God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 6, Spiritual Fulfillment Through Consciousness
- Chapter Six Spiritual Fulfillment Through Consciousness We can bring forth in demonstration only what we have attained in consciousness. A musician or an artist can give forth no greater degree of music or art than his acquired or attained musical or artistic consciousness. A pianist, even with a highly developed technique but without a musical consciousness, cannot ever give the performance of a Paderewski, nor can an amateur artist or painter produce the work of a master. We can express only the state of consciousness which we have attained. No life experience can ever be greater than the attained consciousness of the individual. There are thousands of attorneys in the United States, but only a few first ranking ones, because only those few have put into their work what they are now drawing out. In every walk of life a person brings forth what he has attained in consciousness. So, too, what we attain in this work is the direct result of what we have put into the work. If we have put in time, study, meditation, and pondering, we will attain a higher consciousness than those who casually read, rarely meditate, and hardly ever study. Do Not Try to Demonstrate Forms of Good: Demonstrate the Substance By the grace of God, one of the most profound truths has been revealed to me, not that I am the first one to whom it was revealed. That truth can best be explained with this illustration. If I did not have a glass tumbler and wanted to make one, I would realize that there could be no tumbler without first having the glass out of which to form it. Knowing that, I am no longer concerned with having a tumbler: I am concerned now with obtaining the materials with which to make glass, because once I have the material for glass, I can make a tumbler. Actually the tumbler was not my real need: glass was my need, for in having the glass I can have the tumbler. Let us suppose I need a table. How am I going to get one? Demonstrate it? Out of what? For a table wood is required. So ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lment Through Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 2, Release Man
- 2) Release Man Freedom is the normal and natural state of the son of God. The person who has realized his spiritual nature and identity and who lives by the Spirit cannot be limited in any way. There is no way to confine spiritual being. On the other hand, a human being can never escape slavery because slavery is the natural state of the human being. A human being is destined to be in slavery throughout all his days; he can never know freedom. Therefore, the only hope a human being has is to rise out of his humanhood. The dignity of the individual demands freedom-freedom from political and religious domination, wage domination, from every form of domination, including the most enslaving of all, the domination of the body. Even those who have achieved a measure of freedom from all other forms of slavery finally must acknowledge that they are slaves of the body. They live within its confines, and the body is a hard taskmaster. The body tells us when it is healthy and when it is sick. It tells us how much walking we can do and how much running. It tells us how many hours a day we can work. We seem to have no control over the body. It has control over us: we obey its mandates and are limited by its demands. This is not natural; this is not normal; and this is not the birthright of man. This condition has been imposed upon the human race that lives in ignorance of the principles that will make it free. Freedom, however, does not come by fighting evil. It does not come by overpowering error, nor does it come by appealing to some unknown God to come down out of the sky to rescue us from our vile prisons. It does not come through warfare of any name or nature. Freedom comes through enlightenment, and that enlightenment comes through opening our consciousness to that which cannot be seen, heard, tasted, touched, or smelled, to a Power invisible, a Power that does not war with other powers, but dissolves everything that appears in the nature of an enemy-whether without our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess_ Chapter 2, Release Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 154K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 2, Creating A Vacuum For The Inflow Of The Spirit
- ~ 2 ~ CREATING A VACUUM FOR THE INFLOW OF THE SPIRIT PRAYER CAN NEVER BE ANSWERED unless there is a fitting preparation for prayer and unless the terms of prayer have been fulfilled. And there are terms. One of the terms is humility. Humility is the particular quality that admits God into our experience. True, as we develop spiritually, other qualities can make us more receptive and responsive to God, but one of the first qualities we must acquire is humility. TRUE HUMILITY Humanly our lives have been lived as if we of our own selves could accomplish wonders, as if we were sufficient unto ourselves, with all the wisdom, power, and strength necessary to go out and make or break this world. Too many of us have grown up with too much confidence and faith in our own powers and wisdom, and it is in this respect that the quality of humility must be developed in us. True humility is not self-depreciation, nor is it building an escape mechanism because of a faith in some unknown God or some unknown power. True humility understands that in the beginning God incarnated Itself * as our very being. God has imparted to us Its own nature and qualities. If we are loving, it is because there is a spark of God-love in us. If we are wise, it is because there is a spark of the infinite Wisdom in us. If we are well, it is because there is a spark of the divine Being in us. To understand our dependence upon the Infinite Invisible is the sense of humility that I ask you to ponder. It is not that you are less than another; it is not the sense of humility that bows down before some other human being: it is the humility that acknowledges a divine Grace, a divine Power, a supreme Being in operation. There is nothing of an enduring nature that man needs to pray for or about. That which is always has been, is now, and forever will be. Our praying will not bring it to pass one minute sooner than its time, nor would our cursing hold it back. That which God is doing God has been doing, and God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...or The Inflow Of The Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 4, This Is Immortality
