The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XII, God Is Our Destiny
- CHAPTER XII GOD IS OUR DESTINY Spirit is forever in operation drawing unto us our own, whatever that own is, whether in human relationships or in business. There is an invisible activity which draws us to our rightful employment, our rightful marriage, our rightful city, or our rightful nation. Day by day the Father gives us the work of each day, and with that work always comes the recompense and reward. Most of us would perhaps agree that the majority of the problems besetting us have to do with regrets for the past or fears of the future. Usually at the present moment we are all right. If we could live in this minute, content to know that the power of God is in operation and be willing to let that continue, there would be no concern about the past and very little about the future. In one way or another, we would know day by day what to do, and sometimes we might even know a few weeks in advance. It has been my experience that God seldom reveals what His purpose is for me very far in advance. When you reach the stage in your experience where your life is a devotion to whatever of a constructive nature you are doing at the moment and you recognize that your livelihood is coincidental to that work; when you can find something in your work that is in the nature of a service to be performed, never again will your business be a burden and never will it be a failure. Living from day to day with the one objective of making money or making a living may result in success, but on the other hand it may just as possibly result in failure. The ultimate outcome is not foreordained. But when you have found something into which you can put your heart and soul, into which you can pour out some measure of service, even if in the beginning it is the most menial of labors, if you can find that the doing of your work is of some service to somebody, it will lead you on to higher forms of activity. If your consciousness is filled with service and co-operation, then your activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, God Is Our Destiny.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 103K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 6, The Realm of Spirit
- ... The only way we can dissolve them into the eternal now is to rise above the human way, the human mind, the human will, the human soul or consciousness into the Divine, and there become so at-one with It that It becomes our awareness-It becomes us. It is for this reason that I ask those who are serious students of The Infinite Way to meditate not less than three times a day. In the chapter entitled "Meditation" in the book The Infinite Way, there is an outline of some process of thought that should engage us from the first moment when we awaken in the morning. I recommend that before anyone steps his foot out of bed that he lie there for one, two, three or five minutes and ponder the idea of the omnipresence of God. "Here where I am, God is. Here, in the beginning of this new day, God takes over. Here God becomes the directing influence of my day. I dedicate this day to the work of the Father; I dedicate this day to the life of the Father. In this day I hold within myself no condemnation, no criticism, no judgment, no faultfinding, but insofar as it lies within my power-love, forgiveness, understanding and co- operation. I dedicate this day to maintaining the integrity of my own being, and I promise myself that insofar as I am given Grace, I will not violate my own integrity, my own higher sense of right." While we are making our physical preparations for the day, there is no reason why we should give thought to the problems of the day. Sufficient unto the hour is the evil of the hour. While we are making our preparations we can again contemplate the idea of God-the idea of God being the only presence and the only power; the idea that only God can bring something to our attention during the day; the idea that only God will be active in us, or in those we contact during the day. Then, instead of saying grace, we teach that we are never to eat a bite or drink a drop without at least blinking the eyes as a conscious "Thank you, Father." We take nothing for granted. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 6, The Realm of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VIII, Ye Are the Temple
- CHAPTER VIII YE ARE THE TEMPLE Know ye not that ye are the temple of God . . . that your body is the temple . . . of the living God." I CORINTHIANS 16:19 The body is the temple of the living God, a temple not made with hands, not mortally conceived, but eternal in the heavens; that is, eternal in time and space; eternal in life; eternal in spirit, in soul, and in substance. God made all that was made, and all that God made was made of God, partaking of the very nature of God which is eternality, immortality, and perfection. God made the body in Its own image and likeness. God is life. An activity of God, operating in a seed, brings forth a child with all the potentialities of adulthood embodied in one tiny little form-not merely a piece of matter, but an intelligence and a soul accompanying that body. The Spirit of God does this, but, in his vanity, man has arrogated to himself the role of a creator. Men and women have assumed that because they were fathers and mothers they were originators, instead of knowing that they are the instruments through which God acts to express Himself-not to perpetuate you or me, or my children or your children. God operates as love in our consciousness to produce His own image and likeness. This expression of God we have called your child and mine, forgetting that this is God's child, and not a personal creation or a personal possession. We pray to God to maintain and sustain our children; but they are not our children: they are God's children. It is not necessary to pray that God maintain and sustain His own children. It is God's prerogative to create, maintain, and sustain Its own image and likeness. God is the creator of all that is. God, then, is the creator of man's body. "Know ye not that your body is the temple of the living God?" We call this body your body and my body, but it is not ours. It is God's body, formed by Him for His pleasure, made in His image and likeness, governed by His law, and created to show forth His glory. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter VIII, Ye Are the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 85K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 4, Consciousness
