Consciousness Transformed: August 17, 1963, It Is I: Nullifying the Carnal Mind
- IT IS I: NULLIFYING THE CARNAL MIND August 17, 1963 GOOD AFTERNOON. The work last night should provide you with a tremendous principle in the functioning of every detail of your life: in your family, in your business, in your profession. You cannot get away from the fact that the carnal mind is operating in every department of your human affairs. Therefore, just realize that it is operating, but always impersonalize it. In other words, do not try to find the carnal mind in "Bill Jones." It is always an impersonal operation even when it is appearing as an individual. On the human level it really is not possible to be perfect or to be all we are supposed to be. Therefore, when we are nullifying the carnal mind we are really nullifying whatever degree of it is still operating in us. If you were to receive a warning that, at 12:00 o'clock tonight, there was going to be a tidal wave, you would have to admit frankly that you would not know what to do about it. The fact is that you do not know, nor does anybody else know. If such a warning came, the only thing you could do would be to get very quiet "in this minute," go within, and keep listening until something within you acknowledged itself. There would be no possible way of knowing how or in what way it would appear; in fact we might all receive different answers. For one it might come as "it is I; be not afraid," or "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee," or "Fear not, I am with you." It might even be that you would not get a message at all, just a feeling of inner peace. Then, whatever was necessary would follow. It might be that the tidal wave would not happen; it might be that you would be led in some way to move to another part of town; it might be that the tidal wave would be dissipated. In some way the situation would be resolved. The point I am trying to bring out is this: When you are faced with a condition which you are not able even humanly to meet, there is nothing you can do except wait for the voice of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nullifying the Carnal Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 10, 1963, Beside God There Is No Other
- BESIDE GOD THERE IS NO OTHER February 10, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS from the tape that you heard this morning? Are there any points that need clarifying? I know it was a very important tape. (1960 Denver Closed Class: Advanced Spiritual Healing Class: Protective Work.) Question: I am interested in what you said about the Christian attitude towards business. You said that John Wanamaker of Philadelphia started pricing at a set price and that this was a Christian way of doing business. Can you explain? Answer: There isn't anyone in the world who is not affected by business. When we speak of the right way of doing business, we speak of business on the basis of the Golden Rule, on the Christian-conducted basis. Before Wanamaker, no store ever had a set price. Everything was bargaining ability, so at first he nearly went bankrupt. People saw the price tags and then started to bargain. At first, when they were told there was to be no bargaining, they walked out. The closer you get to a spiritual way of conducting business, the more just and equitable a type of business would be conducted. In this present era, business is about as un-Christian as it could be; we have reverted to cutthroat business. Once you start humanly manipulating prices, you will find a hundred ways of manipulating them. V ery few people are paying a fair price for the merchandise they buy; they are either paying too much or too little. The same thing is true in the stock market where some stocks are too high or too low. It all comes to this: that individually we may attempt to live our lives in accord with a principle but not be permitted to while we are in an era like this where prices are determined by outside factors. If it is the law, then we have to conform to it. That is unfortunate for those who would like to live by principles. However, it would not prevent an individual's spiritual development. Everything takes place in consciousness, not what you do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eside God There Is No Other.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 2, 1964, Realizing the Non-power of Appearances
- REALIZING THE NON-POWER OF APPEARANCES February 2, 1964 HUMAN EXISTENCE IS GOVERNED principally by emotions, and if you analyze your relationships with your family, your business associates, your friends, and your enemies, you will notice that very little reason enters into the relationships. It is mostly emotion, which is why most people lose money in speculation, because emotion controls them more than reason. When emotion controls you, you have no opportunity of benefitting by principles of life. When you are facing a situation and withdraw emotion long enough to realize the impersonal nature of the appearance, you immediately begin to dispel it. The natural tendency is to personalize and that is why it has been said, and rightly so, that it is unwise to discuss either religion or politics. The reason, of course, is that emotion enters in and makes it virtually impossible to talk about these subjects objectively. You would very quickly see what I mean if you could be in England during a pre-election campaign and witness how little emotion enters into the speeches by political candidates. The arguments are always aimed at the candidate's proposition, not at an individual. This is approaching politics with a minimum of emotion and a great deal of objectivity. In the same way we think of disease, sin, lack, and limitation as having to do with a person or persons, and so we center our arguments mentally against a certain person or a certain political party or that church group or that race, and this has been the error that binds men in slavery. There is no possibility of freedom from the human emotions and human passions except by the realization of the impersonal and invisible nature of error which may be operating in and through a person or a group. You do not cure a tree of its illness by cutting off its branches. You lay the axe at the root. Likewise, if you want to cut off the operation of evil in your individual or collective experience, you also have to lay ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Non-power of Appearances.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 7, 1963, Meditation Is the Key
- MEDITATION IS THE KEY July 7, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. The entire secret of The Infinite Way lies not in the books, but in meditation. In fact the secrets of life or the mysteries of life are not to be found in any book or in any message. If messages alone could give us the secrets of life, then Lao-Tzu, Buddha, Jesus, John, Paul, or Shankara have given us all of the secrets that have ever been revealed or perhaps ever could be revealed; but unfortunately, as Paul wrote: "The natural man receiveth not the things of God." 1 The natural man, the creature, is not under the law of God and that is why no message can reveal truth to you until such time as you are no longer the natural man, but have become the child of God-until you have attained spiritual discernment. There is not any message that can reveal its secret to you. There are people who have found a higher lifetime of joyous freedom through Christian Science, through Unity, through The Infinite Way. Why then has not everybody who has read their books attained this same freedom, and the answer is this: The secret is not in the books, the secret is within you and until you discover the secret within you, you cannot find it in any books. The kingdom of God is within you. What is the kingdom of God, the realm of God? The consciousness of God, God-consciousness-this is the kingdom of God, this is the realm of God. The kingdom is not a temporal one. It is not built with streets, houses, or temples. The kingdom of God is a "Temple not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." 2 The kingdom of God is "neither lo here nor lo there." It is not up above you, nor beside you, nor beneath you. It is actually your own consciousness. This is heaven-this is the kingdom of God-this is the realm of God-and it is the only place in which you will ever find God. Do not look for God in a book or in a holy temple or in a holy man or a holy woman. This is folly. The kingdom of God is consciousness, but there is no ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1963, Meditation Is the Key.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 2, Building The New Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ BUILDING THE NEW CONSCIOUSNESS Many aspirants on the spiritual path experience inner unfoldment or revelation when they begin to gain some understanding of what meditation is. Meditation is our method of building a consciousness of truth, a new consciousness. Meditation is our mode of prayer. First, however, it must be understood that prayer is not what we say to God, but rather what God says to us. Because of the noise of the world, we do not hear the still small voice or receive the benefit of the presence, and therefore, we must learn to be silent and receptive. Learning to Meditate* The purpose of meditation is to gain a conscious awareness of the presence of God-such a conscious awareness of our oneness with God that we may come into an actual realization of the truth of being. Although successful meditation requires silence and receptivity, never try to still the human mind; never try to stop thinking or attempt to blank out your thoughts. It cannot be done. When you begin to meditate and thoughts of an unruly nature come, let them come; do not be disturbed by them. They are world-thoughts, not yours. Take the attitude of sitting back and watching them. See them impersonally. Soon they will no longer disturb you, and you will be able to sit down and be at peace. There are many schools of thought as to the proper method of approaching meditation, and for the beginner there probably should be some procedure or method outlined. If it is remembered that in meditation our whole attention is to be focused upon God and the things of God, it will readily be seen that in sitting down to meditate, it is wise for the body to be in a comfortable position so that the attention is not unconsciously drawn to the body. Always remember, though, that the posture assumed is not important, nor the method used. Any procedure adopted is only for the purpose of making it easier to hold the attention on God and to become consciously receptive to the infinite power of your own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lding The New Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 106K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 4, Fulfillment of Consciousness
- ~ 4 ~ FULFILLMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS Heav'n the Vision of fulfill'd Desire, and hell the Shadow from a Soul on fire. OMAR KHAYYÁM Everyone who has had the experience of a fulfilled life knows that it is heaven. Everyone who is doing the work he loves to do is in heaven. Heaven is the fulfillment of our own consciousness. Each one of us is in this world because of a divine plan. No one came here by accident; no one came merely through physical creation. All of us are part of a universal plan, and that plan is the fulfillment of God. It is not that any one of us, for some special reason, has been given an unfoldment of truth and an opportunity for study and practice, but that truth, itself, is fulfilling and expressing itself, and we are the transparency as which it appears to the world. Truth is fulfilling itself in some way through or as you, although that fulfillment may not be apparent at the moment. Certainly it is true that most of the people in the world are not fulfilling their destiny as God made manifest and love unfolded and disclosed. The human scene has seemed to cut us off from the divine, so we have accepted a separate identity and have tried to fulfill it. Whether or not we succeed in the outer realm will not determine our fulfillment of heaven. It is the fulfillment of the inner consciousness that is heaven, and it may fulfill itself as a businessman or as a professional man, but it is still consciousness fulfilling itself on the level of consciousness. Success in business, of itself, does not bear witness to the attainment of heaven. Many successful people are unhappy because they are not successful at the particular work which would be the fulfillment of their heart's desire. We have had the experience of studying truth in order to get a healing or to demonstrate supply or success and then have come to the place where we were not satisfied. We may have attained our health or prosperity or success, but still we were not happy. Why? Because those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ulfillment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 3, Self-Completeness
- ~ 3 ~ SELF-COMPLETENESS You are Self-complete through God. You are not, and never will be, complete because of any effort you have ever made toward being good or being spiritual. Your completeness is in God. This is in accordance with the teaching of the Master Christ Jesus: "I can of mine own self do nothing. 1 . . . The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 2 . . . Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. 3 . . . My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." 4 In other words, all the power of Jesus was really the power of the Christ made evident through Jesus. Remember that, in and of yourself, you are nothing except that God be the reality of your being. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ you are fulfilled in all your completeness. So you can draw on your Christhood for anything to the extent of your realization of this truth. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4 Think of a tree with its trunk and its root system deep down in the earth, and then think of the branches on the tree. The tree has a root system which draws into it the food from the earth. It has a distributing system that sends that food up through the trunk out into the branches. There is a catalytic agent that turns the sun and the air and the water into some kind of an essence that feeds the branches and later becomes the fruit. Now for a moment think of yourself as a branch, and realize how you are being fed: through the trunk, or the vine, from the earth. As a human being, you are not partaking of that divine substance: you are a branch cut off from the trunk of the tree. It would appear that each of us is a separate unit, walking around in space, none of us attached to the other, none of us at one with the other, and certainly no sign of any God, feeding, supporting, maintaining, or supplying us: just ourselves, lone branches suspended in space, attached to nothing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 3, Self-Completeness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 2, Barriers to Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ BARRIERS TO SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT As human beings we all want or need something, and it is the desire for that something that blocks our spiritual development. It is the desire or need for something apart from God that sets up within us a sense of separation from Him, or leads us to believe that we could be satisfied with something other than the presence and power of God. The very desire for something good, something as good as to be of service, is a barrier to spiritual development for we have no right to want anything, even to want to do good. We have only one right: to want to know God. Then, if God places us in some form of service-teaching, healing, nursing, painting, writing plays or books, or whatever it may be-we perform our work with joy and gladness because we are permitting ourselves to be transparencies through which God can shine. But for us to desire to do any of these things would be to glorify ourselves, and that is wrong. It is difficult to live the spiritual life because in the human picture we are continuously desiring something-to be something, to do something, to benefit or to bless someone-and that is the barrier to spiritual development. The dissolving of the barrier comes with the relinquishment of our desires, wants, wishes, or outlining, so that we can go to God pure, not asking for supply, companionship, or to be of service, but asking only that God's grace be established in us, that God envelop and permeate us, that we may come to know Him aright, realize our oneness with Him, and thereby become consciously one with the creative Principle of our being. That is all. We, then, have no further needs, no further wants, no further desires. The Fruitage of Conscious Oneness with God To live in conscious union with God draws to us all that is necessary to fulfill our experience as long as we do not outline what that experience is to be or desire it to unfold in some particular way. That union with God, acting through us, forces us into the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ers to Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 16, Sowing to the Flesh
- ... Though your sins were scarlet, you are white as snow. Those persons of Germany who feel this way, as well as the government of Germany, are freed from punishment. It is not the punishment of God. God never punished them for any of their sins. The sowing had to bring forth reaping. Now with the sowing of a message of this nature, there is the reaping of what we call forgiveness, or release from punishment. Thereby a nation is set free. If you do not understand this law of karma, you will not understand the reasons not only for the sufferings of many Americans individually, but for the horrors of our government-the discords and disharmonies that it is suffering, the lack of ability to arrive at a solution to any major problem. ... Impartially I must find a way not only to educate my children, but to help educate the children of those who cannot afford that education. I must clothe not only my children; I must find a way to help in the clothing of those children whose parents have not awakened yet to their true identity. From me must pour forth supply! I must give it in the mundane things in life, and I must give it in the more spiritual things, the prayers. The prayers for the enemy, the forgiveness of those who offend. I must pray without ceasing. I must abide in the Word and let the Word abide in me. I must fulfill all that the Master reveals as constituting the Son of God, the Christ of God. If I am to declare myself to be the Son of God, or the Christ of God, I must act like it. I must not take the Name, I must not wear the Garment, and then not fulfill it. That is hypocrisy, that is spiritual wickedness in high places! If I call myself the Son of God, I must set aside my time for the practice of forgiveness, of praying for the enemy, of resisting not evil, of not taking up the sword, of not retaliating, of not using "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." This is the beginning, then. If I know that the Law of supply is outgiving, outpouring, expressing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Sowing to the Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 9, Metaphysics and Mysticism - The Infinite Way Path
- ~ 9 ~ METAPHYSICS AND MYSTICISM: THE INFINITE WAY PATH Many of you who have been in class work with me know that at no time in my life did I dream of there being such a work as the message of the Infinite Way or that I would ever be connected in any way with a spiritual teaching. My work was in the business world, and while I was never interested in any organized religion, I did have that longing to know what made the wheels of truth go 'round, especially after I began traveling in Europe in 1909. There, for the first time, I was awakened to man's inhumanity to man: I was awakened to the fights, the discords, the inharmonies that take place, and to the dens of iniquity that existed. I didn't know they existed in the United States too, but I learned later we also had our own San Francisco and New Orleans, and these things puzzled me because there were so many religions that claimed there is a God. So it was, I turned my attention to learning more about God. My only purpose was to find out for myself what lies behind this world, so I asked why this thing called God, or man called God, or whatever this being is, wasn't doing something about the sins of the world, the wars, the discords, the causes of strife. I was only a youngster in New York when the first ladies' ready-to-wear strike took place where men and women were killed, beaten up, and injured in the name of business. I remember when the steel workers in Pennsylvania were striking for a dollar-and-a-half a day and the militia was called out to shoot them down. I wondered about these things. I was in London in 1909 when the German and English fleets were lined up against each other in the North Sea, the World War ready to start. It was man's inhumanity to man that brought me to the search for truth but with no other object or motive than to learn for myself why, if there truly were a God he would permit this inhumanity. Many years later, when my first religious experience took place, it brought with it the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism - The Infinite Way Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents