The Heart of Mysticism: August 1957, Your Names are Written in Heaven
- ... Now I can say to you that the prophecy, if such it was, has come true: This is the year of fulfilment for the message of The Infinite Way. Jesus gave the world this Messianic message: There is a transcendental Presence and Power within the consciousness of every individual on earth, and this spiritual Presence and Power he called "the Father within"-your Father and my Father. He taught and proved that this spiritual Presence and Power heals the sick, unstops the ears of the deaf, opens the eyes of the blind, feeds the hungry, raises the dead, and gives spiritual illumination, so that the enlightened live not only by bread, but by an inner meat, an inner wine, an inner water, an inner bread of life which Jesus revealed as the grace of God. In other words, the grace of God, the activity of God's presence and power in us, is our daily bread, our supply, our activity, our wisdom, and our immortality. Throughout his three-year ministry, he proved every single point of this teaching by healing the sick, bringing forgiveness to the sinner, demonstrating supply, and revealing immortality. The disciples and apostles, and later their students, were able to prove the omnipresence of the Spirit of God in man and Its redemptive power; they broke the mesmeric Adam-dream and revealed that "henceforth know we no man after the flesh." In other words, no longer shall we believe in a good human being or a bad human being, but in the understanding of this spiritual Presence, we shall know all men as the Sons of God or offspring of God, the spiritual heirs of God- the Christ. This teaching was lost when men began to observe ceremonies and rites, arguing and disagreeing about the form of worship and eventually dividing into numerous sects, each with its own form of worship, ceremony, and creed. Attention was focused on the form rather than on the Spirit, and the essence was lost. In this past century, it was again revealed to the world that there is a Power always present and available ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Names are Written in Heaven.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1956, Contemplative Meditation
- ... But never should one be encouraged or even consider leaving his human surroundings until the call is unmistakable. Only in this way will the spiritual men and women of the world be worthy of their calling. When this is thoroughly understood there will no longer be false prophets and false teachers, nor will people leave the human world for what they consider the spiritual world before they are called. It also will be understood that each individual is called to fulfill some specific spiritual function in the divine plan; therefore there will be no lack, no disease, no war, and no unhappiness; and every individual will be cared for physically, mentally, morally, and economically. There are those who must be saints and seers and spiritual teachers, just as there are those who must fill positions in the family, business, and government; but each one who fulfills any of these in the realization of his spiritual destiny fulfills it harmoniously, joyously, successfully; with love, generosity, and forgiveness. The greatest privilege that can ever come to an individual is that of sharing the grace of God which is received and revealed in the silence and secrecy of the heart. The most sacred work on earth is the giving and sharing of God's riches of spiritual wisdom. My own heart is full of gratitude that God has spoken to me in silence, in sacredness, and in secrecy, and then permitted me to share these spiritual gems with others. One of the greatest human privileges that has ever been mine is the rare opportunity to travel to far places, and to encounter such enlightened souls as our beloved Swami Ramdas, who so liberally shared his spiritual gems as he travelled the world last year. I am sure Swami Ramdas knows my great joy in being permitted to speak on these occasions at Anandashram. To all of you, may I say that you have given me far more than I have been permitted to give you-more in spiritual memories than I will be able to store up in the next three or four ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 154K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 10, Educating the Human Mind Out of Itself
- Chapter Ten Educating the Human Mind Out of Itself A spiritual teaching can never be known or taught through or by the human mind. Only a person who has attained some measure of that mind that was in Christ Jesus, the ability to discern spiritually, can teach spiritually. Then his teaching ultimates in lifting up the consciousness of the individual, raising up the son of God, and developing spiritual discernment in the student. If a person had all the knowledge of truth that is in all the Infinite Way books, he would still find himself without spiritual power, unless in the study or reading of the books his spiritual discernment had been developed. Since spiritual truth is the very opposite of what might be called common sense or intelligence in the human world, obviously, imparting spiritual wisdom is difficult and, if not clearly understood, impossible. The first thing that must be understood is what a teacher is trying to accomplish. And what is he trying to accomplish but to educate the human mind out of itself? Good and Evil, Determined by Our Conditioning The human mind is made up of certain laws, theories, and convictions that have been inherent in it for generations, and which are inherited at birth. One of these is the belief in good and evil. The human mind is convinced of the existence of good and evil and decides for itself what is good and what is evil. Interestingly enough, what is good in one place may be evil in another place. What is evil in one place may be good in another. Furthermore, what is evil to one person can be good to another. You may have a beautiful garden of roses which to you is magnificent, God's perfect expression, but another person may become ill with rose fever from being in that garden with the roses. To some persons, animals, cats, and dogs may be the most loving creatures of God, but another person is made miserable and sneezes all day and all night after being in their presence. To one, the dog or the cat becomes evil, and to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Human Mind Out of Itself.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 6, Building the Transcendental Consciousness
