The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 7, The Power to Become the Son of God
- ~ 7 ~ THE POWER TO BECOME THE SON OF GOD Life is a matter of individual demonstration. Hundreds of persons may be exposed to the same truth, but only a few will benefit from it. The words each person reads may be the same, and the consciousness back of those words the same, but the difference lies in individual receptivity and individual responsiveness to the spiritual word. The benefit derived by any person results by virtue of some active receptivity within him. Those of you who have had experience in the healing work must realize this. If ten patients come into your orbit in a single day and you give the same degree of integrity to each one, the same understanding, consciousness, and faithfulness in treatment, one of them may receive an instantaneous healing; three, very quick healing; three, long drawn out and protracted healing; and others, no healing. Why is that? In every case, the treatment was equally able and faithful, so what is the difference? The difference is in the degree of spiritual receptivity in the consciousness of the person who is seeking your help. He may have it in great or slight degree, or he may have no spiritual receptivity whatsoever. That is no reason for criticism or praise because no one is responsible for the degree of his receptivity or spiritual integrity. That is a matter over which he has no control. Some people have come into this world more spiritually blessed and more spiritually receptive than others, whereas some have come into this world more materialistically inclined, and they, therefore, will have a greater struggle developing the necessary spiritual receptivity and responsiveness. When a practitioner begins to work with a patient or student, it is not possible to know whether he will have an instantaneous or a slow healing because the practitioner does not know the factors that are involved. He does not know what there is in the patient's consciousness that may be blocking the message or preventing the spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er to Become the Son of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 8, Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding The Infinite Way is a revelation of specific principles, each of which is startling, radical, and so contrary to what has been accepted for centuries that there is little wonder that many do not understand the importance of them, and therefore the fruitage is not forthcoming. So the question must naturally arise: Do I understand the principles of the Infinite Way, and am I practicing them? With the understanding and practice of them will come the realization that is necessary before the student on this path can experience the fulfillment inherent in the principles. Surrendering Concepts Whatever good is to appear in your outer experience must first be experienced within. There can be no change in the outer experience without an inner spiritual experience. There could be some healings of a mental, moral, physical, or financial nature due to the consciousness of a teacher, but that would not really be your demonstration. A teacher is only a help on the way. The real demonstration comes with your own experience, and in the beginning that experience can be difficult, sometimes even painful, because it means the surrender of many preconceived beliefs, opinions, and theories. Conditioned as you and I have been for so many centuries it is not easy to give up our cherished beliefs and to strip ourselves of them. Therein lies the difficulty. Students can accept the new, but they cannot surrender the old; and thereby they set up a warfare within themselves, the warfare between the flesh and the Spirit, which really means a warfare between truth and ignorance. Ignorance is the barrier to the spiritual life, and what a person has accepted in mind, in thought, or in belief constitutes the barrier. So before anything else, the light of truth must have the opportunity of dispelling the darkness, the ignorance that he has held in mind. Seeking Spiritual Fruitage One of the most difficult places in your spiritual journey is to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage through Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 5, Knowing the Truth in Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ KNOWING THE TRUTH IN TREATMENT To those of us on the Path of The Infinite Way our goal is harmony-spiritual, eternal, immortal harmony in all of our relationships, being, body and business. In our search for the harmonies of life we have come to see that the only harmony is the harmony of God, made manifest as our individual experience. We have found that it is an impossibility to be intelligent, healthy or wealthy in and of ourselves, and that even though we gain these through material means they prove to be unsatisfactory, incomplete and impermanent. Only in the degree that we understand that God is the Intelligence of the universe, that God is the Mind, the Soul, and the Spirit of our individual being, do we have harmony as a permanent and continuing dispensation. As we come into the realization that there is no lasting safety or security, no health or wealth in the material world, we must find our new abiding-place-"an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." How do we attain this spiritual life? How do we attain spiritual consciousness? How do we attain our freedom from "this world?" The Master showed us the way-"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The first step in attaining freedom from the world is learning and knowing the truth. Read and study scripture and truth books. Bring yourself into the atmosphere of those who have attained some measure of spiritual consciousness. Choose your books, your teacher or teaching only after thoughtful consideration and prayer that they be revealed to you. Each one must find within his own being his true teacher or teaching, and be faithful to them until such time as he shall be led to a higher step. In the last analysis, we shall all be taught of God. The second, and by far the most important step, is knowing the truth, not merely by reading, studying or hearing it, but also by receiving it by impartation from within your own being. In giving treatments to ourselves or others in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...wing the Truth in Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 10, Meditation on Life by Grace
