant something in the nature of a tempter-not a power or a person, but a tempter offering temptation. The evil is never in us; it is the tempter that tempts us into sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation, and this tempter should be recognized at all times as the impersonal source of evil. When the devil stood before Jesus in the wilderness tempting him to turn the stones into bread, Jesus answered, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Again Satan tempted the Master to cast himself down from the pinnacle of the temple, and Jesus' answer was, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." 2 Once more Satan offered him temptation in the form of worldly glory, and to this, Jesus replied, "Get thee hence, Satan." 3 With this recognition of the devil as the impersonal source of evil, Satan left him. From then on what do we hear about Satan as far as the Master is concerned? He does not appear any more. He seems to have faded out, right there and then. With that "Get thee hence, Satan," Satan is no more. The Master is alone, alone with God, consciously one with God, the victor, with full dominion. But the tempter, the devil, is gone; the temptation is gone. TEMPTATION ALWAYS APPEARS AS A PERSON OR A CONDITION Every need for help for yourself or any call for help that comes from someone else should be recognized as a temptation, a temptation to be rejected. Even if it should be someone close to a hundred years, suffering from old age, remember that the claim of age has to do merely with the calendar. The calendar affects us only if we accept it, keep looking at it every day, and wondering what story it tells, instead of proving how impersonal it can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 3, Get Thee Hence Satan.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 163K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 4, The True Demonstration
- Chapter Four The True Demonstration Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. . . For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:25,32,33 With many truth-students, the word "demonstration" has become a part of their vocabulary. They have come to believe that they have the right to health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, perfection, and satisfaction as the fruitage of their study. Too often, however, as the student continues in this work, he finds his attention fastened too much on the outer demonstration rather than on what produces the effect, that is, on what brings the demonstration into expression or manifestation. Basis of "Miracles" of Great Spiritual Leaders The Hebrews thought that the manna falling from the sky was the demonstration. In fact, they believed it so firmly that they rushed out to gather all the manna they could, not only for what they needed for the day but to store up for tomorrow, not realizing that the manna was not their demonstration. The demonstration was their consciousness of God's presence, the consciousness of the activity of God, the consciousness of God as fulfillment. Moses' entire demonstration was based on his realization of I Am. It was Moses' realization of I Am which produced the manna falling from the sky. The demonstration really was a realization of I Am: and the result of the demonstration was the manna. Throughout scripture many miracles such as the multiplication of loaves and fishes are recounted. Did the Master multiply loaves and fishes? No, he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing. 1 . . . The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 2 But what is "the Father that dwelleth in me"? He referred to that Father later as the truth which is the Comforter, the spirit of truth, 3 the conscious ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 4, The True Demonstration.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 5, Transition in Consciousness
- ~ 5 ~ A TRANSITION IN CONSCIOUSNESS Good Evening. We have just had our usual meditation, but in this particular meditation we began by placing ourselves as superior to mind and body, which is our natural birth-right. That is, we took the word I 1 , which I am: I, Joel; I, Mary; I, William. Whatever your name may be, you identify yourself with the word I. That I of course is your being, the being which you are. Your mind is something you possess and your body is something you possess. The mind is not you; the body is not you. I am you, and I was given a mind and a body through which to perform your functions on earth. The mind is that instrument which you use for thinking purposes, reasoning purposes, or any purpose of awareness. Through your mind you become aware, through your mind you know, through your mind you think, through your mind you receive decisions or make judgements. The body is a physical instrument and it takes its orders from you through the mind. I say to this hand, "Up," and the mind communicates that to the hand and the hand obeys the mind, which in turn obeys me. I have dominion over the mind and over the body. But suppose I do not exercise that dominion which was given to me by God in the beginning, and suppose I turn to the mind for its judgements or to the body for its conduct. I would soon be in all kinds of trouble, just as those who have not learned to accept their dominion over mind and body are in trouble much of the time. The mind was given to you, the body was given to you. When you sit down to meditate, the mind does not wish to come under control, not because it has a wish or will of its own, but only because you haven't assumed dominion and it is accustomed to doing what it wants. I'm afraid it's much like the horses I've ridden: they don't acknowledge my control a bit, they just take me where they want to go. That's because I don't know how to assume dominion over a horse, and so he has his fun with me. So it is, the mind has its fun ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Transition in Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Metaphysical Healing
- METAPHYSICAL HEALING HEALINGS ARE always in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends his part in what follows until he acknowledges his so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being - the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, the Savior, or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much misknowledge of the truth about God, man, idea, and body, and this misknowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, "What is God?" and that answer is, "I AM." God is the mind and the life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal truth or principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not - and if you do not, there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle and therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the mind and life of the individual. God is the only I. Next comes the question, "What is man?" and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth, - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Way_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Get Thee Hence Satan
