The Infinite Way: The New Jerusalem
- THE NEW JERUSALEM "THE FORMER THINGS have passed away," and "all things are become new . . . . Whereas I was blind, now I see," and not "through a glass, darkly," but "face to face." Yes, even in my flesh, I have seen God. The hills have rolled away, and there is no more horizon, but the light of heaven makes all things plain. Long have I sought thee, O Jerusalem, but only now have my pilgrim feet touched the soil of heaven. The waste places are no more. Fertile lands are before me, the like of which I have never dreamed. Oh, truly "There shall be no night there." The glory of it shines as the noonday sun, and there is no need of light for God is the light thereof. I sit down to rest. In the shade of the trees, I rest and find my peace in Thee. Within Thy grace is peace, O Lord. In the world I was weary - in Thee I have found rest. In the dense forest of words I was lost; in the letter of truth was tiredness and fear, but in Thy Spirit only are shade and water and rest. How far have I wandered from Thy Spirit, O Tender One and True, how far, how far! How deeply lost in the maze of words, words, words! But now am I returned, and in Thy Spirit shall I ever find my life, my peace, my strength. Thy Spirit is the bread of life, finding which I shall never hunger. Thy Spirit is a wellspring of water, and drinking it I shall never thirst. As a weary wanderer I have sought Thee, and now my weariness is gone. Thy Spirit has formed a tent for me, and in its cool shade I linger and peace fills my Soul. Thy presence has filled me with peace. Thy love has placed before me a feast of Spirit. Yea, Thy Spirit is my resting place, an oasis in the desert of the letter of truth. In Thee will I hide from the noise of the world of argument; in Thy consciousness find surcease from the noisomeness of men's tongues. They divide Thy garment, O Lord of Peace, they quarrel over Thy word - yea, until it becomes words and no longer the Word. As a beggar have I sought the new heaven and the new ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nite Way_ The New Jerusalem.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:16- 74K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 26, 1964, Meditation: God Fulfilling God
- MEDITATION: GOD FULFILLING GOD January 26, 1964 YOU NOTICE THAT I have a meditation before I talk, and one thing you can be sure of is that I am not meditating for myself. Meditating almost day and night for some part of every hour, my own needs and the needs of The Infinite Way are well taken care of. Therefore my attitude is usually this: Whether there are just two or three or four of us meditating together, whether I am meditating for this Sunday noon group, for our Sunday morning group, or for any lecture or class, the object of meditation is the realization of the Presence. What I would like you to see is this: Right now there are twenty-four of you sitting here in front of me, and since I do not have the faintest idea of what you may need or desire, the only way in which I can pray for you, meditate for you, is to forget you individually and collectively as people-forget your needs or your desires-and turn in for a realization of the Presence, for the realization of divine grace. As I succeed in attaining that awareness, the presence of God is consciously realized and then every one of you who is receptive to the will of God must find yourself benefitted in some measure. This would probably not be true if you were outlining the form that God's grace should take. If you were expecting God to remove your pains, your sins or your lacks, perhaps you would not receive anything from my meditation. If your desire was also for divine grace and you had completely wiped out of your thought any form of grace that you wanted to receive, you would then be receptive to the Presence that I had realized, and you would receive God's grace in some form. It may not be in the form which you expect, because as a rule we entertain our own opinions or concepts of what constitutes fulfillment. We do not sufficiently believe that the kingdom of God is utterly different from what the Master called "this world," and even when our students pay lip service to the statement "My kingdom is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itation_ God Fulfilling God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 69K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 11, Be a Transparency for Love
- As we realize more and more that our function in our household is to be the instrument through which God is to find entrance, we purge our consciousness of its human qualities; we learn to forgive injustices quickly and to forget offenses, realizing that God neither judges nor condemns, and that neither must we. God's forgiveness is seventy times unto seven and so must ours be. Not only must we express love, patience, kindness, justice, cooperation, and generosity in our home, but we must love ... Because God cannot be limited in time or space, or by walls, the realized presence of God in this room is flowing out of this room, up and down the street, up and down the nation, and across the waters. I am an instrument and a transparency through which God's love blesses mankind-friend and foe. My consciousness does not condemn the sinner; my consciousness does not seek vengeance, but forgiveness. Through my consciousness of love, God enters my home, my business, my nation, and