The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 6, What Have You in the House?
- ... I have God in my consciousness. I have the kingdom of God within me. I have the grace of God within me, and wherever I go I have that to give. I need never open my mouth. I can keep as silent as I want to be, and yet I can be a blessing wherever I am by the recognition that the presence of God is with me wherever I am, and that presence of God is a benediction to all whom I meet. We must be very sure that we want that presence of God to be a benediction to our enemies as well as to our friends. We have to be sure that we want that presence of God to prosper everyone equally. They will not all prosper equally, because they will not all open their consciousness to it, but we have to want it for them; we have to pray for our enemies; we have to forgive seventy times seven. It makes no difference whether they accept it; it makes no difference whether they know it. We are making our demonstration at this moment, and that demonstration calls for what we have in the house, and we have to give it: we have forgiveness and we have love; we have sharing; we have praying for the enemy; we have praying for our friends; we have the kingdom of God within us. Sharing Material Good The sharing of our material good is especially important to the persons who have such a fear of the lack of money that they hoard it. For them it is a very good thing to be compelled to break loose and begin giving and sharing, because they may have been making a God out of hoarding their possessions, and as long as they are doing that they cannot expect to make spiritual progress. The giving of our material goods is really the least of the spiritual graces. If there is somebody who is fearing to give up those last few drops of oil or that last bit of meal, then it is good that in some way or other he be compelled to give. Many years ago a very successful and prosperous practitioner had a patient come one day and ask for help. She told the practitioner that she was not in a position to pay for it, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...What Have You in the House_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 1, The Call
- ~ 1 ~ THE CALL God-consciousness is a plane of consciousness different from that experienced by "the natural man." The natural man is acquisitive, fearful, doubtful, and hesitant in thought and deed, all based on fears concerning the self. He lives in a sense of separation from God, but at some time in his experience, because of the depth and degree of his need, the natural man is turned inward to seek within himself for that which he outwardly requires. This inward turning becomes a search for God, a seeking for truth and, when earnestly and persistently followed, results in the dawning in consciousness of the verities: the activities, laws, substance, and being of the infinite invisible. The natural man begins to "die," and the Son of God is being raised up. Now the seeker begins to realize some measure of his oneness with God, and he eventually discerns that spirit really is the essence and very fiber of his being. The realization of divine sonship is unfolding, a conscious awareness of spirit and its law and being. The Christ, or Son of God, is being born again in the manger of human consciousness, and evolves by stages to the degree of manhood in Christ, to the full stature of sonship or God-consciousness. On this higher plane, the "old man" appears less and less. Now one becomes aware that this old man is not and never was a real entity, but rather that a false concept of the creative principle and its universe had been entertained and accepted as truth. More and more the awareness of true identity becomes manifest, and slowly truth dawns in consciousness, until God is beheld as one's own being. Now comes the understanding that "man shall not live by bread alone," 1 but more by the consciousness of truth, that the acquisitive consciousness has given way to the I-have-meat-ye-know-not-of-consciousness. In this consciousness, there is no selfhood for which to fear, since God has been revealed as the only Selfhood, Self-sufficient and eternal. It now becomes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r Nets_ Chapter 1, The Call.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 77K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 2, Knowing the Unknowable
- ~ 2 ~ KNOWING THE UNKNOWABLE Truth is infinite. Yes, truth is infinite, but that truth is within you. Then, how great is your capacity? How big are you? Infinite! Infinite, because infinity cannot be confined in anything less than infinity. Because of that, the true nature of your being is infinite, and from the depths of your being, infinity must flow. Nothing can be added to you: not even truth. Therefore, the only truth of which you can ever become aware is the truth that is already within your own being. There are many ways of bringing truth to awareness and to conscious realization, bringing it into expression and activity. It is possible to retire to a mountain or a valley somewhere, take a little cabin for a month, six months, or a year or two, and just meditate day and night, and day and night, and day and night, remain alone, away from the world, carrying perhaps only a book of scripture, meditating, abiding in quietness and in peace, and praying and praying and praying. Eventually the truth that is within your own consciousness will begin to flow, to unfold, to come forth, and to reveal itself. In the end, if you are faithful and persevere, you will know all the truth that has ever been revealed since the dawn of civilization. That is one way. Another way is through following some system of spiritual teaching in which there is a teacher with a measure of spiritual consciousness who, through his written or spoken word, is able to open the consciousness of those who come to him. One state of enlightened divine consciousness can be to thousands desiring illumination what the sunlight is to the bud, opening it into the flower. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." 1 "I, if I be lifted up" can draw all those who are searching and seeking to my level of consciousness. To no one does this apply more aptly than to the teacher of spiritual wisdom. The spiritual teacher can be a teacher only in proportion as he has received some measure ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 2, Knowing the Unknowable.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Knowing the Unknowable