- ... In the mystical life, you do not disdain the physical realm, nor do you belittle the mental realm. You realize that to be a whole man, in addition to the physical and mental, there must be that infinite, divine Consciousness which gives you your soul integrity and your love for your neighbor. Did you ever stop to think that as a human being a person cannot love his neighbor as himself? Have you ever stopped to think how impossible that is? A person might be able to love the neighbor he likes, but he would be very "choosey" about the neighbor that he is going to love as himself. Do you not see that only as the Soul of God is your Soul can you love your neighbor as yourself and not care whether he is a friendly or an unfriendly neighbor, but love in the sense that God loves? Have you ever stopped to think that, as a human being, it is impossible to pray for your enemies, and if you do, it is only lip service? Do you not know that humanly you cannot forgive "seventy times seven"? 3 Even if you could forgive seventy times seven, it would never be forgiveness until you forgave through that part of you which is divine, that part of you which knows that humanly you have enough faults of your own, and as you would be forgiven, so you forgive. Whether individual consciousness is aware at the physical or mental level, behind both must be the Consciousness that is aware, and that Consciousness is God. Now bring that down to the truth that the Consciousness that is God is the consciousness that you are, and you have oneness. Then you can relax your personal efforts; you can relax from taking thought for your life. Why should you take thought when the Consciousness that formed you is responsible for maintaining and sustaining you? You can relax in His Spirit and His wisdom, because His Spirit and His wisdom are yours. If you live merely as a physical being, people will speak of you as being strong or weak, meaning that you have a strong or a weak body. If you have risen into the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ Chapter 4, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 11, When Peace Descends
- XI when peace descends T HE WORLD THAT GOD made in six days is the world that we are making with our labors. We are creating our new world every day with our mental and spiritual labors. We are creating a whole new world for ourselves, a whole new consciousness, and one day we will realize that we have reached it. Our labors have not been in vain. The Christ is risen; we have entered. "My people must enter a period of rest, a Sabbath," 1 in which life is by grace, "not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit." 2 And never forget this: It is a real experience, living by the power of God. It is not a biblical phrase. It is a real experience, living by the Spirit of God, living by grace, living in the Sabbath, where you no longer "take thought for your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink or wherewithal ye shall be clothed," 3 but My spirit goeth before you. The movement, the transition from law to grace, is done by you, within your consciousness, at a specific moment. It could be a moment like this one, in which you decide that the time has come to stop living by chance, by averages, by insurance statistics. In other words, the time has come to stop being a statistic, and to move out from among them. Come out and be separate and live under grace. It can only happen in one way. "If so be the Spirit of God be in you, then are you the children of God." 4 Until that time, you are a mortal; you are a human being; you are subject to age, change, limitation, war, peace, depression, boom, health, sickness, life and death, chance, luck, and horoscopes. But when you make the transition filled with the Spirit of God, "then are you children of God, and if children, heirs, and if heirs, joint-heirs with Christ in God to all of the spiritual kingdom." 5 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." 6 What a strange statement this is to come from a consciousness such as that of the Master! Somehow or other, we visualize Jesus, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 11.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 62K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1959, Conscious Dominion
- CHAPTER EIGHT: AUGUST Conscious Dominion TO live the spiritual life means to give up personal sense and come into the understanding that we have no life of our own, but that that life which is ours is really God's life expressed as our individual life or experience. This is the truth about our life, but more than that, this is the truth about every individual on earth whether or not he knows it. In that realization, lies a principle which can be of the utmost importance in our relationships with one another. If we are to give up the personal sense of life, we must learn to "die daily" to the old man, that man who has been living his own life, a life lived strictly in accordance with his own desires and for his own purposes. Although there is no doubt that many people have lived their own lives for very unselfish purposes, it does not necessarily follow that these lives were lived in accordance with spiritual law. Their very unselfishness may have carried with it a self-righteous, rigid attitude of being good humanly and doing good humanly. The spiritual life, however, is a recognition that "I can of mine own self do nothing," 1 that man does not have the capacity to be either good or bad. The World's Response to Us Is the Result of Our Reaction to It In our relationship with friends, family, and members of our community, we would soon notice what a difference there would be, if instead of forming dislikes or harboring resentments because people do not act as we think they should act, we were able to maintain our balance and spiritual equilibrium, realizing that man has no power to be right or wrong, to do the right thing or to do the wrong thing, because all power resides in God, the Soul of man, the life of man. If, instead of reacting to those in our family who are consistently trying to take advantage of us, those who are unappreciative, ungrateful, thoughtless, and unkind, we were to lift ourselves above such suggestions and realize that there is no one in our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...st 1959, Conscious Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Twelve, Do Not "Pass by on the Other Side"
