Consciousness Transformed: March 31, 1963, My Consciousness
- My CONSCIOUSNESS March 31, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I WAS VERY MUCH SURPRISED when I came in today and saw so many of you greeting me as if you knew me, because I am not the same fellow I was yesterday. Appearances must be very deceitful because the Joel of yesterday is gone. So this may not be a talk but a soliloquy. Up to yesterday I had been saying in my correspondence with some who know me very well that all of the inner unrest in me is because my song has not yet been sung-but my song now has been sung. Last night I sat up reading the chapters of the new book and it is all there, so from now on I am a retired gentleman of leisure! As you again go over the tapes and the writings of the past fifteen years, you too will find that it is all there. You just have to separate the metaphysics from the mysticism, and you will find that it is all there on both subjects. To begin with, you note in the writings and in the recordings that attention is called over and over again to the statement that our principal task is to know the nature of God, "whom to know aright is life eternal." You cannot possibly realize how true this is until you catch the first glimpse of the nature of God, not intellectually but in your heart. Then you will be able to look up and out at this world and say, "No wonder you have had such horrible troubles all of these centuries because you have never known God." No one would ever pray to God if they knew God or knew the nature of God, and I mean pray in the way in which orthodox people have been taught to pray and the way in which metaphysicians have been taught to treat. What makes it so difficult is that regardless of what our religious background has been or has not been, we still think of God consciously or subconsciously or unconsciously as if there were a God separate and apart from our own being. It is only when you realize, "God is my own consciousness" that all of a sudden the shoulders relax and you breathe a deep sigh and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 31, 1963, My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 28, 1963, Two Covenants
- TWO COVENANTS September 28, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are two covenants: the human and the divine, the mental and the spiritual, and there is absolutely no way for the human being to pray to God or make contact with God. The only contact there can be with God is in silence, and that does not mean the absence of noise. It means the silencing of human will and personal desire. Spiritual silence, "be still and know," has no reference to sound. Be still means to have no will or desire of your own. Keep your humanhood still and then be willing that the grace of God fill your consciousness. How it will appear in the outer form you will have no possible way of knowing. It really is a mystery, and how it is accomplished is an even greater mystery. When the work of The Infinite Way started in California, none of us believed that it would ever extend outside of California. As a matter of fact it was a surprise when the work moved up as far as Northern California, and when we were functioning there none of us dreamed of going outside of that state. Actually it was a great surprise when I was invited to Portland, Oregon! And so it has been ever since-a surprise. Only an act of divine grace could have continued moving us from place to place to place, until the globe was circled. When you go to God it must be with no thoughts and with no desire. You go to God to attune yourself to God's grace and, whatever form it takes, that is what you must follow. There will always be a divided world and an unsuccessful world as long as people are praying for things, conditions, persons. I know through the healing work that you cannot pray for persons. It has always been horrible to me to think of God healing Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Smith, but not healing Mrs. Jones. No, in healing work the person who has asked for help has attuned to your consciousness and, when you are spiritually attuned, they are spiritually attuned and receive the benefits of that attuning. It is for this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ber 28, 1963, Two Covenants.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:21- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 3, Self-Completeness
- ~ 3 ~ SELF-COMPLETENESS You are Self-complete through God. You are not, and never will be, complete because of any effort you have ever made toward being good or being spiritual. Your completeness is in God. This is in accordance with the teaching of the Master Christ Jesus: "I can of mine own self do nothing. 1 . . . The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 2 . . . Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. 3 . . . My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." 4 In other words, all the power of Jesus was really the power of the Christ made evident through Jesus. Remember that, in and of yourself, you are nothing except that God be the reality of your being. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ you are fulfilled in all your completeness. So you can draw on your Christhood for anything to the extent of your realization of this truth. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4 Think of a tree with its trunk and its root system deep down in the earth, and then think of the branches on the tree. The tree has a root system which draws into it the food from the earth. It has a distributing system that sends that food up through the trunk out into the branches. There is a catalytic agent that turns the sun and the air and the water into some kind of an essence that feeds the branches and later becomes the fruit. Now for a moment think of yourself as a branch, and realize how you are being fed: through the trunk, or the vine, from the earth. As a human being, you are not partaking of that divine substance: you are a branch cut off from the trunk of the tree. It would appear that each of us is a separate unit, walking around in space, none of us attached to the other, none of us at one with the other, and certainly no sign of any God, feeding, supporting, maintaining, or supplying us: just ourselves, lone branches suspended in space, attached to nothing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 3, Self-Completeness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 5, Hidden Manna