- Knowing the Unknowable Truth is infinite. Yes, truth is infinite, but that truth is within you. Then, how great is your capacity? How big are you? Infinite! Infinite, because infinity cannot be confined in anything less than infinity. Because of that, the true nature of your being is infinite, and from the depths of your being, infinity must flow. Nothing can be added to you: not even truth. Therefore, the only truth of which you can ever become aware is the truth that is already within your own being. There are many ways of bringing truth to awareness and to conscious realization, bringing it into expression and activity. It is possible to retire to a mountain or a valley somewhere, take a little cabin for a month, six months, or a year or two, and just meditate day and night, and day and night, and day and night, remain alone, away from the world, carrying perhaps only a book of scripture, meditating, abiding in quietness and in peace, and praying and praying and praying. Eventually the truth that is within your own consciousness will begin to flow, to unfold, to come forth, and to reveal itself. In the end, if you are faithful and persevere, you will know all the truth that has ever been revealed since the dawn of civilization. That is one way. Another way is through following some system of spiritual teaching in which there is a teacher with a measure of spiritual consciousness who, through his written or spoken word, is able to open the consciousness of those who come to him. One state of enlightened divine Consciousness can be to thousands desiring illumination what the sunlight is to the bud, opening it into the flower. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." 1 "I, if I be lifted up" can draw all those who are searching and seeking to my level of consciousness. To no one does this apply more aptly than to the teacher of spiritual wisdom. The spiritual teacher can be a teacher only in proportion as he has received some measure of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...der_ Knowing the Unknowable.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:19- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 9, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 9 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT NOW I WANT TO EXPLAIN that for tonight at least, I would like you to be very indulgent and very patient while we do a little adjusting. This is the first class I have ever had where we represent such varying states of consciousness. Because of that I want to make a little explanation and then bring together the adjustment of thought. Some here are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of the Christian Science viewpoint; some are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches; others are almost beginners in metaphysical work and the spiritual approach to life. So, when I talk I am reaching three different thought patterns and expecting all those three to understand the same thing in the same way and it can't be done. For that reason I think this evening should be devoted to bringing about a sort of equalization to see if everybody tonight, after a week of being together, can see what the approach is; then from here on, for everyone to understand the language we use and all that it means. For that reason I would like to start this evening off with questions-questions from you to me and, if necessary, some from me to you. We will see if we can, by means of these questions, answer some of the differences that may exist. One reason for all of this is that I doubt there is any teaching now current that parallels this one. I don't mean by that, that there is any truth we are expressing or voicing that isn't included in all teaching; I don't mean that. I mean that the particular approach, the particular meaning of the truth or use of the truth or the purpose of the teaching is probably different from almost any other teaching in the metaphysical field. To begin with, I will explain this. On the positive side, which is the side of right identification, we are standing wholly on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. We are not deviating from that in any ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 9, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 28, 1963, The Unfolding Message: Spiritual Power
- THE UNFOLDING MESSAGE: SPIRITUAL POWER April 28, 1963 Halekulani Hotel I AM SURE that when we first come to a study of this nature most of us are thinking in terms of the benefit that we hope or expect to receive from it. In one way or another I think you will find it to be true that the object in seeking any kind of a teaching was self-benefit or self-improvement in some form. It would be an unusual occurrence for anyone to go out and look for a teaching that would benefit the world, because until consciousness has been spiritualized, our interests are concerned primarily with ourselves and our families. You would be surprised how many parents, hearing of this work, unite and ask for help for a member of their family who has a handicap of some mental, physical, or moral nature-but when we write back and say, "It will take your cooperation and study," nothing further is heard from them. In other words, their interest does not go even that far beyond themselves. This surely does not happen one hundred per cent, but there are many who write for help and never again answer when they learn that cooperation on their part is necessary. What I am trying to say is that to a lesser or greater degree we are seeking our own benefit. As we come to this present stage in your spiritual unfoldment, we must know by now that we of this generation are going to benefit less from this teaching than those of future generations. By comparison we will benefit by only a few grains. Why? Because the coming generations will be born into a higher consciousness, a higher spiritual level of consciousness than that into which we were born. They will not even be brought up as we were, with the idea of self- benefit. This is becoming apparent in many parts of the world where we have contacts, showing primarily the benefit that is coming to the world through the unfoldment of our consciousness and the amount of world work we are doing. This world work is not giving any of us the amount of benefit ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng Message_ Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 10, 1964, Three Lost Secrets