this whole ... But if God's love is not entering through the window of our consciousness, it is because our consciousness is soiled, soiled with the only kind of dirt that can soil it, a dirt that is spelled s-e-l-f, I, me, and mine. When we begin to cleanse our consciousness, when we begin to realize less and less of self, and more and more of love, more and more of forgiveness, more and more of praise, glory, and gratitude, more and more of a willingness for God to touch the consciousness of the sinner, the ... Let us do each day the task that is given us to do, regardless of how mundane it may appear to be; and if we fulfill that which is given us to do now, we shall find that more important things, and eventually what appear to be more spiritual things, will be given us to do-but not until we have done that which has already been given us to do. Our first and foremost task is to fill our consciousness with love, forgiveness, gratitude, praise, loyalty, and devotion, not only to God but to our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Be a Transparency for Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 2, Living by Love
- It is we ourselves, however, who must know whether or not we are functioning through love. At this point egotism and conceit could come in and cheat us by developing within us a pharisaical self-righteousness. We have to be careful that we do not get the idea that we, of ourselves, are loving. We must realize that it is the love of God that enables us to be loving, God's love, not our love, and not even our love for God. Instead let us think of it as God's love for us: "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son"-to each one of us individually. At the very center of our being God has incarnated Himself in us as His son. God the Father has placed Himself as God the Son in the midst of us. That means every person who has ever existed since the beginning of time or who ever will exist. Every person has the seed of Godhood at his center. God so loved mankind that He placed Himself in the midst of mankind. He placed the individual expression of Himself at the center of us and He named that center I. He named Himself I, and every time the word I comes to our consciousness we should realize that the presence of God is there. We have to maintain ourselves consciously in the awareness that the son of God is in us and Its law is love. We are in attunement with It when we are doing unto others as we would have them do unto us, when we are forgiving "seventy times seven," when we are sharing, giving, bestowing. The law of God is forgiveness and doing unto others as we would have others do unto us. We are violating the law of love the moment we desire revenge, indulge in resentment, or ascribe wrong motives to anyone. Every person is in attunement with the law of love when he is living according to his highest light of doing unto others as he would have others do unto him. "Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me," for the only "me" there is, is man; the only God there is, is the incarnation of Himself in man. When we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 2, Living by Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 75K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 5, The Spiritual Bond
- ~ 5 ~ THE SPIRITUAL BOND Between God and His creation there exists only a relationship of love, a love that truly binds, a love that unites God and man in an eternal relationship of oneness. When a man and a woman acknowledge the inseparable and indivisible bond of oneness existing between them and the Father, that automatically creates a bond between them. Only a spiritual bond existing between a man and a woman can keep them forever in love and keep that love fruitful, fulfilling, harmonious, and pure. Such a bond comes about when a person can look his partner in the eye and know that here is someone he can trust. This kind of trust makes for lasting peace and a sense of absolute completeness. In such a spiritual relationship, all sensuality, lust, and greed drop away because this bond establishes them in the household of God, of the family of God. Between them, then, there can be only the pure and unselfish relationship that exists between God and his children and between all the children of the household of God. If they can look upon one another in that light, because of the one Father, the one Life, and one Spirit, the one Soul, automatically and instantaneously, an indestructible bond is created between them. They have seen the Father shining out through the eyes of the members of their family and that makes it impossible to lie, cheat, or defraud any one of them. No person can be joined by a spiritual bond with another and live with him or her in any other way than that of peace, purity, harmony, completeness, and sharing. What happens then in this senseless human universe cannot possibly make any difference! The insanity of mankind might be recognized but it would never interfere with the relationship established with those of a person's spiritual household. Human differences become of no moment or have no effect. Where there is love what arguments or problems come up can always be worked out and a solution found without consulting outsiders or going to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 5, The Spiritual Bond.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 66K
Find Similar Documents