- ~ 5 ~ HIDDEN MANNA Ours is a new dimension. We do not seek the world: we abide at the center of our own being, behold the glory of God, and let the world come to us. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna. Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear"-he that hath an inner ear, he that hath a spiritual ear, he that can hear what is not audible-let him hear. Let him hear what the spirit says-not what I say, not what the book says, not what you would like to say to your neighbor, but what the spirit says-"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna." The whole import of the message of The Infinite Way could well be summed up in that term "hidden manna." Hidden manna! How like that expression is to that other statement of the Master's: "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you" 1 -not physical health or material wealth, a home or an automobile, not anything that the world gives, but My peace. My peace is something that the world would not recognize if it came face to face with it, and would not realize even if it experienced it. My peace: a peace that comes, not because the body is healthy or the purse is full, not because the home is happy, prosperous, or joyous! No, no, no! My peace is a state of peace that is experienced within, regardless of outside conditions, but which ultimately changes the outside conditions. Here you have a hidden mystery. Peace, such as the world gives, comes to you because of external circumstances or conditions. If you have more health or wealth, a bigger home, or a longer vacation, that may induce a temporary state of peace, but this good that comes to you from the external world today may be taken from you tomorrow. My peace is different from that. My peace is an inflow and an outflow from within your own being, and so it is never dependent on anything: it is self-created, self-maintained, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 5, Hidden Manna.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Five, God as Law in Operation
- They do not realize that there is a law in operation much greater and more powerful than any law ever written into the statutes of any nation. I was thinking of this recently in connection with forgiveness. An occasion arose in which forgiveness was almost out of the question, and regardless of all the unfoldment and understanding that had been given through the writings of The Infinite Way, there seemed to be no way to bring forgiveness into this ... Probably every one of us has, in a measure, believed that some of our inharmonies and discords are due to other people, and right here is where we must bring the law of forgiveness into the picture. The first thing we ask ... Forgiveness is also a law of God. The Master made it very clear that we were to forgive even our enemies-those who hate us and persecute us, those who despitefully use us-and if necessary we were to forgive them seventy times seven! Here is a law of God, which every one of us has been violating. We have not forgiven our enemies, and certainly we have not forgiven seventy times seven. Forgiveness is one of the important ... some error in our experience, is due to someone else, either in the present, the past, or possibly in the future, and so we have violated the law of forgiveness. We cannot violate the law of God without suffering for it! ... As we study the Master's teaching in the Gospels, we find these laws of love and forgiveness and also the law of service. "For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, ... Therefore, the only way we can love God with our whole heart and soul, with our whole mind, body, and being, is by loving man. That love is made manifest not only in the service we give to man, the kindness and forgiveness, ... If we discover that we have not sufficiently kept the law of love or the law of forgiveness, we should not be too critical of ourselves, but acknowledge that that is where we have fallen down and, at this moment, recognize ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ve, God as Law in Operation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 7, Preparation for Spiritual Baptism
- Chapter Seven Preparation for Spiritual Baptism Spiritual grace is an anointing by the Spirit, and our part in receiving this anointing is to prepare for it. Many persons wonder why the blessings of the Spirit do not come to them, or at least why these blessings do not come in greater measure, and yet they do not realize that they themselves are setting up the barriers that prevent it. There is probably one thing that all mystics agree on in their presentation of the revelations of truth that have come to them, and that is that the nature of God is love. That is one outstanding agreement. To receive God is to receive love, but what do we offer as instruments through which to receive love? The answer is that in the degree that we live as human beings, we engage in judgment, criticism, condemnation, and unforgiveness. As human beings, we live out from the old Hebraic eye-for-an-eye-and-tooth-for-a-tooth law, and are quite unable to forgive seventy times seven. In a consciousness of that nature, it is virtually impossible to receive the anointing of the Spirit. We must prepare ourselves for the anointing by a change from within which in scripture has been called the renewing of the mind: "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." 1 When the Master taught such things as loving our neighbor as ourselves, praying for the enemy, forgiving those who persecute us, resisting not evil, he was not actually setting forth a spiritual message. He was preparing human consciousness to receive the anointing of the Spirit because until we bring ourselves to that state of consciousness, to that renewal of our mind, it is not possible to receive the Holy Ghost. The Pure Consciousness Is Free of Judgment One example of the necessity for freedom from judgment as to what is pure and what is not pure can be found in the experience of Peter who in the depth of his great love for Judaism could not bring himself to eat the meat of the pig or to teach the truth of the Christian message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation for Spiritual Baptism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 9, From Humanhood to Divinity