- "Get Thee Hence, Satan" It took a really great mystic to discover the secret of impersonal evil and devise the name "devil" or "Satan" for it. This devil or Satan, as it was first conceived, did not mean an opponent of God; it had no such meaning at all. Instead, it meant something in the nature of a tempter-not a power or a person, but a tempter offering temptation. The evil is never in us; it is the tempter that tempts us into sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation, and this tempter should be recognized at all times as the impersonal source of evil. When the devil stood before Jesus in the wilderness tempting him to turn the stones into bread, Jesus answered, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Again Satan tempted the Master to cast himself down from the pinnacle of the temple, and Jesus' answer was, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." 2 Once more Satan offered him temptation in the form of worldly glory, and to this, Jesus replied, "Get thee hence, Satan." 3 With this recognition of the devil as the impersonal source of evil, Satan left him. From then on what do we hear about Satan as far as the Master is concerned? He does not appear any more. He seems to have faded out, right there and then. With that "Get thee hence, Satan," Satan is no more. The Master is alone, alone with God, consciously one with God, the victor, with full dominion. But the tempter, the devil, is gone; the temptation is gone. Temptation Always Appears as a Person or a Condition Every need for help for yourself or any call for help that comes from someone else should be recognized as a temptation, a temptation to be rejected. Even if it should be someone close to a hundred years, suffering from old age, remember that the claim of age has to do merely with the calendar. The calendar affects us only if we accept it, keep looking at it every day, and wondering what story it tells, instead of proving how impersonal it can be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eader_ Get Thee Hence Satan.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:18- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter One, The New Life by Grace
- CHAPTER ONE THE NEW LIFE BY GRACE This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households. Deuteronomy 12:7 God is pouring Itself* forth and expressing Itself as harmonious being and as a harmonious universe. The world, however, is not enjoying the harmony of that universe or the harmony of God's being, but that is not because God is withholding that harmony from anyone. There is no God that can be induced to do anything especially for you or for me, no God that will move out of Its orbit to do something for any one person that It is not at this very moment doing for everybody, whether or not all the everybodies avail themselves of what God is giving them so freely. As you read this, review in your mind these questions: Do you believe that God is withholding anything from you? Do you believe that there is a God who can give you something, but at this particular moment is not giving it to you? Do you believe that? Is there anything that the hand of God is withholding from you? Is there any way that you can reach God to get God to loose something that you would like to have, and give it to you? Most of the religious teachings of the world are based upon the belief that there is a way to influence God and thereby persuade God to act on our behalf. And now I ask you, do you believe that? Do you believe that you can find a way in which you can coerce God, influence or bribe Him with money, prayers, sacrifices, tithes, or with promises to be good? Do you believe that any of this influences God on your behalf? Do you believe that there is a way to open God's hand and make it let loose of the blessings which you think He is withholding from you? Release yourself from the belief that there is a God withholding anything from anybody, anywhere, for any reason. God is not giving something to one race and withholding it from another or to one church and withholding it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... One, The New Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter III, One Power
- CHAPTER III ONE POWER To understand the nature of God is to understand the basic principle of spiritual healing. Is it the nature of God to heal disease? Do you really believe that? If God is all-powerful and all-loving, why did He not heal it yesterday? Why is He waiting for today? And why is He not doing it today? Most of the people in the world believe that God works through doctors to heal them, but according to statistics, God was not doing too satisfactory a job of that before this century, was He? One hundred years ago, people were dying daily of diseases which today are healed in twenty-four hours. Why? Did God want them to die, but not us? Is God a respecter of persons? God never has had pleasure in our dying; God never will have pleasure in our dying; and, furthermore, God has never been responsible for our dying. People died because medical science had not advanced to the stage where their doctors knew enough to keep them alive, and some, in this last century, because their metaphysical and spiritual practitioners did not know enough to keep them alive. When you think of such things, the question inevitably arises, "Does God have anything to do with a person's being diseased? What does God have to do with healing him? There must be another principle involved in healing. And what is it?" That principle is revealed through an understanding of the nature of God and the nature of that with which you are dealing. When you understand God to be infinite love, infinite wisdom, and infinite good, you will know that God is "of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity." Disease is man- created, and only through man's developed spiritual consciousness will it be eradicated. If you can grasp the significance and truth of that statement, you will realize, "Then the development of this spiritual consciousness is my responsibility," and you will be correct. Through prayer and contemplation, let the nature of God be revealed. Discover for yourself ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing_ Chapter III, One Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 105K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Spiritual Illumination
- SPIRITUAL ILLUMINATION SPIRITUAL ILLUMINATION enables us to discern the spiritual reality where the human concept appears to be. Spiritual sense discerns the reality of that which is appearing as concept. The development of spiritual consciousness begins with our first realization that what we are beholding through the senses of sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell is not the reality of things. Disregarding appearances entirely, the first ray of spiritual illumination brings us hints of the divine, the eternal and immortal. This in turn makes the appearance even less real to us, thereby admitting even greater illumination. Our progress Spiritward is in proportion to the illumination which enables us to behold more and more of Reality. Because the human scene is entirely a misconception through misperception, any thought of helping, healing, correcting, or changing the material picture must be relinquished in order that we may see the ever-present Reality. Spiritual illumination comes to us in a measure with our first investigation of truth. We believe that we are seeking good, or truth; whereas the light has begun to shine in our consciousness compelling us to take the steps we have since taken. Every increase of our spiritual understanding was more light appearing and dispelling the darkness of sense. This inflow of illumination will continue until we come to the full realization of our true identity as "the light of the world." Without illumination, we struggle with the forces of the world; we labor for a living; we struggle to maintain our place and position; we compete for riches or honors. Often we war with our own friends and even find ourselves at war with ourselves. There is no security in personal possessions even after the battle to acquire them has been won. Illumination first brings peace, then confidence and assurance; it brings rest from the world's contests, and then all good flows to us through Grace. We see now that we do not live by acquiring, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Spiritual Illumination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 90K
Find Similar Documents