- THREE LOST SECRETS January 10, 1964 GOOD EVENING. For your meditation will you please ponder this: You have not come here to hear me, nor to receive a message from me. You have come here to be instructed by the spirit that is within you, to hear the still small voice that is within you, and my part is merely that you may be lifted up to the point of spiritual apprehension or spiritual discernment-not discernment of what I say but discernment of what is revealed within you. It is possible that something may come through my lips that may be the message that you will receive, but do not be surprised if you hear something tonight and discover later that I never said it-if you are not here to see or hear a man but to receive the grace of God. Because if two or more of us unite in this meditation, we will be lifted up to that point of spiritual discernment; then the voice can speak, either through my lips or it may speak directly through your consciousness. I would like to talk tonight about three lost secrets. They are not lost in the sense that they have been lost to consciousness, but they have been lost from mankind. The only reason you have them in active form today is through revelation because, although they exist as written words, they are passed over as if they were not major factors-and they are sadly misinterpreted. Let us take first, secrecy. Secrecy is one of the lost principles of life. What we call benevolence or charity or brotherly love is the second lost secret and, through these, we will come to the third. You must remember that there are two major forms of life, just as there are two major forms of religious life. One form is that which you meet in all religions; it is the religion of the Old Testament, the moral law, the Ten Commandments. It is the Old Testament teaching of "love the lord thy God" and "love thy neighbor as thyself" -to which has been added ceremonies, rituals and rites. This, you might say, is a beginning form of religion, ideally ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, 1964, Three Lost Secrets.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IX, What About This Body?
- CHAPTER IX WHAT ABOUT THIS BODY? The principles of spiritual healing have been explained in the foregoing chapters, but an explanation does not heal. Even though you have gained some understanding of these principles, in order for them to be made practical and workable, and for you to develop a healing consciousness, they must be removed from the realm of generalities, from a mere intellectual exercise, and brought to bear on specific problems, whether financial, moral, mental, or physical. One problem which is uppermost in the lives of a great many people is that of health, that of an ailing or aging body. Even those who are at the moment experiencing physical well-being are puzzled by the relationship of what they see as a material body to the spiritual scheme of things. What about this body? How does it fit into a spiritual universe? Is this material body the Word made flesh? Is it the material body or only the spiritual body which is resurrected? Does the material body manifest God? Do not be too startled when I say to you that there is only one body: There is not a material body and a spiritual body. There is only one. Here, as in every aspect of life, the principle of oneness applies. True, we entertain a material concept of body, and it is that concept of body which gets all twisted up and involves us in all manner of ills, but the body has no power to cause trouble; the body has no power to be good or bad, sick or well: It is our concept which appears as a sick or well body. When your concept is a material sense of body, you open yourself to all the sins and diseases to which the body may be subject. The moment, however, that you drop that concept and realize that there are not two or three or four kinds of bodies, but that there is only one body, and that body is the temple of the living God, God-governed, God-maintained, and subject only to the laws of God, you bring this very body under God's grace. If you believe that your body is material, you are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r IX, What About This Body_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XIV, Under the Shadow of the Almighty
- CHAPTER XIV UNDER THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. PROVERBS 3:23 Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: With him is an arm of flesh; but with us in the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. II CHRONICLES 32:7, 8 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour, thou savest me from violence. II SAMUEL 22:3 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. PSALM 18:2 As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. PSALM 125:2 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her. ZECHARIAH 2:5 The Bible is filled with promises of safety to those who live consciously in the presence of God. It testifies to a God who is available in every experience and in every circumstance of our existence; but it does not promise the world immunity from disaster-from earthquake, floods, or fire. As long as human beings are living in this world, they will experience some of the cataclysmic effects of the world's materialistic thinking. But the promise is clear that if there is famine, if there are floods, if there is fire, war, or bombs, those who live in God will walk through them, they will not in any wise touch them. Why is this? Why should they be singled out to be saved from the world's disasters? Most churchgoing people assume that these biblical promises of safety apply to them, that they are of the household of God and are the ones to whom these evils will not come nigh. But strangely enough when war and disaster come, these very persons who have led good and upright lives ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Shadow of the Almighty.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 120K
Find Similar Documents