- Chapter Nine From Humanhood to Divinity The Old Testament and the New Testament together make up what the world knows as the Christian Bible, and this might lead one to think that the whole of the Old Testament is the same in its religious teaching as is the New Testament, or that in the Bible there is to be found only one teaching. This is not true. In the Old Testament, which of course stands firmly on the teaching of Moses and the Hebrew prophets, the law is set forth. This law is the foundation for that state of our consciousness which may be called the Hebraic state, and while we are in the Hebraic state of consciousness, it is necessary to have that law. The Law Let us not think, however, that that is the same teaching as Christianity, or that it represents what Jesus Christ came to give this world. It does not, "for the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." 1 The Christian way of life is a life by grace, not a life by law. According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, we do not honor our mother and father because of obedience to one of the Ten Commandments: we honor our mother and father because we have accepted the teaching of love-thy-neighbor-as-thyself, and our mother and father are just as much a neighbor as the person down the street. It would be difficult to exclude our mother and father from our love; but, on the other hand, it should be equally difficult to exclude the neighbor down the street or across the boundary. What do we have when we live under the law? We have a Sabbath, one day that must be kept holy. In the Christian Church, this is still observed, even though it is a different Sabbath Day from that observed in the traditional Hebrew synagogue. But anyone who sets aside any day of the week as holy or accepts one day of the week as more holy than another has not yet discerned the teaching of Jesus Christ. There are 365 holy days in every year, except Leap Year, and then there are 366 holy days. If that is not true, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... From Humanhood to Divinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 12, The Prince of Peace
- ~ 12 ~ THE PRINCE OF PEACE The full significance of Christmas can never be known except through an understanding of the unchanging nature of God, the God who is eternally and everlastingly the same yesterday, today, and forever. That which is of God always has been, that which has been is now, and that which is now always will be. To understand this reveals that the real Christmas did not begin two thousand years ago: it began in the beginning, before time was. What took place two thousand years ago was merely the revelation of an experience that has been continuous, not only since "before Abraham was," 1 but since before time was. God did not inaugurate anything new two thousand years ago. The true meaning of Christmas is that God planted in individual consciousness the seed that was to evolve as his Son. No one has ever existed, exists now, or ever will exist without this spiritual influence and power having been implanted in his consciousness from the beginning. The function of the Son of God was made clear through the ministry of Jesus Christ when he revealed, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" 2 -not I, Jesus, but I, the Son of God. Jesus said, "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. . . . I of mine own self do nothing . . . 3 I am the bread of life . . . 4 I am the resurrection, and the life." 5 That was the Son of God speaking. Jesus was not all this: it was the Son of God speaking through him-the same Son of God which is in the midst of all of us as it has been in the midst of every individual since the beginning of time. Go Within to Find the Peace Established from the Beginning There is a story which tells of an ancient king who himself was peaceful, just, merciful, and kind, but who had a neighbor-king intent on war and conquest. Because of the nature of his being, the just and merciful king sent an ambassador to the neighboring king to seek peace. Meanwhile, to protect his people, he began to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 12, The Prince of Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 15, Universality of God
- ~ 15 ~ UNIVERSALITY OF GOD IN THE BOOK OF JOHN, just before the twelfth chapter, we have the Master raising Lazarus from the dead. When Chapter twelve opens the Master is coming to Bethany and there, a supper is prepared for him. The supper is prepared by Mary, the sister of Lazarus, and Lazarus himself is at that supper. Of course, this little town is very much excited about all of these experiences-Lazarus being raised from the dead; Lazarus even eating supper after having been dead and in the tomb. We, of course, might imagine that this was an occasion for rejoicing and for everybody to be happy and celebrating. But that is only because we are apt to think too quickly and to believe that the whole world wants truth, that the whole world wants this evidence of the dead being raised to life and sinners being reformed. In this experience there were two of these events: one the raising of the dead, and the other, Mary Magdalene kissing the feet of the Master, pouring oil upon him-a sinner reformed. But the "world" as a world does not like these things, and more especially the Church that cannot produce such healings, dares not like them, and here we find the first murmurings of resentment and discontent, rising to greater heights and here the Master realizes that trouble lies ahead. We are in Chapter twelve beginning with verse 23: Jesus says, "The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you; except a corn (kernel) of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." 1 Now, here, just for a moment, we have the principle, the very principle itself, on which my own unfoldment is based. Everything that you are reading in my writings, all that you will gather from my classes, is based on that very statement that unless the seed "fall into the ground and die," it does not bear fruit. Translating that into our language of today, it means this: that unless we die to our humanhood, we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 15, Universality of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 119K
Find Similar Documents