- Chapter Six Building the Transcendental Consciousness Illumination, the attainment of spiritual consciousness or that mind that was also in Christ Jesus, comes when there has been sufficient inner preparation. That preparation consists not only of regular meditation and of learning the letter of truth, but what is even more essential: the practice of it. The letter of truth itself does not do the work of producing harmony in our experience: it merely helps to bring about a change of consciousness. Living Out from the Principle of One Power Let me illustrate that. In our ordinary human state we are always fearing the power of evil in one way or another, fearing infection, contagion, age, lack, fearing tyrants, domination or those who dominate, or fearing the weather, storms, lightning, wild animals, beasts, and reptiles. In this divided state of consciousness where we have respect for the power of good and yet fear the power of evil, there is very little possibility of attaining illumination. But when we accept the spiritual principle that there is but one real Power and therefore we need not fear any negative or evil powers, we begin an actual practice of that way of living and whenever we are confronted with an erroneous appearance we consciously remember: There is but one power. I need not fear what man can do to me; I need not fear what mortal conditions can do to me; I need not fear what germs or animals can do to me; I need not fear what bullets or bombs can do to me because all power is spiritual power. There is but one power. We abide in that word of truth and let it abide in us, and gradually we begin to lose our fear of external forces and powers and come to a state of consciousness where even though we see or hear about them yet we know no fear of them. In the degree that we do not react to anything with fear or concern, we have attained some measure of illumination. That illumination is in proportion to our lack of fear of anything external. Since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 12, Truth Takes Over Your Life
- ... Let Thy love flow through me that I may be wise, loving, benevolent, just. This is somewhat like Solomon's prayer when he took over his high office, that he be given God's wisdom. As you surrender yourself to God's government, to the reign of God, to the spiritual center of man that man may be spiritually-inspired and God-endowed, you are in some measure dealing more wisely, kindly, lovingly, benevolently, and more justly with your neighbor-and more forgivingly with your enemy. And if I wish to be God-governed, I must be still. I must be still and let God's government take over. Yes, there are certain things I must do to prepare myself for God's government. I've learned this from the Master: not to expect God's government if I'm holding somebody in desire for revenge. If I'm holding somebody in hate, there's no way for God to break through my consciousness. The reason is- this comes to you at this stage of unfoldment-that God is love. But God is not a love out here that comes to me. God is a love that I let flow out from me. But since love means forgiveness, benevolence, cooperation, mutuality, sharing, giving, there is no love in me unless those qualities are being expressed. Therefore, to fit myself for God's government, which means the government of love, I must make myself an instrument through which love can flow. And so, step by step, we are strengthened until the day comes when we realize that now we can rest at will in God and let that Spirit that flows through us, that Robe that envelops us, be the prayer, the benediction, and the healing to our community and to the world. We become the light of the world as we bring ourselves to a state of consciousness in which we do not battle the errors of the world, but in which we become completely still and let the Spirit of God nullify and dissolve the pictures of sense. No longer will we struggle with error, but rest, relax, and bear witness to God functioning on earth as in heaven. Above all, we will never forget ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 12.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 5, The New Dispensation of Prayer
- ... The outer self and the inner Self are one, but the inner Self is greater than the outer self. When our conscious thinking is stilled, then our inner Self, the divine consciousness, the spirit of God, can speak, live, think, and act through us. We live; yet there is a Spirit within us that also lives. There is an indwelling Spirit that performs those things that are given us to do. It perfects that which concerns us, but It cannot come into our experience while we are thinking and talking or trying to persuade, influence, or bribe God. Opening Ourselves to God's Guidance and Government God will not respond when we tithe if our tithing has an ulterior motive. We cannot sacrifice, we cannot bribe, we cannot influence God in anyway. We can only be still! It makes no difference if we are in sin. Never for a moment does that stop the activity of God. On the contrary, that is more apt to bring it into expression. God has more pleasure in the lost sheep that is found than in the ninety-nine that were not lost. Part of the Master's mission was the forgiveness and healing of sin. Is it not usually some sin, disease, or lack that compels us to admit," My way has not been sufficient. This human way of life has not done me much good." It is very much like the person who said to me, "I do not believe in God. Just look at my life and see if you could believe in God." My response was, "You are proving definitely that you do not believe in God: you do not have a trace of God's influence in your life, do you?" "No." "So you do not believe in God. How, then, are you going to have God in your life? Do you expect God to knock you down and make you unconscious and then deliver His good to you when you cannot refuse it?" We are closing ourselves to God, more or less, all the time, and then complaining that God is not doing anything for us. This is not our fault. It is because we have been taught to believe that prayer is something we do and that it consists of words and thoughts, whereas ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... New Dispensation of Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 7, Make Life an Adventure
- ~ 7 ~ MAKE LIFE AN ADVENTURE IF THERE IS NO CHANGE in our consciousness today, there will be no change in our outer experience tomorrow. In proportion as some change takes place in our consciousness, in that proportion is there an improvement in our outer affairs- either in health, personal relationships, or supply. If we maintain truth actively in consciousness, it would be as impossible for us to be in the same place today that we were a week ago as it would be to toss raisins into bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation: Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance, and the form is Its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in, or as, our consciousness, if truth appears in, or as, the Spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. All improved states of consciousness must appear as improved experience, but unless we consciously make the decision to act and live in a higher way and on a higher level, we are not going to have the manifestation on a higher level. Just as we have learned not to believe in an evil law or an evil power, so we cannot sit back passively and believe that there is a God or a law that is going to do something good in us, through us, for us, or to us. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except as we give it power through our belief in it. We can accept any belief and thereby make it a law unto ourselves. There is no power in the stars to act upon us, but it is possible for us to make a god of anything. We can pick up a piece of metal or a penny and call it a good-luck charm, and in the measure of our faith derive some benefit from it, but that is not the law of God, and it is not permanent. There is no law of evil or of good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 7, Make Life an Adventure.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: The Ever Present Christ
- The Ever Present Christ There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and it does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you; you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er_ The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 126K
Find Similar Documents