- ~ 10 ~ MEDITATION ON LIFE BY GRACE The greatest spiritual blessings that come into your experience are not brought about so much by what you know of truth as by the degree of silence you can maintain. What you know of truth, that is, of the letter of truth, acts only as a foundation for the real demonstration of spiritual living. Beyond a few simple statements of truth which every truth student must understand and realize, there is little of an intricate or difficult nature that one has to know so far as knowing truth is concerned. The difficult part comes in developing a state of consciousness which enables him to be inwardly still. Except for the realization of the true nature of prayer, which carries with it the understanding that God does not have to be appealed to or used, and the understanding that all the presence, substance, power, and law of God are where you are, silence is far more valuable than all the speech and all the teaching that can be given. That is why a person can usually do far greater work as a practitioner than as a teacher because a teacher is constantly being called upon to speak, and what he says sometimes deflects from the inward realization that God is. To be able to abide in the is-ness of God is far better than all the teaching or talking in the world. It is not what a person says that does the greater works: it is the quiet, peaceful realization. The first and very simple rule is not to reach out to God for something, to be sure that you do not believe you need a God-power, and to realize constantly that your only need is for the realization of God's grace. Aside from that, the less talking you do about what you know the better for you and for those you are helping. This is especially true for those who are teachers because it is when they are not teaching that they are living closest to their spiritual center. Then, they are not thinking and speaking through the mind, saying things that oftentimes sound foolish. Words always sound ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Meditation on Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 142K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 11, Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness
- Chapter Eleven Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness Throughout the history of the world, there have been some few hundred persons who by the grace of God have received spiritual illumination to a sufficient extent for them to be considered mystics. There also have been a few thousand persons or possibly tens of thousands who by the grace of God have received a touch of the Spirit but, because they did not understand or grasp the meaning or significance of it when it came, could never again regain it or have the experience repeated. These represent one of the saddest elements of society. It is not necessary for a person to go through life without illumination however, because with an understanding of the truth of being and a consistent living with the principles, the spiritual centers are opened, and it is possible for anyone who earnestly turns to a spiritual teaching to receive a tremendous measure of light. The degree of that illumination varies with the individual and with the use he makes of it after he receives it. Impersonalization Illumination is possible only in proportion to our realization of the nature of God as omnipresence and infinity, thereby enabling us to look upon any and every form of discord not as a condition or a person but as a mental imposition, a malpractice, a temptation, a state of hypnotism, a nothingness. It is virtually impossible to receive spiritual light or illumination and to attain the heights possible through meditation when the mind is divided against itself. If we entertain the belief that God can do something to or for something or somebody, our mind is a house divided against itself. As long as we entertain a belief in two powers, illumination is impossible because that is the barrier that separates us from being that man who has his being in Christ. We think of each other as having certain qualities, some good and some bad, some spiritual and some material. That is the barrier. We cannot deny that some of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter I, The Way
- CHAPTER I THE WAY Most men and women are convinced that there is a divine Power of some sort operating in human affairs; but they are not sure what it is, nor do they know how to bring this divine Presence and Power into their daily experience. There was a time when many of these people were content to believe in a God dwelling in a remote heaven, a God whom they would not meet until after death. In this practical age, however, very few are satisfied with that limited concept of God. The world is full of discord. The question is asked again and again: Why, if there is a God, does this God permit sin, disease, war, famine, and disaster? How can all these evils be, if God is good, if God is life, if God is love? How can there be that kind of a God and the horrors of human experience? People throughout all time have attempted to solve this riddle, but there is no solution; there is no answer except that the world has not known God. We can never for a moment believe that if people in this world had a realization of God, they would have discord and inharmony, too. Discord and inharmony come into our life because of our ignorance of God. As we acquaint now ourselves with Him, we find the secret of harmonious existence. People throughout all time have sought freedom, peace, and plenty; but their search has been primarily through the feverish activity of the human mind. Pleasure and satisfaction have been artificially created, and because of their artificiality, they are neither permanent nor real. Living out from the level of the mind, there must be a continuous round of new pleasures, new faces, and new scenes. There is rarely a truly joyous moment, nor are there periods of rest and relaxation. Freedom, peace, and plenty are not dependent upon circumstances or conditions. Men have been free in chains; they have been free under slavery and oppression; they have found peace in the midst of war; they have survived floods and famine; they have prospered in periods of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itation_ Chapter I, The Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 92K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 3, Beginning the Contemplative Life
- ~ 3 ~ BEGINNING THE CONTEMPLATIVE LIFE In the Orient, as many of you know, those who are interested in attaining spiritual illumination go to a teacher and, as a rule, live with or near the teacher for a period of six, seven, or eight years, and by means of meditation with as well as without the teacher, meditation with other students, and spiritual instruction, eventually attain their illumination: satori, enlightenment, or the fourth dimensional consciousness. Mankind as a whole, however, is not geared for this kind of teaching, nor do many desire, need, or even have the capacity for full enlightenment. This is attested by the fact that some students and disciples who have lived in close association with their teachers even for many years could not or did not reach the heights, whereas others may have received it in two or three years. The question, then, for the young student at first is not one of attaining that degree of illumination which would set him up as a spiritual teacher or healer, but primarily how to attain sufficient illumination or enlightenment to be able to free himself from the discords and inharmonies of daily living and build up within himself a spiritual sense that would not only lift him above the world's troubles- his family or community troubles-but would enable him to live a normal family, business, or professional life, and yet be inspired, fed, and supported by an inner experience and contact. Recognize the Universality of God It is well known that all people of a religious turn of mind-whatever their religion may be-can attain some measure of inner harmony and peace and find themselves in possession of an inner grace that eventually lives their lives for them. It makes no difference what a person's religion is because there is only one God, only one Spirit; and that Spirit knows no difference between a Jew and a Gentile, a Protestant and a Catholic, an Oriental and an Occidental. The Spirit is beyond and above any denominational beliefs ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ning the Contemplative Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:38- 134K
Find Similar Documents