- ~ 4 ~ THIS IS IMMORTALITY LIFE, REAL LIFE, is lived in consciousness; it is lived in the secret place within ourselves. We do not begin to suspect what the God-life can be until we have contacted that fountain of Life within us. We are not really living if we think of life as something that exists between what is called birth and death. This is not life. This life is, as one of the ancient mystics called it, a parenthesis in eternity. It is often pictured as a circle and is usually spoken of as being eternal. But if we live only inside the parenthesis that begins with birth and ends at death, we are missing the greatest part of life, the eternal, infinite, and immortal structure in which we discover God's creation. In this brief interval called the parenthesis, we live largely in man's creation, and we miss God's creation. We miss the life and love of God; we miss sharing in the life and love of one another. If we know each other only as human beings, we are cheating ourselves of a tremendous delight. We are offspring of God, filled with the love, the life, and the Spirit of God, and this we must recognize. All the joys of spiritual being are embodied in us for sharing. That is why we are on earth. When the Master said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly," 1 did he mean that one man out of all the world's history had come to earth that we might have life? No, he meant that I within each of one of us has come that you and I might enjoy a more abundant life with each other. He also said that he had come to bring resurrection and life eternal. Then why have you and I come? Would it not be a sad commentary on God, if one of us were here to bring joy, peace, health, and freedom to the world, and the rest of the world were to do nothing but sit back and receive it? It would be unfortunate if it were given only to a dozen mystics to know and enjoy God and the spiritual nature of mankind. But life is not like that at all. It ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, This Is Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1959, A Lesson To Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, God, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ruary 1959, A Lesson To Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1956, Withinness
- ... If you abide in the Word of God, and let this Word abide in you, you will be as a branch that is one with the Vine, that is one with the Godhead, and you will bear much fruit. As you continue to dwell "in the secret place of the most High," you will find that it is not a matter of God's doing something for you-it is a matter of maintaining conscious oneness with God, keeping your mind stayed on God, acknowledging God in all your ways, abiding in the Word and letting the Word abide in you. In actual practice, this means awakening each morning and veritably bringing the presence of God right into the room with you in the realization that "This is the day the Lord hath made." Instead of bringing to consciousness your problems, sins, and inharmonies, bring God into your awareness in the realization that God is with you throughout the day. You can face any problem or task in the realization that you do not face it alone, "For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me." God is your supply, forgiveness, life, love. Emmanuel-God with us-is that which enables you to be, to do, to prosper. Consciously realize that God's presence goes before you, and when going about your affairs consciously know that the Christ is greeting you through every individual encountered. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and you will be obeying Paul's injunction to "pray without ceasing." In God you will have a friend, a big brother, the Father within; and you will come into the realization, as did Paul, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." As you persist in the practice of the Presence you are carried along by its beauty and harmony, and a day will dawn when "you" no longer exist. Then there will be no need to think about God-there will be only God, functioning as your individual being, thinking, being, knowing, living through you, and then it is literally true: ". . . I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ January 1956, Withinness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 131K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 9, The Simplicity of the Healing Truth
- Chapter Nine The Simplicity of the Healing Truth The mystical approach to spiritual healing, as practiced in the Infinite Way, cannot be accomplished by anyone until the metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are so much a part of him that they have become like his flesh and bones. In other words, the mystical consciousness is developed through the metaphysical aspects of the Infinite Way, because in it there are consistent specific principles which develop consciousness. The Infinite Way does not teach one day that a person's wrong thinking produced his troubles and then the next day teach that his wrong thinking is not the cause. The metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are completely consistent and are based on the truth that God is infinite consciousness and that man and the universe are this Consciousness formed and expressed. You See Your Concept of a Thing or a Person Since God is incorporeal Spirit, man and the universe are incorporeal, and just as you have never seen God with your eyes, and never will, neither have you ever seen man or this universe with your eyes. With your physical sense of sight you have never seen a tree, nor have you ever seen flowers as they are in the consciousness of God. All that you see with your eyes is a finite concept of God's creation built on the universal belief in two powers. That is why you see concepts that are sometimes bad and sometimes good, sometimes young and sometimes old, sometimes sick and sometimes well, sometimes alive and sometimes dead. But these are not creations of God. These are creations of man; they are man-made concepts. When a student looks at me, he does not see me: he sees a concept he has formed in his mind of me. On the other hand, if I should ask my neighbor to describe me, that student would not recognize me because that is not the me he has formed in his mind. If it were possible to speak to my mother, it would still be a different concept of me. None of these has ever seen the real ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...licity of the Healing Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 7, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 7 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT The readers of this book naturally represent varying states and stages of consciousness. Some may be widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of Christian Science or Unity, some from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches, and others may be practically beginners and know nothing about the spiritual approach to life. Therefore, it is difficult to reach these different thought patterns and expect all of them to understand the same things in the same way. For that reason, this chapter is devoted to bringing about an understanding of the language used in the Infinite Way. While I do not claim that the truth expressed in the Infinite Way has not at some time or other been included in the teachings of the great sages and seers, it must be recognized that this particular approach-the particular meaning of the truth or the purpose of this teaching-is probably different from almost any other teaching. The Infinite Way stands wholly and completely on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. There is no deviation from Jesus' teaching in one single particle, nor are we, in explaining or elucidating it, adding to it or taking from it in any way. It is accepted absolutely as it stands in the revelation of Jesus: I am life eternal; I am the way, the truth, and the light. I am the resurrection-not, I will be resurrected, not that there is some kind of a law of God which is going to act upon me, but I am the resurrection. I am the bread-not, I will be supplied with bread, but I am the bread; I am the water; I am the wine. When you stand on that, you stand on the revelation that you are infinite spiritual consciousness, infinite spiritual life itself, and being infinite, all inclusive and including within your own being every activity of Being. God Appears as Individual Being Those of you who are familiar with metaphysical teachings must realize that the Infinite Way is in contradistinction to most of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 129K
Find Similar Documents