- CHAPTER TWELVE DO NOT "PASS BY ON THE OTHER SIDE" The unveiling of God takes place within you when you realize that it is the I in the midst of you that is God, in whom you can relax without words and without thoughts, relax and receive the Word, rest and receive His spirit, rest in His grace with no concern for tomorrow and no regrets about yesterday, no living over of the yesterdays in your memory, for these have been erased. When God is unveiled in you, you begin to live in the nowness of life. It is as if you awakened each morning and realized that God has given you a new day. It is a day that will be filled with something. It is a day that you can choose to fill with His presence, with His spirit, with His love; or it is a day that you can fill with human belief-material laws and mental laws-if you ignore the presence of the spirit of God in you. Scripture cannot be fulfilled yesterday, and scripture will not be fulfilled tomorrow. Scripture is fulfilled in this day, if so be you accept the unveiling and let the spirit of God teach you, let the spirit of God feed and inspire you, let the spirit of God walk with you through every minute of every day, and never attempt to walk through even a minute alone. The unveiling comes in that moment of your decision to awaken in the morning with God, to fall asleep at night with God, and to determine that every minute of every day you will walk with God and let God walk in you and through you. That is the goal, and the means of attaining this goal is the attentive ear, the listening ear. You are walking with God and living with and in God only as you learn to keep an open ear throughout your waking and sleeping hours. For a while it may be necessary to open your ears the very last thing at night and say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth,"1 and then sleep. When you fall asleep this way, your body and mind are at rest, but you yourself are awake. You will then be receiving thoughts throughout the night just as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._Pass by on the Other Side_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 2, A Spiritual Way of Living
- ~ 2 ~ A SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIVING Good Evening. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." The major secret of spiritual living is contained in this and many other passages. "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee . . . Acquaint now thyself with him and be at peace . . . Acknowledge him in all thy ways and lean not unto thine own understanding . . . If you abide in the word and let the word abide in you, you will bear fruit richly. If you do not abide in the word and the word does not abide in you, you will be as a branch of the tree that is cut off and withereth." Such passages as these are to be found in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, as well as in every one of the Eastern scriptures. And the meaning is clear, since even the great Master could say, "I of my own self can do nothing; the Father within me, he doeth the works." How much more true must that be of us, that we can do nothing except God do it through us or in us or as us. "He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world . . . He performeth that which is given me to do." These are confirmations of the great revelation of all time that we are as nothing except in so far as we are led by the spirit of God, guided by the mind, the intelligence of God, empowered by the love of God, and have God's grace on every step of our journey. "I go to prepare a place for you." That presence goes before us to make the crooked places straight, that presence walks beside us, it comes behind as a rear guard. These bring to light the secret of spiritual living, without which we cannot prosper spiritually. Now, by human might and human will it is possible, if one is strong enough, to go out and battle the world to become a great success, without any assurance of course, that it will last forever and that one may not be pulled down in the end. But for one to go through life joyously, fearlessly, successfully, and harmoniously, it is absolutely necessary to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., A Spiritual Way of Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 137K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Metaphysical Healing
- METAPHYSICAL HEALING HEALINGS ARE always in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends his part in what follows until he acknowledges his so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being - the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, the Savior, or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much misknowledge of the truth about God, man, idea, and body, and this misknowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, "What is God?" and that answer is, "I AM." God is the mind and the life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal truth or principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not - and if you do not, there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle and therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the mind and life of the individual. God is the only I. Next comes the question, "What is man?" and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth, - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Way_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents